• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 322 Views, 10 Comments

One of those days - Dusty Sunrise



Just an innocent sleepover led up to this? Fate is strange.

  • ...
3
 10
 322

A storm is brewin'

Dusty stood outside watching storm clouds envelop, as the rain began to fall, he ran outside to do some last minute procedures on the house, and just about when he was finished, lightning struck the roof of his house, tearing pieces of the roof off, “What has gotten into the weather team?” he asked himself.

He ran inside and saw Spike asleep but crying about something, “The thunder is scaring him in his sleep.” Twilight explained, Dusty just nodded and got right to work fixing up the roof, he sat on one of the supports of the roof, and by the time he was finished, Twilight was reading a book, so Dusty attempted to show off by making a graceful landing but ended up tripping and landing on his belly, which surprised Twilight since he landed next to her, he gave her a playful grin and stuck his tongue out at her, Twilight smiled, rolled her eyes and went back to her book.

Dusty thought she looked so at peace, even during this crazy storm that the weather ponies are trying hard to clear up, it was a soothing feeling. So sneakily, he scooted a bit closer, and closer and closer, yawned, and wrapped an around Twilight, she looked to her side then looked at him, surprise on her face, he found himself staring into her eyes, and it felt like heaven, and he let his emotions take control, he gave her a kiss on her cheek, and Twilight looked shocked.

Realizing the gravity of his mistake, he quickly apologized and ran to his room, shutting the door behind him, first he slapped himself and called himself a lovesick fool, and opened the window and was about to jump out when… something held him in place, and he noticed a purple hue of magic on his tail, dragging him back through the window, and through the door, and soon enough he was upside down facing a very amused looking Twilight.

“Can you please let me down?” he pleaded, “I’m getting lightheaded.” And so she did, All Dusty did was stare at the ground because if he was going to get chastised, he would rather not see it happen. Twilight gingerly lifted Dusty’s head until they were eye level, and even then Dusty tried to not look her in the eyes, then suddenly, as if out of nowhere, she gave him the best kiss than anything he ever fantasized, it seemed like she was about to pull away, but he kept her in place a few more seconds before they finally stopped, Dusty smiled and wrapped an arm around Twilight, and she did the same to him, Dusty noticed that the storm had subsided and the sun was beginning to rise.

“Remember why we started calling you Dusty?” Twilight asked Dusty, “It’s because when you’re standing in the sun, your coat looks fuzzy like dust packed up together, at first it was an insult from Rainbow, but people thought that it fit you better than ‘Sweet’ so we decided to start calling you that.” Twilight chuckled, “She said it made you look ugly,” Twilight pulled him outside, and the sun took its effect, “But I think it makes you look adorable.” After she said that, she pulled him in for another kiss.

“What in Equestria are you two doing?” he heard a voice shout, he knew that voice, and it was the last pony Dusty wanted to see right now. Rainbow Dash.