• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,910 Views, 41 Comments

Behind the eyes of a monster - Kotatko von Drapek



A heavily armed, and deserted guy gets caught into a vortex, that transports him to Equestria.

  • ...
12
 41
 1,910

Chapter one: Apples

Just before you start: READ IT HERE. IT IS BETTER THERE. FONTS AND SHIT.

Any questions? Find me on Steam! Profile info


Chapter 1: Apples

Ponyville, Equestria
Twilight Sparkle‘s library
11:47

Twilight heard a loud knock on the door. „Im coming!“ She yelled from the loft, climbed down and opened the door.

It was Rainbow Dash accompanied with Pinkie. „Oh hey Twilight, i think we have a little problem“. „What is it again? Is something wrong with Pinkie?“ „Im being twitchy all day! At first it was my tail, but then it stopped after Mrs.Cake got crushed with a door! OH it was so funny Mr.Cake and the shop and everyone was laughing and then hudah huddah huh, huhdaa mrmmmhn“ She got shut up with Rainbow’s hoof. Rainbow waited for Pinkie to stop talking. „Get to the point Pinkie.“ She said in a apparently annoyed tone. „My body got twitchy before a moment! My Pinkie sense is telling me that its at the Sweet Apple Acres, so then I thought ill get Rainbow, and Rainbow thought we should get you!“. „Are you telling me that Applejack may be in danger?“

The trio was running to Carousel Boutique. When they got there, Twilight and Rainbow stopped, but Pinkie bounced in. Rainbow didnt wait anymore, and Twilight followed soon after.

„Rarity!“ Twilight yelled at her friend. „What is it, darling?“ Rarity responded. „IhaveadoozysomethingatfarmApplejackindangerwemusthurry mmmph hudda mmph hummh“ She got shut up again, by Twilight this time. „Is it true that Applejack is in danger? This is the worst. Possible. Thing.“ „Theres no time for drama here Rarity, we must hurry.“ Said Rainbow. „But im in the middle of a huge project!“ „Rarity!“ Twilight said. „How can you think of dresses when Applejack may be in danger?“ . Rarity grunted with the sound of annoyance. „Just give me a minute to get ready...“ Rarity said, but then Rainbow grabbed her hoof and sprinted out of the boutique accompanied with the other two.

-------------------

Applejack stared at the giant thing. It was about two meters tall, maybe even more. It wore a suit that looked like... she thought what it is, because it was covering its whole body. „An armor“ she thought for herself. Unlike the royal guards at Canterlot, this one was fully painted in black, and while the guards had the armor for mostly as just a decoration, this was apparently made for purely protective purposes.

A hoodie was over its head, covering half of its face in shadows. Only two blue lights were visible. On the lower part of the head, it had something that looked like a can. One light was slightly shining orange, and two lights, one green, one red were blicking at a slow pace. A speed of breath.

Its back was covered by a cape connected to the hoodie, with 4 different metallic sticks being held on its back. One stick had a thing on it, that you would get if you split a pair of binoculars in half and made the half two times larger.

Other one had a smaller version of it on, and some parts were made out of wood that had something carved into it.

Then the giant spotted Applejack. It looked at AJ motionlessly, lights on, still blicking. Applejack got scared. They looked at each other for a moment, AJ shaking, thing still motionless.

-------------------

The tiny orange model of a horse with a hat looked at him. „This is just your mind, a hallucination. Just continiue doing what you were doing before.“ He reminded himself. „Its still a fucking weird hallucination afterall“

He turned away from it, and looked at his PDA. It was made out of various parts. Touchscreen and GPS were from his old android phone. Buttons, and the sliding keypad were from some other smartphone. The antenna was from a wifi router, modded to be sliding in and out. The machine was powered by a proccesor from a server, the harddrive out of some MP3 player, he also used the sound processor from it to use the PDA as a way to make long travels more enjoyable with music. The graphics card was a resized and rewired model of a nVidia GTX 580, that he didnt need anymore. RAM was from some laptop.

The PDA was a very useful tool for survival. He could navigate himself with it, by GPS or if there was not any signal, a compass. It was connected to his body by neurotransmitters, so the PDA could monitor the medical state of him, injecting battle drugs when needed.

He pressed a button, and the display was on. Then he slid the miniature keyboard out, and turned the machine on.

> Helios PDA OS v.634,2
> Press ENTER to boot
> Booting...
> exec C:\hos\system.exe
> Please wait... 100%
> System succesfully booted.
> Estabilish sattelite connection? Y/N
> Y
> connect 85.71.45.100
> Sattelite not found
> connect 85.71.41.100
> Sattelite not found
> connect 85.71.46.100
> Sattelite not found
> connect 85.71.42.100
> Sattelites not found
> Unable to connect
> Try connection to ground antennas? Y/N
> Y
> scan range max
> Scanning..
> Please wait
> No connection found
> run C:\hos\graph
> Starting graphical OS
> Please wait... 100%

„Weird shit... That orange horse... Apples... I dont have apples on Helios. Only desert. And no horses.“
-------------------

It was too late. Applejack was looking at the unknown object, the object looking at a end of its limb, doing something. „Leave her alone you robot thing!“ Rainbow screamed and flew at a insane speed towards it. Just a second before impact it went invisible and Rainbow crashed into the ground. Twight could hear muffled laughter behind her. She turned around, but didnt see anything. „What in tarnation is that racket“ Applejack said finnaly.

-------------------

„Those things can talk? The fuck!?“ He thought for himself while goind out of invisibility mode of his suit. Five pairs of eyes were looking at him. He brought a notepad and a ball pen out of his satchel.

31.6, year 3267, 11:51 eastern Helios time.

First encounter. I thought that i am hallucinating, but a scan of my surroundings showed me that i am not. Four minutes after three more subjects showed up, one with same appereance as the orange one, but pink. Then there were two beings that i guess were in mythology described as „unicorns“ and a cyan col

„Excuse me?“ the purple unicorn said, bringing him back to reality. „What or... who are you?“ it asked again. He stared at it for a moment, then going back to writing.

colored horse that i think is a pegasus. Guessing by voice, i think that the purple, orange and the rainbow ones are female, and because of similiar appereance of the pink and marshmallow one i guess that are female too.

Those things seem sapient, i already know that the winged midget horses can fly, and the „normal“ ones dont have any special ability. What still makes me wonder is, how special the unicorns are.
It seems that i have the technological advantage of them, this place looks like earth’s first years of 20th century.


Today’s to-do list:

Find out what unicorns do □
Find my ride :( □
(optimal) Sneak around scouting the world of these things □

Overall to-do list:

Get as much things and resources as possible. □
Get the fuck out of here! □

When he finished writing all the five horses were looking at him. Suddenly the pink one burst out making him unholster his shotgun from his hip. While the pink horse was talking some gibberish from whom he only understood words „Pinkie“, „friends“ and „party“, he checked the shotgun‘s five round revolver like magazine. It was a shortened version of the famous SPAS-12 shotgun, being stripped of stock and using a revolver like drum for dispensing ammo.

-------------------

„Pinkie.“ the party pony was still talking. „Pinkie.“ Still didnt stop. „PINKIE!“ Twilight yelled at her. „Yes, Twi?“ said Pinkie with a smile. Rainbow dash interrupted „Pinkie i dont think you should be doing it with this unknown object“ Rarity said. „Why?“ „Because the stick that its pointing at you has ‘MEAT SHREDDER‘ engraved in it.“ Twilight replied.

Like if the giant understood what they are talking about, it pointed the stick at a nearby tree and demonstrated its function.

A incredibly loud thunder rocked trough the sky as tiny shreads of a apple trees were flying around. It was loud enough to temporarily deaf the five ponies.

„Leave mah apple trees be ya evil racket!“ yelled AJ and bucked the armored thing with full force. Its effect was entirely opposite. Instead of the thing, AJ fell to the ground with a thud. „It felt like ah‘v bucked a brick wall...“
-------------------
Note to self: Rednecks are still retarded.
-------------------

My first attempt to writing, i know that i suck. Troll comments will get deleted.Ill post the third chapter later, now i want to play minecraft :3 Rate it in comments, i really need to know what to improve.