• Published 1st May 2012
  • 2,109 Views, 72 Comments

Dreams Can Be Real - Flutterpoof



Jeff is any ordinary, 15 year old, happy to be, brony. Until now, that is.

  • ...
7
 72
 2,109

Chapter 5

I yawned as I woke up in the morning to a small knock at my door. I looked up at my door to see Twilight poking her head through it.
“Come in, Twilight,” I smirked. She gave a small ‘oh’ and walked in, her head hanging. I squinted my eyes and watched her walk into my room. It was sort of dramatic, until she obliviously tripped over Blue’s bed. Blue stirred awake, eyes bulging at the sight of Twilight falling over him. He quickly teleported out of the way to let Twilight fall onto something soft. She fell on the bed with a quiet ‘whump’ and she quickly stood up again. She shook her head as she stared at me. I was still squinting at her, remembering last night. She took a deep breath.
“Hey, Jeff. I’m sorry about last night. I don’t know what came over me, and honestly, it’s being happening to all of the elements lately. I have no clue what’s going on, but-“
“But that’s what I was sent here for,” I interrupted, and she shot her head up.
“What?” she asked.
“The exact same thing you just described is the reason I’m here, in Equestria, sleeping in your guest bed. Didn’t I tell you yesterday?” Twilight went into a thinking expression for a few minutes, before looking back up at me.
“So… Celestia obviously knows about this?” she asked quietly.
“Yeah…” I trailed off, not finishing what I wanted to say. We just stood there in a really awkward silence, before we heard a voice.
“Hey, I’m in here too!” I looked over to see Blue Lightning scowling at me and Twilight. We all laughed, as I got out of my bed and put my hand on Twilight’s shou- eh…. Actually, I have absolutely no clue what they call a pony shoulder, but just think of where a human shoulder would be, and that’s where I put my hand.
“It’s okay Twilight, I’m here to help,” I tried, sounding as supportive as I could. “Do you think you could gather up the elements, I would like to question them about the uh… anger surges that you gals have.” Twilight nodded, and got a quill and paper, wrote a quick note, and multiplied the parchment into 5 different pieces.
“SPIKE!” she yelled upstairs. “I NEED YOU TO SEND A LETTER!” Spike ran into the guest room, sent the letter away with the green fire, and ran back out. I laughed.
“What’s he doing that’s so important that he needs to run in and out of the guest room?” I asked. Twilight shrugged.
“I don’t know. Every time I ask, he changes the subject, and if I catch him doing it, he covers it all up with his arms, so I just gave up trying to figure it out.” I nod, and leave the guest room, Blue and Twilight following me. I sat down on a tree stump, and waited.


I stood in front of the 6 elements of harmony, plus one elements coltfriend, unsure of how to start. I took a deep breath.
“So, you are here to explain something to me,” I tried to sound as nice as possible, but failed, as I saw Fluttershy hide behind Rarity. I rolled my eyes. “Now, as you probably remember, two of the elements had a… lets just say, freak out, at the party last night.” I looked over to see Twilight and Rainbow hang their heads. “It’s okay, Twilight and Princess Celestia have explained a little bit of this to me, and I know for a fact you are not doing this willingly, it’s like someone is making you. Am I right?” I ask, and each of them nod. “Now, what I need you to explain is how you go from happy and cheerful, to angry and abusive, in, as Rainbow would say, ‘ten seconds flat.” Rainbow flashed a cocky grin, as the elements give an understanding ‘mm-hmm’. I sigh. This is going to be a LONG day.

At least, I don’t know, possibly two or three hours later, after interviewing the elements, I’m sitting back in the living room. I breathe in and out, and stand up.
“So, from what ALL of you explained to me, these surges come randomly, and you have no control over them,” I re-cap, and they all nod shortly. “Sounds to me like mind control,” I stop. “Eh, Equestria DOES have mind control, right?” I ask, giving a short laugh.
“Yes, Equestria doesn’t have mind control, and that theory actually makes lots of sense. The question is, though, who is doing it?” Twilight asks, and everyone falls silent.
“Well, THAT burned and crashed,” Blue said, talking for the first time since we gathered the elements. I swear, every time he speaks, he sounds more and more like my friend from Earth… Can he be…?
“That’s right, it did,” I huff, and sit down. I put my head in my hands and groan. This was going to be harder than I thought.
“Well, let’s think, bad people who would want to take over our minds?” Rainbow asked. I immediately think Discord, but he’s in stone imprisonment, and there is no way he’s breaking out anytime soon.
“Well, there is that new pony,” We all freeze, and look over to Fluttershy, we had also just spoke for the first time. She looks at us, and hides under her mane. “You know, the big, grey one that bullies all the little ponies?” I face palm. Yeah, that could be it.
“Does anyone know anything else about this new pony? His name, cutie mark, anything else?” I ask. Fluttershy perks up and smiles.
“Oh, I know! His name is… Uh… I think his friends just call him Shadows,” she frowns. “His cutie mark looks like a brain with waves around it… Oh.” I smirk.
“Ladies, I think we have our pony!”

“Stop shoving, Blue, geesh,” I huff. He and I were sitting in a bush, watching Shadows. Blue punched me in the shoulder.
“I told you to call me Lightning! It sounds better than Blue,” I roll my eyes at him.
“Fine, Lightning, stop shoving! You can see just fine from there!” I move his head to a place where he can see fine. He gives a small ‘ah’ and squints his eyes at Shadows, who seems to be heading to a place full of statues.
“What’s he doing there?” I ask quietly.
“I don’t know! But whatever it is, it can’t be good,” Lightning frowns slightly. “Oh Goddess, quickly! Move! He’s getting away!” We quickly pick up the fake bush, and move closer to Shadows. He looks around to see if anypony is there, and he gives an evil grin. He undoes his saddle bag and pulls out a book. He clears his throat, and opens the book to a specific page.

‘For thou who sleeps in stone and clay

Heed this call, rise and obey

Trek on to the mortal door

Assemble flesh, and walk once more!’

“Oh dear God, we are done for,” I open my mouth wide. I know I have heard this before, in a video, MAGIC.MOV to be exact. Things were not going to be good. Lightning moves himself slightly to see. I take out the binoculars Twilight gave us and I look at the Discord statue that he stopped in front of. I look closer, and see cracks breaking the statue, just like in the season 2 premiere.
“Oh no, no no no nono! This is NOT good!” I say, and Lightning finally picks up, grabs me, and teleports us back to the library, where the elements are waiting for us.
“Well? How’d you do!” Twilight asks, almost bouncing with excitement. I, still in shock, sit down and curl into a ball.
“Not good not good not good not good not good!” I constantly chant. Twilight looks at me, and then to Lightning, who sighs slightly.
“I don’t know, Shadows started to chant something in front of the Discord statue, and-“ he was quickly cut off by Twilight pouncing him, earning a scowl from Rainbow Dash.
“What did he enchant? WHAT DID HE ENCHANT!?” She nearly yelled at him. Lightning levitated her with her magic, and set her on the ground. Twilight looked at him with mere confusion and worry. Lightning shrugs.
“I don’t really know, to be-“ I interrupt.

‘For thou who sleeps in stone and clay

Heed this call, rise and obey

Trek on to the mortal door

Assemble flesh, and walk once more.’

Twilight looks at me in horror.

“He said this, WHERE?” She asks me.

“In front of the statue of Discord,” I frown. Twilight reels back, and looks at the elements.

“Girls, we need to get the Elements of Harmony, from Canterlot, PRONTO!” She yells the last bit, and they all nod. The girls start running towards the door, only to be stopped by Lightning.

“Uh, girls? I’m an alicorn, I have enough magic to teleport us to Canterlot?” He smiles. Twilight face hooves and we all get in a circle, as Lightning readies his magic. I gulp. I have a small feeling that all of this is far from over now.


A/N Well, finally done Friday’s chapter. Shadows is a name I came up with while writing, as I was listening to Avenged Sevenfold while writing this. Enjoy guys, next chapter will be uploaded tomorrow night!