• Published 1st May 2012
  • 2,108 Views, 72 Comments

Dreams Can Be Real - Flutterpoof



Jeff is any ordinary, 15 year old, happy to be, brony. Until now, that is.

  • ...
7
 72
 2,108

Chapter 9

[POV: Green Cloud] (The next couple chapters will be POV’s of different ponies. Just a small note)

“Stop!” I cried as I ran through the fire, my tears flying off my cheeks as I ran. “Stop!” I had no clue where I was. The last thing I remember was Shadows punching the living hell out of me before he teleported me here… or am I actually here? Is this all in my mind? I don’t know right now, but I figure I will later on. I have SOOO many questions to ask myself. Are the others safe? What’s happened to Shadows? Most importantly, WHERE THE HELL AM I? It looks like hell, except it’s not. I’ve been having hallucinations ever since I’ve gotten here, and they’ve all been making my life hell, no pun intended. I wiped the tears away with a quick swipe of my hoof, and continued running. I had no idea where I was heading, but the sooner I got away from the hallucinations, the better my sanity would be. I really needed to find a way out. I looked frantically around for some sort of exit, but there was none to be found. I cursed at the top of my lungs and kept running. A trickle of sweat runs down my face, and I look up to see flames burning my mane. I scream and fall to the ground, only, the ground doesn’t come. I just keep falling and falling, until everything goes black. I open my eyes to see myself back in the battle area, and I look over to my friends. I scream, causing, the ponies to stir awake with a start.
“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?” I yell. I quickly get on my hooves and run over to Jeff’s unconscious body. I panic. Is he alive? Is he unconscious, or is he…? I gulp I run over to Lightning and shake him. “Hurry up! Jeff isn’t alright, he’s either unconscious or-“ I have no time to finish, as Lightning flies up at the words ‘Jeff isn’t alright’. He flies over to his unconscious body and looks at him, shocked.
“Shadows! You bastard! What did you do to him!?” Lightning shouted into the air, to no answer. He must be long gone by now.
“He’s gone, Lightning. He’s LONG gone,” I hear Twilight sigh behind me. I sniffle. I turn around and hug Rose. How I would long to kiss her again, but I don’t think it would be fitting at this time. “Don’t worry, though. We will find that plothole, and kill him,” I smile sheepishly. Lightning laughs shortly, looking at Jeff’s body.
“C’mon, guys. We need to get him some help. By a licensed doctor,” Twilight mutters. We all nod and stand up, Lightning carrying him with his magic. We walk through the trees and back into the Everfree, not worrying about what lies inside at the moment. Who would’ve thought, meeting up with this col-… Man, would change our lives so much? I sure as hell didn’t. But I spoke the truth earlier. When we find Shadows, we will kill him. I’ve never been one to be so violent – and that fact was proven in the fight, as I didn’t really fight back much with Shadows, seeing how I was the first one to be knocked out. – But I will make it my mission, to make sure Jeff doesn’t go down in vain. I’m sure Lightning, Twi, and Rose feel the same way, to be honest. I gulp, scared out my wits. We arrive at the hospital, and enter the visitors room. The nurse looks up, and gasps.
“Oh my goddess, we need a doctor. NOW!” she slams her hoof on the table, and gets a roller bed to lay Jeff on. Lightning sets him down, and they take him down the hallway into a room, and close the door tight. The only thing we can do right now, is wait.

“Well? How is he, doc?” Lightning asks the doctor. It’s the first time I’ve heard him be serious in a long time, no sarcasm or cockiness found in his voice at all. I shudder. It’s obvious the entire ordeal is getting to Lightning the most out of all of us.
“I don’t know… It’s not anything we’ve seen before. It looks like he was put under a spell to be knocked out, but the power of it was massive, like it was the power of Celestia and Luna put together!” he looks down at his clip board, and back up again. “There are also traces of unknown magic in his blood, which really adds to the whole ordeal. We aren’t sure if he is unconscious, or… dead, at the moment, but we will try our best to keep him alive. It’s difficult, what with Ponyville being in the state it is. We are getting more patients by the second, not to mention the power surges we’ve been getting. It’s just… awful.” The doctor closes his eyes and rubs his forehead.
“….Thanks, doc,” I sniffle. He nods and walks away, back into Jeff’s room. The door of the visitor’s room blasts open, and we see the rest of the mares burst into the room. Rainbow flies over and hugs Lightning.
“Thank goddess your okay! What if… What if you got hurt as bad as…” she stops, and hugs him tighter, as he strokes her mane.
“Twilight, dear, how is our human doing? I sure hope he is okay, his features would look simply AWFUL with cuts and bruises,” Rarity says. I groan. Hell of a day, same prissy Rarity.
“He’s… in a coma, to say the least. He’s basically… well…” Twilight struggles.
“In Limbo,” I say, and all the ponies look at me. “It’s basically a place between heaven and hell where… uh… I’m going to say where ‘un-dead’ ponies go when they ‘die’,” I explain. Twilight gives a small ‘ah’, while the rest just shrug at me. If it wasn’t for the circumstances, I would go into more detail, but the mood I was in was making it hard as hell to do so. I look down and fiddle around with my hooves. It was the best thing I could do to waste the time. I sigh, and look around the room. It’s way past midnight, and I suddenly feel really tired. I settle down in my seat, and close my eyes, preparing for a long night, as I slumber into a night sleep, wondering. Should I tell them? I think of Rose, and the way I saw her that fateful day, how hurt she was. Nah, I think it can wait until morning. I shudder a bit, before falling into a deep sleep.


AN: SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I suck at writing in different POV’s, but the next couple chapters will have them as well, so prepare yourselves!

Also, sorry for not updating yesterday, but my router conked out and didn't get it fixed up til a couple hours ago. ALSO, NEW UPDATE TIMES ARE EVERY TUESDAY INSTEAD OF TWICE A WEEK! SORRY, BUT I AM KIND OF STUCK ON WHERE TO GO, SO I NEED MORE TIME TO THINK CHAPTERS THROUGH BEFORE WRITING THEM!!!!