• Published 1st May 2012
  • 2,108 Views, 72 Comments

Dreams Can Be Real - Flutterpoof



Jeff is any ordinary, 15 year old, happy to be, brony. Until now, that is.

  • ...
7
 72
 2,108

Chapter 10

POV: Blue Lightning (Last POV Chapter)



I stroked Rainbow’s mane while she sat there, sleeping on my chest. Her light breathes were the only thing that reassured me that she was alive. We still hadn’t been allowed into Jeff’s room, and we all were getting impatient. It was around five in the morning, judging by the sun slowly peaking out of the horizon. I was really panicking over this situation, because… well, it’s my bad luck. Everytime I meat somepony, their life turns into hell. I met Green Cloud, he got put into a bunch of crap, plus he gained a marefriend, and then lost her within a month, all because of me. I can’t believe Dash stayed with me this entire time, even though she knew that being with me would only cause her misery. I shook my head. I shouldn’t be thinking this much. Shadows gave me a damn good buck to the head. I had to admit, he was a real athlete, and gave a good kicker. He should try out for Soccer… although, from what Green told me, it’s kind of… rough, so maybe he shouldn’t… Actually, if it’s rough, sign the pony up right away, the bastard deserves a good plot kicking. I sighed, and closed my eyes. Everypony else was asleep, so I decided I should get some too. I quickly drifted off into slumber.

“Lightning, wake up,” I heard a voice above me say. I moaned and turned over.
“Nooo… Let me sleep for a while longer, mum! School isn’t for another hour,” I said, dazed.
“Oh for… GET UP!” the voice yelled. I yelped and fell out of my chair. I looked up to see Dash smirking.
“…Ow. I will get you back for that,” I said through squinting eyes. Dash gave a small, fake laugh.
“Can’t wait,” she smirked. I facehoofed.
“That’s not what I meant at all! Get your mind out of the gutter, girl,” I said. She laughed, and then turned her expression to a serious one. How she does that, I’ll never know.
“They’re letting us into Jeff’s room now. Thought you might want to know that,” she muttered to me. I was wide awake now. I quickly sprung up off the ground, and looked over to see Twilight. She motioned us to follow, and I immediately obeyed. She led us to a room on the third floor of the hospital. I opened the door to see Jeff on a hospital bed, with the beeping noise emitting from the machine next to him. The only thing that reassured his life isn’t done.
“Hey, buddy,” I said quietly to Jeff’s motionless body. I sniffled to keep a tear back. Even though I’ve only known Jeff for a few days or so, I’ve come to be his, like… best friend, here in Equestria. I looked towards the wall, closing my eyes to think for a moment. I wish there was more that I could do, but even Alicorn magic is very limited. I looked back over to Jeff. There was one thing I could do. I lowered my head, and my horn started glowing. Jeff’s body started glowing the same, blue aura that my horn had.
“Lightning! What are you doing?” Twilight asked me loudly, in a demanding voice. I cringed.
“Helping him! It won’t revive him, but it may increase the chances of him… not dying,” I explained to her. She nodded hesitantly, and stepped back to let me do my work. I gritted my teeth and close my eyes, groaning. I put all my thoughts to the spell, as I felt a trickle of sweat run down my forehead. I opened my eyes and let out a sigh and fell down to the ground. Twilight and Dash quickly ran up to me.
“Omigosh, are you okay?” Twilight said to me. I nodded and got up. I looked at Jeff’s heart meter to see that the beeping started getting faster. I sighed a breath of relief, knowing the spell had worked. I walked away from his body, slowly.
“That’s all we can do for him for now. All we can do now is wait,” I said to the other ponies. They all nodded as they sat down on the chairs in the hospital room. I looked over to Fluttershy, and walked over to her. She looked up to see me and gave a small ‘eep’. “Are you okay, Fluttershy? You’ve been very quiet since the whole incident in Canterlot,” I asked her. She looked at me, and sighed.
“Yes, I’m just very uncomfortable right now. If you could let me have some time to myself, I would appreciate it… if that’s okay with you,” she mumbled. I smiled and nodded, and walked back to my seat. As soon as I got on it, Rainbow flew onto my chair and put her head on my chest.
“Hey, I’m not a pillow you know,” I pointed out to her. She laughed, and raised her head, looking at me. She giggled.
“You look upside down to me,” she giggled loudly. I groaned.
“Just go to sleep,” I said to her. She laughed again, and closed her eyes. She fell asleep rather quickly, as I felt her chest rise, and fall. I hesitated, but kissed her forehead lightly, and rested my head.
“Have a good sleep, Dashie,” I said to her, before falling back to sleep.


“What the hay is going on?” I heard a colt’s voice say.
“I don’t know, but the beeping on the meter is going insane. His heart rates are high; he needs medical attention, fast!” I heard a mare’s voice say. I opened my eyes to see a doctor and a nurse, panicking over Jeff’s body. I stood up, knocking Dash off my chest and down to the floor. She awoke on impact.
“OW! What’s going on?” She asked me.
“I don’t know! But something is wrong with Jeff!” I told her, and I quickly awoke the other six ponies with my magic. I explained that something was going wrong with Jeff, and everypony started panicking. I went up to Green Cloud, who had actually heard the whole conversation between the two doctor ponies.
“What’s going on? What’s wrong with Jeff?” I asked him. He gulped.
“His heart rates are going insane. It’s like his heart is being unnaturally fast, like, faster than the speed of sound!” He said to me, and I opened my eyes wide. “Yeah, so I don’t have big hopes for Jeff right now. I hate to say it, but I don’t,” He looked down and sat back in his chair. I groan, and tell the rest of the ponies what’s happening. Panicking, we look over to Jeff who is surrounded by medical ponies. I feel a tear coming to my eye. Is he having a heart attack? Is he dying? What’s it feel like to him? My thoughts are interrupted by a punch to my head.
“C’mon, we gotta get out. The doctor pony says so,” Dash says in an angry tone. I sigh, as I leave the room. I look over to Dash, and try and lighten the mood.
“Oh, me knocking you off my chest? Pay back for earlier,” I force a smile. She smirks at me, and slaps me playfully.
“Ow. Stop hitting me!” I say to her.
“Make me!” she sticks her tongue out and flies to the waiting room. I groan. Maybe lightening the mood wasn’t such a brilliant idea. I arrive in the waiting room to a bunch of frantic. There are other ponies crying, and yelling to the nurses. My head starts throbbing. I walk over to the seven ponies, and sit down. I look to Twilight, who nods and both our horns start glowing. All of a sudden, the noise cancels out and we can’t hear any of their babbling.
“Sound proof spell. Thank Goddess it exists,” I mutter to myself. Twilight nods, agreeing with me, and I settle back in my chair, fatigue suddenly washing over me. I close my eyes and drift back into to sleep, hoping I won’t be awoken again, to which my pleads weren’t answered. Less than an hour later, I awake to being shaken by Twilight. I growl loudly. She scowls.
“WAKE UP! Jeff is awake! We can go see him now!” She says to me, happily. I open my eyes with a gasp, and burst out of my chair. I quickly fly to Jeff’s room, and burst through the door.

I look at my friend, who has bandages all done his body, and dry blood that wasn’t cleaned running down his head. I see a big bandage over his chest, where the medical ponies obviously cut through to look at his heart. I shudder, thinking off looking into a humans insides. I think I’ll pass on that opportunity. I look him in the eyes, to which he smiles, shaking. He raises his hand to head level, holds up his first three fingers, and slowly flicks his wrist to the side, like he always does when he waves. I smile slowly at him, the happiness showing in my expression.
“Hey bro, what’s happening?” Jeff says gleefully.

A/N: Felt like cutting off the chapter 300 words ago, decided against it, and I am happy I did. The chapter went more in depth and took a turn in the middle and end. Next chapter will be Jeff’s POV again, and I hope it will stay that way… for now…

HURRARY FOR WRITING AT 12 IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU’RE TIRED AS HELL! YAAAAAAY!