• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 1,326 Views, 10 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders Death Academy Meisters - Chaos_Azeroth



Welcome to Equestria's Death Weapon Meister Academy. (Or EDWMA for short.)

  • ...
4
 10
 1,326

Scootaloo and the Dark Lily

Scootaloo got up and streched. 'Don't worry,' Cheeralee encouraged. 'We can do this together!'

'I know,' Scootaloo replied. 'As long as I have the best weapon in all of Equestria on my side.'

'How nice of you to say that,' Cheeralee replied. 'But that's not true, Celestia is.'

'What? Just because she's a Death Scythe,' Scootaloo responded. 'Or because she's Luna's weapon?'

'Those things help,' Cheeralee said. 'But she's great without that too.'

'Not because she's a Death Scythe?' Scootaloo questioned. 'Well, we better get going.' They left for right outside of Canterlot, and hoped their target hadn't decided to make a move into Canterlot. Scootaloo vocalized this concern.

'I sure hope they didn't decide to go into town,' she said. 'A lot of ponies could get hurt that way. And they might be harder to find.'

'Yes,' Cheeralee agreed. 'But maybe not. Cheer up, we can find them and stop them with no trouble.'

'No trouble?' Scootaloo said, skeptically. 'Hopefully just not too much trouble.'

They noticed all the ponies going about their daily lives. More ponies had come to Canterlot than usual, and it made both Scootaloo and Cheeralee nervous. They might show up to try to pick off ponies and eat their souls.

Right before they got to the outskirts, Cheeralee transformed to her weapon form. Scootaloo held her, and as she walked she bumped into a pony. They were black with a silver mane and tail.

'Hey watch it,' the pony said as she turned. She stopped and stared at Scootaloo and Cheeralee, then burst out into a grin.

'Oh a meister! So are you coming after me then? I'm Dark Lily. I can't wait to fight you! So let's go out of town completely, I don't want us to be inturrupted.'

Scootloo stared in disbelief, not entirely sure what was going on. 'Is she serious?' Scootaloo wondered.
_____________________________________________
Outside of Canterlot, Scootaloo readied herself. In the short time it took to go outside of town, Scootaloo had decided Dark Lily must be far more dangerous than she previously thought. She charged, Cheeralee raised and preparing to strike.

'WAIT!!!!'

Scootaloo froze. Did Dark Lily just yell at her to wait? It didn't make any sense.

'I wasn't ready,' Dark Lily huffed. 'I have to go get my weapon. How rude!' She smiled.

'I'll forgive you though.' She giggled.

She went over to some rocks and pulled out a mallet. Scootaloo had to wonder again if she was serious.

'Go!' Dark Lilly shouted and charged. Scootaloo dodged as Dark Lily swung her hammer.

'Hey! You dodged it. Good job! But I'm just getting started!' Dark Lily giggled.

Scootaloo went to quickly strike with Cheeralee, but Dark Lilly jumped out of the way deftly. She giggled, and Scootaloo found herself getting angry.

'I don't know how long I can do this,' Scootaloo thought sourly. She wasn't a slow pony, but she wasn't the fastest pony. That hadn't been a problem before, and she had her scooter. She found herself wishing she hadn't left it behind, thinking it would be bad to have around in a fight.

Dark Lily giggled and came at Sootaloo. She attacked, more quickly this time. Scootaloo decided not to dodge the attack this time, but instead try to block. She managed this with decent success. The strike was harder than she imagined, and she almost didn't manage to hold it back.

'Wow so cool,' Dark Lily said as she jumped back. Scootaloo didn't wait to see if Dark Lily was finished, she charged in to attack. It seemed as if it would hit, but at the last second Dark Lily jumped, and landed right on Cheeralee's side. She looked genuninely confused.

'You inturrupted me,' Dark Lily said, puzzled. 'Are you that eager to fight? And I thought I was excited!' She swung her mallet down, and Scootaloo did the only thing she could think to do.

She swung Cheeralee as hard as she could. And the restults, at the very least, were interesting.

Scootaloo managed to swing hard enough, and surprised Dark Lily enough, to send Dark Lily flying. Her mallet flew in the opposite direction.

'No wait,' Scootaloo said as she advanced. 'I'm not putting up with your stupid games anymore.'

As Dark Lily stood up, she asked, 'what are you, a chicken?' Scootaloo's eyes narrowed, and wordlessly she charged. Dark Lily had no time to register that her plan had backfired before Scootaloo angrily swung Cheeralee. She caught across Dark Lily's chest, but it was not a finishing blow. But the gash did begin to bleed decently. Dark Lily fell, kneeling. The smiling and laughing was gone from her, replaced by shock and anger.

'That's too bad,' she cooed softly. 'That's really too bad.' She went to stand again, but Scootaloo had gone to Dark Lily's weapon, and kicked it to her. In her frustration, she pegged Dark Lily right in the chest. Her gash began to bleed profusely, and she fell breathlessly with a sickening thunk. Scootaloo froze, and stared. Dark Lily was not disappearing, however.

Dark Lily struggled to stand, coughing. She coughed up a little blood, and fell again. 'What do we do?' Cheeralee asked, sounding sad and bewildered. 'Should we attack? We have to defeat her, but it doesn't seem right somehow either.' Scootaloo felt the same, but the realization dawned on her that it was far more cruel to leave Dark Lily like that. Dark lily was going to die, it was painfully obvious, and it could be slow or quick.

'I'm really sorry,' Scootaloo whispered as she swung Cheeralee, forcing herself not to close her eyes. Dark Lily flinched, and Cheeralee ripped through her. She disappeared, leaving only her soul. Cheeralee transformed back to pony form. She picked up the soul, but only stared at it at first. It would be wrong not to eat it, but it was still so sad. She ate the soul, solmnly.

'You didn't mean to,' Cheeralee reassured as they went back. 'It wasn't your fault...'

The rest of the walk back was silent, both Scootaloo and Cheeralee finding no joy in their first victory.