• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 1,327 Views, 10 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders Death Academy Meisters - Chaos_Azeroth



Welcome to Equestria's Death Weapon Meister Academy. (Or EDWMA for short.)

  • ...
4
 10
 1,327

Applebloom and the Dark Rose

Applebloom awoke, and Big Macintosh was already ready to go. She ate a piece of fruit, and threw him one. He ate it as they walked. Their souls, however, along with the others were being watched.

'What kinda enemy do ya reccon it is?' Applebloom asked as they walked, going to the area they'd last been spotted in. Big Macintosh just shrugged.

'Lotta help you are,' Applebloom muttered. Big Macintosh just ignored her comment.

'Is that how it's gonna be then?' Applebloom asked, obviously annoyed.

'Eyup,' Big Macintosh responded indifferently with a shrug.

'Ya know somethin?' Applebloom stated. 'It's amazing we can be partners.'

'Ehnope,' Big Macintosh responded. 'This is just too imortant to spend our time talking and not looking.'

'Oh I've found where they are,' Applebbloom responded, upbeat. 'We just need to get there.'

'Oh?' Big Macintosh asked. 'You can sense all the way to the Everefree Forest?'

GULP

'Just barely,' Applebloom said softly. 'Let's go.....'
_________________________________________________________
'Yes, I understand,' the pony from before said. 'Yes, they're all close enough to their enemies...The Dark Flowers...Yes, it is strange they all took them as their missions...Will do...'

She had been talking on a small communication device. But to who? She had been talking about Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweety Bell, that much was obvious. But who were these 'Dark Flowers', and what could they do?'
___________________________________________________
'Well we're getting close,' Applebloom said. 'Just a few more feet and we'll see 'em.' It was getting into evening, and Applebloom was a little more nervous being in the Everfree Forest. So nervous about that, in fact, she had forgotten her fears of her enemy and botching her very first mission.

'Good,' Big Macintosh replied. 'Be ready.'

'Ah know that,' Applebloom snapped. She slowed, and Big Macintosh followed her lead. He turned into his weapon form, and Applebloom held him. They could see a dark crimson mare with a black mane and tail. She was just standing there.

'What is she doin here?' Applebloom wondered. 'And why is she just standin there? Ah got a bad feelin...

'I heard you,' the mare said. 'I'm the Dark Flower, Dark Rose. Who are you?' When Applebloom stepped closer, Dark Rose snorted.

'A meister? From the EDWMA? You look awful young. Why did they send a filly for a mare or colt's job? Are they so eager to kill their students? Are you so eager to die?' Her tone was almost bored.

'Ahm Applebloom,' Applebloom said through clenched teeth. 'And ya shouldn't judge me based on mah age. Ah can do plenty!'

'Then show it!' Dark Rose exclaimed as she grabbed a sword from the other side of her and charged.

'Look out!' Big Macintosh exclaimed as Applebloom dodged. The sword cut just the end of her tail off.

'Ah know!' Applebloom responded, frustrated.

'Not bad,' Dark Rose said, a little snidely. 'But you can't just dodge forever!' She charged again.

Applebloom jumped at the last second, a risky gamble that thankfully paid off. As Dark Rose was surprised by this, Applebloom swung Big Macintosh. Dark Rose tried to dodge, but Applebloom suddenly changed her swing and she hit Dark Rose in the side. Dark Rose was sent flying, and coughed loudly.

'Oh, that's how it's going to be?' Dark Rose said, her breathing slightly labored. 'Well, I'm not holding back anymore you little brat!' She began to charge, but as Applebloom swung Big Macintosh Dark Rose suddenly sped up and ended up beside Applebloom before she or Big Macintosh knew it. Applebloom tried to block with Big Macintosh, but only barely deflected it from being a serious cut to her side. The sword still grazed part of her side. There was a thin, shallow cut.

'You wouldn't have been able to do that at all if you hadn't gotten that lucky shot,' huffed Dark Rose.

'Ah outsmarted ya,' Applebloom said. 'It wasn't a lucky shot.'

'Oh you little brat!' Dark Rose practically screamed. Her breathing was ever so slightly labored, not enough for Applebloom or Big Macintosh to notice. 'I wasn't sure whether or not I'd kill you and eat your soul, you being so young. I thought I'd proabably just defeat you and eat the soul of the next meister they sent. But you are just to much! Your soul is mine!'

'Ah don't think so,' Applebloom said, seriously. 'Ready, Big Mac?' Big Macintosh was glowing orange, but Dark Rose failed to notice this in her anger. This little filly had been far more trouble than Dark Rose had thought she would be, and in her mind had been very rude as well.

'Eyup,' Big Macintosh replied. 'No need ta ask.'

As Dark Rose began to charge, Applebloom yelled, 'Darkness Hunter.' She swung Big Macintosh.

'What,' Dark Roses thought as the wave hit her. 'How could they...When did they...' She was ripped appart by the blast, only her head and chest remaining intact.

'How could you do that....' Dark Rose somehow managed to ask, trailing off as she died. Her remains dissapeared, and a red soul was the only thing that was left.

'Ah told ya,' Applebloom said, responding to somepony who was no longer there. More talking to herself. 'Ah can do plenty.'

Big Macintosh transformed back into his pony form and picked up the soul. He looked at it for just a moment before he ate it.

'Ah know that's natural,' Applebloom began, 'but it's kinda gross.' Her side had bled slightly in the fight, and finally stopped. Dried blood was in her fur.

'Ehnope,' Big Macintosh replied. 'You would understand better if you were supposed to do it.'

'Ewww no!' Applebloom exclaimed as they walked away. 'Ah could never do that.'

'But ya never know,' Big Macintosh countered. 'Did you ever think you could do that? Wasn't there a moment of doubt?'

'Of course,' Applebloom said quitely. 'But this is different. Ah don't think Ah'll ever get used to it.' Big Macintosh just chuckled at that. They went back to the EDWMA, laughing and being as close as any meister and weapon could be without marrying. Maybe in some ways, being a sibling team, even closer.

'Do ya think we can do good next time?' Applebloom asked. 'By the way, that was clearly not labled the right difficulty. Do ya think somepony tampered with it?'

'Maybe,' Big Macintosh replied. 'Doubt it, though. Why would somepony do somethin like that?'

Applebloom didn't have a response for that one. 'It's gonna be late when we get back,' was all she could think to say.

'Eyup,' was all Big Macintosh replied.
_______________________________________________________________
As Applebloom had worked to complete her mission, the other two had been working hard on theirs. How did they turn out, success or failure. And what kind of ponies were their oponents? Well, let's take a look how Scootaloo did first.