• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,194 Views, 39 Comments

A face of names - DTFluttershy



The mane 6 each meet there perfect Coltfirend, but Spike and the CMC thinks somethings going on

  • ...
1
 39
 2,194

Chapter 8:Do the Hokey Kokey

Pinkie Pie had already gotten the second party under way the next day. This one was in honour of Fluttershy’s and Applejack’s coltfriends, Blue Muscle and Lasso. The two were unable to make it due to Lasso going on one last trip before he took up a more permanent residence in Ponyville. And as for Blue Muscle, he would have been too shy to even go to the party. It didn’t mean however that Fluttershy and Applejack didn’t go. They arrived at Sugar Cube Corner together and Pinkie Pie greeted them at the door. “Hey Applejack. Hi Fluttershy.”

“Why howdy sugar cube.”

“Hi Pinkie. We really do appreciate what you are doing for our coltfriends.”

“An’ ah’m sure that if they were here right now they would show you there thanks too.”

“It’s OK. A party’s a party. Although this one won’t be as big as the other one last night mainly because I had one last night and because the reasons for the party aren’t here for the party and of Blue Muscle was here then it would be really big because have you seen the size of him Applejack he’s even bigger then Big Macintosh and I bet he could beat him in a fight if he wasn’t so shy...”

“Uh Pinkie,” said Applejack.

“Yeah?”

“Breath.” Pinkie took in a large amount of air as now she seemed at her normal hyperactive self. “Anyway, Big Mac keeps getting beaten up by Lasso anyway, so Blue Muscle isn’t really required.”

“And I don’t think Blue Muscle would do something like that,” said Fluttershy. “He is really caring and kind and wouldn’t dare hurt another pony.”

“Pardon me fer, makin’ like he’s a bad stallion, but I heard from Applebloom that, he made a salespony cry.”

Fluttershy looked away. “Well, um, he was, just trying to defend me, and he didn’t mean to anyway.”

“Ah’m sure he didn’t. Anyway personally, ah think he deserved it.”

“Thank you Applejack, I think.”

As the two went off to go and mingle, Pinkie Pie was about to join them. Then she stopped all of a sudden she stopped. She looked around and on her own person. “Something isn’t right,” she said to herself.

“Hey Pinkie,” called a voice.

“Twilight.” Pinkie ignored the feeling and went to greet Twilight and Borealis. “Twilight, I’m so glad you can make it. And thank you Borealis for...” Pinkie stopped mid-sentence for she could see that Twilight had arrived alone. “Where’s Borealis?”

“Well apparently he ordered a really large present for me. He really didn’t have to but he was so insistent. Sadly it got held up Manehatten, so he had to go get it himself. Don’t worry he’ll be back tomorrow. He says the package will be extra special.”

“Oh. Well, if it’s a really big present, then I understand. Boy Borealis must really be in...” Pinkie stopped. She looked around again. She even sniffed the air. Twilight was understandably confused.

“Pinkie, I know I’m going to regret this but, what are you doing?”

“Something is not right Twilight. Something, really, isn’t, right.”

“What is,” asked Twilight with concern. “Is your Pinkie sense going off?”

“No. And there’s the problem Twilight.”

“What do you mean? Surely if your Pinkie sense isn’t going off, that means everything is alright.”

“No it isn’t. I always get very small Pinkie senses. It tells me things like if anyone is happy or sad. And just a few minutes ago, it told me everyone was happy. Now it’s like it’s just...been turned off.”

Pinkie was beginning to panic more so Twilight tried her best to cheer her up. “Cheer up Pinkie. Maybe you too hard. I mean even two big parties in quick succession would even take it out of the princesses. Come on, let’s go and get some punch. That’ll make you feel better.”

“Yeah, I suppose it would help to get me in the party mood.” So the two friends headed towards the table with the punch bowl. However, when they got there, other ponies were just standing around it awkwardly. As the two friends got closer, they saw why. There on the table, with his head shoved in the punch bowl, was a purple colt, with dark purple hair and a cutie cake drinking the punch down.

Twilight, cautiously approached. “Um excuse me sir, but would you care to explain why your head is in the punch bowl.”

The colt quickly brought his head up a looked at Twilight and Pinkie Pie. “Well you see I heard the punch her in Ponyville was really, really good so I thought I would say what the hay and simply dunk my head in there to get a taste because I really couldn’t be bothered with getting a cup and I’m glad I did because the punch is really, really, REALLY good. Oh I must see the pony who made this and tell her what I feel about.”

Barley pausing, the colt then gasped loudly and darted towards Pinkie. “Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. It’s you. Ponyville’s Premier Party Pony I just wanted to tell you how great your punch is, although I suppose that you already knew that due to the fact I just told you friend there. Can you tell me the recipe for that? I would love to how you make it. By the way, my names Hokey Kokey but I’m sure you knew that already.”

“Ugh,” was the only word Pinkie managed. Twilight was taken rather aback. In all the time she knew Pinkie, she was never speechless.

“Mm. I thought you were more of a talker really. Ooh I love this song. I’ll be on the dance floor if you need me.”

When Hokey Kokey left for the dance floor, Twilight went to talk to Pinkie. “Pinkie, are you alright?”

“I, I don’t know Twilight. I really don’t. I’ve never known anyone to be that forward with me before.”

“Well it looks like you met your match,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Ah do find it weird that somepony can be as enthusiastic as you Pinkie,” said Applejack.

Pinkie was still rather left for words. “Um Pinkie,” asked Fluttershy. “are you OK?”

Pinkie now appeared to have just stopped. She didn’t blink. Her eyes didn’t move. Twilight wasn’t even sure she was breathing. Pinkie was staring out to the dance floor to where Hokey was dancing. He seemed so enthusiastic. So friendly. So...cute. Pinkie all of a sudden seemed to come back to life, startling her friends slightly. “What am I doing? It’s another pony to meet. Stand back girls, I’m heading to the dance floor.”

The 4 friends were relieved as Pinkie seemed to return to normal and the 4 went about their business. Hokey was pretty much hogging the dance floor to himself. Others had either taken a break from the dancing or were just staying away from the overly enthusiastic pony. Pinkie however, only seeing this as a challenge, stepped onto the dance floor and began dancing next to Hokey. “Oh hey, you’re finally dancing,” said Hokey.

“Yeah. I don’t understand why I was like that over there. I guess I was just a bit surprised about how friendly you were.”

“Yeah I get that a lot.”

Pinkie gasped. “No way me too. Some ponies say I’m way to forward, but I just want to make as many friends as possible.”

“Get out. Me as well. I always like parties. You can make so many friends at them and I heard that you threw some of the best parties ever.”

Pinkie was pleased. For the rest of night the two seemed inseparable. They drank what was left of the punch together. They played party games together. And they ate the food together. Pinkie was well known to eat a whole cake at once. Twilight remembered the incident with the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness cake. But Hokey was in a completely different class.

Night seemed to get later and later and later. Ponies were already beginning to go home. Somehow though, Pinkie and Hokey didn’t slow down. Soon though almost everypony had left except Pinkie’s friends. Fluttershy had actually fallen asleep, but Pinkie was still going. “We’re going to have to leave now,” said Rainbow Dash. “I’ve got weather patrol in the morning.

“Ah don’t want to seem rude,” said Applejack.

“Fluttershy’s fallen asleep,” protested Dash. As indeed she did.

“I think it is best if we did leave,” yawned Twilight. She went to speak to the still dancing Pinkie and Hokey. “Hey um, Pinkie.”

“Yeah Twilight.”

“It’s getting late so um, we’re just going to get home, preferably before Celestia brings up the sun.”

“OK then Twilight. I’ll just keep partying with Hokey.”

It was so great to meet you all,” said Hokey. He then went up to all of Pinkie friends and gave them a hug. Applejack and Twilight accepted it warmly. Fluttershy was thankfully woken up by the hug. Rainbow Dash was reluctant at first, but eventually gave in and gave Hokey a hug as well. “I wish we could have spent more time together but your friend Pinkie was so super-duper-ific that I had to spend more time with her. I hope you aren’t affected mentally that I didn’t spend more time. Maybe we should get together more to talk...”

“Its fine,” said Rainbow Dash. “I tell you one thing though, you talk even faster than Pinkie does.”

“Well, we’ll be seeing you tomorrow Pinkie,” said Twilight.

“Bye ya’ll,” said Applejack.

“Huh. Wha. Are we going? Oh. Goodnight Pinkie,” said a sleepy Fluttershy.

“See ya guys,” waved Pinkie as her other friends left. Her attention was then drawn to the still hyper Hokey. “So then Hokey,” she said nervously, “it um, looks like we’re the only ones left.”

“I suppose your right Pinkie. Doesn’t mean we still can’t party.”

“I dunno Hokey, I’m sort of tired.”

“How about a sleepover party then?”

“Ooh. A sleepover. That would be super mega terrific.” Then Pinkie blushed slightly. “Oh. I’ve um, never had a sleepover with a colt before. Well, not deliberately of course.”

“I know what you mean. So, shall we go to finish the cakes of in your room then.”

“Great idea.” Pinkie and Hokey gathered up what was left of the cakes and headed upstairs to Pinkie’s bedroom. They spent the next hour stuffing their faces with the cakes. Both of them told stories of old parties they had been to, and at each other’s jokes.

“Wow, that was really funny Pinkie. I can’t imagine me ever forgetting my own birthday party.”

“Yeah. I felt rather silly after all of that. But turning your towns lake into jello was just inspired.” Pinkie then took a bite out of a cupcake she had been holding. Some of the frosting had ended up on her nose. Hokey snorted with laughter. “Oh like, cake on your face then,” said Pinkie. She then threw the rest of the cupcake at Hokey’s face. Icing and pies of cake was all over his face.

He quickly proceeded to lick it all off in a similar method to Pinkie. Pinkie was now very fond of Hokey, and laughed when he licked the cake off. “You’ve still got cake on your nose,” said Hokey.

Pinkie blushed. “So I have.”

“Here let me get that for you.” Before Pinkie knew what was going on, Hokey came closer to her face and licked it of her nose. Pinkie’s face flushed with more colour and Hokey’s face did the same. Pinkie almost melted at the sensation. “Did you like that,” asked Hokey.

“Oh yes I did,” said Pinkie. “Let me return the favour.” Pinkie closed the gap between the two ponies faces and began to kiss Hokey. He in response, kissed back. Pinkie had kissed many a pony before. It was only natural when it came to some of her parties, but this one kiss, with this specific colt, felt better then all of her other kisses. Eventually after what felt like forever to the two of them, they broke apart.

“Shall we finish the sleepover,” said Hokey.

“Yes, let’s,” said Pinkie. Pinkie placed what was left of the cakes into Gummy’s food bowl, and the two ponies clambered into Pinkie’s bed. Pinkie lay on Hokey’s chest, snuggling in. “You’re like a big soft pillow,” she told him.

Hokey put his hoof round her and cuddled her. “And you’re like a big squidgy teddy bear,” he told her.

The two eventually fell asleep, just as Luna brought the moon down and Celestia brought the sun up. Another day was about to begin.