• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 3,364 Views, 76 Comments

Chrysalis's little Rush - Evowizard25



Chrysalis never knew what it was like to love and be loved, until now

  • ...
8
 76
 3,364

Meet the Black Knight

“Ooh-hoo!” Steven Magnet cried out in joy. “You are simply marvelous. Isn’t she just simply marvelous, miss Rove?”

Chrysalis grumbled several curses under breath as she turned around. The river serpent wouldn’t shut up. ‘Please Faust, if you can hear me. Smite him. Smite him hard and swiftly. Do it before I lose my sanity and perform the deed myself.’ The sight that they had implored her to see for the last several minutes was horrifying. The queen’s jaw went slack. For Sugar Rush, her little meal ticket, was standing in one hand of the serpent and her mane was done up in a similar fashion to the serpents.

“Aren’t I marvelous, mommy?” The filly said, trying to mimic the flamboyant serpent.

The queen was at a loss of words. Nothing she could think of could describe the amount of wrong that was shown before her. To illustrate this, she voiced her entire though process into one word. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!” Desperately pulling out the stops with her love reserve, she pooffed both the filly and a hairbrush in front of her. She then began brushing the filly’s mane back into her own straight, beautiful hairstyle. “My daughter is not going to be strutting around anywhere looking like that.”

The serpent harrumphed. “You obviously don’t know the first thing about fashion. She looked so marvelous in that style.”

Chrysalis growled. “I do not care. She’s my filly and she’ll do her mane the way I want it. Got it, you giant snake?”

Steven gasped in shock. “Snake?” He sniffled. “That is truly hurtful of you to say.”

“Mommy!” Sugar said. “He was just trying to make me look pretty. You don’t have to yell at him.”

Chrysalis sighed. Oh, how she did want to yell at him, but he was a being of this forest and knew his way around. “I know, sweetie. But you look pretty the way you are.” She nuzzled the filly, making her giggle. The queen wouldn’t admit this, even under threat of death, but Sugar’s laugh was music to her ears.

Steven Magnet brought his head down to them. “I am so sorry for trying to style her mane. It was wrong of me to do so without permission.”

Chrysalis nodded and then started walking. “Mommy? Aren’t you going to apologize for yelling?”

Chrysalis stopped in her tracks and groaned. Didn’t she already apologize once? Yes it was several days ago and to somepony who was now dead thanks to her, but still. “I am s-s-s-sor-r-y”

Steven smiled. “Apology accepted.” The flamboyant serpent swam on. “Come on. The bridge is not far from here.”

The queen of the changelings marched on. Secretly, she was hoping she didn’t have to apologize again. But she knew that was asking too much.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thankfully, the little trek to the bridge was quiet.

“HA! TAKE THAT!”

Well, almost quiet.

For the last few minutes, they heard the tell-tale sound of somepony in a scuffle. The sound of Timberwolves were heard loud and clear. Now Chrysalis, being the kind and beneficent ruler that she is, took her time and hoped that the wolves would take the carcass elsewhere.‘Tis Practical. I don’t know how many more meet-ups I can stand.’

Finally, they walked up a little hill and saw the battle unfold. A rather large, black armored Earth Pony stallion faced off against an equally rather large timberwolf. Chrysalis gauged the wolf and came to the conclusion that it probably was an old male. It probably lost some fight for dominance in the pack and driven off. The knight…She pondered about him. His armor covered his whole body and was of an old design. Something she hadn’t seen in over a thousand years. Nowadays, stallions wore armor that protected their sides, flanks, and heads. In pre-Celestial times, they were more intricate and left no part of the body exposed. A very large broadsword was held in one hoof. ‘Honestly, I never understood why they let those without magic hold weapons. It’s so impractical.’

The black knight dodged a swipe from the timberwolf’s paw. The timberwolf lunged, but was deterred by a swing of the knight’s sword. The wolf gave him some space. The three spectators watched the two killers circled one another, waiting for the other to make a move.

The knight stumbled. The wolf saw its chance and pounced. The knight rolled and swung his sword. It collided with the timberwolf’s lower jaw, right under the right hinge. The blade cut through the wood. The wolf fell onto its side. Chrysalis smirked.‘Clever.’

The knight, now on his hooves, charged. The wolf got back to his own paws, just narrowly missing the first swing, but catching the second on his shoulder blade. The wolf howled, or at least attempted with a broken jaw and all, in pain. It didn’t last long, for the knight swung his blade downwards, lopping off the wooden wolf’s head. The knight, now victorious, placed himself at the start of the bridge. Which was rather impressive, looking like it could allow two massive Ursa Minors to walk side by side across the expansive river.

“Quite the show off, isn’t he?” Steven said down to them.

Chrysalis nodded, rather pleased by the display. If there is one thing changeling females loved, it was strong and clever males. The queen looked back at her ‘daughter’ and smiled warmly. The poor little thing was hunkered down behind her, hiding. A youngling’s natural response to danger. “Don’t be afraid, sweetie. He’s not going to hurt you.”

“But the timberwolf…”

“Was a meanie pants,” Chrysalis cut her off. “So he had to kill it, or else that big bad wolf would go and gobble up somepony else. Now, are you going to be brave and walk with mommy over to the knight and say hello?” The filly nodded. “That’s my girl.”

“BRAVO!” Chrysalis called out as they trotted over to him. “Splendid form.” The stallion didn’t even turn his head to looked at them when they stopped just a hair’s breath away. “Where did you learn to fight like that?”

The black knight remained silent. Chrysalis huffed in annoyance. “Did you not hear me ask you a question? Where did you learn to fight like that?” Again, no response. The queen growled. No one ignored her. NO ONE!

“Don’t take it to heart, deary.” Steven said. “He doesn’t take well to good natured conversations.” The river serpent lowered his head next to the night. “Hello, mister knight of this bridge, it’s good to see you again. Might I say that your armor is as splendid as ever.”

“Still thy tongue serpent,” The knight growled. “Or I shalt carve it out.”

Steven pulled back and huffed. “See what I mean.”

Chrysalis walked right up to him. “He just needs some motivation.” ‘And every stallion is motivated by the exact same thing.’ She batted her eyes. “Why, hello there. Fancy meeting you out in these parts.” The knight was still silent. She trailed a hoof around his chest. “A big strapping stallion such as yourself must feel rather lonely out here.”

The changeling queen walked along his side, brushing against him. The cold metal felt soothing to the touch. “I could help with that.” Her voice but a whisper as she came to his other side. “I can make your fantasies come to life.” She breathed into his ear. “Just let me and my daughter through. You can have your way with the snake. I care not for him. Just let us pass.”

“None shall pass.” The knight spoke up at last.

Chrysalis recoiled. “What?”

“None shall pass.” The knight tilted his head to look at her.

Chrysalis growled. She’d been rejected. NO ONE REJECTED HER! SHE WAS THE SEXIEST THING ALIVE! “How dare you? Do you know who I am?”

“Thy question is of little importance, wench.” The knight responded. “Dost thou knowest who I am?”

“I care not, now let me pass.” Chrysalis scowled, walking until she was in front of the armored stallion. ‘Ripping out his throat may be a challenge with all that armor, but I’ll do my best.’

“I think thine ears workest naught,” The knight said. “Or thy brain ist damaged beyond repair. For I made mine intention as clear as the sky above thine head.”

Thanks to the clear and sunny day, and the gap of trees from around the river, the sun fell upon the face of fury that Chrysalis now adorned. “Let me pass!” She demanded.

“I shalt tell thou once more and I shalt be specific.” The knight put a hoof to his throat and cleared it. He then pointed it at Chrysalis. “YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!”

The force of the knight’s voice almost blew Chrysalis away. Once he was done, she rubbed her eyes and looked up. Her hair was all frazzled and pooffy. She growled. “Charming.” She sighed. “Look. I need to get by you. My home is on the other side and this bridge is the only way across.”

“Besides the serpent.”

Chrysalis nodded. “Beside the ser…” Her eyes went wide. She looked over to Steven.

“Uhhhh.” The serpent looked around nervously. “Nice weather we’re having.”

“YOU KNEW THIS?!!”

Steven cringed. “I am ever so sorry.” He whimpered. “It’s been so long that I’ve had company and this knight fellow forbade me to allow anyone to cross…”

“So, it comes back to you.” Chrysalis growled, feeling a tad increase in her already peaked anger levels. Which is impressive, since the queen was renowned for her anger levels. Well not so much renowned as her other…assets, but still.

“It does indeed, wench.” The knight responded.

Chrysalis’s right eye twitched.‘Okay, it is pony killing time.’ She lunged horn first at him. The black knight swiftly moved aside and used a foreleg to push her. The force behind the push sent her rolling across the ground. The queen rolled onto her hooves and faced her opponent. She lit her horn and prepared a disintegration spell. She charged once more.Say bye-bye to the living world, fool!’

The armored stallion stayed motionless. She thought him stupid, but all ponies were morons. Once she came within a two feet from him, her spell backlashed, sending her flying backwards. She landed with a loud ‘oomph’ onto the ground.

“Mommy!” Sugar Rush cried out. She rushed over to her ‘supposed mother’s’ side.

“Insolent wench.” The black knight said. “Mine armor is impervious to any and all such magical attacks. Thine efforts to best me have been fruitless.” The knight drew closer, with his blade in one hoof.

“Leave my mommy alone.” Sugar Rush said, getting in between him and Chrysalis.

“Step aside, whelp. Lest ye face the same fate as yonder wench.” The knight said.

“NO!” Steven cried out. “Don’t do this.”

“Stay to thy river dwelling, serpent.” The knight cast a glance to him, before to the filly. “I say again. Move aside.”

“No.” Sugar stood her ground. Chrysalis was impressed and actually heart warmed by the filly’s actions.‘Reminds me of…me….Okay, I’ve got to stop having these little heartwarming thoughts of her.’

“Very well.” The knight responded. “Since you will not move on yonder, then I shalt do away with thee.”

“Pretty please.” Sugar Rush pouted, tilting her to side, and stared up at him with her big cute eyes.

The black knight could not handle such an assault. His sword fell from his grasp and he clutched a hoof to his heart. “HNNNG!” And thus, the knight was defeated. “No more. Stop staring into my soul, you demonic being of cuteness. I cannot stand it.” Chrysalis smirked. ‘What a clever filly.’

“Then we can go over the bridge.”

The black knight nodded. “And through the woods to wherever you want to go.”

“YAY!” Sugar cried, hugging the black knight’s right foreleg. “Thank you, mister.”

“I am no mister,” The Black Knight told her. “I am the Black Knight. Slayer of countless foes and high commander of Nightmare Moon’s forces.”

“But wasn’t she defeated?” The filly asked.

“What?” The Black Knight said.

“Yep.” Chrysalis snickered. “Been that way for over a thousand years. Didn’t you get the message?”

The Black Knight was silent for a moment. “Then I have no purpose.”

{And no more reason to be speaking in archaic terms. Thank you god like writer abilities. :D}

“Yep.” Chrysalis brushed off some dust from her shoulder. “Sucks to be you.”

“Then I must go forth with you on your adventure.” The Black Knight said.

“What?” Chrysalis raised an eyebrow.

“Well, tis only natural that I accompany the only being who has ever bested me in battle.” He ruffled the filly’s mane.

“YAY! More friends.” Sugar Rush squealed.

Chrysalis facehooved.‘Why? Why me?’