• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 712 Views, 9 Comments

The Phantom of Lulamoon - mocandragon5



When Trixie begins to hear a voice comfort her in the time her shows are not faring well, she starts to go into other forms of entertainment, with her 'angel's' voice.

  • ...
1
 9
 712

The First Meeting

A slight dampness hung in the night air as crickets chirped and ponies were leaving a small stage set up by the one and only Trixie Lulamoon. Trixie gritted her teeth before walking off towards her trailer. "Those ponies don't deserve the Great and Powerful Trixie's shows" she muttered to herself as she reached the door to her trailer. Opening it slowly, Trixie walked inside. "Trixie doesn't get it. Why do they not watch in amazement? Why do they boo and hiss?" She asked herself as she took off her hat and cape. "Trixie has half a mind to just give up".

Trixie sighed to herself as she headed towards her bed, before she stopped herself as a few candles in the trailer suddenly went out. Trixie lit up her horn to re-light the candles but they went out immediately. "Hello? Is anypony here?" Trixie asked.

"Trixie Lulamoon" A deep voice said from somewhere in the trailer. "I must say you are a good performer."

"Who are you? Where are you?" Trixie asked the mysterious voice.

"Who am I? Well, Miss Lulamoon, you may call me what you wish. I am here to help you" The voice said. It was soft and soothing, causing Trixie to trust whomever it was, for whatever reason.

"How can you help the Great and Powerful Trixie? She needs no help!" Trixie said, her voice shaking slightly. Why is Trixie so worried? She thought to herself/

"You don't need help? Well, Miss Lulamoon. How would you explain the many crowds you have gathered recently?" The voice asked.

"You know about that?" Trixie asked, looking out of one of the trailer's windows.

"Why of course. Why would I not watch a beautiful mare such as yourself, with a voice such as yours to back it up?" The voice asked.

What the voice had said caught Trixie off guard, causing a small blush across her face, before Trixie realised what was happening and forced it off her face. "You think Trixie is beautiful?"

"Yes, yes of course. Back to the matter at hoof here. Have you thought of going into another form of entertainment?" The voice asked.

"Another form of entertainment? Show magic is Trixie's talent!" Trixie said.

"With a voice as beautiful as yours, have you ever thought of singing?" The voice asked.

"Singing?" Trixie asked. "No. Trixie has not thought of singing."

"Well then. Would the Great and Powerful Trixie like some lessons?" The voice asked.

Trixie thought for a moment. "Trixie has a question. Do you have any experience with singing?"

The voice laughed slightly. "Experience? Oh, ye of little faith"

Trixie smiled slightly. "Sing for Trixie"

"Why of course" The voice said, the sound of which made it obvious that the owner of the voice was smiling.

The voice began to sing a small piece of a song Trixie had never heard before, a beautiful melody playing out through the room, played on what sounded to be a violin. Trixie became lost in the words as the flowed beautifully along with the music. It faded out at the end of what was probably the first chorus, though, as Trixie had never heard it herself, she could not be quite sure.

"And that is all you shall hear for now" The voice spoke after finishing the song.

"That was beautiful" Trixie said, feeling slightly light-headed but deciding not to worry about it.

"Does that prove it to you then, miss Great and Powerful?" The voice asked.

"Yes. It does." Trixie smiled slightly.

"Well then. I am sure we shall meet up tomorrow. I have a suggestion for you, if you wish to be a student of mine" The voice stated.

"What is it?" Trixie asked, curious.

"Head towards Canterlot. I hear the Grand Galloping Gala is coming soon. And I have my ways of getting you as the entertainment for the night. Test out that voice of yours in front of an audience" The voice said "Plus, I know Twilight and her friends will be there. Maybe give them a treat for how they helped with the alicorn amulet?"

"Trixie supposes so" Trixie said "And Trixie is not even going to ask you how you know of that. You do not sound like a pony from Ponyville"

"Why, Trixie. You must begin to realise that I have ways of finding out anything I need." The voice said.

"So, will you be going? Trixie still finds it a bit strange to have a voice which Trixie does not know the source of to be heard inside her trailer."

"Of course, miss Trixie. However, before I leave, I have a little something for you. You will find it on the table next to the door. Though for now, I suppose I will be gone. Farewell" The voice sad

"Farewell" Trixie replied before looking for the gift. Upon looking where the voice had said it would be, she found a small box with a ribbon tied around it. Upon opening the box, Trixie saw a golden necklace, with some sort of crystal on it. The way it shone in the light of the now strangely re-lit candles was absolutely beautiful, almost glowing with a faint purple aura surrounding it. It was quite a necklace too. Almost definitely puregold by the looks of it, however, the hallmark seemed strange to her. Despite this, she placed it around her neck and it fit perfectly and, without Trixie noticing, the crystal shaped itself to become the mare's cutie mark.

"I wonder where he could have found such a necklace. Trixie has never seen anything like it before" Trixie said, examining the necklace again.

Trixie sighed, removing her necklace and placing it back inside of the small box, placing it next to her bed. She then proceeded to get into her bed, extinguish the candles with her magic and drift off to sleep, thinking about her visitor that night.