• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 712 Views, 9 Comments

The Phantom of Lulamoon - mocandragon5



When Trixie begins to hear a voice comfort her in the time her shows are not faring well, she starts to go into other forms of entertainment, with her 'angel's' voice.

  • ...
1
 9
 712

Almost to Canterlot / The Debut

Author's Note:

A slightly shorter one, sorry about that.

A mere few days had passed since the entertainer known as Trixie Lulamoon had come across somepony who had been talking to her without showing himself, however, during this time, not much had truly happened. Trixie had started taking lessons from the stranger and they became the closest two ponies could be to becoming friends when one never sees the other, which was closer than many may think. Through this, wanting to know what to call her teacher, she jokingly referred to him as her 'angel of music', though, despite being a joke, the name had stuck.

When they neared Canterlot, Trixie stopped once again as from here on out, she would be taking the train to Canterlot as it would be faster, where her phantom friend had managed to book her a singing performance to see how the public would react.

"Are you sure about this?" Trixie asked, slightly worried as she was getting ready to head into the venue, which, for whatever reason was Ponyville.

"Is Trixie not feeling so great and powerful?" The Angel of music asked in a fake-mocking voice.

"Of course Trixie is. She is just wondering if other ponies will like her singing" Trixie replied with a confident tone. "Why is Trixie even asking? Of course they will!"

"That's the Trixie I know" The Angel said in a triumphant tone before going back to his normal, soothing voice. "It's almost time Trixie. Though, just know, if they start throwing things, just keep singing. I'll stop them"

"Trixie thanks you" Trixie replied before quickly walking out of the trailer and towards the centre of Ponyville where there was a stage, slightly smaller than the one she had used when she first came to Ponyville.

A few minutes later,when Trixie had finished setting up what was on the stage, ponies started to form a crowd and a few of the ponies in the crowd reacted rather unhappily at seeing Trixie up on the stage.

Ignoring the angry shouts from the audience, Trixie prepared to start singing once the music kicked in. Just before she did, however, she spotted something, shadow-like in appearance, moving through the crowd. Ignoring this, she began to sing, her voice had improved immensely since she had started practicing, though it was not quite perfect, not far from it at the same time.

The crowd soon began to become silent as Trixie continued singing, her voice had become much softer and gentler, though still retaining her original tone.

It was all going well. Trixie was approximately half-way through the song when a certain voice started singing a duet with her. However, it was not just a voice, for a stallion, his coat grey and his mane black, as if it was a mere pencil sketch, appeared, dressed so that only a small part of his body was uncovered and that his face was covered as well, however, Trixie was certain this was her angel of music singing with her, for who else could have such a voice. This caught Trixie off guard, making her lose her place in the song. Trying to find her place again, it took a moment for Trixie to start singing once more.

When the song neared it's end, Trixie's angel walked off stage and seemed to vanish into thin air and, upon completion of the song, Trixie bowed, to which the crowd reacted with cheers, chanting and a few tears shed, a few going to extreme measures to show their support, after which Trixie went to try to find the stallion whom had just joined her on the stage, to no avail, of course.

Trixie ran back to her trailer to gather her belongings for the train ride to Canterlot. She was going to be at the castle for nightfall, her phantom friend having said he would go a faster way to make sure she had a place she could stay. Realising how long she had stayed in this trailer made Trixie slightly sentimental, though she would only be leaving for a matter of days. Taking her belongings with her, she headed for the train station.