• Published 16th Dec 2014
  • 326 Views, 3 Comments

2 Stallions, 1 Mare - SithOfMage



Creampuff, SodaPop, and Novel are secretly dating each other behind the other's backs. However, it's only a matter of time before that secret is revealed. What will become of them once they found out? How will they react?

  • ...
 3
 326

Chapter 3: Memories

“It-It wasn’t a date.” She keeps telling herself. Creampuff had arranged to meet her boyfriend, Novel, at the Cocoa Bean on Saturday. She entered the small coffee shop, and found that Novel had been waiting for her. She sat next to him at the petite table.

“Hey.” Novel greeted her dully.

And she replied “Hey.”

The atmosphere was quiet, aside from the bit of jazz music playing in the background. The barista pony brewed coffee with reticence.

“How’s the book coming along?” Creampuff asked.

“Writers block.” Novel said, emotionless. Any hope of further conversation seemed severed.

The two sat there awkwardly, while Novel drank his cocoa. Creampuff nudges Novel’s hoof, but he shrugs it off. Unsure of what to do next, she swiftly kisses him on the cheek. He’s shocked by this pitiful act of affection. Now, having captured Novel’s attention, Creampuff asks “Why are you so sad?”

Novel’s hesitant to answer. He bites down on his tongue, flips through his thoughts like pages. He rests his head on Creampuff’s shoulder and sighs, “I-I don’t know.” He says, “I don’t know how to say it.” Tears began to roll down his cheeks.

“There, there.” Creampuff consoles him. She can only imagine what he could have gone through to end up like this.

He sniffled, “I watched… so many of my friends… die.” His face was wet with tears as he began to list off names, “IsaacSpires, Dewdrop, CrushRock, Davideth, BlueNugget, SpellCaster…” As Novel continued to list off names, his voice fell quieter and quieter until he just stopped… Creampuff stroked Novels mane as he took deep breaths. Then, he spoke in a trembling voice, “MagTremor… he had saved me, countless times. And when he needed me most…” Novel fell silent, unable to continue.

Creampuff sighs, “Novel… just forget about the past and look forward to the future.” Novel looked up at her.
“You should focus on your friends you have right now, on the ponies that are living. It’s okay to mourn the loss of your comrades, but now’s not the time for that.” Creampuff’s words rang in Novel’s ears like the voice of an angel.

He sniffled, “You’re right. You’re absolutely right.” He said unenthusiastically.

“Good.” Creampuff smiled, she kissed him softly. For once, he began to smile, breaking through the seal on his emotions. The two nuzzled up against each other in happiness.

The door suddenly flew open, “Hey everypony, sorry I’m late!” SodaPop said excitedly. However, he gasped when he noticed his boyfriend, Novel, with his girlfriend, Creampuff.