• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 1,356 Views, 14 Comments

Life In Equestria - Minecraftzero1



A man lives a new life in Equestria, but what will happen in his new life?

  • ...
6
 14
 1,356

Chapter 3 "Hanging With Rainbow"

So now I was completely transformed. I was now a pony, my mane was like Rainbows, messy and spikey but my tail resembled twilights, straight and orderly, the two conflicting styles somehow complimented each other. The hair was a dark blue but had lighter streaks, the majority of which matched the colour of my coat, an electric cyan. I was assessing these points as I heard a knocking a the door, it was Rainbow and she wanted to speak to me.
"Hey whats up Ja.. um.... what happened?" She stuttered, obviously staring at my horn and wings
"I guess my transformation is complete." I replied
"But you have a horn and wings… you’re an alicorn??"
"And?" I said dismissively, acting as though it wasn’t a big deal hoping she would follow my example.
"Ah nevermind, anyway wanna hang out?"
"Sure." I said, lifting myself into the air to hover by her side "So what are we going to do?"
"Hmmm... Well.....” She mumbled, musing the possibilities “Wanna go prank?"
"Sure"
"Go get that storm cloud over there"
I nodded quickly before flying over to the cloud and giving it to her,
"So you’re using this for…?" I queried, the puzzlement written over my face as I considered the implications of giving a renowned prankster a storm cloud.
"You'll see, now follow me” was her only reply before flying in the opposite direction. We flew for a minute before we reached our destination, Sugar Cube Corner.
"Ok watch this Jake” Rainbow said, not looking up from her target “I’m going to call for Pinkie Pie and then when she’s outside I’m gonna hit the cloud and causing it to strike lighting and scare her." She looked proud of herself, and I was impressed, laughing quietly as I complimented her.
"PINKIE PIE!" Rainbow yelled
The pink party mare took only seconds to bounce outside, looking for the source of the sound. As Rainbow spotted her target she bucked the cloud hard, inciting a shock or electricity to strike the ground and a growl of thunder to roll through the air. The mare on the ground screamed as the two of us rolled in the air, laughing at the successful prank. It was only seconds before Pinkie assessed the situation and joined in with the laughter.
"Who you with?" Pinkie asked
"Im with Jake." Rainbow Answered
"Wait Jakes a alicorn!?!?!" she squeaked, almost hopping with excitement
"Yup." I said, my smug grin evident in my tone.
"Wow you’re so lucky!" Pinkie said
That word, ‘lucky’. Something I never knew on earth, I never had the good fortune.
"Hey Pinkie Me and Jake are gonna go." Rainbow said, already moving in the other direction.
"Bye Rainbow, Bye Jake." Pinkie Pie said, bouncing back into the cake shop as we flew off, unable to race each other to the cyan mares’ house.
"Wow…” I said “nice house”, her reply being a brief "Thanks"
"Who are these." I pointed at a Wonderbolts poster, genuinely forgetting who they were.
"Only the greatest fliers of Equestria, I got the poster signed by all of the Wonderbolts when I was a filly”, her tone betraying her obvious excitement.
"Wow they seem pretty awesome."
"Pretty awesome? Talk about AMAZING!"
"Well I wouldn’t know I’ve never seen them."
"I am going to have to take you to one of their performances next time."
"Ok then that actually sounds pretty amazing to see them."
"It is they do all sorts of tricks, I’ve been trying to get into their group for like ever."
"What kind of tricks?"
"All sorts of tricks, I’ve tried to show my tricks to them but haven’t had the chance." She said quietly, the emotions caused by this sad revelation written on her face.
"Well I think you could get in to that group if you try and just don’t give up, I believe you are a good flier too. And does it matter if a few famous ponies know how good you are, it matters to you."
"Yeah you are right on that one."
"But don’t give up you'll get into their group someday, just takes time and motivation."
"Wow Jake you taught me a valuable lesson."
"And that is?"
"If you want something don’t give up you can accomplish anything with time and motivation"
"That is a great lesson to be learned."
"Not only time and motivation though is what I learned, I also learned it isn’t how other people think of what I do it all matters to me is how I think I do, if I want a few famous ponies seeing how good I am and to let me in a group that doesn’t matter it all matters how I think of myself."
"I guess you learned two valuable lessons in one day."
"Thanks to you Jake you’re really cool."
It was at the moment that I realised how much I liked Rainbow, not because of how or what we talked about, because we had been able to spend time alone, the solitude seemed awkward at first but it wasn’t long before we because accustomed to each other’s company. I refused to acknowledge these feelings however, but no matter how hard I tried to suppress it I couldn’t stop thinking about her for more than a matter of moments.
"So Jake what you wanna do now” she said, disturbing my train of thought “I gave you the tour of my house what else do you wanna do… I honestly don’t have anything else interesting to do."
"Hmmm let me see maybe we can go do a couple of races?"
"Nah something else, but what?"
"Wait you still haven’t showed me around Cloudsdale, how about doing that?"
"Sure, Follow me." She said, flying into the blue expanse of the sky towards the floating city, me following close behind.
We arrived at the first stop,
"Here take a lab coat." She said, motioning towards a wall covered in the scientific attire.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The tour lasted about two hours, along which I learnt about the production of clouds, rainbows snowflakes and many other weather functions. “This is all so cool” I said to Rainbow afterwards.
"Yeah it is real cool on how things go around Cloudsdale."
"I know I love how everything works in Equestria, took some time to get used to but it’s awesome."
The cyan mare nodded, yawning. “Jeez, I’m tired, I’m gonna go sleep, I’ll see ya later Jake."
"Yeah me too” I replied, noticing how tired I had become during the course of the day “see you tomorrow Rainbow."
I took to the sky once more, my heavy wings pushing the air as I flew back to the tree which housed the town library. The purple pony within was asleep on the floor, a half read book laying by her side. I peered over her, curious as to what she had been reading. It was a heavy tome about magic. She was probably trying to find that page again I concluded, lifting the book to look through it myself, turning to pages regarding basic magic, and after reading a spell and practicing it, I levitated the librarian to her bed.