• Published 16th Dec 2014
  • 1,650 Views, 31 Comments

Mother 2.5 - The Infinity Doctor



A little boy, wandering alone in the woods, trods along a packed, dirt path. The world is safe- but a whole new adventure awaits our protagonist.

  • ...
3
 31
 1,650

Chapter 1

Fluttershy trotted through her backyard, carefully filling the numerous bird feeders that lined the back of the fence with precious bird seed. She set the bag down as she approached the first feeder, tearing the top of the bag off. She grunted quietly, her wings flapping as she tipped the bag into the top of the glass feeder. A loud commotion suddenly made itself known, emanating from the far corner of the yard. Quickly setting the heavy, burlap bag down, she made her way over to the source of the commotion. One of her animal friends, Mister Hummingbird, was angrily circling a bird she'd never met before. The assumed object of Mister Hummingbird's anger was a large, black crow, wearing a rather cute purple bowtie, and a pair of small sunglasses, rounding sharply at the outside corners. The sunglasses bounced on it's beak as it squawked harshly back at Mister Hummingbird.

"Oh my goodness," Fluttershy said softly to herself, then addressed the two avians "what in Equestria are you two fighting about?"

Mister Hummingbird chirped, pointing an accusing wingtip at the crow, whom was preening itself as if Mister Hummingbird and herself weren't there. Fluttershy studied the crow for a moment, finding it peculiar that the crow was dressed like it was, and the fact that it wore clothes at all.

"Um...Mister Crow?" the pegasus mare asked timidly.

The crow nonchalantly stopped preening itself, and looked down upon her from its perch on the fence picket.

"Um...I just wanted to know...what are you and Mister Hummingbird fighting about?" she asked gently.

Another harsh caw from the crow, and it turned, flying off in the vague direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Oh...um...I guess that solved itself..." Fluttershy stated, blinking.

The timid mare then turned to her hummingbird friend, watching him take up the spot previously occupied by the mysterious crow. Shaking her head, she admonished her animal friend, then returned to filling her bird-feeders.


Ness plodded along the dirt path, its packed state giving him the impression that it was a road well-traveled. Boredly swinging his old tee-ball bat as he kicked up dust from the path, he idly wondered just what part of Eagleland he was in. Sure he'd seen almost everything there was to see, and granted he didn't see much in the way of landmarks, which might've been a bit helpful in finding out where he was. Checking the many maps he had, neatly folded in his backpack, certainly didn't help matters either. Based on what he'd seen, there was nowhere like this on any map he had- and he should like to think he knew every inch of them, seeing as he'd checked them three times over in the last hour. Adjusting the cap on his head, he twisted it so the bill shielded his eyes from the blazing sun high above. He sighed to himself as he stopped, slipping off his backpack. Undoing the zipper, he pulled out the receiver he'd gotten from the Apple Kid back in Twoson, momentarily checking it, just to be sure he hadn't received any calls. The boy knew full well he you could hear the thing from a mile away when it rang, and though the device was a bit muffled when stuffed into his backpack, the unique sound was still able to be heard. Sighing to himself, he shoved the receiver back into his backpack, and slung it over his shoulder. He began walking once more, wriggling his other arm through other the strap as he plucked his bat off the ground. Glancing around, he noticed nothing but a thick grove of trees that appeared to go on for miles to the right of him, and the grass and dirt beneath the soles of his Converse. He watched for any sign of movement in the trees, and continually glanced behind him, keeping an eye out for any rabid dogs, or maybe one of those annoying crows. Thankfully, nothing had presented itself...yet...


Button Mash wrinkled his muzzle as he just narrowly avoided being vaporized. Tilting the joystick, he rolled, collecting two greens and a Zap Apple. His health meter refilled a bit as the character on-screen jumped on a Trooper, ejecting it from its shell. The Trooper's sprite flew across the screen, falling into a deep pit to the left of his character. A Big Trooper suddenly dropped from the top of the screen. It let loose a pixelated roar, before it charged towards his character. Button repeatedly bashed the secondary button next to the joystick, attempting to double jump over the giant, tortoise-like creature. His character almost sailed over the Big Trooper's head, but not before a single claw rose and prevented the maneuver, forcing Button's character to be tossed into the pit like a ragdoll.

"NOOO!" Button moaned "Four hours! Down the dra-ai-ain!"

Sniffling as he rubbed his snout, Button hopped off the bench placed before the console. Trotting into the open street, the buzz and hum of the many arcade consoles filled the air as Button passed them. He stopped suddenly, staring at two strange creatures standing at the Mare-io Sisters machine. A strange-looking baseball bat was leaning against the side of the console, along with a red-and-white-striped hoopty-hoop. The two creatures were dressed oddly, one all in purple, the other all in green. Dorsal fins sprouted from the tops of their heads, and both of them possessed flight goggles, each pair wrapped around their round heads.

'Whoa...' Button reeled, awestruck '...you don't see that everyday...'

As Button approached, he 'accidentally' overheard the conversation the two were having.

"Don't do that!" Green shouted to Purple, whom was fiddling with the joystick "You're gonna-"

The machine played a tune, indicating a game over.

"I told you!" Green said, muscling Purple out of the way "Lemme try! I bet I can get a better score than you!"

"Thing's busted," Purple sneered, showing its white teeth "doesn't matter if you're better'n me."

'Hay-for-brains,' Button thought, passing the two 'who can't figure out a simple arcade machine?'

"Hey! Pony-thing!" came the voice of Purple.

Button turned, turning to find Purple pointing at him, while Green still managed to somehow get a game over once more.

"M-Me?" Button asked, glancing around to make sure it was him they were talking to.

"Yeah! You know this thing don't work? Why doesn't somebody come and fix it?"

"It's not broken." Button stated, meekly approaching the arcade machine.

"May I?" he asked Green.

Green raised his hands, in a defensive gesture, as it stepped away from the machine.

"Hey, if you can get it to work, more power to ya."

Button stepped up to the seat before the machine. Hopping onto it, he removed a bit from beneath his hat, which he kept there just in case of an emergency. Popping the gold coin into the slot on the front of the console, Button gripped the joystick with his left hoof as his right positioned itself over the primary button. In his element, the 'Level 1' screen booted up, and then the real fun began.