• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 1,274 Views, 32 Comments

Adrenaline - I-couldnt-think-of-anything-clever



A story about me, an accident, and a journey that no one ever expected to happen.

  • ...
5
 32
 1,274

Settling in

As I left the house, I realized how tedious it was to get to town, so I decided to grab my bike quickly. It felt good to be riding it again. It was always a way to relieve stress for me. It was relaxing, and overall enjoyable. I raced passed Sweet Apple Acres and waved to the Apple family as I passed by, who were all busy at work. I decided to pick up the pace to test how far I could push my leg, it was still sore, but bearable. I managed to sustain a decent pace and was in Ponyville in record time. I dismounted the bike and started to wander through town aimlessly, hoping to find a place that could employ me. After a fruitless wander, I decided to take a seat on a bench to plan out my next move. As I was sitting, a clumsy winged girl with blonde hair flew by with a mailbag, almost hitting a few pedestrians. Well that was random… I thought as I decided to continue my search until lunchtime, then if I couldn’t find anything, I would ask for help. I toured around the town for a few minutes, toting my bike with me, until I heard a familiar techno beat. I followed it into an area of town I had yet to discover. As I neared the source of the music, I entered a building that I could only guess was a music store, and sitting at the counter was the dj from last night. She looked up from behind the counter and her eyes lit up a bit, at least I think, she was still wearing her purple goggles, and a tank top compared to the t-shirt she had yesterday, but she did jump a little.

“Ayyy, it’s the new kid”

“Well if you put it like that I feel like I’m back in school”

“Haha, alright, I gotcha, what brings you here?”

“What doesn’t? I could hear the music from across town”
“Shoot, you heard that??, I could have sworn I had my headphones plugged in” She follows the cord to see that it was indeed unplugged.

“Damnit, well it happens, I would be lying if I said that this was the first time this has happened.”

“Haha, smooth.”

“Yea, yea, laugh it up. Well, since you’re here, is there anything I can help you with, since you’re new to town and all.”

“Actually, you might be able to, I’m looking for a job at the moment, and my search has been, well, less than accomplishing.”

“Well why didn’t you say that sooner, we could use another hand around here”

“Alright, wait, we?”

“Yea, my business partner and I run this place, but we’re kinda opposites, so it’ll be good to have a buffer zone”

“If you say so, where is she anyway?”

“She left for lunch about 20 minutes ago, should be back any second now” Just as she finished the sentence, another person walked into the store, she had long, thick black hair. She wore a white blouse, a pink bowtie, long black dress pants and heels. She spoke first.

“Hey Vinyl, who’s this?”

“This is Allen, the new kid who the party was for last night”

“So it is, what can we help you with.”

“He’s here for a job”

“Really, well this is a music store, what do you know about music?”

I finally got to speak up.

“Well, I know Vinyl here is a techno/rave music expert, and from the looks of you, I can tell you are more of classical, I myself an a metal head, along with scattered other genres.”

“Hm, not bad, well I don’t see why we can’t give you a shot, seeing that you’re new and all”

“Thanks, I won’t disappoint”

“I don’t doubt that, can you show us some of your music?”

“Well I don’t play any instruments” I pull out my Ipod “But here is what I listen to”

They looked over my shoulder as I skimmed through the playlist and summarized the bands, as well as showing small demos of each one. It took some time, but when I was done, they gave each other an understanding glance, and nodded. Then Vinyl walked up to me, patted me on the back and said.

“Welcome aboard, when can you start?”

“Immediately” I responded.

“Good attitude, you can start your first shift tomorrow morning at 9, how’s that sounds?”

“Perfect, thanks a lot”

“No problem, now get outta here for now, we’ll see you tomorrow”

I thanked them again and shook their hands, and walked out. I grabbed my bike and walked at a bit faster pace than before, I got a bit of an energy boost and decided to tour a bit more around town. Unfortunately, I was reminded about my leg wound after bumping into a solid chair and having to hold in a plethora of profanities. But I suddenly got an idea. I hobbled down to the library as fast as I could. I knocked on the door only to be answered by a kid who looked about 10-13 years old. He had a purple and green striped shirt, green hair, jean shorts, and eyes like a serpent. I gave him a questioning look.

“You’re not Twilight”

“What gave it away?”

“Sarcastic one huh? Who are you anyway?”

“I’m Spike, Twi’s assistant, her #1 assistant at that.”

“Ok, Spike, would you know where Twilight is then?”

“Yea, she’s upstairs, come on in, I’ll get her for ya”

He walked me in and I took the same seat as the last time I was here. Spike ran up the staircase and knocked on the door, I heard some mumbling, and he came back down.

“She’s busy with an experiment or something, she’ll be down in a few minutes”

“Alright, sounds good”

“Who are you anyway, are you new in town or something?”

“Oh yea, that’s right, I’m Allen, and yes, I’m new in town, came in just yesterday”

“Oh that was your party yesterday?”

“Yep”

Darn, I would have been there, but Twi had me cleaning this place up”

“Aw, don’t worry, next time, Ill make sure you’re there”

“Thanks” His eyes lit up as if he looked up to me as a role model. At that second, Twi’s door swung open and she can down the stairs.

“Hey Allen, to what do I owe the visit?”

“Well, I was just wondering if you could do me a small favor”

“If you tell me, I’ll see what I can do”

“Since you’re real big on magic and whatnot, I was wondering if you could use a spell or something to heal my leg, I can deal with a injured arm, but I would like to get my leg better as soon as possible”

“Hm, well, medical magic, is still being experimented, but I could give it a shot”

Spike jumped in.

“Yea, she’s not the princesses personal student for no reason you know”

My jaw dropped.

“PRINCESS’ PERSONAL STUDENT??”

“Hehe, yea, moving on then, can you please remove your bandage”

She magic’d a book down from a high shelf while I took off the wrap. She read for a few seconds and then looked up to observe the wound.

“Wow, how have you been walking around with that?”

“I guess I could say I’ve built up a tolerance to pain”

“Interesting”

“Yea, so can you do anything about it?”

“Ill try my best”

After she said that, she began to position herself and I cringed a bit due to not knowing what’s about to happen or how it will feel. She soon began to glow purple around her horn and hands. There was a bright flash of light, and I could only guess I passed out because when I opened my eyes I was being violently shook by Twi.

“I’m awake, I’m awake, geez, what happened? What time is it”

“About dinner, and look for yourself”

I checked my leg, and to my delight, there was not a scratch on it.

“Wow, that’s amazing”

“You’re telling me, I have to write to Celestia about this, and I should probably tell her about you too”

“Huh, why?”

“Being a immigrated citizen of Equestria, you’re gonna have to fill out paperwork to become a full citizen.”

“*sigh* Alright, if I must”

“She will also want to know how you got here from your world, so Ill schedule a meeting, either here, or in the palace”

“Wow, alright, sounds good”

“Is everything ok?”

“Yea, I just never thought I would get to meet royalty in my lifetime”

“Well you already have”

"Huh?"

"Remember Luna, at the party?"

"Oh yea"

"You'll just be meeting her older sister"

“Am I gonna have to be presentable? I don't have the clothing for that”

“Haha, don’t worry, she will make it a casual visit, Ill make sure of it”

“Sounds good to me, oh, I managed to find a job in town at the music store”

“Congrats! And good luck”

“Thanks, I’m gonna head back to Fluttershy’s place so I can eat and get ready for my meeting”

“Ill come with you, I wanted to talk to her about some of her herbal remedies”

“Alright, lets go then”

We gathered our things that we needed and headed to Fluttershy’s cottage.

____________________________

Authors note:

The ending was a little rushed, so I will fix any issues asap, please rate and comment, and thank you for reading :D.