• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 3,650 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Pony: A Giant in Equestria - Abyssal Angel



Not your usual HiE story. The show is known as My LITTLE Pony right? So how would a human do in Equestria if we took that to it's logical conclusion?

  • ...
4
 30
 3,650

Chapter 1

A tickling feeling on my nose caused me to snort in my sleep. Something going up my nose had me jolting up right, trying to sneeze whatever it was out. That took all of a few seconds, but my brain is still playing catch up at the sight all around me. As I stared around in shock, one thought echoed in my mind.
Well this certainly isn’t my bedroom.

Indeed, unless my bedroom has suddenly turned itself into the outdoors on a small scale. All around me rising up to the middle of my torso are trees. Lots and lots of trees. I’d heard of Bonsai trees, but this almost looks like a wild bonsai forest! It looks weird too. It’s all tangly and stickers are grabbing at my clothes as I stand up.

Now there’s another oddity. I’m wearing clothes. That wasn’t the case when I went to bed in my apartment last night. Now there’s a thought. Perhaps this is a dream? I’ve never had a dream where I’m a giant out in the middle of nowhere before.
I brushed off the plants tangled and sticking to my jeans and off my back. At least my jeans and shoes are mine. I don’t even own any plain black T-shirts!
Looking around once more, hoping I’m not alone out here, I sighed as I didn’t see anyone.

“Hello?” I called out, hoping someone would answer. Unfortunately no one did.

There is a mountain in the distance. Oddly enough there looks to be some kind of building on its side but I can’t make out any details from this distance. Even from here though I can tell it’s in miniature just like the trees around my feet that are brushing against my knees. Ah well. Civilization is civilization. Let’s just hope I can find someone who can tell me where I am.

Taking my first step was actually a bit difficult. Seems the forest I’m in is a bit more grabby than I thought. Stupid vines are tangled around my feet. Thankfully it only takes a little effort to rip my foot out of the mess. Hopefully if I keep moving and don’t hold still for long, this weird creepy looking bonsai forest won’t be able to grab me again.

It takes me somewhere in the realm of twenty minutes of walking before I finally spot the edge of this forest. Twenty minutes of holding back curses at the stupid trees that almost seem to be deliberately trying to trip me up. It almost felt at one point like something tried to bite my ankles, and I automatically reacted by shaking my foot vigorously. When I bent down to brush any remnants of the thing biting me off my foot, all I found were a scattered pile of twigs, bark, and tiny leaves. I just shrugged and continued on at that point.

Now, with the edge in sight, I sped up so I could finally be out of this stupid forest. The trees are starting to thin out and be less grabby here. I thought I spotted a miniature ruined castle in the distance to my left, but at this point I’m far more interested in getting out of this forest than examining any curiosity while I’m still in it.

As I’m getting close to the border of the trees, I spot something that nearly makes me skid to a stop. A ways in front of me, the bonsai forest from hell gives way to neat rows of miniature apple trees. The grove is pretty large even from my perspective. I can just make out a red barn over the tops of them.
I glanced up to check the time. It was just barely risen when I’d woken up this morning deep in the forest. It’s only a small ways higher at this point, so it hasn’t taken too long to get to this point.

Stepping out of the forest and into the clearing between the rows of apple trees was something of a relief. I took a moment to rest and enjoy the feeling of not having plants actively trying to wind around my ankles or seemingly moving directly in my way to make me fall over.
Despite being out of the forest, there’s still no one around. I headed over to the barn since it’s closer than the mountain. Since I’m a giant, I kind of expected to see little tiny people the size of Barbie dolls there, but no such luck.

Thankfully my examination of the place does reveal a dirt road away from the barn and goes out a quaint white gate with a wooden board hanging over that depicts a carved out relief of an apple. Whoever owns this place must really take their apples seriously if they felt the need to put it on a sign. It’s not like anyone wouldn’t be able to tell this is an apple farm from the apple trees after all.
Stepping onto the road, I decide to follow it and see where it goes. From here I can see it twist over a few hills and I can see what might be some roofs over the hills. Beyond that is that mountain with what I can tell is a castle at this point. I’ve no idea how it hasn’t slid off since it appears to literally be stuck to the side of the mountain.

Following the road along the border of the apple farm until it split off, I make my way towards the settlement. I can hear sounds from that direction now that sound like some kind of celebration. Perhaps that’s why the farm was empty? Everyone must be at that celebration. Here’s hoping they won’t mind a giant showing up.

Finally I can see the houses close up. They’re all thatched roofs and look like cottages. There’s even a windmill and an old fashioned clock tower and another barn. Seems I’ve stumbled upon an honest to goodness village.

Carefully stepping around the buildings, I follow the sound of a party towards the center of the village where a building towerrs over the rest of the houses by a few floors, and has plenty of wrap around balconies and has a point on the top. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that’s the town hall.
Finally I get close enough to the celebration to see, and stop short, barely stopping myself from openly gaping.

Ponies. Tiny little ponies the size of my hand rather than the Barbie dolls I was expecting. They look like an example of a pastel rainbow.

This has now graduated from strange to weirdest dream ever.