• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 859 Views, 49 Comments

Octavius - Master Koschei



Octavius is town hopping, trying to find a permanent gig. He meets Vinyl Scratch. What'll Happen when uptight meets hang loose?

  • ...
7
 49
 859

Chapter 5

Octavius was awoken by the sound of thunder and a screaming Vinyl. He quickly tried to sit up, but felt a weight on his chest. Looking down, he saw Dash sprawled out on him asleep. He carefully edged out from her and walked to Vinyl’s room, sitting by her on her bed.

He placed her hand in his, squeezing it lightly. A sudden clap of thunder resounded overhead and Vinyl shot up, terrified, screaming. Octavius pulled her close to him and held her tight as he felt her tangle her fingers in his shirt. He slowly swayed with her as he had seen Dash doing earlier, shushing her. He felt her tears on his neck and he stroked her back up and down.

“I know what you and Dash did.”

Octavius sighed and kept her close. “Yeah,” he said, still swaying with her, squeezing her as another clap of thunder sounded. “Well, she didn’t try to be quiet.”

Vinyl looked up at Octavius. “How was it?”

Octavius was taken aback by the question, but decided to talk about it, telling Vinyl it was his first time; elaborating how he had only seen how to do some of the things he’d done on his particularly lonely nights.

As he talked, the thunder slowly faded and the rain let up little by little. Finally, everything was quiet. Vinyl had fallen asleep in Octavius’ arms. He laid her on the bed quietly and stood to go. However, as he did, he felt a hand grab his wrist. He looked down and saw Vinyl staring up at him.

“Stay with me, Octy,” she whispered, pulling at his arm.

Octavius sat back down and laid next to her, looking at her. She smiled and hugged him, clinging to him as she fell asleep on his chest. He sighed a bit, but smiled and relaxed, eventually falling asleep as well.

Octavius blinked his eyes a couple times, stretching his arms over his head. He looked around in a daze. He cast a glance down to find Vinyl missing. He sat up and swung his legs off of the bed, rubbing his eyes. He noticed a discarded shirt and jeans on the floor, along with a bra and a pair of panties. Octavius quickly looked away from the underwear, standing and leaving the room. As he passed a door in the room, he heard water running; Vinyl was showering.

Octavius stepped out of his room and walked out into the main area of the building. He sat at one of the slightly nicer-looking tables and brushed the dirt away from the tabletop. He heard a door open and looked up to see Dash come into the room, wearing a towel around her body and around her head.

“Hello there, Tavi.” She gave him a smile, not minding her lack of clothes.

“Dash, why aren’t you wearing clothes?”

“Just finished with the shower,” she said. “Letting myself dry off before I put on some duds. Why?” She smirked at him. “I thought you liked me without clothes on?”

Octavius stammered a moment, caught off guard. Dash laughed at him and set down a cup of coffee in front of him. “I’m just kidding, man. I told you, it was meaningless sex. I don’t want any of that commitment shit.”

Octavius took a sip of his coffee to let the moment pass.

Suddenly, he heard the water shut off, and the shower curtain being pulled back. He thought back to the night before, how he and Dash had had sex, how Vinyl had asked him to stay in her room with her. There was something a bit odd about these women, but his mind wasn’t exactly awake enough just yet to think about it.

Vinyl emerged from the back room, dressed in some jeans and a black tank top, as well as her ever-present purple sunglasses. Her bare feet padded quietly against the wooden floor as she sat across from Octavius.

“G’morning, Tavi,” she yawned. Dash brought over two more cups of coffee, handing one to Vinyl and keeping the other for herself, somehow being fully clothed in a tank top and shorts. Vinyl took a sip of the hot liquid, yawning again.

“Tired there, Vi?” Dash grinned at her sleepy friend.

“Yeah, you know, I have some really noisy neighbors. I don’t know what was going on, but some woman kept screaming praises to god! It must’ve been pretty intense!” Vinyl smirked at Dash, who blushed slightly, but grinned at Octavius.

“Hey, what can I say? A cellist can use his fingers pretty damn well!”

Octavius groaned, taking another drink of his coffee.

“Not that I’m saying you’re a good cellist or anything.” Dash smirked at him.

“Yeah,” Vinyl added. “I mean, really, what good cellist isn’t booked every night?”

“Right?” Dash agreed, looking back at Octavius. “You’re just some fake, man! You probably suck at cello just as bad as you suck in bed!”

Octavius tried to let the insults roll off his back, but this was getting out of hand. He tried to speak, but started to cough instead.

“What’s the matter, dumbass?” Dash asked cruelly, mocking the man. “Can’t think of a comeback?”

Octavius fell to the floor, breathing heavily. These women were cruel. They despised him. He started to hyperventilate, panicking. He was going to die here on this floor, and all they’d do is laugh. He shut his eyes tight, waiting for the end to come.

Suddenly, his head was tilted up and placed in someone’s lap, and he was being given a pill and some water, which he quickly took. When his breathing calmed down, he looked up to see Vinyl staring worriedly down at him.

“You alright, Tavi?”

“Where did you find my medicine?”

“Dash found it on the counter. You put it there last night.”

Octavius looked over at Dash, who was looking at him as well, concern on her face. He sat up and looked at the two women. “We barely know each other. Why are you so kind to me? Why so friendly and giving and… and…” He didn’t know how to finish his sentence, so he let it hang in the air.

“Because that’s how we are, Tav-Tav,” Dash said with a smile. “We’re kind and fun, and yeah, we like a bit of trouble,” she winked at him, “but it’s just how we are. Plus I think Vinyl there’s got the biggest fuckin’ crush on ya, dude.”

Vinyl glared at her friend playfully, then turned back to Octavius. “We like you, Tavi. We want to be your friends, if you’ll let us.”

Octavius thought for a minute. Here these two women were, both whom he barely knew, asking to be his friends. He sighed with a smile. “First off, my name is Octavius. Secondly, I think maybe we could try to be friends, if you want. Just, don’t get too… Touchy-feely…”

Dash laughed and smiled. “Man, you sure weren’t sayin’ that last night!”

Vinyl laughed as well. “You were just as bad as she was, Tavi!”

Octavius stood, smiling very slightly. “Well, I have a performance this evening, so don’t worry yourselves. It won’t happen again.”

“But Tav-Tav,” Dash said, darting up and placing herself directly in front of him, a hand seductively tracing down his chest. “What if I want it to happen again?”

“Dash, leave the poor man alone!” Vinyl said with a smile.

Author's Note:

Any and all comments are appreciated, and a big thank you to those who favorited, commented, or even just read it.