• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 858 Views, 49 Comments

Octavius - Master Koschei



Octavius is town hopping, trying to find a permanent gig. He meets Vinyl Scratch. What'll Happen when uptight meets hang loose?

  • ...
7
 49
 858

Chapter 19

“Hey, Tavi?”

The cellist looked down at the DJ who had spoken to him as they wandered the snowy streets, looking for an interesting store to explore. Dash had thrown them out into the cold that morning, insisting she needed the entire diner alone to prepare for the party.

“What is it, Vinyl?” He stopped walking, looking at her. He could tell from her downward gaze that something was weighing on her mind. Her normal grin was gone, replaced by a worried frown.

She quickly looked him straight in the eyes, seeming resolute on something. “I wanna know, right now, when it’s just you and me here,” she said. “No, that’s not right. I NEED to know, Octavius; do you like me?”

Octavius stared at her dumbstruck. His mind instantly went into overload. He couldn’t come up with a fast answer, but the DJ continued her questioning. “I’ve seen those looks you’ve been giving me when you think I ain’t lookin’. And frankly, I’ve been checkin’ you out as well.” She grinned at him. “You’re not too bad yourself. And then there was the kiss in the hospital!”

As Vinyl seemed to ramble, Octavius was still trying to regain his normal composure. Finally, he held up a hand to silence the blue haired woman. “Vinyl,” he started. “I –“

“OHMYGOSHIT’SOCTAVIUSANDVINYLSCRATCHHEYHEYHEYHEYGUYS!”

Both musicians jumped and turned to see a pink haired woman bouncing excitedly towards them. She beamed from ear to ear at Octavius. “Up and about there, buddy? That’s great news! How’re ya feelin’?”

“Well, I –“

“Hey Vinyl! Got any new records coming out anytime soon?”

“Actually, that’s –“

“What’re you guys up t-MMMPH!”

A purple gloved hand was slapped over the girls mouth. Looking to the side of her, Octavius and Vinyl saw another woman with dark purple hair with a hot pink streak through it. She also had striking purple eyes that went very well with her purple coat and gloves that she wore.

“I’m so sorry about that, sir,” she said, grinning politely at Octavius. “She can be a bit overwhelming at times, can’t she?”

“That’s not exactly the word I would use,” Vinyl laughed, mostly to herself. She looked over at Octavius, who seemed to be in a state of shock. She waved her blue gloved hand in front of the cellists face, snapping him out of his stupor. He turned towards her. “Earth to Tavi, come in, Tavi!” She grinned at him.

“Sorry,” he apologized, remembering his manners and extending his hand to the purple haired woman. “My name is Octavius Melody. And you are?”

The woman shook his hand warmly, smiling at him. “Twilight. Twilight Sparkle. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, mister Melody.”

“Just Octavius is fine,” he said, returning his hand to the pocket of his dark coat. “And the pleasure is all mine.”

Twilight smiled politely, then turned to Pinkie. “Come on, Pinkie, let’s leave him alone, ok?”

“But I know him!” Pinkie stared at Twilight intently. “I visited him in the hospital after his accident! I beautified his sling with pretty stickers and fixed up Ditzy’s chair with balloons!”

“And I’m sure they greatly appreciate it,” Twilight started to drag Pinkie behind her. “But if you haven’t noticed, these two were in the middle of something!”

Pinkie looked over her shoulder at Octavius and Vinyl, the wheels almost visibly turning in her head. Suddenly, it seemed as if a light bulb went off in her head and she grinned mischievously. “Oh, I get it!”

Twilight turned to her. “You do?”

Pinkie skipped along happily away from the woman. “Nope!”

Vinyl and Octavius watched the odd pair leave, then turned back to face each other. Octavius started to speak, but Vinyl placed her index finger on his lips. “I want you to carefully consider your answer. And I want to hear your answer at the party. Ok?” The cellist nodded silently, Vinyl finger still against his lips. With a smile, she dropped her hand and started to walk away, Octavius trailing after her.

Do it.

Octavius nearly jumped at the voice in his head, something he hadn’t heard from in quite a while.

You know you like her.

Do not.

You’re right. You love her. You know you want to be with her. So give her the Christmas present she clearly wants and say yes!

Octavius shook his head to silence the voice, eliciting an odd look from Vinyl, who merely shrugged her shoulders. They continued to walk, but now Octavius was glancing at the DJ out of the corner of his eyes every so often. He noticed the way the snow softly fell into her electric blue hair, leaving tiny white specks that slowly melted away. He watched her white tennis shoes crunch through the layer of snow on the ground, staining the ankles of her black jeans with water. He saw her shove her gloved hands into the pockets of her big white coat. And every so often, he’d catch a hint of her lovely red eyes hidden behind her purple sunglasses. That when he noticed the smile forming on her face.

“Like whatcha see?” She grinned cutely at him, flashing her brilliant white teeth.

Octavius quickly averted his eyes, blushing slightly. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Vinyl chuckled quietly. “If it’s this painfully obvious what you’re answer will be, I cannot wait until the party.”

Author's Note:

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. I'm feeling a conclusion to this part of the story coming soon; as I said before, I may write a sequel, but not before a break. Between them, I might write some one shots or something. All comments and critiques are welcomed and greatly appreciated! Thank you all for reading, and I hope I'm delivering a story you like to read.