• Published 11th Dec 2014
  • 858 Views, 49 Comments

Octavius - Master Koschei



Octavius is town hopping, trying to find a permanent gig. He meets Vinyl Scratch. What'll Happen when uptight meets hang loose?

  • ...
7
 49
 858

Chapter 4

The group walked out of the mall a few hours later, Octavius burdened down by quite a few bags, the girls carrying hardly anything. Octavius was less than pleased that he had become the pack mule during their adventure.

Vinyl looked back at Octavius. “Hey, Tavi! You wanna go with me and Dash to get some din-din?”

Octavius rolled his eyes at the woman’s vocabulary, but nodded. He didn’t have a show that night, so he figured he might as well finish out the day with the two young ladies. They all went back to ‘Dash’s’ and dropped off the bags, deciding to get them when they got back from dinner. Octavius, however, kept the backpack and tossed in an umbrella, noticing dark clouds forming in the sky.

The three exited the building and walked around town, looking for a place to eat. Finally, Dash pointed out a small restaurant whose name had faded beyond recognition. However, the place was quite busy, so Octavius knew it simply had to be an old sign. They entered the building and were met with a smell of pasta. Octavius smiled faintly; he adored good Italian food.

“Good evening,” said a woman wearing a red polo shirt, black pants and a smile. “3 this evening? Okay, right this way!” They were led to the back of the restaurant and seated in a booth, Octavius on his own bench, the girls sharing the one across from him.

Dash smirked at Octavius. “So will you be ordering for yourself and the lovely lady to my left?” This made Vinyl blush hot and hide her face behind her menu; Octavius, however, stared at Dash.

“Very funny, miss Dash,” he said. “But I believe she can order for herself. I will not be placing her order or yours.”

Dash scoffed. “Man, you’re such a stiff.”

Vinyl was busy scanning the menu and finally spoke up. “I think I’ll have the ravioli Parmesan with garlic bread.”

Dash looked over at her friend. “Thank you for announcing that, Vi. You know, we were both DYING to know what exactly Vinyl Scratch was going to eat for dinner tonight!” Vinyl slowly hid her face again as Dash laughed.

Octavius turned his attention to his menu, examining all of the dishes. He finally settled on a soup with some bread and cheese. He looked up at the two women across from him, who were busy talking about some new hot guy on the pop music scene. He stared at them, lost in thought.

He considered Vinyl. She was very different from almost anyone Octavius had met. She insisted on wearing sunglasses no matter the lighting. She listened to loud music most of the time, as if she were trying to drown out the world with dubstep. She dressed in very plain attire, hoodies and jeans and tee shirts. Her hair was very interesting, two different shades of blue in a disorganized mess. All in all, Vinyl Scratch, as Dash had called her, was someone Octavius shouldn’t have any interest in whatsoever.

Yet he had bought her the headphones; he had agreed to a day with her and her friend, another woman Octavius had no idea about prior to that morning; and he was sitting here with said women, ordering a rather expensive meal and wine. When the waiter had departed the table, Vinyl and Dash both smirked at the cellist, making him rather uneasy.

“What’s with that look?” He eyed both women suspiciously.

Dash smiled innocently. “Oh, nothing, Tav-Tav. We were just thinking how utterly cute you looked in the mall when you thought we were gone. You looked so lost and helpless and shit!” She started to laugh, irritating Octavius.

“Yeah, man,” Vinyl continued Dash’s thought. “What was up with that? You were tripping out and your breathing got fucked up. You seemed to be panicking. So what’s the deal? Got some weed in your pocket that ya lost?”

“Or did you miss us that much?” Dash smirked at the man. “Oh, wait! I got it! He missed his Vinyl!”

Octavius glared at the women. “Why are you being like this? What did I do? I bought you lunch and am buying your dinner; Vinyl, I paid for your breakfast. I spent the day quietly with you two. What did I do wrong?”

The two laughed cruelly at him. Dash nudged Vinyl. “Look at this pathetic bastard! He thinks we care about him!”

Vinyl gripped her side. “Ow, ow, quit it, it’s too much! Why would we care about him?!”

Octavius started to hyperventilate again, looking at the laughing women. This was wrong. They weren’t like this. They couldn’t be. But what if they were? Maybe they just –

“Yo, Tavi!” Dash snapped her fingers in front of Octavius’ face, making him start. “Hey, man, what’s going on?”

Vinyl stared at the man, looking worried. “Yeah, you started to freak out just now. Is everything ok? Look, we can cancel the orders and just go back to –“

Octavius stood up from his bench at the booth quickly, nodding. “We need to go.” He glanced at his watch. 8:45. He cursed himself and quickly went to the waiter, telling him to drop their bill and that they were going. The waiter was hesitant, but the frenzied and panicked look on the cellist’s face convinced the waiter to agree. Octavius turned to Vinyl and Dash, who were waiting by the door, Vinyl holding the bag. He met them at the door and took the bag, and the three departed.

As they stepped outside, they instantly were drenched; it had started raining while they were inside, and given Octavius’ state, they had forgotten all about it. They were more worried about getting out than staying dry. Octavius quickly retrieved Vinyl’s jacket, as well as his own, which he offered to Dash, who took it gratefully. After the girl’s were covered, they quickly moved towards ‘Dash’s’, deciding to take shelter in there for the evening.

When they entered the building, Dash flipped a light switch, illuminating the room. Octavius hadn’t had much of an opportunity to look around earlier, not that there was much to look at. By the looks of it, ‘Dash’s’ was in a desperate state of disrepair, the tables held together by patchwork and duct tape. He noticed that a few lights were flickering, adding to the whole ‘run-down’ look the place had going for it. He turned back to Dash. “What did this used to be?”

She smirked at him. “This IS a restaurant for those who can’t afford a restaurant. I don’t give charity, but everything is way underpriced. I can’t help it, man. That’s why it looks like shit. Now you answer me something, Tavi.”

Octavius looked at her, an eyebrow cocked inquisitively.

“What happened in the restaurant?”

Octavius sighed. “I have this medicine I need to take. I missed my dose, but I snuck one while we were swapping jackets and all. I was hoping you would forget.”

Vinyl was stripping off her wet hoodie while Octavius was explaining, tossing the soaked jacket on the floor for later. She turned to Octavius. “Why would you hide that, Octy?”

Octavius sighed. “My name is Octavius. And, well, it’s embarrassing to have to have a pill to control my thoughts and actions.”

Dash unzipped Octavius’ jacket and tossed it with Vinyl’s, then smirked at Octavius, changing the subject. “Well, given the weather, and the fact that you keep getting more interesting by the second, I simply MUST insist that you and your girlfriend stay the night here. I’m sure I can rig something up in my room for you guys to get all nice and cozy.”

Vinyl’s hand connected with the back of Dash’s head, who laughed off the blow. “I told you we aren’t dating, you bitch!” Vinyl laughed and cast a glance over to Octavius. “You don’t mind sharing with two beautiful young women, do you?” She emphasized beautiful with a teasing trace of her hand down her side, winking playfully at the cellist.

He sighed and turned away. “The hotel isn’t too far away. You two enjoy your sleepover while I –“

A flash of lightning streaked across the dark night sky, lighting it up. Seconds later, a deafening crash of thunder rolled nearby, shaking the building a bit. Vinyl screamed and fell to the floor, her hands on her head, her glasses falling from her face. Octavius looked back and rushed to her side, Dash already with her.

Octavius pieced everything together as Dash picked up Vinyl and held her close, slowly swaying back and forth, Vinyl clinging desperately to her friend, sobbing. Vinyl Scratch had a fear of thunder and lightning. If the situation were different, Octavius might’ve laughed at the irony, considering Vinyl’s profession of DJ’ing.

Another roar of thunder resounded closer to the small decrepit building, shaking the windows in their panes. Vinyl yelped in fear, clutching her friend tighter. Dash slowly stroked the other woman’s back soothingly, shushing her, whispering calming things to her friend.

Octavius retrieved Vinyl’s glasses and placed them back on Vinyl’s face, hiding her eyes, which were squeezed shut and flooding tears, behind them. He then stood and took her gently from Dash, though not without a bit of resistance from the trembling, sobbing woman. He led her slowly into the back room that he had seen Dash emerge from that morning, Dash following them in and closing the door. Octavius gently laid Vinyl on the bed in the decent sized room, sitting on the edge by her. He looked up at Dash.

“How can a DJ,” he started quietly. “Be afraid of thunder and lightning?”

Dash sighed a bit. “She wasn’t when she started her career. I remember this woman when she was fearless. You couldn’t stop this bitch.” More thunder, causing Vinyl to panic, Octavius clutching her hand. “She loved to do anything normal people would say was stupid, moronic, hell sometimes suicidal. You think it and she’d do it.

“Then one night, she was on her way back to her apartment. It had started to rain; no big deal, a little rain, some thunder and lightning, nothing to worry about. Suddenly, next thing she can remember, she’s in the hospital in really bad pain. Docs said a bolt of lightning hit her. They had to restart her heart. Twice. The docs said she was lucky to be alive; they nearly declared her dead the second time.

“Now anytime it does this, she freaks. She knows she used up her extra lives, and she doesn’t want to lose that last one. She’s afraid she’ll get struck again and not wake up.” Dash came over and placed a kiss on Octavius’ cheek. “Thank you for the help, Octavius. Really.”

Octavius quietly smiled, Vinyl passed out on the bed, the thunder dying in the distance. He stood and turned to Dash, who looked up at him with a small smile. Suddenly, Octavius found his lips pressed firmly against Dash’s, kissing her hot, her hands moving down her back, his hands keeping a firm grip on her nice hips. They kissed hot and heavy for about a minute before Dash pulled back for air.

“Well, well, Tavi,” she smirked at him. “You certainly seem to know what you’re doing. You’re no virgin boy. You’re a real player.”

Octavius silenced her with another deep kiss, which she happily returned, pulling him to another side room with her, laying back on a small guest bed and pulling him on top of her.

They continued to kiss, Dash reaching up and pulling off Octavius’ shirt, the cellist returning the favor to the woman, also removing her sports bra, leaving them both exposed to the other. Octavius kissed and bit at her neck as she groaned and tangled her fingers in his hair. Octavius made his way lower, placing a nip on her collarbone before freezing. Dash looked down at him in frustration, thinking he was teasing, but a slow smile spread across her face.

“Oh, my god,” she started to laugh, making Octavius’ face heat up. “You ARE a virgin! Holy shit, man! With play like that, I thought you must’ve had a bitch at some point or another. Ok, do this.”

She took the cellists hands and slowly traced them up her sides and placed one on one of her decently sized breasts, coaxing him to squeeze it and play with it. His face lit up hotter and he pulled his hand away. Dash looked concerned but managed a small smile.

“Strange, usually I can’t get guys OFF my tits,” she said, staring at Octavius. She narrowed her eyes at him. “You don’t play for my team do you?”

Octavius was confused by this for a minute, but caught on quickly and shook his head. “No, it’s just –“

“Dude, it’s just meaningless sex is all it is! No commitment or anything, just fucking!” She smirked at him. “So let’s just fuck! I’m on the pill, don’t worry about that. No, I’m not a whore who will sleep with any guy, contrary to what you might’ve heard at the mall today. Yes, I am clean. Yes, this will be fun. Now bring those talented hands of yours over here.” Octavius complied, doing as she asked. She smirked and muttered, “Let’s see if mama can break this stallion.”

Author's Note:

Well that was unexpected. What did you think?