• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 994 Views, 23 Comments

Redemption - RustyKat

  • ...
4
 23
 994

On Guard

"And this is where we guard. A note..... you must be unshakable. Always never show emotion when you are on duty....."
Fleur snickered. "You said duty."

Arrow gave Fleur a cold unamused stare. "And none of that, or you'll find out what happens to the bad soldiers...... it's not pretty."

He watched as Fleur shuddered. "I...I'm sorry."

You will be soon enough. "Now.... let me show you what a true guard looks like." He lead then outside halfway, where a white Pegasus with a blue mane was standing, still as a statue. They watched as a rainbow mare tried her best to make the guard react... even in the slightest way, and it didn't work. It was as if the stallion was turned to stone. A changeling took the same disguise as the rainbow mare and tried, but to no avail.

I shall not react. The guard sat, unamused by the things Rainbow and the changeling were doing to get him to react.
"Oh, I know..." said the disguised changeling as she plucked a feather from her wing and began to tickle the guard gently. the guard tried hard to not laugh.
"Good idea!" chimed Rainbow Dash, as she joined in with a feather.

Finally, he couldn't take it any longer, and ended up with a chuckle. "Okay ladies, stop."

"Not until I get you to laugh." said the disguised changeling darkly. The two mares continued to tickle the stallion until he ended up laughing hard.
"O..okay... stop." he said, ears flattened.

"Aha, success!" chimed the disguised changeling as she gave a hoofbump to the rainbow mare, and they both took off.

"You were outnumbered." said Arrow slightly amused. "Unshakable? I think not. Work on it Starboard."

"B...but... they had feathers..." he began, ears flattened. "Really soft ones too."

Arrow gave a long sigh as he face-hoofed gently. Sometimes I wonder just how these stallions and mares ever became a guard in the first place.......

There was a period of silence before Starboard sighed.

"You're right Arrow. I'll never be unshakable if I keep worrying about feathers and changelings."

"Good." Finally.... a guard that learns from his mistakes.

"Hey, who's that?" snickered Fleur., as he pointed to an overweight stallion in guard armor. The stallion was silver-ish grey, with black hair, and he was a unicorn. Gale questioned just how exactly this guard got even in his armor, or more important, how he could even do his job.

"Looks like a big guard marshmellow." commented Gale with a chuckle. The stallion noticeably flattened his ears.

"This is Greythorn. Although a bit.... bigger than most guards, he does his job well." He isn't too bright though... and easily distracted..... Greythorn notably unflattened his ears, admiring the praise he just received.

Gale wanted to ask just exactly how one would do a job like this well in such a condition, but he kept his mouth shut. Royal guards never ask a question unless it is absolutely necessary....their actions speak for them.

"So, you're the new recruits, eh?" said Greythorn as he looked them over. "I see great promise in you two."