• Published 4th Dec 2014
  • 1,270 Views, 13 Comments

Memories - Bullet25



How long have you been in Equestria now? Thirteen years? Have some memories.

  • ...
6
 13
 1,270

Chapter Two: Phone

You hold the power button till the boot screen comes on. Once it gets to the lock screen you notice the power level, twenty percent. I’m going to have to get Twilight to power this thing up again. It took her two months to figure out how to repower it with magic but it was worth it. Ehh, maybe its time I give it to her and let her tinker with it like she wants to. You continue with your routine. Unlocking the screen you go straight into the messaging app. You tap on the only conversation you left on the phone, ‘Mom and Dad’, and scroll all the way back.

09/09/2014 10:34pm
Hey Mom, I don’t know if you are going to get this but I’m fine…
I think. I’m told I am in some town called ‘Ponyville’. I was
seriously hurt but don’t worry I should be fine. Get this the town
is filled with talking ponies. I know crazy right.
Message not sent! Tap to try again.

“Damn it!” You toss the phone to the end of the hospital bed. “You guys don’t by some chance have some kind of internet or phone service?”

The purple pony sitting on the chair near the wall cocks her head. “I don’t know what those things are to tell you yes or no. What’s wrong”

“Nothing, I just tried texting my mom but I have no service. I was just kind of hoping it would still worked.” Looking over at Twilight you can tell she doesn’t know what you are saying. “Oh what’s the difference, you have no Idea what I’m talking about.”

“Noo, but if there is something I can do to help let me know.”

“Can you invent the cell phone?”

“No.”

“Can you get me back to Earth?”

“Not right now, but I contacted the princess for help.”

“Oh great a princess pony. I’m sure that will just make everything sooo much better.”

“Hey I’m just trying to help,” Twilight says.

You sigh, “Sorry, Sorry. Its just. How would you feel if you suddenly woke up in a completely different world with colored, talking ponies, then find out you can’t even contact your parents?”

“I guess I’d be depressed,” she responds while looking at the floor.

“Right. Now how would you also feel if the talking pony currently sitting in the room for you admitted she was responsible for said situation because of some stupid experiment?” You lay yourself back down on the bed.

Twilight rubs the back of her neck. “I guess I’d be pretty annoyed and angry at said pony.”

“Right. Sooooooo.”

“Sooo, I guess I should leave?”

“I want to get some sleep anyway,” you say. You get back up and pick your phone up. You turn the phone off and place it on the little table next to the bed.

As Twilight leaves she said one thing to you, “Sorry.”

You ignore her and try to get some sleep.

09/10/2014 11:42am
Hey Mom and Dad, I’m trying this again before my phone
dies. I really hope you get this. Wherever this place is
I am safe. Since I don’t think I’ll get to try again, I love you
both.
Message not sent! Tap to try again.

“God damn it! Yes thanks phone I know the battery is critically low. Piece of shit.”

There is a knock on the open door. “Is right now a bad time?”

You look up to see Twilight in the doorway. “I guess not. My phone is just about to die, thats all.”

Twilight’s eyes grew wide. “Wait that’s alive?! Nurse!”

You roll your eyes. “No, what, Twilight, stop. Its not alive. Jesus.”

One of the nurses came running into the room.

“False alarm, nurse,” you say. “You can leave now.”

“Are you sure?” She asks.

“But. You. That thing. What. Huh,” Twilight stumbles out.

You shoo the nurse out of the room. “Twilight sit,” you say pointing at the chair.

You explain the basics of how the phone works, and that it isn’t alive and just a tool humans use. It took longer than you hoped.

“So it’s fine, just out of power?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

Twilight gets up off the chair and comes over to get a closer look at the phone. “Could I try and repower it? Its one of the least things I can do for stranding you here.”

You tilt your head and raise an eyebrow. “What do you mean stranding me here? I thought you said you were getting help?”

Twilight lets out a nervous laugh and starts tracing circles on the floor with her hoof. “About that. The princess got back to me. It turns out she doesn’t know anyway to get you home. But, but, she is going to have Discord help me try and get you home. It may just take a while.”

You squint your eyes at her when you hear this. “You know what here take it,” you say while throwing the phone at her. She catches with her magic. “It’s not like you can make matter worse. Just leave.”

Twilight again says one thing as she leaves, “Sorry.”