• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 726 Views, 5 Comments

The Great Conspiracy - YoungQuillMaster



A conspiracy of old comes to light, causing the ponies of Equestria to rethink their knowledge of their world; especially of what's beyond the sea.

  • ...
1
 5
 726

Chapter 2

Twilight, along with a detachment of guards, walked down the pier towards the manager’s office. One of the guards picked up his pace and opened the door before the princess. The pony inside looked over and quickly got up and gave a bow, causing Twilight to feel a bit uncomfortable.

“Your highness, if I had known you were coming I would have cleaned up my office. Please excuse its current state of disaster.” The pony said towards the ground, not even looking up to Twilight.

“Then it is good we didn’t call ahead.” The guard sergeant said as he walked ahead. “There are certain files we need from you, and if we are correct somepony might have attempted to destroy them before we came.” The manager stood up and looked in confusion at the guard.

“Somepony might want to destroy them? Sir, we have nothing to hide here, we make sure no illegal cargo is shipped or received. If you wish, I can run up a record for all items of that sort that have attempted to pass through our port.” The pony replied, his expression unwavering, showing Twilight either he was telling the truth or was a very well versed liar.

“No, we are looking for anomalies in your shipping. You wouldn’t catch this cargo and remain silent for so long.” The guard replied as he opened a cabinet and started flipping through the files.

“Anomalies? Sir, we run the highest security port in all of Equestria, there is no piece of cargo that gets past our waters without one of our ponies laying hoof or eye on it.” Dry Dock replied.

“Sir, this piece of ‘cargo’ was removed from our highest security area and has been traced to this area. If whoever took it got this far without being caught, they can get through this port without flicking an eyelash.” The guard replied.

“Oh, I see, of course. We’ll see what we have.” The sailor pony replied, walking over to another one of his cabinets.

“What can we call you, sir? We need it for the report.” The guard asked as he continued to flip through some of the papers before tossing them over to the desk

“Dry Dock’s my name. What timeline are we looking at?” He asked while removing certain folders and placing them on his desk.

“The day before yesterday, yesterday, and today is when this ‘cargo’ could’ve left port.” The guard replied as he began to scan through the files. “I want to know if the regular port master was out of an area for any of those days. The group that did this might have had the usual replaced with one of their own.” Dry Dock looked up with a raised eyebrow before opening another folder and flipping through it.

“Well, let’s see… Stern was out and was replaced by Anchor two days ago… and then there was Gangplank replaced by Dragnet and then there was Anchor who got sick yesterday evening and had to have Dragnet cover for him too.” Dry Dock replied.

“What were the circumstances for each pony calling out for those days?” The guard asked as he moved to the cabinets with Gangplank and Stern’s names on them.

“Let’s see… Stern went on vacation to Los Pegasus area, his vacation days were about to be removed if he didn’t use them, so he took the wife and kid to see some of the extended family in the suburbs. Gangplank had a case of food poisoning or something and Anchor, as I said, caught something over the night and came down real bad it this morning.” Dry Dock stated. The guard looked over to him, a small suspicion beginning to form.

“Bring up all files on ships that this Dragnet passed through port.” The sergeant ordered. Dry Dock shrugged as he opened a draw on his desk and taking out a file labeled ‘recent departures’ that he opened and removed a small folder labeled ‘Gangplank’ and another labeled ‘Stern’.

“This should be what you’re looking for, but I doubt he’s who you’re looking for.” Dry Dock stated with great certainty. “He’s been with us for nigh onto sixteen years and was trained by our best inspectors. He alone has caught about three fourths of the illegal cargo that we’ve found over the last six months and about half of what came through over the last year. He is as loyal as they come.” Dry Dock finished.

“That makes him all the more likely. He could just have been trying to get on your good side so that when he passes a ship that couldn’t have been passed if he actually searched it you never notice since he has such a good reputation.” The guard retorted as he flipped through the pages and landed on one paper in Stern’s file. “Hmm… what do we have here?” He asked himself.

“I don’t know; what do we have here?” Dry Dock replied dryly. The guard shot him a look before returning to the paper.

“Six large crates, tree wagons and two small chests put onto one ship that left today… I have a feeling that he might not even have to be on their side.” The guard said as he closed the file.

“Well I can tell you right now that you’re wrong about that one.” Dry Dock stated simply.

“How can you be sure? Were you there with him every step of the way?” The sergeant asked sharply. Dry Dock looked at him with a flat expression.

“Yeah, I and three others; when we get a ship hauling a large amount of cargo I get called in along with all other reserve inspectors. We each look over the crates one by one, each of us checking over one another’s work.” Dry Dock shot back at him. “So that ship is a no go on the score of hidden cargo.”

“Hmm… you know that is actually a lot more helpful than you might think.” The guard said as he continued to flip through the pages and removing a few a he went. “All small ships with small amount of cargo; if he’s on their side and are passing cargo he shouldn’t, these are the chances to do so.” The guard laid out the fifteen papers on the now hastily cleared desk.

“I can remove three of those for you.” Dry Dock stated as he took away said amount of papers. “We have surprise spot checks where we send in another inspector to see if the pony is doing his or her job correctly.” The guard nodded as he let Twilight step in front of the pages and check over them quickly. One by one they were put to the side, removing those that were too small, until there were three left.

“A ship bound for the zebra lands with two small carts and a chest, another heading for the dragon lands with a large crate and another heading for… found you.” Twilight said as she tossed one aside and levitated the other two into her saddlebags. “Where is Dragnet now?” She asked Dry Dock.

“He should be at either Stern or Gangplank’s area that would be… area 5-C and 6-C. The signs should get you there.” The guard nodded and turned to leave, “Oh, and one more thing.” Dry Dock said before he even took a step towards the door.

“Yes, what is it, Mr. Dry Dock?” Twilight asked, turning to look at him.

“Tell me how it goes when you get back. I really want to know what you all found that incriminates my most prized employees.” Dry Dock stated before starting to pick up papers and putting them back in their folders.

“I will” The lead sergeant interjected, “You deserve to know why one of your employees is going to be incarcerated for high treason.” The guard finished flatly as he left the guards and Twilight in tow.



“Well, you check out, nothing that makes it so you can’t leave.” Dragnet said as he took his stamp out of its place and pressed it against the papers. “Have a good trip and be sure to come back soon.” He finished, giving a parting wave before walking off towards another group of ponies that were walking towards their ship. “I am so glad it isn’t a busy day…” He grumbled as he walked over. “Last night was a killer.” He finished while twisting his neck, several pops sounding out as he did.

“Mr. Dragnet, I presume?” A gruff voice asked from behind him. He looked at saw an entourage of guards around Princess Twilight Sparkle. He quickly dropped into a bow in respect for the monarch.

“Yes, I am Dragnet. Are you here to deport? I can have the royal cruiser prepared for sailing within fifteen minutes.”

“Whether we need it or not is yet to be seen.” One of the guards replied before stepping back, allowing Twilight to come forward.

“Please, rise, I have a question that I believe you can answer.” Twilight said in a light tone, not sounding like there was anything out of the ordinary happening.

“Of course, your majesty,” Dragnet replied as he rose up to his hooves and looked the princess of friendship in the eye. “I know most of all there is to know about port functions and ships.” He said with no small measure of pride. Twilight levitated two small papers out of her bag and looked at it, using her magic to make the back of the papers opaque, making it so the light of the sun wouldn’t allow him to read through the thin papers.

“Yesterday a ship departed with minimal crew members and only a large cart that had supplies in it.” She said, immediately gaining a curious look from Dragnet. “It was said to contain wine, cheese, bread, and several aromatics it in for trading with the gryphons and that it was owned by a pony under the name of ‘Sire’.” Twilight finished.

“Yeah, that sounds about right… I think the destination was something else, but the cargo and personnel sounds about right.” Dragnet replied, now understanding the situation.

“Very good… now, there was another ship that left yesterday that had a large crew and water, bread, and medical supplies that they were going to use for a simple coastal cruise owned by one ‘Hummingbird’. Is this correct?” Twilight asked again.

“Hmm… no, Hummingbird had cheese, bread, wine, aromatics, gems, and multiple other items to trade with the zebras.” Dragnet replied, and then his eyes opened wide in realization.

“Mr. Dragnet, you are under arrest for allowing the deportation of a prized possession of Equestria. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to…” Twilight stopped paying attention to the guard that was reading of his rights. She turned to one of the other guards who stood in the file patiently with the others.

“I want you to get the royal cruiser prepared and brought around. If I’m right, their ship should be slow enough that we can still catch them.” Twilight ordered. The guard saluted and galloped off towards another one of the port masters and relayed the message, motioning towards Twilight during one part. The port master looked over and then turned back to the guard and nodded and galloped off to another part of the port. The guard soon returned and fell back in line.

“The port master says that the ship shall be available within the hour.” The guard stated. Twilight looked to the big clock tower than rose above the port, the time reading three forty-seven. If the pony was correct it would be good on the time side, after all, they were low on time as it was.



Twilight walked across the plank, her guards walking around her as she boarded. In the distance the shape of sky chariots began clearer and clearer as the small group approached. Twilight smiled as her friends disembarked and galloped over to join her.

“Twilight, glad we made it in time; looks like you were about ready to shove off.” Applejack commented as she boarded the others already on the deck.

“Well we need to hurry. We have a possible lead on where Celestia might have been taken.” Twilight stated. “There was a ship that probably contains the ponies that had Celestia that was reported to be heading out towards deep sea.” Twilight continued as she walked towards the helm. “The type of ship they have might be just slow enough that we can catch them within a few hours with this ship.”

“How fast can this thing go, Twi?” Rainbow asked, a grin across her face, undoubtedly knowing she could out do it.

“Well, this ship is rated to hit about eight to nine knots, the ship the other ponies are using have a usual speed rating of four or so.” Twilight replied, leaving Rainbow with a look of confusion, not truly understanding what she had just said, except for the part that their ship was around two times as fast as their competition’s.

“Um…, Twi, what’s a knot supposed to mean?” Rainbow began, still looking at her friend, hoping for some answer that would make a certain amount of sense to her as she hovered in place.

“A knot is one nautical mile an hour which is about one point five to one mile per hour.” Twilight replied with a smirk. “And yes, you’re quite a bit faster than that.” Rainbow crossed her forelegs in satisfaction at that reply. Twilight approached the captain of the vessel, a stocky stallion with a blue coat and a black and white striped mane. Said stallion turned as she approached and gave a smile and a bow to her.

“Ah, Princess Twilight, glad to be of service today.” He said, his smile bleeding into his voice, “My name is Galleon, and I’m he captain of this vessel. Where are we sailing today, your highness?” He asked, as polite as ever.

“We sail to the west, good sir. We are in pursuit of another vessel that has had several hours head start, but we believe such a fine vessel as this can catch it.” Twilight replied, trying to sound as regal as possible. Galleon rose and looked at Twilight with an intrigued look.

“West? Why, a few hours that way and you’ll be running into the rising waters.” He stated. “Whoever sailed that way would probably have taken a turn before too long unless they’re one of the fanatic challengers that ram their ships into the wall in an attempt to break through. I’d wager more than six dozen good ships lay at the bottom of the ocean near that wall, for all the good they do.”

“Thank you for the warning, Galleon, but we need to sail that direction. We have reports pointing to them going that direction.” Twilight responded, taking his words as seriously as she could. It might stand to reason for such fanatical ponies to charge such an impenetrable wall and even have Celestia as a resource to break through, it would be a rather solid plan if you really wanted to get through.

“Very well, your majesty, we’ll sail west.” Galleon replied with a nod as he turned and walked over to the wheel. The captain let out a shrill whistle, causing the ponies that had been walking around the deck at a decent pace to stop for a split second and scramble to different areas. Twilight watched in amazement as several ponies began to climb the ropes and unfurl the sails. The sound of drums began to echo out from the lower decks as the oars on either side of the ship extended and began to row as the last pony jumped from the docks onto the ship after removing the last rope.



The ship cut through the water, the waves parting on either side as it made a beeline to the west. Rainbow Dash, for the tenth or eleventh time, flew beside the ship, quickly passing by it before turning to one side and looping around the ship, just as proof of her speed. She finally landed and trotted over to the other ponies that were playing a round of cards.

“How’d I do?” She asked one of the sailors sitting on the ground around the barrel that had a cloth spread over it with the cards on top of it.

“Ten second flat, not bad. Just remember you’re going through air, this ship has to move through something with quite a bit more resistance than that.” He replied as he pushed a few more chip into the main pile. “Try doing the sonic what-cha-call-it and diving straight into the water and see how you fair.” After a few seconds of thinking, “On second thought, don’t do that. You’ll end up a broken mess if you do that. I’d prefer to not be the one responsible for the death of one of the members of the Council of Friendship any time soon.” He amended while another pony put his cards face down and walked away grumbling something about folding and cards being rigged.

“So, do you have any idea when we might arrive at the wall?” Twilight asked the captain. Galleon looked at one of the charts that were mounted in a glass case by the wheel, and after a few rough calculations came to a conclusion.

“I’d say we’re almost there. I’d wager a minute or two before we’ve able to see it rising up before us.” Galleon replied, returning his attention to the wheel.

“Thank you, captain, you’re services are greatly appreciated.” Twilight said with a smile. The captain simply shrugged as he maintained a steady course through the waves.

“I said I’d serve the crown with my abilities as a sailor and I meant it.” The captain replied nonchalantly. Twilight looked to the sea before them with a smile; everything was going well, even better than anticipated.

“Ship spotted on the horizon, sir!” The pony in the crow’s nest shouted down to them as she continued to peer through her telescope.

“Is it a small trade ship?” Twilight shouted back, hoping desperately that it was the ship they were looking for. The pony continued to gaze through their telescope, trying to get a better view of the ship in question.

“No, ma’am, it appears to be…” Her voice trailed off, her words barely passing a breath. Twilight and Galleon looked at each other in a mixture of horror and confusion.

“What is it, lass? Speak up!” Galleon shouted up to her. A few moments of hesitation passed as the pony continued to look through her eyepiece, and then lift away from it, and then go back to looking through it. She finally looked down towards the captain.

“It appears to be another royal cruiser. It looks to be outfitted with the same materials as we are as far as the top deck will show.” She shouted the reply. The captain looked back to Twilight, and then looked back up.

“Another royal cruiser? Is it Luna or Celestia?” The captain questioned, causing Twilight to stiffen when she remembered that nopony actually knew about Celestia’s kidnapping except the guard and several detectives and her friends.

“I can’t tell, sir, but they’re flying Equestrian colors… wait… no it appears to be slightly altered from the Equestrian flag. It appears the light and dark sections of the flag are reversed on the central piece.” The pony in the crow’s nest replied as she continued to look over the ship through her telescope. Galleon looked to Twilight with a raised eyebrow.

“That’s really is odd… what do you make of it?” He asked Twilight. Twilight thought for a few seconds, trying to make reason of it.

“I don’t know. We’ll have to get a better view of it.” Twilight replied, unsure of what else to say. “Just get us closer to them so we can see what is with this.”

“Aye, we’ll bring her in for a good look.” Captain nodded. “Take her to half mast!” The captain barked the order to the sailors on deck who left their games and other activities to begin to climb the ropes and roll the sails up halfway, lowering the speed of the craft slightly. “Tell the oars to go at cruising speed.” He told one of the runners near him who quickly galloped down to the deck bellow and relayed the message, the beating of the drums instantly slowing.

“I don’t know what we’re going to see here, Captain.” Twilight admitted, “But I know Luna and Celestia are not on the sea currently.” Galleon just smiled.

“That just makes it all the more fun, your majesty.” He replied. “What do we have up there?” He asked the pony who was still looking through her telescope.

“They’ve lowered to half mast and cruising speed as well, sir!” She replied without looking away from her telescope. The captain looked curiously at the ship that was beginning to appear on the horizon.

“Don’t know what they’re trying to do, but hopefully it’s friendly.” Galleon said to nopony in particular. “Tell the oars to pick up a bit.” He ordered the runner again who galloped back down without complaint.

“Sir, it appears their oars are picking up a bit!” The pony in the crow’s nest shouted down to Galleon who looked perplexed at her.

“I’m not making a lick of sense of this. Not only do we have this ship that looks almost exactly like us but has the same orders given and executed at the same time as us… not only that but we should be able to see the wall by now.” Galleon said with concern etched across his features.

“I have a hypothesis in the works,” Twilight commented as she looked at the shape of the ship on the horizon grow larger as it drew closer, “But I’ll need a bit more details before I can really say it’s a real theory. So far it’s the only option that really is making sense to me, but I could be wrong.”

“Well, we got nothing else to work this, let’s hear what you have to say about this.” Galleon said as he took out a spyglass from beside the wheel and extended it before raising it up to his eye.

“It could be a reflection spell to hide what’s really behind there.” Twilight explained. “They probably figured we’d be able to follow them soon enough and decided to make it we could only come so far.” The captain grunted in reply as he scanned the deck of the other ship with his looking glass.

“Hmm… yeah, I’d say we got a mirror.” The captain said to himself. He removed his eyepiece and looked at the deck of his ship and the rigging before looking back at the other ship. “Well, maybe not a mirror.”

“What do you mean by ‘maybe not a mirror’?” Twilight asked. Galleon passed the spyglass to Twilight, who levitated it over to her eye.

“The object are mirrored, they are on the same side of their ship. They have barrels on the right side of the deck, just like we do, while as if it were a mirror the barrels would appear on the left.” Galleon stated, and to Twilight’s surprise, he was absolutely right. It was as if they were simply sailing towards an exact replica of their ship.

She focused the spyglass on the helm of the ship and saw two ponies standing rather still, the mare, most likely the captain, looking at a lavender stallion that stood looking through his spyglass towards her direction. Twilight lowered the eyepiece and looked at the captain, who was looking at her expectantly.

Twilight lifted the spyglass again and looked towards the rest of the ship where ponies were working on the rigging and what not, and then lowered it and looked at the relative positions of those ponies if they were on her ship, and indeed there ponies finishing the same tasks the ponies on the other end were starting a few seconds ago. She looked to the captain again, not entirely sure what to say.

“C-captain… I… I think we’re in danger. This doesn’t look like anything I’ve ever seen before.” She finally settled, “I believe we should continue, but with the utmost caution.”

“I understand, your majesty. I’ve been sailing for nigh onto twenty-seven years and this is the first time anything like this has happened, and trust me, I’ve had my fair share of odd experiences at sea.” Galleon replied as he took to the wheel while Twilight stowed the spyglass away. “Send the signal for a peaceful meeting.” The messenger nodded and charged to a pony that sat by a box of flags. The ponies talked for a few seconds before the flag pony lifted the flags up in his magic and began to signal, only to have another pony on the other ship start the same signal. Both sides pressed on and finished their messages.

“They also sent a call for a peaceful meeting?” Twilight asked, only gaining the nod of the captain. “Well, at least we both agree on meeting on peaceful terms.”

“Aye, it is good to see they think like us in that regard. Send them a reply that we fully acknowledge and agree.” He ordered the messenger, who took off and quickly told the flag pony his order. The flag pony stood up and sent the signal, and again had the pony on the other ship send the same message over to him.

“Again… I’m… I’m truly at a loss for words.” Twilight said as she removed the spyglass from its case and extended it. She focused it on the helm once more, and as before, the lavender stallion still stood as he did before, looking at her with his own spyglass. Twilight lowered the optic device and levitated it over to the captain. “I think it would be wise to send everypony down to the lower decks for the time being, or at least until we have established contact with them.”

“Aye, I believe that to be a wise decision.” Galleon replied before giving a shrill whistle, which could also be heard from the other ship. The ponies on either ship scrambled and stowed the sails and then descended to the lower decks. Twilight walked down the stairs to the main deck as they drew closer to the other ship, the lavender stallion that looked exceptionally like her if she were a stallion, doing the same on his ship. She finally reached the forward most part of the ship.

“Hold her, captain; this is far enough in my estimation.” Both lavender ponies ordered their captains. The captains of each vessel looked at the other’s commanding officers. Twilight and her counterpart looked at their captains. “Galleon?” Twilight asked, while as her counterpart seemed to say Frigate.

“Sorry, your majesty,” Both captains replied, “I was slightly distracted by… well, the other… you know.” The captain hesitate before whistling loudly in an descending pitch, the oars lifting out of the water and pulled into the ship in response as the anchor’s splashed into the waters. Twilight directed herself to her counterpart on the other ship, taking a deep breath before motioning for him to begin, only to have him making the same motion to her. Both ponies took a step back in confusion.

“Who are you and why are you in these waters?” Both of them asked each other, making little progress. “I am Princess Twilight and we are searching for a ship carrying cargo of incalculable value to Equestria.” Twilight said, though her counterpart said he was ‘Prince Dusk’. Twilight looked at him curiosity, only to notice that he looked at her the same way. She turned back to her captain, who seemed to be looking suspiciously towards his counterpart. “Captain, bring us a bit closer.” Twilight said, and heard ‘Dusk’ say the same as well.

“Yes, your highness.” Both captains replied, as they let out another odd whistle, causing the anchor to be raised slightly out of the water as the rowing began softly, bringing the two ships closer. The gap was soon bridge and both captain with slightly different timings whistled for their crews to stop, which was quickly executed by both crews. Twilight looked to Dusk, who was looking at her. They both took several steps closer, the distance being reduced to a fraction as the two ship bows almost touched.

“I’d appreciate an explanation for this.” Both of them said; their timing slightly out of sync. Both ponies took another few steps forward, closing the gap further. “What did you mean by cargo of incalculable value?” Both asked each other. Twilight took another few steps, noticing Dusk was taking a second longer than her to begin. Both of them stood at the tip of their ships.

“Will you answer me in a straight forward manner or will you persist with simply copying me?” Twilight asked; Dusk not making the same question.

“As far as I’m concerned I’m more entitled to this answer than you.” Dusk countered his ire raising. Both ponies’ eyes opened wider, and then narrowed into slits with matching grins of satisfaction.

“Ah-ha!” Both of them exclaimed. “You don’t always have the ability to copy me, do you?” Both ponies said in the same instant, only to grimace in disgust at the recommencing of the imitation. “Stop that right now and answer properly!” They yelled at each other before pointing accusing hooves at each other. When they touched they both fell back, writhing in pain. Twilight and Dusk broke out of the pain and glared daggers at each other. “Assaulting royalty is a capital offence!” They both cautioned. “You’re no royalty; you’re just a failed reflection spell!” They both shouted in exasperation. Twilight and Dusk stood up and walked back up to each other, glaring daggers.

“Captain, sail on!” Twilight shouted over her shoulder only to hear a scream filled with pain. She whipped around and saw her captain holding onto the wheel as the pain overcame all his senses. Reacting on instinct, Twilight started into a gallop towards the helm, only to stumble and fall in pain. Twilight looked with teary eyes and gritted teeth towards Dusk, who was slumped over the forward bow of his ship, obviously going through a lot of pain as well. Twilight inched her way back towards him, her body screaming out in agony. She hooked her hooves over the edge of her ship and pulled herself up, and immediately felt relief.

“Why are you doing that?” Dusk asked, tears streaming from his eyes as his pain subsided. Twilight shook her head.

“It isn’t me; I don’t know any instant pain spells.” She looked him in the eyes. “I don’t even know what’s happening, or why it’s happening.” She continued. “One of us needs to explain who they are really. Will you board my ship or will I board yours?” Twilight asked.

“Why does either of us need to board any other ship?” Dusk questioned, looking suspiciously at Twilight.

“Would you rather stay on separate boats? It’s usually customary to only have a table between talking ponies, if anything, instead of a gap that leads to water.” Twilight stated coolly. Dusk sighed before jumping over the gap with the aid of his wings.

“So, can you explain to me who exactly you are or do you want me to go first?” Twilight asked as she floated over a pair of stools and a barrel. Dusk sat down, thinking for a few seconds.

“I guess I’ll go first. My name is Prince Dusk Shine, Prince of Friendship, head of the Council of Friendship, former Element of Magic of the Elements of Harmony. Pupil of Prince….” Dusk said.

“Wait,” Twilight interjected before he could go any farther. “Prince of Friendship, Element of Magic; are you doing some mind reading spell?” Twilight asked suspiciously.

“No, I gained all those titles. Through actions or circumstances in the proper manner one obtains such titles.” Dusk replied. “Why do you ask?”

“My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle,” She began, “Princess of Friendship, head of the Council of Friendship, former Element of Magic, former librarian of Ponyville, where my castle is now. How are you so similar?” Twilight asked pointedly.

“I could ask you the same. As I see it, if anypony is using a mind reading spell, it’s you. I lived through all those things, lessons, experiences, adventures, and dangers.” Dusk retorted.


“How about your mentor? Mine was Princess Celestia.” Twilight stated, attempting to find some discrepancy.

“You got Solaris? No wonder, he would have tried to model his student after his brother’s during his banishment. He must have returned to your side at an earlier date than predicted and made you as close as he could, even mirroring my experiences of my late life with a bit of precognition.” Dusk responded.

“Solaris? He? I said Princess Celestia, who is a she.” Twilight retorted. “And she was not banished, that would be Luna as Nightmare Moon.”

“Who as whom? Solaris was banished as Solar Flare who let pride get to him so that he never wanted the sun to set again, keeping the moon down forever.” Dusk said, quite confused.

“Uh… no, that was Luna turned into Nightmare Moon who was envious of Celestia for receiving so much praise while she was basically left to side, and so never wanted the moon to set so that everypony would be forced to gaze upon it at all time and see the beauty she did.” Twilight retorted, as confused as Dusk.

“Well, we have something in opposition here. I was mentored by Prince Artemis, prince of the night who banished Solaris to the sun over a thousand years ago.” Dusk stated.

“Indeed, mine was Celestia, princess of sun who banished Luna to the moon over a thousand years ago.” Twilight concurred.

“So we aren’t exact copies of each other, but we do have our share of similarities.” Dusk stated. Twilight nodded in agreement.

“So what was this cargo you were looking for? Was it Solaris who was kidnapped mysteriously?” Twilight asked.

“No, it was Artemis; Solaris is still back in Canterlot giving whatever aid he can to the investigators.” Dusk replied. “I’m guessing by the question that your Princess Celestia was taken in a similar way?” Twilight nodded.

“Yes, she was kidnapped a few days ago. We had a recent lead pointing us in this direction.” Twilight replied.

“As did we; but if they came here, where are they? Shouldn’t they still be here or at least nearby?” Dusk asked. “If they were affected as we were, shouldn’t they be rather close?”

“Well, if you have the same type of mind as I you should be developing a theory about it right as I speak.” Twilight stated. Dusk thought for a second, and then smirked in satisfaction.

“Yes, I suppose you’re right, though we have limited evidence of it being true, so it’s more of a hypothesis.” Dusk replied, putting his hoof on the barrel.

“It’s the best we have at the moment. We don’t have any idea how this whole thing works.” Twilight responded, “Though we both probably have the same ideas.”

“Indeed, a mirror of actions and lives with reversed ponies. Who would’ve thought that all that was behind the wall of water?” Dusk admitted.

“The water was most likely just a barrier to keep ponies from crossing over…” Twilight commented. “But that begs the question.”

“Why.” Dusk finished. “Maybe it’s just because ponies were scarred of having two of one pony on one side. That would be rather confusing. Or maybe…”

“There was a very really danger presented. Maybe just being on the same side is a hazard.” Twilight ended. She looked to Dusk Shine with concern, “I think you know what I’m thinking.”

“Yeah, time to get to my ship.” Dusk stated, standing up from his barrel and went to jump back across, until he stopped. “But… how would we talk? We need to work this out and once I’m on my ship the reflective properties because active again to a certain extent, only fading a bit.”

“We’d be unable to communicate…” Twilight summarized. She thought for a few seconds, and then came up with a solution. She quickly scribbled an order on a piece of paper, and then another on a different piece. She levitated on over to Dusk. “Give this to your captain and tell him to obey it.” Dusk nodded and took the piece of paper in his magic, which was same color as Twilight’s. He jumped over and looked to Twilight one last time, both of them nodding before walking towards each captain’s. Twilight gave the captain the piece of paper, the captain looking over it.

“Obey the order.” Twilight said simply. The captain sighed before turning the wheel slowly while giving another whistle of a different variation. The ship began to sail away from the other. A collective scream sounded out from both ships. Slowly the ships drifted forward, Twilight looking through her tears at the other ship, which was sailing towards them, the front oars being the only ones rowing, each row behind it slowly starting up.

“Ma’am, why am I feeling all this pain?” Galleon asked in agony. Twilight put a hoof on his shoulder, gritting her teeth against her own pain.

“You’re breaking the reflection. Your body was tied to another, but now you’re working against it.” Twilight replied. “Your other is currently sailing her ship behind ours.” She said as half of each ship’s rowers were putting their strength into making their ships inch forward. “Don’t worry, it will be over soon enough, we just have to have both halves on the same side.”

“I certainly hope so, your majesty. I… I don’t think I can handle all this pain for much longer.” Galleon admitted to her. Twilight gave a strained laugh before looking back towards the ship behind them that was still chugging along, three quarters of her crew broken out of their pain.

“Don’t worry, any second now you’ll be released.” Twilight strained as she began to help the captain into a position closer to the front, trying to ease his pain faster. Suddenly, the pain was lifted, letting her breath once again. She looked to the weakened captain. “Alright, you can tell everypony to rest, they’ll need it.”

“Aye, your majesty, yours truly included.” Galleon admitted as he got up and gave another whistled, the rowers immediately stopping. The ship stopped, everypony on it giving a sigh of relief. Twilight looked over towards Dusk’s ship that slowly inched up beside them. Dusk walked up to the plank that extended from his ship towards hers.

“Mind extending the same courtesy? We both know we have earth ponies and unicorns on our ships.” Dusk asked as he walked across the length of his plank. Twilight nodded and hurried down to the main deck. She quickly found the extending mechanism, which she activated, the plank extending towards Dusk, though it was off by a meter or so. Dusk motioned to his captain, who was still at the wheel. Their ships slowly aligned, the planks lining up almost perfectly. Dusk walked over and joined Twilight on her ship.

“Welcome aboard, Prince.” Twilight said with a grin, watching Dusk’s reaction, which was a slight cringe, barely noticeable, just as she had attempted.

“Please, tell me don’t tell me you’re already comfortable with everypony doing that to you.” Dusk groaned. Twilight giggled at the new found companion in her unease; Dusk eventually joined in with his deep chuckle.

“Well, chalk that one up as another similarity.” Twilight said, suppressing her giggles. Dusk nodded as he cleared his throat. “So, I’m supposing that you brought the rest of your friends?” Twilight asked hopefully.

“You know I did because you did. You could write my biography with accuracy probably greater than any other… then again… at that point; wouldn’t it be counted as an autobiography?” Dusk questioned. Twilight simply shrugged, unsure herself.

“Either way, I think we might need to introduce them before they go jumping to conclusions.” Twilight stated, with the sound of hatches slamming against the deck as two blue pegasi with rainbow manes shot up into the sky and scanned the decks for their lavender friends. “Speaking of which…” The two pegasi shot like meteors down and knocked their friends to the side, intending to face down their friends doppelganger, only to face their own.

“Twilight, what is this thing?” Rainbow Dash asked, her counterpart saying Dusk instead. “Is this part of what caused the pain a moment ago?” They both asked in the same instant, as if the mirror were still between them. Both lavender alicorns walked up beside their friends and placed a hoof on their shoulders.

“Look, Rainbow,” They both began only to look at each other in slight surprise. “Also called Rainbow, huh?” They both asked, only nodding in reply to each other, not wanting to continue the repetitious speech patterns. “Look, Rainbow, they’re friends.” They explained to their hotheaded friends.

“This is Prince Dusk Shine,” Twilight introduced Rainbow Dash, “And this is my friend Rainbow Dash.” She then motioned to Dusk.

“And this is Princess Twilight Sparkle and this is my friend Rainbow Blitz.” Dusk explained. “Dash, huh? Slight differences can be expected in names then.” Dusk said to Twilight.

“Yes, I think that’s what we can expect from this.” Twilight confirmed. “Um, Rainbow, would you mind getting the other girls?” Twilight asked her friend. Both Rainbows stayed in their locked stares.

“Rainbow Blitz, can you do the same for the guys?” Dusk asked politely, neither Rainbow moving an inch from their locked gazes.

“How long?” Rainbow Dash asked simply to her male counterpart, who grinned at her.

“Twelve seconds flat.” He stated simply, his grin growing expectantly.

“Ten seconds, got you by two.” Dash counter before bolting away towards the open hatch to gather her friends leaving Blitz slamming his hoof into the deck before pushing off the deck and zooming back to his ship and down his ship’s hatch, accomplishing the same goal as his counterpart. Twilight looked at Dusk, who simply shrugged.

“Some things never change in any version of things,” He explained, “Though it would seem two seconds can make all the difference to certain ponies.” He sighed. Slowly, five ponies and a small dragon emerged from either ship, coming out rather hesitantly, except for one blue pegasus who had found out she was faster that her counterpart.

“See, I told you, two of Twilight, except the other is a guy.” Rainbow Dash pointed out, everypony looking at the two lavender alicorns, who simply smiled at each other.

“Well, here we are everypony.” Rainbow Blitz said to his friends as they hopped off the plank and onto the ship.

“This is Twilight Sparkle,” Dusk began, “If you would start, please.” Dusk asked. Twilight nodded and walked over to the first pony and began to walk down the line.

“Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Spike, this is Dusk Shine, and his friends are...” She motioned to Dusk who nodded and did the same.

“This is Elusive, Applejack, Bubble Berry, Rainbow Blitz, Butterscotch, and Spines.” Dusk returned. “Now, if you all would head over to the royal lounge we can let the questions and discussions begin. Twilight and I doubtlessly have something to tell our captains.” Dusk declared, Twilight nodding in agreement.

“Just tell her to follow our ship and we’ll enter our port. I think you know what I’m thinking right now.” Twilight stated.

“Yeah,” Dusk agreed with a nod, “No way to follow those ships without knowing which side they took.” Dusk said before jumpy onto the plank and walking across to his ship where his captain sat at the wheel resting a bit. Twilight turned the two groups of friends that still sat gapping at each other, except, of course, for the blue pair that were swapping stats and accomplishments.

“Head on over to the royal lounge, Dusk and I will meet you there.” Twilight said one more time before starting for the captain’s quarters which was up on flight of stairs, just below the helm. She turned to watch the ponies walk up to the door below her and enter the lounge, still in silence except for the two Rainbows. She nodded and knocked on the captain’s door before entering. Galleon was inside, an icepack laid across his forehead.

“Oh, hello, your majesty. How’s the crew fairing?” He asked as he sat up in his bed, using one hoof to hold the icepack to his brow, giving a low groan as he gained yet another headache from standing up. “I’ll tell you what, if that had kept going for a few more minutes I probably would’ve been done for.”

“I think you would’ve been in quite the same condition as you are now. I doubt it’s the type of pain that kills a pony.” Twilight stated. “But, that can be saved for another time. Captain, I need you to tell the crew to set sail for port, and after that you can rest as long as you can.” Galleon groan a bit as he tossed his ice bag into a bucket that had several others in it.

“I know we should head on back home, we only have supplies for about two days sailing and I rather have extras and rest at home than rest here and cut it close.” Galleon stated. “I’ll get the crew rounded up and back to work.” He said as he walked out the door. “Join me at the helm, your majesty?” Galleon asked before opening it.

“No, I have a meeting to attend with the commander of the other vessel.” Twilight replied with a shake of her head.

“Of course, you need to talk to… him.” Galleon replied before opening the door while shaking his head as another headache struck at the memory. Twilight walked out behind him and closed the door before walking downstairs, Dusk trotting up behind her quickly.

“I suppose we don’t want either of our crew knowing about… well,” Dusk began, motioning towards the door. Twilight shook her head, knowing what he was going for since the same thought was in her mind. “Ladies first?” Dusk said motioning to the door.

“It’s funny that in some way you are saying that to yourself.” Twilight giggled. “At least it’s good to know that as a guy I’d be a gentlecolt.” She commented, watching as Dusk chuckled with her in a more awkward way. Twilight finally entered through the door, finding it weird to see her magic’s aura around the door when her horn wasn’t even active, only to realize it was Dusk, a fact that would take her a bit of time to get used to.

Inside the room the ponies were conversing pleasantly, comparing notes. Twilight and Dusk sat at different sides of a small coffee table that had a kettle of tea with some cups and a container of sugar cubes.

“Two cubes of sugar?” Dusk asked Twilight, who nodded in return. Dusk poured both of them some tea at plopped the sugar into each cup and gave them both a brisk stir before giving Twilight her cup. They both tilted their cups to each other before taking a small sip and setting them down in perfect synchronization. Both of them broke out into laughter.

“You really are just like me.” Twilight said through her giggles. Dusked levitated his cup back to his lips and finished off the cup before setting it back down.

“I thought we had come to that conclusion before this point.” Dusk said. “Then again we both were keeping ourselves on alert in case the statuesque changed.” Twilight nodded before finishing off her tea and leaning back in her chair with a smile, before it faded from her features, the mood between the alicorns changing completely.

“Now we have two very important ponies are missing.” Twilight stated soberly. “Both of our mentors are gone by originations that have the same goals.”

“Yes, but how did they even get to this point?” Dusk asked. “There would have to be some knowledge of that there was something on the other side. Otherwise, why would they go to such lengths to remove this wall for some simple intrigue?”

“Both leaders would have to know of the other side somehow. The question would be how, but we still don’t even have how.” Twilight stated.

“I’d suggest getting back to Canterlot for further investigation,” Dusk stated “We don’t know anything as of yet that really says anything special except they bought chains from the gryphon and also purchased a boat in the port on the other side of Equestria that was barely large enough to carry anything except ponies wanting to go on a cruise around the coast for a few days.” Twilight nodded.

“Once we have something on their personal lives we might be able to actually make some estimation of what they are trying.” Twilight continued.

“We can see if that pony that was arrested at the port has anything to say. They might have been more than just a bribed third party to this whole shenanigan.” Dusk said.

“I’m good, aren’t I?” Twilight asked Dusk, who gave a nod and a smile. “So, any other points we need to cover?” She asked.

“How we are going to explain me and the fact we are binging ponies of the opposite gender that look exactly like famous ponies and common workers to port.” Dusk said.

“Yes, and if we’re right there are some effects if the other side of a pony can’t mirror and action, so they’ll have to be quarantined in a sense from all others.” Twilight pondered. “I suppose we could have our crew stay at the ready to sail, I’d rather now tell them that they are carrying some sort of deadly disease.”

“I carry that motion, but we’d need to work quickly… but then anypony we talk to will also be affected.” Dusk stated.

“True… we can only talk to those who have also broken the mirror.” Twilight said. “That means none of us can actually contact anypony without causing pain for both sides.”

“Maybe the… princess can help.” Dusk suggested. “She probably could counteract the mirror, maybe even cast a spell to destroy it.”

“Maybe, we’ll just have to see I suppose.” Twilight looked over to the five ponies and dragon that were talking with their counterparts, each looking quite intrigued with their alternate version. “At least they all seem to be getting along quite nicely for only having just met each other.”

“I’d suppose it does help to have somepony ease you into it. We didn’t know what to expect so we kept on high alert.” Dusk commented as he poured some more tea for himself and Twilight and did the same actions he did before with the sugar before taking a sip.

“There is one thing on my mind though.” Twilight stated. Dusk turned to look at her. “If there is a mirror, that means there is a prime and a copy.”

“So you’re wondering which one of us is the original and which is just the disjointed refection?” Dusk surmised before taking another sip from his tea cup. Twilight nodded, looking down at her cup of tea, not entirely sure how to feel.

“I know it’s foalish to what to know that I’m the prime or the copy, but it just keeps nagging at me.” She replied as she swirled the tea around in her cup.

“It’s not foalish, Twilight. You’re really just concerned about your friends and how’d they take it, much like I am concerned about mine.” Dusk calmed her fears. “And as for who’s prime and who’s the copy… well, I’d say that each of us are pretty much as real as it gets.” Dusk finished.

“Thank you.” Twilight said with a smile.

“I guess I really do get depressed over the details at certain times.” Dusk thought out loud. “Well, it’s an interesting experience to give council to myself.” He commented, settling back into his chair.

“I suppose it would be. So, what’s your… sister’s name?” Twilight asked; gaining her a look of slight confusion from Dusk, until he finally understood what she was doing.

“Gleaming Armor,” Dusk replied, swirling his tea a bit. “And your… brother’s name is?”

“Shining Armor,” Twilight responded, “I see that certain names don’t change much between worlds.” Twilight observed as she finished her cup of tea and set the cup down on the tray.

“I suppose it depends on the pony and the name itself. Armor in both of our siblings names’ is aimed towards the guard carriers, much like how Applejack’s name didn’t change between us, being as their name is suitable for both mares and stallions.” Dusk mused. “What other names might be suitable for both versions…” He pondered.

“What about mom and dad’s names, what are they?” Twilight asked. “I suppose they switched places for us.”

“Well, my father is Dusk Satin and my mom is Night Light.” Dusk stated, finishing his tea as well. “Don’t tell me yours, let me guess. Your mom is Twilight… Plush and then your father’s name would be… hmm… I’d say it’s probably Night Lamp.” Dusk wagered.

“Close, but not quite. It’s Twilight Velvet and my father is Night Light, yet another case of exact names.” Twilight commented. “What’s the name of you dragon?”

“Spines; and I think she and your dragon are getting along quite nicely, though I’d wager they wouldn’t admit it in the presence of Elusive and… what was it again? Uncommon?” Dusk asked, a slight blush touching his cheeks.

“Her name is Rarity. My dragon’s name is Spike.” Twilight replied.

“Yes, I remember that from the line up… although I guess certain other names didn’t stick, just like you had trouble with Spines.” Dusk explained, “It isn’t too hard to imagine for either of us to forget names you only really heard once.” Twilight nodded and looked towards the other ponies, still engulfed in each other’s conversations.

“It’s good to give them a break; they’ve already been quite a lot over the last few days.” Twilight commented. “It’s only going to get worse.”

“Aye, now that we have two royals to look for that are with a bunch of fanatics that we still have no idea how to find.” Dusk said, his tone matching Twilight’s melancholy one. “First things first though, we need to get back in port and gather some more evidence.”

“Until then we might as well enjoy the company, hmm?” Twilight asked, Dusk replying in a nod.



Sire and his mare counterpart, Majesty, walked out of their ship, side by side, their ponies behind them, a cart carrying supplies and two important ponies that were stuffed under said supplies.

“I suppose you guessed as I did for my brother that they’ve found your sister out already?” Sire asked as they took their first few steps onto dry land.

“Aye, and now we must deal with some of those Royal Guards that are marching over here.” Majesty said in the same flat expression as Sire.

“Unfortunately I only brought half an army.” Sire replied cheekily, gaining a grin from Majesty, which put a grin on his snout.

“Fortunately I brought the other half.” Majesty said as she flipped her hood up in perfect synchronization with Sire.

“Halt, you are under mandate to be searched by the royal guard, do you comply?” The head sergeant, a mare, asked in a tone that more implied a chance to fess up than a choice of whether they wanted searched or not.

“What do you say, Sire, shall we let them search our goods?” Majesty asked, turning her cloaked head towards the stallion.

“We carry cargo so precious, I don’t want anypony’s hooves touching it.” Sire replied, his nearly visible snout wearing a haughty smirk.

“Guards,” Both ponies shouted, “Show Equestria’s finest a good time!” The white coated and red maned soldiers burst past their two leaders. The Royal Guard detachment formed a quick semicircle and lifted their spears, only to fall in pain at doing so.

“I’m surprised it took that much to make them break reflection.” Sire commented, “I thought speaking to them would have done it, but I guess sometime the mirror breaking takes a few seconds to take effect.”

“Yes, it is possible, since we don’t have full knowledge of its complete range of effects.” Majesty nodded, “Perhaps it will allow our passengers to feels better for a bit longer than we had hoped.” She turned to her guards who were tying up the Royal Guards. “Should we really do that, it’ll show on the other side, and no matter what side the royals take they’ll find out about it.”

“Why not, it will take care of them, unless you want to take the chance that they might work past the reflection’s effects and act against us.” Sire commented, “I rather incapacitate two detachments of guards until we’re far away enough that it wouldn’t matter.” He said as he walked up to the guards. “Keep two guards here, cut them loose when we’re out of sight, after that make way to point Zeta Alpha two.” Two guards of the mix nodded and stood beside the restrained bundle of guards.

“You… won’t get away… with this.” The sergeant groaned, fighting against the pain of the broken reflection. Sire and Majesty looked towards her, and then at each other, and then back at her.

“Just to prove how exactly we will…” Sire began,

“We’ll take you with us, as an observer...” Majesty continued.

“And to see the effect of a broken reflection that continues for an extended amount of time.” Sire finished, his smirk developed into a full on smile.

“Separate her from her group; she’ll be our new traveling partner.” Majesty ordered another one of her troops, who gave a salute and removed the sergeant and tied her up in another measure of chain. “Now, let us make haste, we don’t know how long we have before the royals find out about our plan.”

“Indeed,” Sire agreed, “Let’s get going, time is of the essence in this situation.” Sire then turned. “It’s this way if I remember correctly.”

“Aye, the ponies should be arriving by now.” Majesty replied, starting into a trot, leading the way, Sire quickly joining her, step for step. “We’ll have the first reflection breakers, and soon our migration shall have everypony sharing the peace and completeness that they were born to have.”

“Our plans our coming to fruition, but it all depends on our speaker being there at the right time.” Sire commented.

“Do not worry, you and I both share the confidence that this pony shall be there at the appointed time.” Majesty comforted. Sire kept his expression flat as they walked along. The group finally arrived at their destination, being a platform where multiple ponies were gathered. A pony walked up onto stage as Sire and Majesty took their group of guards and entered a rather decrepit building, quite unnoticed as the ponies of the crowd focused their attention on the pony on stage.

“Well, the pony’s here, they better not do the speech wrong or they will be treated to the same as the sergeant, and worse.” Sire hissed.

“If they do, they’ll have to deal with both of us.” Majesty stated. “Now, let’s listen and judge how well they do under stress.” Majesty directed the ponies around her to the stage as the pony stood behind the pulpit.

“Ponies of Equestria, thank you for coming here today for this most important of occasions.” The pegasus mare began, her voice’s volume increased by a unicorn that stood at the back of the crowd.

“So far, so good. If they keep it up we’ll have everypony join that’s here and soon have everypony else follow their steps.” Sire stated. Majesty nodded, her ears tilted in the pony’s direction as they spoke.

“Today a most wonderful, and dare I say it, earth shattering, has occurred while you were yet unawares.” The pony continued. “Anypony among you who has sailed will know that there is a wall of water that rises to the heavens, so high no pegasus can rise above it, so low that now spell can keep a pony safe while descending, so far on either side that none can go around it. This wall, ladies and gentlecolts, has finally fallen, and today, we offer to you a ride to the…” The pony stammered as a shot of pain went through her.

“The reflection is starting to break, the speeches have diverged.” Majesty summarized, “The secondary pony should be able to pick it up if necessary.”

“We offer to you… a… a ride to the other side.” The pegasus struggled. “We ask only for… a… small amount of coin to help pay for… certain cost that this… voyage entails.” The pony said finally, pausing a few seconds to gather herself. As she took a breath to start again, several ponies in the crowd began to fall to the pain as well, causing many of the ponies to look very concerned. “This pain that you feel… is caused by… the reuniting of the two halves…” The pony said, skipping past several paragraphs, “If you come on this… this voyage, you will be guaranteed to… to recover by the halfway point of the… trip.”

“I believe it’s going quite well, don’t you?” Sire commented. Majesty smirked and nodded as the speech continued.

“So who will be the first pony, the first… to… see the other side of this world… the… the side we were denied… all those… years ago?” The pony continued, scanning the crowd of pony who were all grimacing at him as they attempted to focus through the pain and pay attention to the pony. Slowly, two stallions came forward.

“We’ll go, if it means we… won’t have to deal with this pain.” The one said to the pegasus, who nodded in return.

“My… associates will tell you the fee when you are at the ship, the… guards will lead you… and your friend to the ship.” The pegasus stated, still struggling past the pain.

“You three,” Majesty said, motioning to certain ponies, “Get your reflections and guide those ponies to the boats.” The guards nodded, quickly gathering their counterparts before walking out and presenting themselves before the two passengers.

“Any other ponies… wish to go now? The price is reduced by half for today only… as a special occasion for the… opening of the second half.” The pegasus continued, gaining the attention of ten more ponies who stepped forward.

“I certainly hope we have food for each of these ponies.” Majesty murmured. Sire looked towards the ship, but more specifically at the guards who were loading the ships with crates upon crates of necessities.

“My only concern is the space left after taking care of that problem. I don’t know if we’ll have sufficient room for everypony’s luggage. Besides, most everypony won’t eat until the halfway point of the journey will take care of any doubts about food.” Sire replied.

“Indeed, I almost forgot about the cargo we’re loading as we speak, perhaps I ought to work over the plan again.” Majesty stated.

“The ships will be… leaving in a few minutes, does anypony else… desire to go on the first voyage of our noble ships?” The pegasus mare asked one last time, several more ponies walking forward slowly, inching through the pain. The final number of ponies that slowly made their way onto the boat was seventy-seven, each pony simply deciding to take a cushion on the edge of the boat, believing that at any moment they might need to lean over the edge and let their last meal enter the water.

“Well, I’d say this was a good venture.” Sire commented, “For a first trip over I’d say we did well.” Majesty nodded in agreement as they walked out of their spot and towards the boats, past the group of tied up guards, the two guards of theirs, who were reflections of each other, stood in alert around them.

“I’ll… make it back… stay tight, and don’t… give up.” The sergeant wheezed as she was dragged away to the boat. Sire and Majesty looked at each other, and then both of them smirked.

“Don’t worry, my good soldier,” Majesty stated, her smirk growing into a smile. “You won’t be leaving them.” The sergeant’s eye widened.

“Sling her over the dock and let the good pony feel water, but don’t drown it.” Sire continued. Several guards nodded and hurried over to the broken pony, adjusting her chains so that they were only around her legs and chest before dragging her over to the edge of the pier before shoving her off and wrapping the loose end of the chain around a post.

“I do hope that the fished were fed today, or else we might only have half a pony left when we return.” Majesty commented.

“Indeed, that would be a terrible shame, wouldn’t it?” Sire replied. “But perhaps we shall just have to wait to find out.”

“Quite, we’ll just have to wait for when we return.” Majesty affirmed, “After all, these ponies have paid and require the services we promised to them before they paid.”

“Sire, Majesty, we are ready to shove off when you say.” A guard said. Both ponies nodded and walked to the boats, members of their orders taking the positions of the sailors that were removed before the last journey’s finish. Sire went to his boat while Majesty took to her ship.

“Set sail, ponies, we have a journey worth the centuries before us!” Both leaders commanded, the ponies on each ship quickly responding and making the last adjustments to the ships. Slowly, both ships inched out of port, leaving the one half behind and heading to the next.