• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 5,595 Views, 84 Comments

I'm Afraid I Haven't Told You Everything... - Teyeson Bee



Celestia tells the Mane Six about the true story behind her and Discord's mysterious past, and how they were once the best of friends.

  • ...
6
 84
 5,595

Celestia vs Discord

No words could describe how I felt. Discord had truly returned, but he seemed so different. He had gotten taller and grew a white beard, but the biggest change was his expression. As he stood there, laughing maniacally in front of me, I saw a trace of...insanity in his eyes. It was truly terrifying. I didn't know what to say about it. What WAS I supposed to say? I just stood there, frozen as a tidal wave of emotions flooded through me.

"You should see your face Lestia!" Discord gasped in between laughs. "Oh if only I had remembered my camera! It's a regular Kodak moment, isn't it?"

After realizing that he was waiting for me to speak, I snapped out of my trance and was able to talk. Though I didn't know what to say? What would you say to somepony who had been gone 100 years and suddenly came back? Finally, I found my words, and with a trembling voice, I said, "D-D-Discord? I-Is it really you?"

"No. It's John de Lanci," Discord sarcastically responded. "Of course it's me Lestia! What's wrong? Not expecting me? I would've called ahead of time, but I just LOVE surprises instead! Don't you?" He laughed again and snapped his fingers, turning a nearby dandelion into a REAL lion with green, leaf-like legs that started to chase other animals around. "By the way," he snickered, not taking an eye off of me, "how do you like my handy work?"

I looked around at the rising mayhem that surrounded us as my thoughts and emotions continued to race. "Y-You did this?" I asked, still quivering.

"Yep! It's something isn't it?" he responded. "Comes a long way from making cotton candy clouds eh? Which reminds me." He snapped his fingers again, and in an instant, pink clouds covered the entire sky. "I've been working REALLY hard to perfect my techniques You don't know how hard it is to-"

"DISCORD!" I suddenly snapped, all thoughts of what was going on finally coming together for me to actually start a real conversation. Discord stopped and looked at me with his unfazed smile. "I don't understand. Why are you doing all of this?"

Discord smiled even wider. "I'm glad you ask Lestia! You see, I've been thinking for a while. I mean, I had 100 years worth of thinking. I was pondering one day about the meaning of my name. Do you know what it means Celestia?" I opened my mouth to answer, but Discord beat me to it. "Disharmony. But what does disharmony mean? I looked up the word in a dictionary and found some classy words that go with disharmony. Havoc, calamity, and mayhem. All were good, but there was one word that really caught my attention; Chaos. I liked the sound of it. I decided that since I wasn't doing anything at the moment, I would make a new goal for myself. Do you know what that goal was?" I was almost too afraid to ask. "To show the world what chaos can do! I spent the last 100 years training in my abilities, all to cover the world in chaos and then rule over it! Something I realize that I was BORN to do!" Discord let out a sinister chuckle as he gazed at the landscapes around us. "My first order of business was to take care of a certain old unicorn who had caused me much grief." My eyes grew wide. I didn't have to ask who he meant.

"What had you done to Royal Scroll?" I asked.

"Let's just say that the old coot is keeping the flying badgers in the 5th dimension company," Discord chuckled. I instantly shut my mouth. By the way he was saying that, I somehow knew he wasn't kidding! If Discord could send ponies to other dimensions, even back then, then what could he...I shuddered just thinking about it.

"Of course," Discord continued, "I soon realized that I couldn't rule the world until I impeached the current ruler, so here I am!" Discord then struck a triumphant pose, as if he was proud of his decision. The horrid thing about it was I sensed no sign of him joking. He was absolutely serious, no matter how crazy he acted.

"And besides," he continued, looking at me with a smug grin, "what better place to make the chaos capital of the world than in the place where it all began?" With another sinister chuckle, he snapped his fingers again and small fireworks started going off around him, and thunderous applause was heard out of nowhere.

I couldn't take it anymore. All of my thoughts had finally worn themselves out and I just couldn't listen anymore. This wasn't the Discord I remembered.

"DISCORD!" I snapped. The applause was cut to silence as he looked at me. "This isn't you!"

"Oh no?" he asked.

"No! The Discord I knew would never act this way! You're acting like a...like a..."

"A monster?"

That was when my heart completely stopped for a second. The mention of that one word brought back the horrible memories. The last thing I truly said to him. My face froze as the painful remembrance flooded back into my mind, along with the pain I had saying it. From the corner of my eye, I could see Luna looking from the outside of the force field. I could tell by her face that she could hear every word that was being said. Discord just looked at me, his eyes narrowing and his once cocky smile sunk into a frown. "Did you really think that I've forgotten about that?" he asked bluntly.

"Discord," I said softly. "Is that what this is about? Causing all of this...this mayhem? Messing with the balance of nature? Threatening Luna?"

"Threatening Luna?" he asked, sounding mockingly appalled. "Did you really think I was seriously going to do something to Luna? Celestia, I may be a monster, but I'm not heartless!"

"Discord, you're not a-"

"DON'T SAY IT!" Discord suddenly snapped, making me jump with fright in the process, only to have his tone return to a sinister mocking. "The only reason I threatened Luna was to get to you!"

"For me? Why?"

"It's like I said before Celestia," he said as he circled around me. "I can't rule over this world until I've impeached the leader. That's you." My mind went into shock as my eyes widened. Was he saying what I thought he was saying? "Now, I can give you two choices. Either you step down as ruler, or...we fight for the title."

My eyes grew wide as my heart stopped for a second. What was once my greatest friend I ever had was now challenging me to a fight for the authority over the kingdom. No words could express how terrified I felt. How could I bring myself to fight Discord? Even with him acting the way he did, I didn't want to believe that he had completely changed. "Discord," I said sternly. "I will NOT fight you!"

"Oh ok!" he said happily. He then snapped his fingers and a piece of paper appeared along with a levitating quill and ink vial. Discord levitated the paper towards me as the quill dipped into the ink a few times before also levitating to me. On the paper, in big, bold letters, it read Authority over Equestria. "If you just sign here," Discord continued as he pointed to the line at the bottom of the page, "you can sign the kingdom over to me. Easy peasie!"

"I-I can't do that either!" I hastily replied, resulting in Discord looking at me with a raised eyebrow. "I just can't hand the kingdom over to you! It's my responsibility, and you're not...you Discord!"

Discord looked at me for a few seconds, like he was pondering, before making the contract, quill, and ink disappear and smiling sinisterly. "Very well. If that won't be the case, then you know what has to be done!" Then, with another snap of his fingers, I found myself in what seemed like a fighting ring. I looked around, confused and horrified by the sudden scenery change, until I saw a miniature Discord wearing a black and white striped shirt appear in the center of the ring.

"FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS!" the creature announced as he pointed to the corner opposite of Celestia. "In THIS corner, the most powerful entity of Equestria! The being of chaos! IIIIIIIIIIT'S DISCOOOOOOORD!" Suddenly, the sound of a roaring crowd rang out around me as Discord appeared at the corner, waving and blowing kisses. "And in this corner," the mini Discord continued as it pointed towards me, "the ruler of Equestria and the Princess of the sun; CELESTIA!" A wave of boos followed as the creature called my name. I just stood there in complete silence and utter confusion. Then, with a loud shout, the mini Discord shouted with all its might, "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!"

In a flash of light, the ring was gone, and Discord and I were back where we were before. I had no idea what that was about, but I was thinking that it was Discord's own way of saying that I had to fight him. "Alright Celestia," Discord said as he put up his fists. "Put 'em up! C'mon! Give me your best shot!" He floated around me several times, still with his fists up and taking a few occasional jabs towards me, but I would not move. I would not fight my friend, no matter how different he was acting. After a while, Discord got bored and stopped in front of me. "C'mon Lestia!" he said in a whiny voice. "I've got chaos to create! Let's rumble!"

"NO!"

Discord straightened up as soon as I shouted. I had to get his attention somehow and let him know that this wasn't a game to me. And if I had to shout at him to do it, then so be it. "I will not fight you Discord!" I repeated. "Please! We can talk about this. Let's just sit down and-"

"The time for talking is over!" Discord retorted gruffly. He then looked around until his eyes spotted Luna, still outside the force field. As soon as he saw her, he turned back to me, and his mouth was curled into a sinister smile. I knew that THAT smile could not lead to good things. "If you won't fight me on your own accord," he said menacingly, "then I'll need to give you some encouragement." Then, before I could ask what he was planning, Discord snapped his fingers again. There was another blinding flash of white, and when I opened my eyes and looked forward, my stomach dropped and all the blood drained from my head in horror.

Discord was holding Luna, confined in the air by magic binds, and hovering a small dagger next to her heart.

"NO!" I shouted instantly. "I thought you said you wouldn't hurt Luna! You're not heartless remember?"

Discord just chuckled sinisterly. "I also said that the only reason I threatened her was to get to you. Well," he hovered the dagger closer to Luna, "I'm going to get to you, one way or another. You choose Lestia!"

I stood there, millions of thoughts racing through my mind, with my eyes glued to Discord and my sister. I felt twinges of fear for my sister's life, grief at the sight of Discord completely changed, and rage for the urge to give in and fight my greatest friend. I didn't know what to do! I quickly ran the possibilities in my head as I looked from Discord to Luna. If I gave in and fought, I would ruin any chances of trying to get through to Discord. If I didn't fight, there was the slight possibility that he would hurt Luna. But would he really do it? Had Discord really changed for the worse? Was I really going to risk finding out? These questions and more buzzed through my head. I didn't want to fight. I didn't want Luna to get hurt. I JUST WANTED MY FRIEND BACK!

"Time's up!" Discord suddenly said as he raised the dagger. My eyes quickly shot to Luna, who was looking at me, her eyes filled with tears. As I watched the dagger start to descend upon my sister, my instincts kicked in, and with tears forming in my own eyes, I charged full-speed at Discord, my horn beginning to glow. Discord noticed this, and when he saw me charging, his smile widened as he tossed the dagger and Luna aside and faced me.

"Finally." he mumbled.

My first shot fired towards Discord's face, but he easily dodged by tearing his head in two, reassembling it after the shot passed through. I prepared to fire again, but Discord got to me first. He snapped his fingers, and before I knew it, I had fallen over. I looked down at my hooves and noticed that he had glued them together. He looked down at me, grinning with pride, before a shout rang out.

"SISTER!!!"

We both looked in the same direction to see Luna charging towards Discord with her own horn glowing. My fear kicked in again. "NO LUNA! DON'T INTERFERE!"

"No!" Discord said as he dodged Luna's blasts. "This is brilliant!" With another snap of his fingers, Discord was replaced with a brick wall, which Luna ran into. He then appeared again, sitting on the wall and laughing. "Of course I'd have to defeat BOTH princesses! Have to tie up ALL loose ends right? C'mon Lulu! Let's see what you got!"

"Don't. Call. Me. LULU!" Luna shouted as she shot at the wall, making it turn to a pile of rubble. Discord just shook off the dust and dodged again as Luna shot another blasts at his torso.

"Oh c'mon Lulu!" Discord scoffed. "Don't get your horn in a knot!" He laughed as he literally tied Luna's horn in a knot. Luna tried to undo it with magic, but the knot effectively blocked her magic usage, and she was powerless. Finding my strength again, I undid the glue to my legs and shot another blast at Luna, unwinding her horn. Discord turned to me and pouted. "You're such a party-pooper Lestia!"

"I don't want to fight Discord," I said, "but if I must to get through to you, then so be it!" Summoning up a large sum of magic, I then shot a powerful beam right at Discord, and for a second, it almost seemed to hit him, but then I noticed that he had summoned an umbrella, and used it to block the attack.

"Did someone leave a window open?" Discord asked mockingly. "I thought I felt a draft. Here, what do YOU think?" He then whipped the beam back at me and knocked me square in the torso. I staggered back, gasping for air as I looked to see Luna soaring up and trying to dive bomb him, but once again, Discord was too quick. He dodged the attack, dressing up like a bullfighter and mocking Luna with a red cape in the process, and Luna hit the ground with great velocity. I quickly regained my breathing and ran over to her to see if she was OK. Besides a few bruises, she seemed fine, but that still didn't help our situation. The battle went on for several minutes, which consisted of us just trying to land a hit on Discord. Our efforts were for naught. Discord was successfully able to dodge, block, and parry all of our attacks, and with each of our attacks, he had much more effective ones. Tying our wings together, wrapping us up in our own tails, Discord continued to toy with us, and didn't even break a sweat. He didn't even stop cracking jokes and laughing. After a while, I realized that he really WAS just toying with us. He really DID possess the power to do anything, and if he put all of his might into attacking...it made me terrified just thinking about it.

After what seemed like 10 minutes of getting our flanks handed to us, Luna and I stood, though we could barely stand, in front of Discord, huffing and wheezing with exhaustion. Our coats were ruffled and bruised, our manes were dirtied, but we still stood.

"Had enough?" Discord asked smugly. I looked to my sister, who looked even more exhausted than I, and looked back at Discord. I just couldn't stop to believe it. I couldn't believe, not even as we were fighting, that the Discord I knew was gone. He HAD to be somewhere in the maniac that stood before us. I thought that I could beat it out of him, but that was worthless. The only thing I could think to do was to talk to him. Try and appeal to his old nature one last time. Gathering all of my energy, I slowly walked towards him. Luna tried to stop me, but I pushed her back. I stopped, inches in front of my old friend, and I sighed heavily.

"Discord," I said softly, "when will this end?" Discord's smile faded a bit as I spoke. "You have proven that you are quite strong. You can use your power to help so many, but instead you use it for chaos. I can help you make a better living." I walked closer and placed a hoof on his claw. "I can truly help you, so that things can be as they once were. You can be the Discord I knew from-"

"THAT DISCORD IS DEAD!!" he suddenly shouted as he slapped my hoof away. I stumbled back in fear as he leaned over me, a fit of rage filling his eyes. "THAT DISCORD DIED WHEN YOU KILLED HIM!" Tears started to fill my eyes again as he continued to shout. As the memories of that night started to come back. "You KNEW that I wouldn't do anything to seriously hurt another pony. You KNEW that I was ready to do whatever it took to stay with you, even serving time. You SWORE that you would always be there for me! But when the time came for you to defend me, an innocent creature of circumstance, what did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?" He then leaned his face closer to mine, his eyes filled with rage and hurt, as he whispered, "Nothing!"

"I didn't want things to go that way!" I retorted as my sight became blurry with my tears. "I didn't have a choice!"

"Didn't have a choice?" he asked through gritted teeth. "DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE? You were the PRINCESS! You could've defended me in an instant! You could've done WHATEVER YOU WANTED! But no! You couldn't find it in you to defend a MONSTER!" I then watched his claw raise in the air and come down onto me. My horn began to glow, but the shield was not enough to contain the furious might of the magical force across my face. My cheeks began to burn from the magic as I faced Discord again. Luna ran to my aid, but Discord contained her in another smaller force field as he continued to assault me with more magic swipes, each one more brutal than the next.

"Who was the one who promised to never leave me behind?" He asked as he continued his assault. "Who was the one who promised to never call me a monster?!" One after another, the blasts started to become too much for me. "WHO WAS THE ONE WHO BETRAYED ME WHEN I NEEDED HER THE MOST?!? YOU!!" With that last word shouted, I finally dropped, the strain of the blasts and my emotions finally getting the better of me. I heard my sister cry out my name, but I could barely see her. All I could see was Discord, standing before me with a furious grin on his face, looking down on the pitiful excuse for a princess of Equestria.

"But, none of that matters now," Discord said, regaining his sinister, mocking tone, "because now, I've proven that I am stronger than BOTH of you, and now," he then snapped his fingers, and a ball of magical energy was hovering in his palm, "I'm going to finish the job. Have to tie up loose ends remember?" As he raised the energy over my head, as Luna continued to cry my name, even as I lay there, broken and defeated, all I could think of was how I could fail my friend the way I did. At that moment, I felt that I deserved to die. I just turned away, closed my eyes, and waited for him to deal the final blow.




"Why?"

I opened my eyes as I heard his familiar voice. He didn't sound sinister. He didn't sound smug. It sounded like his voice was...quivering. Curious, I looked up to see that Discord, still holding the magic over as if he was going to strike, with his teeth gritted and tears streaming down his face.

"Why can't I do it?" he asked again as he stared me down. "You have caused my so much grief. I spent many nights in my lonely cave outside of the kingdom, crying myself to sleep. I spent so many days just wishing to see you again." As he spoke, I could feel my own tears coming again. I could hear his pain. 100 years of pain. "You don't know how many nights I spent, wishing I could come back, to be with you again, and for things to be as they once were."

"YES I DO!" I suddenly shouted as my tears streamed down my cheeks. "I felt the same way Discord!" His eyes widened at the remark as I continued. "I spent the exact same number of nights crying MYSELF to sleep, wishing you could come back. I wished every night that things could be as they once were!" The energy ball in Discord's palm disappeared as he lowered his arm, his tear-filled eyes not breaking contact with mine. "We CAN do it again Discord! We can be as we once were. I'm truly sorry for what I did, and I spent many nights wishing I could take it back. Come back with us Discord. I'm willing to forgive you for what you've done! I want to be friends with you again! We can be friends again! Just like old times!"

We continued to stare at each other, no doubt the same number of thoughts racing through our heads. I truly wanted Discord back, and it looked as if he was wanting to be back as well. If this showed anything, it was that the old Discord WAS still inside him, and he was trying to get out again. Luna watched intently as we looked into each others eyes, as if we were staring deep into each others souls. Too tired and beaten to stand, I raised my head some more to show how intent I was about what I said, and Discord opened and closed his mouth rapidly, his mind thinking about what to say next. It could've been the moment where we could be together again.

Until Discord shook his head rapidly and his smug smile returned. I lowered my head in defeat as I felt my tears coming again.

"It's too late," he said softly, but menacingly as he turned away towards the kingdom. "The new Discord is here to stay. I've decided I won't kill you though. I've just decided that a worse punishment for you would be for you to live with the guilt of failing your kingdom. Everything will fall into chaos, and it's all your fault. If only you had been smarter and kinder all those years ago, none of this would've ever happened." My heart dropped as I started to sob. I had failed my kingdom. I had failed my father. I had failed.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," Discord happily continued, "I have a chaos capital to create! Have fun in your guilt Lestia! And don't worry, I won't kill you! Never could to begin with. I mean, after all," he then turned his head and looked me in the eyes as he finished with a sultry voice, "You WERE the best friend I ever had." And with a flash of light, he was gone.

As soon as Discord disappeared, Luna's force bubbled faded and she ran over to me. "Celestia!" she cried over me. "Sister! Are you alright?"

But I wasn't alright. I was far from alright. I was broken, both physically and emotionally. The kingdom would be thrown into chaos, and soon, all of Equestria. All I could think about was how Discord was right. All of this could've been avoided if I had just protected him. He wouldn't have become who he was. I really DID kill Discord. And as I lay there, in a puddle of my own tears, all I could say was, "It's my fault. It's all my fault."

And as soon as I said it, a gray aura overtook me, and I was thrown into depression and guilt.

Author's Note:

Sorry this one took so long guys. I promise I will not work on anything else until this story is finished. Just a few more chapters, so just hang in there!