• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 5,595 Views, 84 Comments

I'm Afraid I Haven't Told You Everything... - Teyeson Bee



Celestia tells the Mane Six about the true story behind her and Discord's mysterious past, and how they were once the best of friends.

  • ...
6
 84
 5,595

After Many Years

Celestia stopped as she wiped her eyes of the tears. Even after all the years, telling of that night still twisted her heart. As she looked towards the girls, it was apparent that she wasn't the only one with tears in her eyes. All of them, even Rainbow Dash, had trembling lips and watery eyes as Celestia finished the portion of the story. They would've never guessed how much Discord meant to Celestia, nor would they truly understand how heartbreaking it was for her to send Discord away in probably the worst way possible for both of them.

"Princess," Twilight sobbed as she wiped her eyes. "That was <sniff> one of the saddest things I've ever heard."

"IT WAS SO SAAAAAAAD!" Pinkie bawled as tears sprayed from her eyes like hoses. Celestia levitated a box of tissues to Pinkie, who took one and blew into it hard, making a loud, trumpet-like sound. "POOR DISCOOOOOORD!"

"I never knew how tragic his past really came to be," Fluttershy whimpered. "I-It makes my heart break to think how he must've suffered."

"Ah can't even imagine how hard it was for ya," Applejack said sadly.

"It was one of the toughest things I've ever had to do," Celestia answered. "The first being sending Luna to the moon, but that's a different story. I keep thinking back, and ever time I do, I come to the same conclusion; I could've done so much more to help him."

"Don't think like that Princess," Rarity said as she wiped her own eyes. "You had no choice. You were just trying to protect somepony you cared about."

"Yeah! If you wanna blame somepony, blame that jerk, Scroll!" Rainbow said angrily as she jumped up. "Why, if I was there, I would've sent a sonic rainboom RIGHT THROUGH HIS-"

"Rainbow!" Twilight intervened. Rainbow, still steaming, cancelled out her observation and grumbled as she sat back down. Twilight turned back to the Princess. "What happened after that Princess?"

"Well, nothing was the same after Discord left," Celestia continued after she finished wiping her eyes. "The castle felt so...quiet. It wasn't as energetic as it was before. Discord brought fun into the castle, and unfortunately, he took it with him, along with my smile. As you would have guessed, I was the most affected by his departure. It was like a large portion of my heart had been taken away when he left. I couldn't sleep, barely ate, and couldn't even smile much. At night, I would find myself crying for hours before exhaustion finally took over. Though I put on a happy face for the citizens of Equestria, inside, I was so torn apart. I would sit in my room, hoping that Discord would return, wanting to see me again and reconcile with me, but however long I waited, he never came. Sometimes, I would forget that he even left. I'd get up in the middle of the night if I couldn't sleep, and head over to his old room for comfort, only to be faced with an empty bed and a horrible remembrance."

"My sadness didn't go unnoticed by everypony though. Luna knew, and was always trying to cheer me up. She would bring me a glass of chocolate milk or make her old funny faces to me. It was a well thought-out attempt, and sometimes it helped a little, but all in all, it just wasn't the same. Discord just had that thing that made me forget about my worries. Something that nopony could imitate, no matter how hard they would try."

"How long did this go on Princess?" Applejack asked.

"For a while," Celestia answered. "As the years went by, my depression did get a little better with the support from Luna. I WAS able to sleep and eat again. I had decided to stop waiting for Discord and try and continue on with my life. Though my heart still cringed and ached whenever I thought about him, I was a lot better. I was finally able to truly and fully be the princess that Equestria deserved. I had grown wiser, and cared much for the ponies of the country. I started to gain much respect and love from the citizens. Then, the day came when I would no longer be alone in my ruling. Luna had turned 21, and it was time to pass on the powers of the night to her. The coronation was a festive one; I made sure of that. My little sister had become the Princess of the Night, and started to rule over the country with me. And, there was something else good that came out of the coronation. Now that there were two princesses, I found it unneeded for a royal adviser."

Rainbows expression suddenly changed as her eyes grew wider, her wings began to flutter, and a smile slowly crept across her face. "So, does that mean what I think it means?"

"Yes Rainbow Dash," Celestia chuckled. "I dismissed Royal Scroll."

At that point, Rainbow soared up into the air in happiness. "YES!! About time too!" As she lowered herself back down, the others nodded in agreement.

"I'll say," Pinkie said. "I mean, he was so horrible! Did you call him a meanie bo-beanie?"

"Well, no..." Celestia mumbled as an embarrassing blush appeared on her cheeks, "but I did let him off in, well, probably a not-so-formal way. I believe I said something like..."


"You are fired, you uncouth, blackmailing, oaf! You have no further use here, and unless you want me to teleport you to the black pits of Tartarus, you'll get off the castle grounds, and out of the city, IMMEDIATELY!"


The six stared with mouths dropped to the floors at the blushing princess. It didn't seem like the thing that Celestia would say, but then again, she hated his guts, so it sounded more legit.

"That. Is. SO AWESOME!" Rainbow squealed in delight. "I couldn't have said it better myself if I had tried."

"Remind me never to get on your bad side Celestia," Twilight said, nervously chuckling.

"Well, I still had some built-up anger at what he said and did to Discord," Celestia said embarrassingly. "I mean, I didn't like how he treated Discord while he lived in the castle, but it had been five years since the incident, and well, I was just waiting to say something like that."

"I take it he took it rather well?" Rarity asked sarcastically.

"Well, if you call taking it well as him stomping out in a huff and slamming the door so loud that it shook the room, then yes," Celestia responded. "After he left, I could definitely feel myself relaxing a bit more. It turns out that I was right about not needing him. Luna and I worked very well at ruling over Equestria. We handled things fairly, and made decisions for the good of the ponies. The years passed on, and the day came where we would face our first great challenge; saving the Crystal Empire."

The six girls gasped. "You mean to tell us that the Crystal Empire incident was BEFORE Discord?" Twilight asked.

"That's right," Celestia nodded. "The order of events from the last 1000 years goes; King Sombra, Discord, Tirek, and then, of course, Nightmare Moon."

"If you don't mind me gettin' off the main topic," Applejack said, "what was fighting King Sombra like?" The others leaned their heads towards Celestia in anticipation.

"Well, it was one of the toughest battles that we went through," Celestia said. "Sombra was a powerful adversary, and fighting him was no walk in the park. However, Luna and I were able to finally combine our abilities and banish him to the arctic, and as all of you know, that's when the Empire vanished."

The others leaned back as Twilight made a pondering face. "So Celestia, how much time passed before Discord came back? I mean, he did come back right? That's how the story of his first takeover started. How long was he gone?"

"100 years," Celestia responded softly. The ponies' eyes widened. 100 years? They couldn't imagine living without each other for 10 years, and Celestia was separated from the greatest friend she had for a century? Celestia noticed their expressions and nodded, smiling weakly. "It seemed so much longer back then."

"Ah can imagine," Applejack mumbled. "So...what happened with him, if ya don't mind me askin'? How exactly did the whole takeover thing occur?"

Celestia's smiled faded as she continued her story, sounding more sorrowful than before.


Well, as you could imagine, as 100 years passed, I had grown so much, both mentally and physically. I had reached the physical peak of an alicorn. For you see, once an alicorn hits their physical peak, they stop physically aging. My curly pink mane had grown into the flowing rainbow style you see today. With all that had happened, running the kingdom, stopping Sombra, and controlling the sun, I felt like I could handle anything that came my way.

I was 100% wrong.

It was an average day in the kingdom. By that time, I had not forgotten about Discord, but thanks to the support of Luna, I had now moved on. Nothing too out of the ordinary was happening that day. I was busy going over some royal documents, humming a merry tune, when the doors of the Hall flew open, and one of the guards came galloping in like his tail was on fire. His face was sweating profusely, and he wore an expression that looked like he just saw a ghost. He hurried to where I was sitting and bowed hastily.

"Your Highness!" he said, trying to catch his breath. "I have urgent news from the town!"

"What is it?" I asked calmly.

"Well...your Highness...there's something strange going on!"

"What?" I asked, more concerned with the situation.

He started to stammer, trying to find the right words. Whatever he had to tell me, it must've been hard to explain. "I-I don't know how your Highness, but...it's...RAINING CATS AND DOGS!"

Naturally, I thought that he was speaking metaphorically, so I just sighed of relief and went back to my documents. "What's so strange about that?"

"Not figuratively, your Highness!" he practically shouted. "LITERALLY! There are literally cats and dogs falling from the sky!" He then pointed to the windows. I turned and my expression changed to that of pure shock! I ran to the windows and peered out to see that it was true. Hundreds of dogs and cats of different breeds were literally raining down from the sky. I opened the soundproof windows, and immediately heard a chorus of woofs and meows as the animals fell onto the streets and houses. Ponies were running out of their cottages and looking up at the sky with both shock and curiosity. Never in all of my years had I seen something so bizarre. As I turned around to talk to the guard, another came storming in, looking just as shocked as the first.

"Princess Celestia!" he panted. "I have news in town!"

"I know!" I said. "It's literally raining cats and dogs!"

"Besides that!" he replied. "The roads have...well...turned to soap! Ponies are slipping and sliding all over the place!"

Before I could truly stop to figure what was going on, a third guard came running in with the same expression. "Your Highness! The-"

"It's raining cats and dogs and the streets have turned to soap! I know!"

"Besides that! Something's wrong with the sun and moon!" This bit of news caught my attention. "It's daytime one minute and nighttime the next. We thought something was wrong with you and Princess Luna!" As I opened my mouth to speak, the lighting in the castle changed dramatically from light to dark, proving that there WAS something amiss with the sun and moon. I truly didn't know what was going on. The three guards looked to me, waiting for my orders. Pushing aside my confusion, I straightened up and lifted my wings for attention.

"I want you to go into town and make sure everypony is safe. Help anypony who needs help, and then announce that I have ordered an all-out shut-in! Everypony is to stay indoors until further notice."

"Yes ma'am!" the guards saluted as they galloped with haste out of the Hall. As the doors closed, my formal expression changed into a pondering one. As I started to pace the room, I just couldn't wrap my hoof around it. I didn't know how to take it all in. Cats and dogs raining from the sky? Soap roads? The sun and moon going haywire? Nothing could explain what was going on.

I looked out the window once more to see everything that was happening. It was not a pretty sight. Not only were cats and dogs still raining and ponies were still slipping on the roads, but even more impossible things were happening. Animals were running around with really long legs, birds were flying upside-down, cottages were being knocked over like cardboard cutouts, and there were even buffaloes in tutus, dancing in a line. It was as if the entire kingdom was in one big dream of impossibility. As I looked out at the mayhem, all I could say was, "This doesn't make any sense."

Suddenly, the sound of laughter echoed through the Hall. I quickly turned around to see nopony near me. I looked around the Hall, but didn't see anypony. It was as if the laughter came from an outside source. "Hello?" I called out. "Is anypony there?" The sound of laughter returned and I straightened up, looking around at the ceiling. Just then, a ghostly voice started to speak.

"Make sense you say? I must ask; what fun is there in making sense?"

The voice sounded so familiar, but the echo made it hard for me to properly place a face and name to it. "Show yourself!" I shouted.

"Now now Celestia!" the voice jokingly said. "That's no way to talk to an old flame."

"You know me?" I asked as I looked around for the source. "Who are you?"

"Aww, you mean you don't remember me?" asked the voice, still mocking away. "That makes me want to cry!"

"Enough!" I shouted. "Who are you? Are you the cause of what's happening in the kingdom?"

"Why yes! Beautiful isn't it?"

"Not really." I continued to look around the chamber, even looking outside as I spoke, hoping I would catch whoever it was off guard. "Why are you doing this?"

"Isn't it obvious? To get to you!"

"Wait. You're doing ALL OF THIS just to get my attention?"

"Ding ding ding! We have a winner!" Every second this voice spoke, the crazier he sounded. It was like he was in his own little world. "What do we have for her Johnny? You win a meeting with me! What do you say Celestia? Deal, or no deal?"

"No deal," I sneered. "I don't take time for dealing with weirdos. I'm just going to fix everything right now." I turned around and started to walk back to my throne as the voice spoke up again.

"But if you don't meet me, what will happen to little Luna?"

I halted immediately, my heart stopping for a millisecond. A shocked expression came over my face as he finished the sentence. Every feeling I had was replaced with fear. I quickly turned around and shouted towards the ceiling, "What about Luna?"

"I thought you might ask," the voice said. "I was just saying how I happened to stop by her room and just had to swoop her up and bring her to the party!"

At first, I thought it was a bluff. Luna was young, but she was still a powerful alicorn. I just thought the voice was trying to intimidate me. "You LIE!"

"Do I?" the voice asked. Suddenly, the voice was changed to a familiar one. One that stopped my heart in fear and panic.

"CELESTIA! CELESTIA, IT'S D-MMMPPPHH!" Luna's voice was muffled out as it sounded like she was being gagged. My insides dropped in a panic as Luna's voice disappeared and the other voice interrupted.

"Now now Lulu! We wouldn't want to spoil the surprise now would we?"

"LUNA!" I shouted. "What have you done to her?"

"Oh don't worry," the old voice said. "She's fine. But, you know, that can be changed so quickly." His tone then changed to mock sobbing. "I would spent many a sleepless night if anything...unfortunate happened to her..."

All the fear and panic quickly changed to rage as I heard him say that. Through gritted teeth, I looked up and growled, "If you so much...as hurt one hair on her mane...then BY ALL THE POWERS OF THE SUN I'LL-"

"Oh don't go getting your horn in a twist Celestia," the voice interrupted. "Nothing's going to happen to her. That is as long as you do as I say." I grunted as I looked towards the ground, pondering on what to do. I wouldn't normally give into a mad stallion's demands, but my sister's life was probably on the line, as well as the safety of the rest of the kingdom.

"What do you want?" I mumbled.

"All you have to do is come to the large fields outside the castle walls," said the voice, "and you can have Luna. Easy-peasy! What do you say Celestia?"

Like he even had to ask. "Alright. But I expect you to let Luna go as soon as I get there!"

"You have my word. Ta-ta for now Celestia!" And with a echoing laugh, the voice vanished into the air. I didn't have any time to waste. I galloped as fast as I could out of the castle and flew out towards the fields. I knew that it was probably a trap, but I was willing to do anything to get my sister back. Even bargain with a crazy pony.


"Wait a minute!" Pinkie Pie interrupted. Celestia stopped as everypony looked at her. "I don't understand something. How come you didn't recognize that it was Discord? That anything that was happening was because of Discord?"

Twilight rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Oh Pinkie. That's-" Her face suddenly changed to a pondering one. "Actually, that's a good point. How did you not immediately recognize Discord?" The others nodded in similar curiosity.

"I hadn't heard from Discord in 100 years," Celestia answered calmly. "I had almost forgotten what his voice sounded like. After all, I didn't realize that he was also immortal. He never told me." The six "oohed" in realization, and they sat back again as Celestia continued.


As I said, I hurried as fast as I could out of the city, praying the entire time that Luna was alright. Hoping that nothing bad had happened to her. She was all I had left, and if anything happened to her, I wouldn't know what I would do. As I flew over the city walls, I traveled over to where the fields were. The flat piece of land stuck out quite well, since it had changed from green and luscious to checkered patterned and bumpy. As I lowered myself onto the ground, I quickly looked around. I shouted for Luna's name, and at first, nopony answered. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luna, standing on a flat piece of the checkered field. Without thinking, I quickly galloped over to her. As I neared her, I saw that she was waving her head back and forth, and a gag was positioned over her mouth. Her muffled screams were all I heard as I got closer and closer.

When I had finally reached her, I ripped the gag from her mouth just in time for her to quickly say, "Sister! It's a tra-" Before she could finish, Luna was blown back by an unseen wind. When I went to get her, a blinding light stopped me. I covered my eyes to avoid hurting them, and when I lowered my wings, I saw a giant magical force field surrounding myself, with Luna looking from the outside. Suddenly, I heard a familiar echoing laugh.

"I can't believe you FELL for that! I remember you being naive, but not THIS naive! Has being a princess all these years really cloud your senses?"

I just couldn't stand it anymore. I looked around furiously, trying to distinguish the source of the voice, and shouted, "THAT'S ENOUGH! I want answers! Who are you? Why are you doing all of this? SHOW YOURSELF!"

The voice groaned in annoyance. "You are such a spoilsport. I guess more about you has changed than I though, eh Lestia?"

"Lestia?" I thought. "Nopony has called me that since-" That's when an occurrence came to me. At that moment, all of my insides dropped as my eyes grew wide with disbelief and shock. All of my fury was thrown away, and replaced with fear. Fear that there was a possibility that somepony I knew from a long long time ago was the one behind all of this. I started to stumble backwards as I tried to push the possibility from my mind. "No...no it can't be! IT JUST CAN'T BE!"

The voice chuckled deviously. "Starting to put the pieces together? Allow me to solve the puzzle for you."

At that moment, a small ball of magic energy appeared in front of me, and started to grow. It grew and grew, until it was as tall as a tree. Then, in a blinding flash of light, a figure stood before me. My entire body went numb as I trembled at the figure in front of me. Fear and shock raced through my faster-than-light beating heart, as I realized that the possibility was true. My eyes grew as wide as plates and my pupils shrank to pins as I stared at the familiar figure in front of me, laughing maniacally. The familiar figure was tall, had the head of a pony, a goat's leg, bat's wing, snake tail, and a deer antler.

It was Discord.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter took so long. I've been very VERY busy lately. Hope you guys enjoy!