• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 1,089 Views, 6 Comments

My Little Musketeer! - Appl3dashie



4 ponies of the mane six get sent back in time to find themselves in Neigheria. Yep... they're lost.

  • ...
5
 6
 1,089

I hate old books.

"SPIKE!" Twilight yelled.

"What?"

"I'm going out for the day to get some books from Zecora." She trotted downstairs.

"I don't know Twilight. Celestia said expect a letter from me today. Shouldn't you be waiting?" Spike asked picking up a book.

"Oh don't be silly Spike! I'll just be a few minutes. Not a whole day." Twilight pushed open the door and went outside.

"Silly pony." Spike mumbled.

"Now… Which way is the Everfree Forest?" Twilight muttered to herself.

"OH I GUESS…. East! Next to Scootaloo's home. You'll see a sign saying Everfree forest!" Pinkie popped out from a bush.

"Oh! Hello Pinkie. Thank you for giving me directions. I will be on my way." She trotted down the dirt path.

"I was going to make cupcakes but instead I wanted to ask you why are you heading there? After all the Everfree Forest is a scary place." She said.

"Don't worry Pinkie. I'll be fine. Why don't you go bake those cupcakes you said earlier?" Pinkie frowned.

"No no no! The Everfree Forest is a dangerous place! I'm going to come." Pinkie saluted.

"If you must…" Twilight sighed. They walked along talking.

"And thats how Maud Pie is related to me!"

"Uh huh."

"Wanna hear my other sisters story? Inky Pie?"

"Listen Pinkie. I have had quite enough of the family stories. Why don't you play with…. Rainbowdash!" She pointed up. "Hey Rainbow Pinkie wants to play with you!"

"What? Huh?" Rainbow woke up from her nap.

"Rainbow! Down here now." Twilight ordered.

"Nah… Hey Pinkie!" She flapped her wing meaning she was waving to Pinkie.

"Hiya Rainbow! Wanna come play with me? I've got some spare time!" She bounced up. Twilight made a run for it.

"Come on hooves!" She whispered urging herself to run faster. "Go!"

"Hey where's Twilight going?" Rainbow asked Pinkie.

"Oh no! She's heading into the Everfree Forest!" Pinkie dashed after her.

"HUH?" Rainbow followed Pinkie. "TWILIGHT WAIT UP!"

"No no no!" Twilight ran faster. Pinkie caught up.

"STOP IT RIGHT THERE!" Twilight turned but Pinkie sharply turned to. Twilight looked at Pinkies legs. They were far apart.

Perfect... She jumped and slid smoothly underneath Pinkie.

"WHAT!" Pinkie tried to grab her tail but Twilight ran into the Everfree Forest. "STOP HER!" Pinkie yelled up to Rainbowdash.

"On it!" She flew into the Everfree Forest. Up down down up in through here out here she dodged branches. "Twilight!" she looked down at the purple mare. "Stop now!" Then a sudden burst of pain went through her face. She carefully opened her eyes. She'd smashed into a branch! She also had hurt her wing. She moved but it only hurt worse. "Stupid stupid branches…" She scanned the area. "Darn it Twilight!" Twilight had disappeared.

"Ha! My spell worked!" Twilight chuckled.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE!" Pinkie pounced on her. Twilight who was prepared jumped over her and did a flip. "TWILIGHT!" Twilight ran ahead with Pinkie chasing her.

"Zecora's house!" Twilight said. "Oh my Pinkies awfully close. I'd better pick up my pace!" She ran quicker. The big tree stood in front of her. Where's Pinkie? Twilight looked around. It seemed Pinkie had disappeared from sight. Her running turned to trotting then turned to walking. "I lost her. Great." She smiled and started walking to the house. She reached the door and was about to knock when CRASH!

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING!" Pinkie yelled in her face.

"AHH!" Twilight kicked her off and ran to the door. She barged in. Applejack stood there mixing a potion in a cauldron. She looked over her shoulder.

"Howdy Twilight! How ya goin'?" Applejack smiled.

"Help me…" Twilight coughed exhausted.

"What in tarnation?" Applejack pointed to a window. Pinkie was staring at Twilight who was slumped against the door.

"I… I just wanted…. to get so-" she coughed and wheezed. "Tea!" The door started banging. "Until… Pinkie and Rainbow… Started…. getting on my nerves… So I ran here… with them chasing… And ended up here!" she coughed again.

"Now now sugar cube take it easy. Zecora ain't here because she is busy with 'er relatives. So I'm keepin' watch for 'er." Twilights voice had finally came back. She let out a small cough then started.

"Applejack I need you to he-" The door crashed down. Pinkie and Rainbow came storming in.

"WHERE'S TWILIGHT?! She's got some explaining to do!" Pinkie growled.

"Yeah! Where is she!" Rainbowdash snapped.

"She's under there." Applejack said.

"TWILIGHT SPA-" Pinkie's mouth had a hoof in it.

"Stop it all of ya. This ain't gonna work out unless we talk bout it. Now ya'll find a seat and we'll talk." Footsteps came out of nowhere.

"TWILIGHT! Letter! Book." Spike gasped for air.

"Thanks Spike." Twilight said from under the door. She got up and brushed herself.

"I just got it a few minutes ago. I dunno what the princess wants but it's got something to do with this book." The argument stopped. Everyone had a perplexed look on their faces.

"Thanks Spike. You may go home." Twilight shooed him off.

"Gee no credit? No credit at all that I raced here just to give you a letter!" Spike whined and stamped his foot on the floor. Twilight gave a small laugh.

"Thank you Spike." She said rolling her eyes.

"Go on! Read it." Pinkie bounced around. Twilight levitated the scroll in front of her.

"It says… Dear Twilight, I'm sure your wondering what I meant yesterday by saying you'll receive something from me. Well. It may seem like an old dusty book but it contains an enchanting story. I'm sure you'll find it interesting. So will your friends. Please be careful because this book is very old. It's from the time Sombra and Discord ruled. 1000 years ago.
Your teacher, Princess Celestia. P.S Don't read the words on the back!" Twilight narrowed her eyes at the last sentence. "Huh? This is weird."

"Hold it right there! You've got some explaining to do on why you went into the forest without someone." Rainbow said changing the topic.

"Rainbow not now! We can do it after when we return." Pinkie said.

"What do ya mean by when we return?" Applejack asked.

"I said that? Haha! I don't know what I mean't by that!" Pinkie giggled.

"Don't read the words on the back? I wonder…" Twilights curiosity got the best of her. She turned to the back.

"Hey Twilight the scroll said not to read the back shouldn't we… well…." Rainbow pointed to the door. Twilight ignored her friend and started reading the back.

"The princess was right there are words here!"

"Yeah that's great Twilight but shouldn't ya get goin?"

"No… No…" She stared at the back.

"Twilight! Snap out of it!" Rainbow hit her on the head.

"Left right Day night… You were warned… but you are fooled." The book glowed. It glowed a bright yellow. "GIRLS HELP!" Twilight screamed.

"Come on!" Rainbowdash flew at the book but was knocked out by Twilights hoof. Applejack ran after her.

"IMMA COMIN!" She pulled at Rainbows wing.

"THIS LOOKS FUN!" Pinkie pushed Applejack in and jumped in. The book disappeared in blue mist which surrounded it. The book teleported back to Celestia's castle.

"Curiosity got Twilight?" Celestia grinned. "Looks like we can have some fun." Her wings evaporated into air and turned into blue bugs wings. Her flowing mane turned into a drooped blue mane. She turned all black. "Our revenge Celestia…" suddenly two guards screamed.

"Wha-What happened?" Twilight mumbled.

"Yarr! Who is this?" A pony asked.

"More like who are you?!" Twilight jumped to her hooves ready to fight. "And what have you done to my friends?"

"She be a mare! We don't git mares as snappy as dis come with mey. I'll show ya around Neigheria."

"Neigheria? Where in Equestria is that?"

"I said I'll show ye round." Twilight and the mysterious pony trotted out of the dark alley. She looked back. She just suddenly appeared there.

"Its not possible…" She said under her breath.

"This is ye town square." The pony showed her a town with shops. A brick path with a fountain in the middle shaped in a marble pony. Twilight looked closer it was of Celestia.

"Excuse me."

"And we got ye ol' apple pies in the bakery!"

"Pardon me…"

"We've got ya nice clothes and ye dresses in the shop."

"EXCUSE me!"

"And we've also got ye summer festival. We be very busy then."

"EXCUSE ME!"

"Yes?"

"Look its a lovely town and all but I need to ask some questions. Who are you? What do you do? What is your name?" Twilight felt so many questions go into her head.

"Pardon mey fer not introducin' mah self. Names Quill. I'mma pirate." She stared at the pony.

"Pirate?"

"Yup."

"What year is this?" He tapped his chin with his hand. Twilights mind raced.

"Hands? But I'm walking on hooves!" She mumbled. "This is so mixed up."

"Its 1967!"

"WHAT!" Twilight shrieked.

"Mummy that mare yelled." Said a little filly passing by.

"Just ignore her sweetie."

"1967… 1967…" Twilight gasped for air.

"Erm… anythin' wrong?"

"No… Nothing! I'm in 1967! Not 2012! 1967…" Twilight was still shocked.

"Ya sure?" Quill pulled at a golden necklace.

"Just fine!"

"Oy Quill!" Said a stallion behind him.

"Hey Sparrow!!" Quill called.

"Who is this wimp?" Twilight looked up at Sparrow. He was a bat pony and didn't have that much colour in him.

"Who you calling wimp?" Twilight snapped back.

"Sparrow you getting yourself in another fight?" Said a mare behind him.

"Ugh… Sorry Captain Pearl.."

"Better." Said the mare. She was a pretty pearl colour.

"Now who are you?"

"I'm Twilight."

"I see. Where you from?"

"Ponyville." She gasped in horror. Then laughed.

"Ponyville… Ponyvillle? How could this wimp be from Ponyville!" She laughed. Ponies who passed by giggled.

"Ya do know she ain't from round here…. Captain." Quill said.

"Yeah…. Yeah I know." She giggled from her joke before.

"Actually I-"

"Maybe we should take her aboard."

"I-"

"Nah! The crew will mock her! Leave her here to starve." Sparrow butted in Twilight who got very annoyed.

"Course we should!"

"EXCUSE ME!" She yelled. Listen to others much? She thought.

"Whoa whoa whoa! This mare has some guts! Yelling at a Captain like that! Sheesh." Sparrow clapped.

"Hmm. No one yells at me like that anymore. Hey wimp. Why don't ya join our crew. You could give us a hand." She held out her hand. Fortunately Twilight had figured out how to operate these so called 'hands'. She stood up strong and tall and shook hands with her.

"Well if it isn't Pearl." Said a sly voice.

"Rats. Be quiet Crystal!" She yelled.

"Why should I? Its a free country." A griffon flew down. Her wing beats were so strong a filly fell over.

"Get lost!" The pegasus yelled.

"Haha… no."

"Beat it!"

"I said no." Two of her friends joined her both ponies. "Greetings Autumn and good day to you to Starheart."

"Hello there Crystal." Starheart said. She looked fine but her green eyes were just pure cold.

"Is the crew ready to set sail?" They spoke in sweet voices.

"Yes it is ma'am ready the sails Captain Pearl!" Autumn saluted but her eyes went cross-eyed. They laughed.

"See you later on the water losers!" Starheart yelled.

"Hope you don't drown or get lost!" Autumn sneered.

"Shut up." Twilight walked over.

"Oh what did you say?" Crystal flew at her.

"I said shut up." Crystal then started laughing.

"Ha! Your no match to me unless your an alicorn!"

"My wings!" Twilight looked at her back. They were gone! "But before I was a princess…" She blinked the tears away.

"Face it loser! You are no match for any of us." Starheart laughed.

"OH YEAH?" Twilight head butted Crystal in the chest her horn piercing the skin. She started charging at Starheart when Pearl stopped her.

"Enough."

"OH SHE JUST PIERCED MY SKIN! OH HELL NO!" Crystal flew at her but Twilight teleported to Starheart.

"I said… ENOUGH!" Pearl stomped her hoof causing it to stop time. Time started.

"TAKE THIS!" Twilight kicked Starheart in the face. "IN YOUR FACE!" Pearl quickly decided to help Twilight. Crystal lunged at her from behind but was knocked out by Quill. "Thanks." Twilight said over her shoulder dodging a fierce orange mare. The passers became part of the crowd who was cheering.

"HIYA!" Autumn kicked Twilight in the chin. Then scratched her on the cheek. She had a big gash from the scratch. Blood trickled down her cheek.

"You wanna play hard? LETS PLAY HARD!" Twilight kicked and scratched. Autumn dodged skilfully but started getting tired. "ARE YOU WEAK?" Twilights mind was racing. Fear, anger all emotions came out. "WELL TAKE THIS!" she stopped breathed and shut her eyes. "SKEEEYAHH!!!" Her scream shattered windows. Then out of the ground faster then== gems shot out. Each one was made of glass. They cracked against Autumn's skin drawing blood.

"HELP!" She cried. Gems kept shooting at her skin. Until Twilight summoned one gigantic gem.

"YAH!!" Her eyes snapped open. It was fully white. The massive gem hit against Autumn.

"Whoa…" Pearl gasped. "She's special…" Twilight then snapped out of the trance. She then quickly and swiftly dodged all other flying gems but it seemed they didn't go near her.

"NOPE!" She punched her in the jaw and pushed her to the ground.

"Twilight!" Pearl rushed over to her. "Enough is enough."

"ENOUGH?!" Twilight screamed. "I say she must have more!" Twilight growled and started rushing towards her but Pearl put her hoof in to stop her.

"Now now… Lets go to the ship." She led her away.

"I'll have revenge…" Crystal stood up and brushed herself. "I'll have it!" She clenched her paw into a fist and waved it at the two. "I will have REVENGE!"

"Yar! Ya did some pretty good job out there matey!" Quill grinned. His golden chains rattled on him.

"Yeah! I'm pretty impressed with the gem part!" Sparrow clapped.

"Heh.. Thanks guys. I'm just happy that umm mare is gone." Twilight didn't want to say loser even though Autumn called her a wimp.

"So… Where did ya'll park the ship?" Pearl asked.

"On the docks in the east."

"The east?! But we're heading wes- Bloody hell!"

"Sorry. The tides were heavy when we pulled in remember?"

"Yes… yes." Pearl turned and started walking east.

"So have ya sailed on a ship before?"

"Uhm… No not really. I went on a ship with Cadence to go to Ponyville. But it crashed halfway there so… It doesn't count. I guess." Twilight shrugged.

"Captain Pearl! We got attacked when you were gone!" Said a purple mare running up to them.

"Galaxy!" Pearl yelled. "How dare you tell me that news! I want to find out myself." Pearl flew down the lane. Followed by Quill and Sparrow.

"Who you?" Galaxy growled. "What are you doing here? Hanging with Captain Pearl?"

"I-I'm just a wondering pony! I'll just go ahead with the ca-" Galaxy put her hoof in mouth.

"Listen. Our ship doesn't accept… wondering ponies. You should be on your way." she waved a hoof at her and grinned smugly. Twilight who couldn't stand it started running ahead. The breeze flowed through her mane. The smell of the sea! She loved it. She felt like just jumping into the lake until she heard a scream. "GET BACK HERE!"

"Oh no…" Twilight picked up the pace but Galaxy was onto her. "NOPE!" Galaxy made a grab but Twilight kicked her away. "CAPTAIN PEARL!" She called to the pegasus.

"Huh?" She turned. Twilight dived onto the ship rolling.

"Galaxy… chase… mean!" Twilight panted.

"GET OFF THE SHIP!" Galaxy who paid no attention to the Captain dived at her. She pushed her. Twilight scratched. She scratched back. Twilight kicked. It seemed to go on and on until Sparrow pushed them apart.

"Whoa whoa whoa. I understand your fighting over me! But I honestly like Twilight." Sparrow looked down at the unicorn.

"What the heck?"

"Umm you are fighting over me right?"

"Awkward." Galaxy rolled her eyes. "Still get her off the ship."

"Oh Galaxy! Stop doing your little acts." Pearl laughed.

"Acts?" Twilight questioned.

"Haha… Um… Yeah sorry. One of my mates dared me to do that. Sorry it got heated. Okay Dare! I did it."

"Honestly I thought you'd never." A griffon flew down onto the ship. "Nice job… I see it go pretty rough!" She walked over and fist bumped Galaxy.

"Heck yeah!" They walked off laughing about something.

"So uh…" Twilight was still stunned from the chase.

"Come with me." Pearl said darkly though there was no anger in her voice. Twilight followed.

I wonder what she wants? I actually feel like I know this place... Twilight thought. "So… where we going?" She looked over her shoulder at some other ponies giving her the evil eye.

"My office."

"Office?"

"My room!"

"Don't make her mad girl." A pony said when she walked past.

"Go in." Pearl motioned her to go in.

"O-Okay…" Twilight mumbled. Pearl walked to her desk and sat in the wooden chair.

"Do you know these ponies?"

"Which ponies? I don't even know WHY I'M HERE!"

"These ponies." Pearl kicked out a cage from behind her desk. There was three ponies that looked very familiar.

"Applejack? Pinkie? Rainbow?" Twilight pounced on the cage trying to hug her friends.

"TWILIGHT!" They yelled.

"Those idiots beat us up!" Rainbow snapped.

"They chucked us in here!" Pinkie cried.

"We don't know where we were but now we know we're safer." Applejack sighed. Twilight looked up at Pearl who was writing down something in a book.

"You beat them up?"

"Well thats what Galaxy told me."

"YOU BEAT SOME INNOCENT PONIES UP?" Twilight shrieked.

"Indeed."

"INDEED? INDEED!" Twilight jumped on the table. She noticed a sword in the corner. Slowly she got down from the table. "Sorry…" She went into the shadows.

"Twilight!" Pinkie yelled.

"Sorry Pearl." Twilight leaped up from the shadows. A sword in one hand a gun in the other.

"What are you doing?" Pearl cried.

"Doing what I must." Twilight aimed at her and fired. Pearl was lucky to dodge just in time.

"You've lost your mind!" Twilight then felt pain. All that time. She tried to block out the pain. From Galaxy, Quill and even her friends.

"Haha!" She giggled. "Ha…" her laugh slowed. "HAHAHAHA!" She laughed and lunged at Pearl.

"NO!" Pearl was highly skilled. She jumped from wall to wall flying high narrowly missing shots. That was until she crashed into a wall. "AHHHH!" Her voice echoed.

"What happened?" Galaxy burst through the door. BOOM. That was the last of Galaxy… for now anyway.