• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 5,819 Views, 34 Comments

The Little Pony Legend 3: The Great Change - MaggiesHeartLove



A new Princess, a New Age and a whole new adventure awaits for Avatar Korra and The Mane Six!

  • ...
24
 34
 5,819

The Ultimate Choice.

The Ultimate Choice.

This was a dream come true for Tirek. After many years of imprisonment, his power was being restored. With Discord's help, he managed to trap various ponies, mainly unicorns, and absorbed all of their magic. With each one he consumed, his body became stronger. He was no longer looking like a weak old looking centaur, he could straighten his back and his upper torso looked fuller, more athletic-like. His pecks were strong and his lower horse legs were sturdy and incredibly powerful they could kick down a cement wall.

Discord was having the time of his life. He had nearly forgotten how fun it was to see ponies miserable. He began to wonder why he ever decided to be friends with ponies, especially Fluttershy.

Fluttershy.

Surely she would be heartbroken upon hearing this. But, this new alliance with Tirek was way too much fun. With his magic of chaos, Discord managed to capture a whole group of pegasus ponies for Tirek to consume. Once he did, the ponies could no longer fly. Their wings felt heavy and their cutie marks were completely gone. Tirek grew even more with each capture. His red skin was brighter than before, and his horns grew in size. This felt wonderful to him. However, there were times when he took away a pony's magic, he also felt as if he was taking…something else as well.

Once the heard of pegasus ponies collapsed, Tirek's body glowed orange and black lightning emitted from his body. "This is unbelievable. But, what is this strange energy? It tastes…different than their magic."

"Oh! You must be referring to their bending powers." Discord mentioned. Tirek's eyes widened at this news.

"Bending? What is this…bending?"

"Long story short, it's this ability that some ponies once had over like, forever ago. But ever since the Avatar and her bonded Ponies united her world with ours, ponies have been able to bend like their ancestors." to Discord's shock, though not complete shock, Tirek took him by the throat.

"Avatar? What is this Avatar? And what world?"

"Opsy, I guess I forgot to mention, but I was just having so much fun. You see, there is a different world where these creatures called humans live and they have powers too."

Tirek released Discord and he began to ponder. A whole other world with beings with a 'magic' as strong as the ponies. The centaur rubbed his hands together in a menacing manner.

"Tell me, Discord. Where can I find this place?"

(~)

For the past two days (while Tirek and Discord were stealing magic), Twilight remained with Korra. Korra continued her physical-therapy with Katara, while the woman spoke with Twilight on how to cope with her experience. The two also practiced their magic but they had yet to engage in any real fight.

Today, the girls were having a sparing section. So far, the two had made incredible progress. Korra was starting to feel more like herself as was Twilight. However, while they were focusing on getting better, their friends, along with Tenzin, were all making their way to the south pole.

Once the girls ended their sparing, they saw a shadow of a bison hovering over their heads. The two girls smiled with glee and rushed to greet their friends.

Oogie landed in front of the compound, and Tenzin was greeted by his mother. "It's good to see you mom."

The elderly woman smiled once she saw all of Korra and Twilight's friends gathered together. "It's so wonderful to see you all. The girls will be so happy to know you're here."

Rarity stepped forward, "As much as we wish this were a social greeting, I'm afraid we have some dire news."

Applejack spoke next, "We tried channeled our Elements' magic to fin Twilight, but we couldn't locate her so we came here."

"Guys!"

The others heard a familiar voice calling out to them. The two alicorn princesses were running at top speed with wide smiles on their faces.

"Korra! Twilight!"

The Mane Six rushed froward and embraced their friends in a large group hug, happily giggling. Once they separated, Asami approached Korra and the girls embraced.

"Asami! I missed you!"

"I missed you too. Did you get my letter?"

"Yeah, I did. Sorry I haven't written back, I've just had so much going on."

"Tell me about it. You look great!"

"I feel great."

Then, Korra saw a pair of amber eyes looking at her with all the love in his heart. She felt tears begin to form and she rushed towards Mako, wrapping her arms around his neck, and he in return wrapped his arms around her waist. They didn't need to say a word to know how much they missed one another. They looked deep into each other's eyes and kissed passionately, holding each other close. Once the kiss ended, their foreheads touched.

"It's really great to see you." Mako said.

"You too."

"Hey! Forgetting someone?" Bolin was waving his hands in the air, trying to get their attention. Korra released her boyfriend and hugged the earthbender.

"How could I ever forget you, Bolin?"

"Look at you! You're up on all twos again! Congrats!"

"Thanks!"

Flash Sentry embraced his girlfriend, "I'm so happy to see you're okay."

Mako then walked over and also hugged Twilight, "Me too.…WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

Twilight lowered her ears in regret and fiddled with her fingers nervously.

"You lied to us saying you were at the Crystal Empire! Do you have any idea how worried we all were?! Don't you ever do anything like that again!"

Twilight's expression changed from regret to bored. "You done?"

Mako took in a deep breath before saying, "Yeah."

"I'm really sorry for worrying you all. I wasn't feeling like myself so, I though maybe some time alone would help. I'm really sorry."

The firebender knew the alicorn was sorry for lying to everyone. And so, instead of getting angry again, he hugged her tightly. "It's okay. I'm just glad you're doing better."

"I'm doing great!" Twilight then excitedly takes Mako by the wrist, much to his surprise, and drags him away. "Come on, I wanna show you how much better Korra and I are doing."

However, Asami then tried to tell Korra the true reason why they were here, "Um, actually, there's something we---"

"Come on, Korra!" Twilight surprised the Avatar by also dragging her by the wrist.

"Whoa! Okay, okay stop pulling!"

(~)

The group of friends watched as the two alicorns, now dressed in battle gear, standing on top of the firebending mat opposite three other firebenders; Tenzin and Katara stood on a viewing platform behind the dueling mat along with the others, observing. Tenzin tried to tell his mother the true purpose as to why they were here,

"Mother, there's something we need to--" but he was interrupted when the match started, and Korra attacked the firebenders first, sending multiple blasts of fire toward her opponents with both her hands and feet, followed by Twilight and the opponents easily blocked the attacks. None of them made the first move, but the girls were determined to prove they could fight as well as before.

"Attack!" Korra ordered, "We can take it!"

The firebenders paused momentarily, the bender in the center glanced over his shoulder at the man on his right, who shrugged. If she said they could take it.

They then attacked, their quick, furious blows smoothly and easily as Korra approached her opponents. They threw more attacks and the girls worked together to cut through a fire blast the same way Korra did in her first firebending test, before leaving for Republic City. They both emerged from the other side, but once they did, simultaneously, they were immediately beset by another vision: of Zaheer zooming down from the gray sky directly towards them.

The image caused the girls to lose their concentration. Debilitated, the girls faltered as the firebenders, unaware, continued their attack as Korra and Twilight continued to blindly throwing weak stands of fire towards nothing in particular before being finally blown off their feet, coming to rest face-down on the mat, both exhausted.

Flash and Mako worriedly rushed to their respected girlfriends and Tenzin rose his hand before the firebenders, telling them that the match was over.

"All right! The sparring match is over!"

As the firebenders relaxed themselves and walked away, Tenzin turned back to focus on Korra and Twilight, who were getting to their knees and taking off their helmets, both clearly upset. The boys helped them to their feet. Korra was upset, obviously, but she tried her best to calm herself. She knew she couldn't be this way in the presence of Twilight. And the violet alicorn herself, was feeling pretty ticked off right now. Mako rubbed Korra's back as she tried to take in deep breaths.

"I'm okay. It's okay."

"Okay? We got creamed!" Twilight exclaimed and grunted in frustration, "I thought I was ready."

Tenzin placed a hand on her shoulder, "There is no shame in taking the time you need to make a full recovery."

"But Korra and I practiced before and we were just fine."

"That's because we were against each other." Korra stated, "So of corse it would be easier."

"How can you be so calm about this?"

"I'm trying, okay!"

Twilight slightly backed away due to Korra's outburst. Irritability was a common thing that was happening for Korra lately. More so than usual. She buried her face into her hand in shame, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout."

Mako did the only thing his instincts told him to do: and that was to hold Korra close to him. "It's okay, Korra. You've come a long way and we're so proud of you. Both of you. You don't have to push yourselves so hard."

Feeling Mako's strong comforting arms around her was enough to ease her anxiety. She really missed his hugs. She had tried very hard give the same support for Twilight, but what they were going through was extremely new for both of them. Especially for the young pony. Korra has already been through so much in the past, but the alicorn was always so pure and innocent, and this event took a real toll on her spirit. Seeing Twilight so broken, probably even more so than Korra herself, made her realize she needed to be more positive in her recovery for Twilight's sake.

Seeing their friends in such distress, made the Mane Six look at one another with worry and concern. Rainbow Dash broke the silence first as she whispered to the girls, "What are we suppose to tell them now?"

"Tell us what?" Korra asked, having heard Rainbow Dash, who's eyes widened in shock, her cheek flustered from embarrassment and her ears lowered.

"Uh, well…um, you see, we, well, uh."

"Rainbow?" Korra looked at everyone, noticing their worried expressions. She knew something wasn't right. "What's going on? What aren't you telling us?"

Tenzin sighed sadly, "We didn't just come here to check up on you…we came to warn you."

(~)

As if being stuck in the South Pole wasn't enough, now this. Korra sighed as she tried to process everything she and Twilight had just uncovered. "So, Tirek's back, hu?"

"You already knew about him?" Fluttershy asked. She and the rest of the visitors were all sipping cups of tea in Katara's healing hut.

"Luna told me a bit. I did have this weird dream one night. I can't remember much except seeing these glowing yellow eyes and a poor innocent pony collapsing. His eyes were pale and his cutie mark was gone. I could feel his magic slowly being drained away."

"That's exactly what's been happening." her boyfriend mentioned with a serious expression. "We've been receiving reports of ponies being drained of their magic."

Flash Sentry continued to explain, "They were mainly unicorns at first, but recently there have also been reports of pegasi who have begun to lose the ability to fly."

Twilight gasped in horror, "Aren't the alicorns doing anything?"

"They did." both Flash and Mako looked at one another unsurely. "They…called on Discord to locate him." they both instinctively shielded themselves, expecting their girlfriends to explode, as did everybody else…surprisingly, the two girls remained completely calm and silent. But nobody dared to lower their defenses. Korra and Twilight took in deep breaths and both stood up and made their way towards the door.

"Excuse us."

Once the door closed, everyone slowly lowered their arms, sighing in relief. Minus the Mane Six, for they knew their friends all too well.

The men nearly peed themselves when they heard two extremely loud screams coming from outside. Followed by two fireblasts, shooting up into the sky, for which they could see from the open window. Once all died down, the princesses returned, looking as composed as they did when they left. They sat back down, both looking discouraged. Spike and Bolin both blinked simultaneously, and looked at each other in surprise. They were holding one another the whole time and released.

"They actually took that a lot better than I thought they would." said Spike.

"How could this happen?" Korra asked her air bending master, "Why Discord? That should be us out there fixing this, not him!"

"I know you want to help, but trust me: everyone has this under control. I just think you need to …" the man trailed off as both Korra and Twilight looked at him spitefully.

"If you say "Be patient," I swear I'm gonna water-smack you in the mouth!"

Tenzin looked away, searching for a replacement to what he was previously going to say. "Nnooo ... I was going to say, you --need to--not--" but before he could finish, Spike suddenly burped out a letter from his mouth, and Twilight quickly picked it up and red the words.

"What does it say?" the dragon asked.

Twilight's eyes widened in shock. "Korra and I are needed in Canterlot at once!"

(~)

With Oogie, the friends traveled to Equestria, while Korra and Twilight rushed into the palace while the others ran behind them. The group bursted into the throne room, seeing Leilani, Celestia, Luna and even Cadance waiting for them inside.

"We came as quickly as we could!" a pony Twilight said, catching her breath, "Is something wrong? Is it Tirek?"

Leilani turned to the others, "Please, we must speak to Korra and Twilight alone."

The others obeyed and bowed in respect before leaving the throne room, the large doors closing as they did.

"Girls, first of all, how are you doing? You look well."

"We're doing a lot better, thank you." Korra said with a smile. But Twilight simply huffed with lowered ears. "Well, mostly. But why did you need to speak with us? What has Tirek done?"

The alicorn queen lowered her head in shame. "I'm afraid I put too much trust in Discord and the effect that friendship would have upon him."

Korra did not like the sound of this. "You don't mean--"

"Yes…Discord has betrayed the ponies of Equestria and joined forces with Tirek."

Korra and Twilight gasped in horror.

"What?! How could he do this?! I thought our friendship meant something to him. I thought he had changed!"

Twilight grew even more furious, "We should have known he would do this."

Celestia continued, "Tirek has stolen enough magic that he now has the strength to steal flight as well. Without Pegasi to control the weather, there will be no rain in Equestria. There is word he has gone after Earth ponies as well. Without their strength, they will not be able to tend the land."

Luna continued next, "Ponies will no longer be in control of their world. That power will belong solely to Tirek. But, I'm afraid that is not all."

Korra and Twilight's eyes widened in horror for what she was about to say next.

"With the magic he has absorbed, he has also been able to absorb a pony's bending powers as well. We fear he will target your world next, Korra."

The Avatar's heart pounded against her chest, her hands began to shake and she could barely stand and felt woozy.

"Once Tirek has the power of your people at his command," Celestia began, "there is no doubt he will go after alicorn magic next. With Discord by his side, we will not be able to stop him from taking it."

"Once it is in his possession, his power will know no bounds, and all hope will be lost."

"Well what can we do?" Twilight asked, "There has to be some way to stop him."

Leilani was silent for a brief second before coming up with an idea. Thought it would be pretty risky. "There is one solution." she, her daughters and Cadance rose from their thrones and stood before the girls. "It is only by making this sacrifice that Equestria and the lands beyond it might be saved."

Korra awaited anxiously for what she would say next.

"We must rid ourselves of our magic before Tirek has the chance to steal it from us."

(~)

Author's Note:

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF RAAVA!….THIS IS THE LONGEST KORRA/PONY STORY I HAVE EVER WRITTEN….EVER!!!!!
Whoa, let me tell ya, NEVER have I written a story that took a lot out of me. Seriously, my brain feels like podding with trying to make tis work. I only hope it will be worth it in the end. Please review so I know if its good. I personally like it but what do ya'll think?……
……..
I've been on this way too long I'm beginning to sound like Applejack! Dear Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven, help me.
Anyways, God bless *kiss, kiss*