• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 5,852 Views, 34 Comments

The Little Pony Legend 3: The Great Change - MaggiesHeartLove



A new Princess, a New Age and a whole new adventure awaits for Avatar Korra and The Mane Six!

  • ...
24
 34
 5,852

Venom of the Red Lotus/Rise and fall of the Alicorn.

*(~)*

James 2:13~

There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when He judges you.

*(~)*

Venom of the Red Lotus/Rise and fall of the Alicorn.

Korra grunted as she tried her best to break free of her chains, her magic blocked by the metallic headband around her forehead. The Avatar had never felt so angry in her entire life, Zaheer was a cruel and heartless man who didn't care about anyone but his own ideals. He was nothing but an empty shell inside, his goal would never bring him true happiness and the sad part was…he wasn't even aware of that fact.

Twilight also tried to break free of her chains, being tied up against the green crystals, which unbeknownst to Zaheer and the Red Lotus, was slowly returning her energy. Whatever these crystals were, they contained some form of magic within them. Korra's eyes burned with an undeniable rage and hatred.

"When I get out of here, none of you will survive!" she threatened, even though it was an empty threat.

"You won't get out." Zaheer stated, "Unless the Metal Clan has taught you a way to bend platinum." he gestured to the cloaked metalbender who was suspending the poison in mid-air. "Once we administer this poison, your body will naturally react, forcing you into the Avatar State in effort to keep you alive. Sadly for you, you'll be entering it for the last time."

"No!" Twilight exclaimed, "The Avatar Cycle!"

"Yes. When we dispatch you in the Avatar State, the cycle will end. So we lucky few, this band of brothers and sisters in anarchy, are witnessing the beginning of an era of true freedom. Together, we will forge a world without kings and queens, without borders or nations, where Man's only allegiance is to himself and those he loves. We will return to the true balance of natural order. And though you will never again be reborn, your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."

Korra's heart pounded in fear, until suddenly, her head began pounding and she screamed. Her vision became cloudy, and her irises suddenly shrunk, her face was calm, stern and emotionless. Zaheer did not understand what was happening, but Twilight did. The Avatar suddenly spoke in a powerful voice.

Your freedom is a lie

Told by a heart of pride

Your goals are small

Compared to the magic of all

Zaheer gazed at Ghazan and Ming-Hua, both who shrugged signaling they too did not have a clue as to what was happening as the Avatar continued her speech.

On you, I take pity

A man who's spirit is empty

Love and hope, shall bring freedom true

Bring me down, so will that fate be on to you

The words the Avatar said remained in Zaheer's head, her words sang loud and clear, echoing in the walls of the cave. It was as if she was speaking with a wisdom beyond her years, as if warning him. But the man dismissed the idea. She was simply using her magic to mess with his head. But Ghazan and Ming-Hua, felt a sudden fear. Korra's eyes returned to normal and she shook her head, feeling dazed from the experience.

"Enough of your games!" Zaheer exclaimed, when he heard the alicorn speak out to him.

"Zaheer, please. Korra is trying to warn you. What you're doing is wrong. You can't bring freedom if you're still trapped within your own pride! You can't keep denying this!"

The man refused to listen to her, he glared and snapped, yelling at her in a fit of rage. "Enough! I will deal with you latter."

Unbeknownst to them, the projection of a certain airbender girl was eavesdropping on the conversation. She knew she had to do something to save her friends.

(~)

Jinora opened up her eyes and found herself once again in her body. She and the other airbenders, ponies and Crusaders were all chained to the floor of a cave, being guarded by Red Lotus sentries. They wore attire similar to the White Lotus, however theirs were colored red. Bumi and Kya were with them, but they were badly wounded; Kya's leg was broken as was Bumi's arm.

"Did you find any way to escape?" Opal asked Jinora, who shook her head.

"No. Not yet. But don't worry, we'll find a way out soon."

"They might not make it that long." Daw turned his head to the injured Kya and Bumi, being attended by Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Korra and the Ponies will come and save us, right?" Ikki asked her sister hopefully. But as mush as she didn't want to believe it, their friends were not going to be able to save them that quickly. So, they had to take matters into their own hands.

"I think we're gonna have to do this on our own." Jinora stated.

(~)

Twilight continued to struggle, trying to activate her magic but it was blocked by the metal. She couldn't let Zaheer do this to Korra. Two Red Lotus guards securing the entrance as Zaheer gave the order, "Administer the poison."

"No!" Twilight screamed, until another sentry covered her mouth with a grape, forcing her to be quiet. With a new boost of energy, she morphed into anthro form and struggled even more in her chains. Zaheer glared at her.

"I'd finish you off now, believe me, I want to. But the Avatar must go down first. Once she's out, you will be far easier to kill."

The alicorn's anger was through the roof. She hatted this man, no doubt about it. The alicorn watched helplessly as the sentry bended the metallic poison, splitting it into four portions and began attaching them to each of Korra's limbs. He metalbended, causing the poison to diffuse into Korra's skin. Throughout the administration, Korra screamed in agony and her eyes began to glow momentarily. Twilight felt her pain. Even though she was not the one being poisoned, she could still feel it stinging through her skin as it sunk deeper and deeper into Korra's system.

"Get ready." said Zaheer to his comrades, "As soon as she's in the Avatar State, take her out."

Ming-Hua bended the tips of her water arms into ice, while Ghazan bended the floor beneath Korra into lava. Korra could feel the poison taking effect, as could Twilight. This sensation was terrible, it was unlike anything she had ever felt before. It was terrifying. The Avatar screamed as she tried her hardest to resist her Avatar State, desperately trying to activate itself. She couldn't allow that to happen. She couldn't. Her eyes threatened to glow, but Korra, using all of her might, prevented them from doing so. Both Korra and Twilight's screams became even louder, sounding less and less human, and more screeching like that of a Banshee.

"Wait. Why isn't she staying in the Avatar State?" Ghazan asked his leader.

"Give it time. She can't resist for long."

"What about her?" Ghazan turned his head towards the screaming alicorn, who briefly glared at them, her eyes briefly turning white as Korra's were doing. That's when Zaheer came to a dire conclusion.

"It seems these ponies have more in common with the Avatar than we thought." he said with a wicked smile. He didn't have to do much to kill off these ponies either.

(~)

While ridding on Lefty, Kai led the others, who rode on Oogi, towards the place where the airbenders had been taken to. "The place where I saw them taking the airbenders is around here." Kai instructed.

"That's got to be where they took Korra and Twilight." Mako stated.

Kai noticed a cave with five air nomads carved on the wall and pointed towards it. "That's it. Down there, Lefty."

The two bisons landed in front of the cave and dismounted Oogie, with Tonraq and Bolin supporting Tenzin. "Find the airbenders, and my family."

"Don't worry." Su promised, "I'm not coming out without our children and the rest of your people."

Fluttershy placed a gentle hand on Tenzin's shoulder, "Be safe." she said before following the rest inside. Mako, however, stopped Spike on his tracks.

"Spike, you stay here. We'll find Korra and Twilight."

The dragon did not hesitate, "Please bring them back safe."

"We will." Mako promised before he and the rest of the team entered the cave while Tenzin looked on.

Once they entered the cave, Applejack screamed when she suddenly felt an incredible pain within her and clenched her chest. The same happened to Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. They all fell to the ground on, grunting and screaming as if they were being tortured from within. Mako, Asami, Bolin and Flash rushed to their aid, asking what was wrong, but the ponies only responded by screaming louder. After a couple of more screams, the ponies calmed down, panting while sweating and their eyes wide in horror.

"It's Korra." Fluttershy said between breaths, "She's in so much pain. We have to hurry!"

(~)

Screaming louder, Korra tried her hardest to resist the poison. Zaheer knew that her energy was wearing low. "It's working."

Korra continued to resisting entering the Avatar state. As she fought from within, her vision became hazy, and suddenly, she could hear voices. Familiar voices from her past. The past that she had tried to put behind her.

"I told you, Korra."

She knew that voice. Her eyes shifted towards Zaheer, his face began to crack up like broken glass and fell off, revealing a mask she had not seen in a long time underneath the skin. The mask of Amon. The man who took away her bending. And took away Twilight's wings.

"The world doesn't need you anymore." she heard his voice say. Her eyes then shifted to Ghazan, who's head turned 360 degrees, changing into the face of her uncle Unalaq. "The time of the Avatar is over, Korra. Give up." Next, her eyes turned to Ming-Hua, who's entire body suddenly morphed into the shape of the ultimate evil. Vaatu.

"You're too weak to resist, and I'm stronger than ever. There's no use fighting. Let go." Her eyes widened even more as their voices continued to echo in her mind.

"Let go. Let go. Let go."

"No…don't let go."

Korra suddenly heard another voice, but unlike the others, this voice was kind. She looked over at her alicorn friend, who at the moment had stopped screaming. But suddenly, her body began to glow brightly and as she rose her head up to look at Korra, she began to morph into the form of a stallion. A white stallion with long dark hair, teal eyes with wings and a horn.

"Prince White?"

"Don't let it go, Korra. Don't let it go. Fight it. Fight it. Fight it."

His voice chanted in an encouraging manner. He was right, she couldn't give up. But how long would she be able to resist the poison? By the looks of it, not for very long. Twilight could take this no more, Korra needed help, she couldn't hold off for much longer. She had to do something.

(~)

With the airbenders and ponies detained, Jinora carried her plan into motion. She turned to her little sister and nodded her head. Ikki shout at the sentries.

"I'm thirsty!"

Meelo rolled down on the ground, "I gotta go pee."

"Me too." said Daw.

One of the Red Lotus sentries turned his head. "Hey! Keep it down over there, or you're all gonna end up like them." he pointed his finger at Bumi and Kya.

"Sir, please." Pema insisted, "We just ask some water. There are children, and a baby here."

The sentry glanced at his partner, who shrugged, before he hesitantly brought the water to the airbenders. Once he offered them the water, Jinora airbended at the sentry, covering his face with his robes, which caused the keys around his waist to fall off. Meelo airbended as well, throwing the keys towards Opal, who caught them in her hands and hid them out of view. The sentry rearranged his robes and glared at the airbenders, feeling foolish for having fallen for that dirty trick.

"Oh, so you just called me over to attack me? Fine! Now nobody gets any water." she said and drank the water in front of them in order to gloat as he walked away, mumbling to himself, "I don't know how we ended up in daycare while everyone else gets to watch the Avatar being destroyed. I can hold a bowl of poison!"

Once he was gone, Opal took out the keys and began unlocking her cuffs. However, the sentry heard the click of the cuffs being opened.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

Before the sentry could act, he was knocked out cold by a rock, which pined him against the wall. "That was for kidnappin' my sister!" Applejack exclaimed angrily, while the rest of Team Avatar stood behind her.

"Applejack!"

"Rarity!"

"I'm here, Sweetie Belle!"

The other sentry bended two rocks at the team, who were protected by Queen Leilani's magical blast. Asami leaped over and stunned the sentry with her electric glove. Once the sentries were subdued, Rarity and Applejack rushed over to their sisters, embracing them in a warm hug.

"Oh, Sweetie Belle! I was so worried. Did they hurt you?"

"I'm okay, Rarity. I'm so happy to see you!"

Opal saw her mother and her beautiful green eyes sparkled with glee, "Mom!"

Su ran over with teary eyes as she hugged her daughter. "Oh, honey, I'm so glad you're safe." to her surprise, Bolin came over and threw Su aside to hug Opal

"Me too." then to his surprise, Pinkie shoved him aside and hugged the airbender, excited to see her new fellow airbender friend. Rarity used her bending to freeze the cuffs, breaking them apart and freeing the rest of the airbenders. Lin supported Bumi while Kya was supported by Queen Leilani and Flash Sentry. Once Jinora was free she was welcomed by a hug from Scootaloo.

"Scootaloo! You're okay."

"I'm not the only one." said the pegasus as she stood aside, revealing Kai standing behind her. Jinora towards him, smiling with relief as she hugged him tightly.

"You're alive! I can't believe it."

Once they ended the hug, Kai scratched the back of his head while blushing. "Why? Just because I was blown out of the sky, and fell hundreds of feet down a cliff? Don't you know it takes more than that to get rid of me?" he said with a wide goofy grin, while Jinora playfully nudged him on the shoulder. The Crusaders then embraced in a group hug, happy to be reunited.

"We have to get these two out of here now." Lin said as she helped Bumi up, "They don't look so good."

"What are you talking about? I feel great!" Bumi slumped down, coughing weakly. Leilani turned to Tonraq, "You go find your daughter, we will get everyone out."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"We're going with you." Mako said, as Bolin and the Mane Six relayed behind him.

"You don't have to search for her." said Jinora, "I know exactly where she's being held."

Suddenly, the ponies felt the pain again, burning and growing. "We have to hurry!" said Pinkie Pie while she clenched her chest, "She can't hold on for much longer!!"

(~)

FInally, Korra could resist no more. The poison was too strong for her, she couldn't fight it any longer. She gave in.

A loud scream echoed in the cave, causing it to shake as Korra's eyes glowed brightly white, even her clipped wings glowed. She had entered her Avatar State, creating a dome of air around her. Twilight watched with tears in her eyes, seeing her best friend in so much pain. Zaheer took the chance.

"Now! Destroy the Avatar!"

But a certain Princess wouldn't have it. Twilight released and incredibly loud shriek, so powerful it shook the very cave, causing several rocks to fall and Red Lotus Sentries to run out of the way. The alicorn's magic reacted to her rage, her desire to help her friend. The metal tube on her horn began to glow bright as magenta smoke came out. In a fiery blast, it broke apart, and the alicorn broke free of her chains with her flames and magical powers. Even smokes of flames emitted from her eyes, she was unleashing a dangerous amount of her magic.

"You will pay for this!!!"

Twilight unleashed a powerful magical blast at Zaheer, causing the rock he was standing on to collapse, forcing him to fly away. Ming-Hua began sending ice shards to Korra, for which Twilight destroyed by breathing fire. Korra struggled and pulled off the chain on her right arm, swinging it toward Zaheer, followed by Ming-Hua. Zaheer dodged the attack, but Ming-Hua was caught off-guard and slammed against a wall, losing her water appendages in the meantime. Ghazan erupted lava toward Korra, who swung the chain around her arm before directing the lava flow with airbending back to Ghazan, causing him to retreat to avoid the lava. Her magic had increased, which caused the metal band to break apart from her forehead. Korra began ripping off the chains on her legs and airbended herself away before propelling herself with firebending to rip off the final chain. She landed in front of Zaheer and bended four boulders and circled them around her before airbending to push the boulder away. The Red Lotus retreated to avoid the attacks, but Twilight continued throwing angry magenta blasts at them. She could no longer fly due to her clipped wings. Korra felt so angry with Zaheer that she breath fire with fury, however, in her rage, Korra didn't see that Twilight was in her line of fire…literally.

"AHHHH!!"

Only when the alicorn screamed in pain did Korra come to her senses. Her eyes still glowed as she witnessed Twilight clinging on to her arm. Korra couldn't believe what she had just done. She burned Twilight Sparkle!

Tonraq, Mako, Bolin and the Mane Six entered the cave, shocked to see Twilight with her burned wound and Korra in her Avatar state looking at her with sincere regret. She heard her father calling out to her.

"Korra!"

But the sound only ignited her rage. Her rage at Zaheer. This was all his fault. He caused all of this to happen. He had to pay.

Korra breathed fire towards Zaheer, who dodged the attacks and flew out through the open roof. Korra propelled fire from her feet and gave chase. Twilight looked up, her anger aimed more towards Zaheer than at Korra. She wouldn't have been like this if he hadn't been so prideful and stupid. Using her firebending, she too propelled herself upwards. Burned arm or not, there was no way she was going to allow Zaheer to get away with this.

"Twilight!" Mako called out to her, but she ignored his voice and flew upwards.

"We have to help them." said Applejack.

"Look out!" Bolin cried out as he blocked Ghazan's incoming attacks.

Mako turned to Tonraq, "You help Korra, we got this."

"We'll go with him." Fluttershy said as she and Pinkie Pie ran off with Tonraq, leaving the brothers, Applejack, Rainbow and Rarity to fight Ghazan and Ming-Hua.

(~)

Zaheer flew out of the cave with Korra giving chase and Twilight close behind. The burning wound did not even matter to her, her focus was on taking down Zaheer. Korra send two boulders to Zaheer who dodged the attacks but was pushed off by Korra. Zaheer grabbed her by the weist and tossed her away, slamming her against a column, Zaheer was hit by a magenta colored blast by Twilight who rammed into him and shoved him against the column like he did to Korra, while Tenzin witnessed the fight. Korra slid down the column and charged toward Zaheer, who got up and followed suit. Korra leaped across columns to regain her ground and circled a pillar, breaking it in the meantime and sending it to Zaheer, who dodged the attack.

Tenzin continued to watch the scene, until he heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

"Daddy!"

He turned around, relieved to see his family alive and safe. "Oh, thank goodness you're all right." he said as he hugged his children. His wife approached him with worry.

"Honey, are you okay?"

"I'll be fine."

The rest of the airbenders walked out of the cave, placing Kya and Bumi onto the ground. Tonraq, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie ran out of the cave. "We have to help Korra." said the chief.

The whole group looked up at the fight, with Korra slamming two pillars toward Zaheer, who dodged the attack. Twilight, with her fire to support her, send three magical blasts at Zaheer as Korra charged towards him. Leilani watched the whole thing unfold and her heart sank.

These two princesses were giving in to their anger.

(~)

Rainbow Dash and Mako both firebended at Ming-Hua, who dodged the attacks and swung out of view. Mako and Rainbow, as well as Rarity gave chase, while Bolin and Applejack engaged Ghazan in combat. Bolin send two rocks to Ghazan as did Applejack, who blocked the attack before using his wall against the two. A.J smashed the attack, but Ghazan hid behind the wall and caught her. Applejack regained her ground and threw Ghazan away, who retaliated with two rocks. Bolin dodged the attacks and smashed a rock.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked.

"I was just remembering the last time we fought." said the lavabender before directing lava at the two. However, Ghazan did not expect to see Bolin suddenly stop the lava flow.

"Well, a lot has changed since then." Bolin directed the lava back to Ghazan, who dodged the attacked via backflip, while Bolin winked smugly at him and Applejack blew a raspberry at the man.

"So that's how you got out of the temple. Not bad. Let's see what you got!"

(~)

Zaheer dodged bent rocks before flying away. Korra bended more rocks at Zaheer and managed to catch up. Korra and Twilight flew toward the arch, before Korra propelled herself up with earthbending and Twilight did the same with her firebending. They both attacked Zaheer with multiple fire blasts, while he retaliated with air blasts, landing a hit and throwing them both onto the ground of a mountain. Zaheer zoomed past Korra, tossing her off the edge, rolling down and grunting as she did. Twilight regained her composure, gasping at seeing her friend rolling down the edge. Korra regained her ground and bended a large boulder to Zaheer, slamming it against a mountain. He managed to avoid the attack and flew back to Korra while Twilight propelled herself upwards at the man, unleashing multiple fire blasts at him, for which he avoided.

Korra landed on a pool of water and directed whips toward Zaheer who managed to dodge all of those attacks but was struck on the right leg. Korra froze the water, causing him to lose altitude. Twilight then charged at Zaheer, but the burn on her arm began to sting. She had been ignoring the growing pain this while time, but now she couldn't brush it off anymore. The stinging arm caused her to loose altitude and crash land onto the mountain. Korra, witnessing her friend, charged up to help her but as she did, the poison acted up and too caused her to crash land onto the mountain. She landed beside her friend, who was now knocked out cold, causing her to morph into her pony form.

With his frozen leg, Zaheer plummeted to the ground, but soon managed to smash the ice and flew back at Korra, who was inspecting her injured friend, especially the burned wound. She saw Zaheer flying upwards and she attempted to breath fire but was stopped by the poison's effects.

"You can't fight me and the poison."

Back on the ground, the group watched as Zaheer was apparently winning this fight. "I can fly up on my bison to help them." Kai said

"You'd never be able to keep up with Zaheer." Lin said, "He's too powerful."

"We have to do something!"

Without another word, Queen Leilani stepped forward, spread open her wings and flew up towards Zaheer as the others watched. The man was just about ready to finish the two off, but was stopped when a regal sounding voice echoed in the mountains.

"Enough!"

Zaheer turned around to see the Alicorn Queen flying before him. "Leave them be." she demanded. However, Zaheer was not taking orders from some queen. Alicorn, or otherwise. WIth Korra down, he reached down and grabbed the unconscious Twilight, holding her upwards, ready to drop her into the rocky end bellow which would most surely kill her in her current state. Leilani's eyes widened in fear.

"If you do anything, she dies!"

Korra was far to weak to move and Leilani knew that Zaheer was not bluffing. He would drop Twilight if she did try anything. She couldn't allow it.

"I mean it. Any magic at all and she gets it. Stand down, pony!"

Leilani looked at the man with a stone cold face. "I pity you Zaheer." the man's eyebrow twitched as she spoke, "You may be able to fly, but in your heart you are empty. Emptiness does not bring freedom. It only brings loneliness. But I have come to the conclusion that is exactly what you wish. You were so blinded by your desire you did not even realize P'Li is not gone."

Zaheer's eyes widened in shock. "What?"

"She's alive, Zaheer. My daughter would not allow her to die."

He couldn't believe it. P'Li was alive. This could not be possible. But, as the possibly dawned down on him, he suddenly began to feel he was loosing altitude. He was lowering down. He shook his head, his rage building up.

"No! You're lying!"

"I don't lie."

"Yes you do! I am finally free!" Zaheer's eyes were wide with rage, and even a hint of insanity. He had finally gained freedom he was not about to lose it now. "You're just like every other queen. Trying to take away my freedom!"

As if in slow motion, Zaheer released Twilight, who began to fall down from the sky. Leilani rushed down towards her, saving the alicorn from hitting the ground. Korra watched as the alicorn queen managed to catch Twilight in time. She then flew up again to fight off Zaheer, but the man managed to trap the alicorn queen in a large tornado, so powerful she could not break free, even with her large wings.

"Prepare to die, Queen!"

With all of his strength, Zaheer used the tornado to propel Leilani downwards into the ground. The alicorn grunted as she made contact with the ground, still holding on to Twilight in her arms. But while she was not injured, she did pass out and was forced to morph back into her true alicorn form, with an equally unconscious Twilight beside her. This was terrible, Zaheer managed to overpower two alicorns and now a half alicorn.

"What do we do now?" Bumi asked. "How can he fly like that?"

Tenzin struggled to move as he looked up. "He's unlocked powers of airbending that haven't existed for thousands of years. One the ancients abandoned because it could only be achieved by relinquishing everything. Including love."

Jinora looked up, her eyes tearing. Her friends were hurt and powerless while she and the airbenders were all here. If only they could use the Elements of Harmony like the girls could. They always managed to accomplish anything by working together...

It was then, she came up with a brilliant idea.

"There haven't been this many airbenders in one place for a long time either. We have power together." she turned to the other airbenders and ponies, including Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. "Princess Korra has already done so much for us, now we need to do the same for her and Twilight. Hurry, everyone form a circle! Follow me."

"You heard the lady!" said Pinkie Pie, "Let's take him down!"

The airbenders all followed Jinora and got into a circle. With Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, Jinora stood in the center and began creating a small vortex that increased in size. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy assisted with the increase of the vortex as the other airbenders created air gusts to the vortex, causing it to increase in size even more.

They may not have the Elements of Harmony, but they did have something that Korra taught them all.

The Magic of Friendship!

(~)

Rarity summersaulted away from Ming-Hua's attack and Mako chased after the woman, breaking off her water appendages, causing her to trip and lose them. She slid down a small hill within the cave as Mako, Rarity and Rainbow Dash stood their ground ready to attack. With her water, Rarity pinned the woman's upper torso up against the wall with her ice, her horn glowing. Ming-Hua could not bend the water at her command. She was stuck.

"Don't even bother breaking out." Rarity said fiercely. "It's over."

Ming-Hua glared at the group, "Not yet." With her free foot, she kicked a people towards Rarity, hitting her horn and blocking her concentration. Ming-Hua took the chance to break free of the ice and jumped away into a hole, avoiding Mako's fire blast. The trio followed the woman into the hole, landing in a lake of water. Mako and Rainbow lighted their wrists, turning to see Ming-Hua behind them…

With eight large water appendages!

"Now it's over!"

Ming-Hua directed multiple water blasts at the trio, forcing them to retreat. They continued to dodge the attacks and Rarity flipped over to the top of a stalagmite, handing Mako her hand to help him up. Just as Ming-Hua was about to attack them, at the exact same time, both Mako and Rainbow Dash pointed their fingers at the water…unleashing lightning! This was the very first time Rainbow was doing this! Unlike Mako's her lightning was in various rainbow colors identical to that of her mane. The lightning attacks from both friebenders merged together and struck Ming-Hua. Ahe screamed in terror. However, while she was being electrocuted, the magic of Rainbow's lightning did not kill her but rather, it was releasing her from the frozen appendages, levitating up upwards while Mako's lighting was the one causing her more physical pain, but not enough to kill her. Bending and magic were working together as one as Ming-Hua froze in fear, seeing the anger in their eyes as Mako spoke;

"This is for Korra."

Working together, Mako and Rainbow pushed Ming-Hua against the rocky wall, and she fell down. She was still breathing, but was out cold. As the trio looked on, Mako and Rainbow Dash looked at one another in shock, both unable to believe what they had just done. Even Rarity was baffled.

"I can't believe you two did that."

"Me…neither?" said Rainbow Dash looking down at her fingers. They heard Ming-Hua grunt, the impact left her very exhausted. However, the kind-hearted pony knew they couldn't leave her here to die. The ponies both looked at Mako with pleading looks. The firebender hung his head and sighed in defeat.

"Fine."

(~)

Applejack was pushed back by a rock from Ghazan who continued to bend lava. Bolin stood in between him and the pony and blocked the lavabending with an earth wall before directing a lava flow back to Ghazan. Ghazan leaped forward and lavabended, turning the wall behind Bolin into lava and directing them to him and Applejack. They both retreated and leaped down as Bolin solidified the lava. Ghazan intercepted Bolin and prepared to attack, but was stopped by Mako, who had joined the fight alongside Rainbow Dash and Rarity. He was caring a weakened Ming-Hua over his shoulder. Rainbow flew toward Ghazan, who tried to block the pony's attack, but was knocked off by her fire kick. Ghazan tried to regain his ground, but was constantly knocked back by the brothers and three ponies.

"Give up, Ghazan!" said Applejack, "You can't win."

Ghazan grunted as he sat back up. "I'm never going back to prison. If I'm going down today, you're coming with me!" Ghazan punched the floor with all of his might, causing rocks to fall down. Ghazan melted the walls around him and directed it downwards.

"Hang on!" Bolin created a platform and the group rode out of the cave, but while on the platform, Ming-Hua managed to kick Mako's gut with her leg and jumped over his shoulder, tripping over and falling down. Rarity extended her hand instinctively to catch her, briefly forgetting she had no hands.

"Ming-Hua!"

"I'd rather die than be saved by you." those were her final words as she fell off the ledge and into the now lava filled ground as the cave collapsed. The brothers and ponies reached a cave opening as they watched the place go down, much to their horror. The brothers, Applejack and Rainbow Dash ran out of the cave but Rarity remained a while longer, looking downward, not seeing a single sign of Ming-Hua or Ghazan.

"Rarity, let's go!" she heard Mako call out to her.

"But--"

"They made their choice."

He was right. They were free to chose. It wasn't her fault they chose wrong. The unicorn ran out and followed her friends.

(~)

Korra continued to resist the poison within her. She had to help Leilani and Twilight somehow, but she was still too weak. Zaheer zoomed past her multiple times to fully knock her out. She grunted as she was being bullied from rock side to rock side, grunting and screaming as she did. His beatings were far worse than the poison within her. Korra fell off the side of the mountain, landing on a ledge, stopping on the side, sighing in exhaustion. Suddenly, her star forehead began to glow bright and she could feel something inside of her, helping her fight back the poison's effect. In fact, she could feel it diminishing it. But just barely. Part of her system might be human, but another part of her wasn't. That was the part that was winning the internal fight even more, giving her human side the strength to continue on. Her human side was exhausted now, but her other half was still fighting. Zaheer did not know any of this information as he smiled wickedly.

"The poison has done its work. The Avatar cycle will be over momentarily."

Then, he heard Korra speak up, though she was laying down, her voice was still strong. "I do not need a vision to know your fate, Zaheer. I may die today…but you have been dead a long time ago."

Once again she was speaking words he did not wish to hear. "I've had just about enough of your witchcraft!"

With the wave of his arms, Zaheer began creating an air vacuum around Korra's head, suffocating her the same way he did to the Earth Queen. But suddenly, he was interrupted when he felt an unexpected gust of wind. He turned around to see a large vortex approaching him.

The airbenders and air ponies, led by Jinora, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were working together to create a wind vortex around the man, which stopped him from suffocating Korra and she tumbled over. Mako, Bolin, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash exited the cave, witnessing the events take fold before their eyes as they shielded themselves from the gust of wind. Leilani finally regained consciousness and looked up to see the display before her. The airbenders and ponies were working together to save their Princess Avatar. The queen felt an enormous wave of happiness overpower her, giving her the strength to spread open her wings.

After all of these years, ponies and humans were working side by side again. And all because Korra and her friends had touched their hearts.

Zaheer flew out to grab Korra and tried to fly away, but was slowly being sucked in by the vortex. After multiple failed attempts to escape the vortex, he dropped Korra and flew off, only to be caught by Korra who flung the chain that was still around her wrist and caught Zaheer by the ankle. Korra dropped down and flung him down with her. The airbenders and ponies stopped their vortex, while Korra landed on the ground, but she had succumbed to the poison and collapsed. Jinora, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie ran up to Korra, while the other airbenders looked on with worry. Su and Lin trapped Zaheer in an earth shell as Tonraq, Mako, Bolin and Asami ran up to Korra, followed by Rarity, Rainbow and Applejack. Queen Leilani flew up, anthro again, while carrying an injured pony Twilight in her arms. Flash quickly took her in his arms. She was still breathing but was very weak.

"Twilight?"

"She'll be alright." said the Queen before she and Flash approached Korra. Tonraq rushed over and held his baby girl in his strong arms, caressing her face as she looked at him with glowing eyes.

"Korra. Sweetheart. It's me, Dad. Please hang on."

With a weakened hand, Korra reached out to her father, but fainted in his arms, causing tears to well up on Tonraq's eyes. Rarity clapped her hands near her mouth, falling down on her knees as she began to sob uncontrollably. Fluttershy began to sob as well, and a teary eyed Pinkie Pie embraced her for comfort. Asami held her hands close to her chest while Mako tried his hardest to resist the tears. But even he wasn't strong enough to keep them in for several rolled down his eyes. Twilight grunted as she wiggled in Flash's arms.

"Put me down." she ordered.

"Twilight.."

"I said; put me down."

Her boyfriend obeyed her request and the weakened alicorn approached her best friend, who was still wrapped in Tonraq's arms. The alicorn nuzzled her hand, "Korra. Korra get up. Come on, you can do this." the alicorn insisted for she refused to believe her friend was gone. "You can beat this. I know you can." but despite her efforts, Korra did not move. Zaheer began to cackle like the villain he truly was.

Lin glared at the mad man, "What are you laughing about?"

"You're too late! The poison has been in her system too long. The Red Lotus has won!"

"No. It has not." Everyone's attention turned to Leilani who approached Korra, caressing her face gently and lovingly like a mother as she spoke softly to her. "Twilight is right, Korra. You can fight this. Darkness always surrenders to the purity of Light. Don't you feel it?" As she spoke, Korra's eyes began to twitch. "Don't be scared. Let go of your fears. Your story's not over. Not yet. Let your magic flow within you. Let it heal you."

Korra obeyed her instructions and slowly started to calm herself down, focusing only on her magic. She then began to feel something stirring inside of her, diminishing the pain of the poison. All she thought about was that she wanted---no, she needed---to get the poison out. She refused to go down like this. The more she thought about it, the more the sensation grew, and the pain and sting of the poison began to leave her blood, as if it was all being sucked away in some kind of internal vacuum, which was slowly reaching upwards to her throat.

Suddenly, the Elements of Harmony manifested in the Ponies' chests, including Twilight. Korra opened her eyes, her wings and star glowing brightly as well as her own eyes as the mercury poison, now surrounded by a blue aura, was being pulled out of her mouth, causing her to cough. Korra was actually levitating the substance out of her system. Leilani took the poison with her own magic and tossed it aside, vaporizing it. Korra's alicorn magic was what was protecting her from dying even quicker, but she had to be fully connected with it in order to completely fight off the poison. In her fear, anger and anxiety during the whole ordeal, she had nearly forgotten.

Once the poison was completely gone, the Elements ceased their glowing and Twilight laid down beside Korra, still conscious but completely worn out. Korra's eyes stopped glowing, smiling at seeing her father.

"Dad. You're alive."

Tonraq was so happy to see his baby alive. He hugged her tightly, refusing to let her go. "I'm here for you. I'm never gonna let you go."

Everyone else smiled and cried tears of joy. Korra was alive. Weak but alive. However, Zaheer was not so happy about this. "No! No! You don't understand! The revolution has already begun. Chaos is the natural order of-" but before he could rant anymore, Bolin gaged him with a sock.

"See what I did there? I put a sock in him, literally."

Both Opal and Asami simply shrugged and smiled, both responding in unison, "Classic Bolin."

"I do what I do." Bolin said with a smug smile.

Korra wiggled a bit in Tonraq's hug, wanting to see her injured alicorn friend. Her eyes widened at the scar on her left leg. She had nearly forgotten she had burned her in her fit of rage in fighting off the mercury poison and her growing anger towards Zaheer. Sure, she was alive, injured and probably won't be able to properly walk for a while, but what pained her even more was that, after promising to Twilight she would be there for her before they began this journey…she hurt her. Unintentionally, but still.

Twilight gave Korra a weak smile, but for the first time ever…she did not return it. The Avatar turned away, not wanting to look at the damage she had done. This hurt Twilight even more than her wound.

(~)

Tonraq carried Korra bridal style into the airship, ready to head home. Mako couldn't bare to see Korra like this. Rainbow Dash walked up to him and placed her arm around his shoulder for comfort as they both entered the airship. Bolin noticed Asami's teary eyes and also placed a hand on her shoulder for comfort. Seeing Korra like this was hard for all of them. As the two walked inside, Opal caught a glimpse of the two. She didn't look jealous exactly, only…skeptical.

Flash carried Twilight in his arms while Zaheer was handcuffed by the metal clan guards. He tried to fly away but to no avail. "Let me go! You can't take me! I'll just break out again!"

"Zaheer."

His eyes widened in shock and even horror….as his supposedly dead girlfriend walked up towards him, accompanied by Luna and Celestia. Zaheer couldn't believe it. Leilani really wasn't lying. P'Li expected him to be happy to see her, but instead she got a very unexpected and unpleasant surprise.

"No. This isn't possible! No!" Zaheer began to lower down. With P'Li back, he had lost his freedom and was no longer 'in the void'. What he had accomplished was now gone. "No! No you can't be alive! I was finally free! How could you do this to me!"

Tears fell from P'Li's eyes. This was no longer the man she loved. This was not the Zaheer she knew. In fact, she probably fell for the wrong side of him to begin with. There was a time when he would have done anything for her, but now that he had what he wanted before, he was treating her like a stone holding him back. Zaheer had finally lost his humanity, his love and sanity. The woman looked away from him, canceling out his angry cries.

After all of these years…P'Li was wide awake.

(~)

Inside the airship, Korra rested on a bed in her own room when came a knock on the door. Her boyfriend walked in, wearing a concerned look on his face. "Your dad said you wanted to see me." he said. Korra gestured with her hand to sit on the side of the bed. The two held hands as Korra spoke.

"You saw what I did."

"It was an accident."

"I made her a promise, Mako. I promised her I would help her find her purpose the same way she helped me find mine. But now…I did this. I failed."

"But you didn't. You managed to fight the poison and found the power to remove it."

"And if I hadn't?"

Mako held her hand tightly, "Don't think like that. Leilani said your magic was stronger than it. She was right and you're okay now. And the airbenders, you should have seen them, they and the ponies working together to save you. You reached out to them and showed them a new life. You gave them courage." Mako gently removed strands of hair from her face. "I'm so proud of you."

"I wish I could say the same thing." Korra said sadly.

"She's not mad, you know. She can never stay mad at you."

"I know…that's what makes this so hard. I just…I can't see her right now."

Mako understood her needs. He knew Twilight would be heartbroken to hear this, but Korra needed her space. He got up and gently kissed her forehead with all the love in his heart. "Rest now. You've earned it."

With that, he walked out of the room, leaving the young Avatar to silently weep over everything that had just happened.

(~)

Two weeks have passed, Zaheer was back in prison and thanks to the Royal Alicorns, P'Li was free to live her own life. She could not believe that a Queen and two Princesses gave her more freedom than she ever had with the Red Lotus. She now realized that forgiveness was one of the ways to obtain true freedom.

And it suited her just fine.

Twilight's injuries were healed, she could walk again and her bruises and scars were fading day by day, but her feathered wings would take a few days to grow back. Being an alicorn, they could grow faster than normal pegasus wings. This wasn't like before with Amon, who crippled them in such a way it could have taken years for them to get back to the way they were. She was fortunate this was not the case this time. However, the burned mark on her right left leg, or arm when in anthro form, still remained. She could still feel the flames on her skin when Korra burned her. She knew she did not do it on purpose, she was trying so hard to fight the poison inside of her that she kind of lost it. Mako had said she didn't want to be around Twilight for a while, and that itself was even more painful than the burn.

The airbenders returned to Air Temple Island, and Korra, thanks to a certain Zebra, got the medical treatment she needed. Because Korra's DNA was mixed with that of an alicorn, her insides were more resilient, especially if channeling all of her magic, for which she did in order to remove the poison from her system. However, being an alicorn did not mean she would be healed immediately.

Alicorns can be wounded like any other pony, but their injuries take a bit less time to heal. They do not heal right away or overnight all of the time but they often don't last for all that long either. Give or take a few or couple years depending on the injury itself. Because Korra was still partly human, and the beatings she received from Zaheer, she was banged up pretty badly. Zecora recommended a healing tonic for Korra to drink twice a day, one in the morning and one at night, to accelerate the healing of her bruises. However, her wings would also take some time to grow back, but Leilani guaranteed that they would. Korra was also pretty damaged on her legs, having experienced a pretty nasty fall, but the zebra stated they should get back to normal as long a she continued to drink the tonic. In the meantime, Korra would not be able to walk or move properly for a while.

They knew she would be up again soon, but for now she was needed to go around in a wheelchair. Her magic was still strong, but it did take up a lot of her energy. Because she had used it so much during that battle, she needed to keep the magic to a minimum in order for it to properly help with the healing, which meant she couldn't levitate or cast any spells if she wanted to get better quicker. So someone had to push her chair around for her to go places.

The experience with Zaheer, as well as what happened with Twilight, really took a toll on Korra's spirit. She was relieved her friends were alive and thanks to Zecora's medicine, as well as her powerful alicorn side, would help her get better sooner than most humans. But she still couldn't do some things on her own. For the past two weeks, Korra could barely sleep. She was haunted by nightmare's of her possible death by Zaheer, and her accidentally burning her best friend. Queen Leilani would often visit her, giving her words of wisdom and encouragement, but Korra's own victory was overshadowed by her guilt. On the one side, she was relieved that she would get well soon and that she found the power to overtake such a deadly substance, her friends were alive, as was she, but that still did not shake away the terror and fear she felt while all of that was happening. The experience was terrifying, not just for her but for her friends. She hated that she made them all go through that. And what she did to Twilight. She just couldn't shake the guilt away. No amounts of "it was an accident' or 'I forgive you' could help her with this. It was like a permanent tattoo on her brain. She wondered if this feeling was ever going to leave…she feared it might not.

All of this went around in Korra's head as Asami took the hairpin from her lips and inserted it into Korra's bunned hair. Rarity added the finishing touch by placing Korra's Princess crown over her head. Both ladies were helping Korra get ready as she sat on her wheelchair.

"There you go. All fixed up for a formal Princess appearance. Take a look." Asami said proudly and passed a mirror in front of Korra for her to see. Korra looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were grin-looking and she had dark shadows under her eyes. Once again, she had a very restless sleep due to nightmares.

"It's great. Thanks." she said emotionlessly.

Rarity kneeled down beside Korra, looking at her with sympathy. "You know, nobody expects you to bounce back right away. It's only been two weeks. You need time to heal. You have been taking the tonic, right?" Korra nodded her head and Rarity inspected Korra's wings, already seeing new feathers growing in. "Your wings are growing back beautifully. And you did manage to get yourself into that dress."

"Just barely." said the Avatar, her voice deprived of emotion, glancing at her friend expressionlessly. Asami kneeled down beside her as well and both girls took hold of Korra's hands, tightly.

"We want you to know that we're here for you." said Asami with much compassion, "If you ever want to talk, or, anything. But let's just try to enjoy today; for Jinora."

Korra's eyes slightly widened and she took in a deep breath. "You're right. Okay, let's go."

Asami wheeled Korra out of her room with Rarity walking beside her. Outside, airbenders and ponies entered a building up a flight of stairs. Tenzin, his family as well as Tonraq, Senna, Lord Zuko, President Raiko, the Royal Alicorns and now the once-human again Queen Hou-Ting awaited patiently for the Avatar. After her experience as a mouse, Hou-Ting had changed. She got to see first hand what true kindness and forgiveness was all about. She no longer wore her old royal robes, but rather she was now wearing a much more modern green suite and skirt, almost identical to that of a secretary. She had gotten rid of her long green fingernails and golden accessories. She wore her hair in a bun, and a simple pink lotus blossom, which was placed there by sweet Fluttershy. The first one in a long time to ever show her kindness. Even as a mouse. Also joining them was P'Li, now wearing a lovely light red gown and a lovely sunhat, covering her bandaged forehead. Mako stood there as well, along with Flash Sentry, Spike and the rest of the Mane Six, save for Rarity. Twilight was wearing her crown, her black eye gone and her left arm bandaged. Along with them was Lin and Shinning Armor and Princess Cadance. Mako, Flash and Shinning Armor would constantly try to inspect Twilight's burned arm, and each time she would swat them away in annoyance.

"Would you guys stop! I'm fine."

"You sure it doesn't hurt?" her brother asked, earning a groan from his sister.

"Yes, big brother, I'm sure. I've been sure the last ten times you asked me. And yes, I have been counting."

All of their attention turned to Asami and Rarity who came over while Asami wheeled Korra in front of the crowd. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, both wearing air nomad clothing, gave Korra two lovely lotus blossoms, and the Avatar embraced them in a hug. Applejack and Rainbow Dash came over as well with blossoms of their own and Spike gave her a fire lilly. Flash and Shinning Armor both took turns in kissing the back of her hand and Mako kissed her on the forehead. Lord Zuko, Hou-Ting and the Alicorns bowed to Korra, who nodded back. Her eyes shifted to Twilight, but Korra turned her gaze away, making Twilight frown. Senna ran towards Korra, hugging her tightly and Tonraq kneeled before her. "You look beautiful, sweetie." he said before kissing he forehead and she smiled. Tenzin smiled at her direction.

"You're looking stronger everyday, Korra." he said, and he meant it. Despite her exhausted appearance and clipped wings she was slowly gaining more color on her face and her feathers were growing back day by day. Raiko stepped forward and bowed.

"I'd like to officially welcome you back to Republic City. You would be happy to know that the unity between humans and spirits is progressing wonderfully, thanks to you."

All Korra could do was nod in approval. Hou-Ting, while bashfully looking downward, approached the wheel-chaired princess and bowed down. "I want to apologize for the beastly way I treated you and your friends. I know that the last time we saw each other, it didn't end on the best terms and I don't blame you for being angry. But on behalf of everyone, I want to thank you for taking down those Red Lotus terrorists." to her surprise, Korra placed a gentle hand on Hou-Ting's shoulder, while smiling kindly.

"You're on your way." she said. The former earth queen smiled as tears of relief formed in her eyes. Next was P'Li, as she approached Mako stood protectively beside Korra, but the woman had no intention of hurting the princess. She had been through enough already. She reached into her pocket and pulled something out.

"I believe this…belongs to you."

Korra's eyes widened as did the ponies'. In her hand, was the Chest. P'Li gently placed the object on Korra's palm and a rainbow shimmer could be seen against its silvery colored platting.

"I don't know exactly what it is or what it means, but I do know it chose you for a reason. You and your friends." Korra was speechless. The chest was back. She could feel its magic within, more powerful now than ever before. Korra nodded in gratitude to P'Li.

"We should get you inside." said Applejack.

Ikki and Meelo came up to them. Ikki ran beside Asami, "I can help."

"I want to ride with Korra." Meelo leaped onto Korra's lap, making her smile as she hugged the young airbender. "Jinora's already inside. Smells like shoe trees."

"Sandalwood, Meelo." Ikki corrected as Asami wheeled Korra to the foot of the stairs, with the Mane Six, minus Twilight joining them. Pinkie Pie turned around, awaiting for Twilight to join…but she never did.

Lin stood by them, "I got this." she said and bended the floor around them, creating a block that would rise them up. She placed a hand on Korra's shoulder. "Hang in there, kid." she said and the group moved up the stairs.

"She still doesn't look too good." Raiko said.

"Neither would you if you'd gone through what she had." Tonraq exclaimed.

"She'll be fine. She just needs time to heal." Tenzin stated, "The poison took a great toll and she needs to keep her magic in tact for the time being. She will be back as she was soon enough."

"At least she can now rest." said Hou-Ting, "I shall be returning to the Earth Kingdom soon. Only this time, I shall do my best to be a better queen." she promised while placing a hand over her heart and the alicorn queen placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled proudly.

"That you will, Hou-Ting. Don't forget to write and let me in on your progress."

The newly-reformed Earth Queen smiled, "Of course, your Majesty." her smile then changed into a worried frown, "But what will be done of the other Red Lotus members out there?" she asked.

"She's right," said Zuko, "Even with Zaheer locked up, we don't know how many there are, hiding."

"I'm afraid you're right." said Princess Luna, "Like it or not, the world is still getting more and more dangerous."

"And we will need the Avatar now more than ever." said Raiko, "Who will protect us while she's in a wheelchair?"

Tenzin began pondering on this, who would take the reigns while Korra was healing? Sure the Mane Six could help out in Republic City as could Twilight, but what about their responsibilities in Equestria. But then, he remembered Korra's speech from back in the South Pole after Harmonic Convergence.

And then, it struck him

(~)

Inside the temple, everybody, and everypony, as gathered in the ceremonial hall where incense sticks were burning. Air Acolytes and many guests were seated on the two rows looking at a small stage-like plane, witnessing the ceremony, while airbenders stood on the stage. Jinora is in the middle, wearing a hood. Scootaloo was with the airbenders as Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie stood beside the other airbenders as honorary members of the Air Nation. Korra and the rest stood on the right corner of the room as Tenzin stepped forward. He turned his head to his daughter.

"Jinora, come forward."

The young girl bowed and walked forward before kneeling before her father. Fluttershy smiled proudly while Pinkie Pie smile widely in excitement.

"Today, we welcome the first airbending master in a generation. And I couldn't be more proud of my daughter." From underneath her yellow hood, Jinora looked up and smiled. "When the existence of our people was threatened, when the Avatar's life hung in the balance, Jinora never gave up hope. Thanks to her leadership, I see a very bright future for the Air Nation. Of course, there would be no Air Nation without Avatar Korra: she opened the portals and somehow the world began anew for us. And she was even willing to lay down her own life in order to protect ours."

As Korra listened to his words, she could feel her heart pounding, not to rapidly but a bit faster than normal. The memory of her confrontation with Zaheer was still clear in her mind.

"But this was not the first time she has shown true heroism. She defeated Amon and reminded everyone in our city that we are all one in the same. She defeated Vaatu and saved not only our world, but our pony brothers and sisters from Equestria. She united two worlds, forming friendships and touching hearts all around." he turned to smile at the young Avatar, "Including mine. She, along with her friends have taught us all that Friendship truly is Magic. There's no way we can ever repay them for all they have done. But we can follow their example of service and sacrifice. So while Korra recuperates, the Air Nation will reclaim its nomadic roots and roam the earth. But unlike our ancestors, we will serve people of all nations, working wherever there is corruption and discord to restore balance and peace." he once again turned to Korra. "Princess Avatar Korra, I vow that we will do everything in our power to follow in your footsteps and bring harmony to the world, for none of us would even be here without you. Thank you for being not only a wonderful and glorious Princess…but also, the best friend any of us have ever had." Tenzin bowed before Korra and bowed back with her head, smiling as her eyes became teary.

"Now, let us anoint the master who will help lead us in our new path."

Pinkie Pie started to jump up and down, "Oh! I'm so nervexcited!"

Tenzin removed Jinora's hood, revealing her shaved head and new airbender tattoos. "Although, did she really need to shave her pretty hair?" Rarity asked, though proud of Jinora, it was kind of odd to see her bald. She was the near spitting image of her late grandfather.

As Jinora stood up, Pinkie Pie took the lead, "That's our cue, guys!" together, the airbenders bended the smoke from the burning incense sticks, sounding the wind chimes around the hall as Jinora hugged her father. The audience clapped happily for the new airbender master, while a tear rolled down Korra's cheek.

However, there was one pony who wasn't standing with them all, rather she was observing from the sidelines, far from her friends. She looked down at her bandaged arm and then back at Jinora. Even though this was her day, Korra got a pretty big half of the glory cake too. She was praised for being a wonderful princess and for saving their worlds. Granted this was what Twilight always wanted for Korra, to be recognized for all of the wonderful things she had done, and now her message and example was spreading far and wide. The airbenders were practically her kingdom now. She witnessed the tear fall from her eye, only to be wiped by Mako's loving hand as he kneeled beside her, both smiling at one another lovingly. Even though Korra was injured, she had done so much even while being poisoned from the inside…while Twilight was beaten down and brushed aside. Korra would get better soon and she could clearly handle herself better now than she ever could before. The alicorn weeped as the truth hit her.

Korra didn't need her anymore.

(~)

"Very sorry. You came out of nowhere." The pony said kindly. He figured this was simply a lost old stallion. His heart raced as the figure spoke in a slow, clam but also somewhat scary voice.

"Is he friend of is he foe, the pony wonders…"

The unicorn looked at him in confusion. "I can assure you, I am no friend…."

"And I will take what should have been mine long ago…"

But this story…

Is not over just yet.

(~)

Author's Note:

What, did you think this story was over?
Think again.