• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 342 Views, 1 Comments

Pony Madness - rainbowdarth



Twilight has found ancient remains of what looks like an alicorn. But what awaits her and the others when she unknowingly awakens it?

  • ...
 1
 342

Descent Into Madness

“Has it said anything?” Twilight asked as she walked in the room.

”It hasn’t moved a muscle since we found it within the lower dungeon.” Twilight’s personal friendship guard, Nightshade said.

“No pony goes near it until I know it is safe. Whatever it is, I want to be the first to try and communicate with it.” Twilight commanded.

“Of course, Princess Twilight.” Nightshade said as she saluted.

Twilight turned the corner.

POW!

A hoof pulled her into a large box.


Twilight awoke tied to a chair with a single light hanging from above. “Hello? Anypony there?” She asked.

“Why were there balloons put in the castle without my prior knowledge yesterday?!” demanded a pink mare in a black ninja outfit as she slammed her hooves onto the table, breathing in and out way too deeply to be considered average.

“Pinkie? Why did you hit me and tie me to a chair?!” Twilight yelled while she glared at Pinkie Pie and wobbled her chair from side to side.

“Well, that’s a simple question, Twilight. I am investigating you. Isn’t it exciting?” said Pinkie Pie as she smiled brightly.

“Uh...” Twilight groaned. Her horn glowed a low purple hue for a few seconds, then she stood up. She flew through the air as her eyes and horn were filled with the most exquisite rage as she tackled Pinkie.

Pinkie’s "Pinkie Sense" started kicking into overdrive.


Within the cage, rumbled the remains of what looked to be an ancient alicorn. Red hue pierced its eye stocks as sparks shot off of it.

Nightshade jumped up as rainbow lights flew past her.

Rattle! Snap! Crack! Pop! Boom!

The noises erupted out of the room and pushed Nightshade against the wall.

Smack!

Nightshade’s eyes fluttered shut as her limbs fell limp.


Equestria shook like Pinkie on a sugar rush as something horrible was unleashed upon Equestria. It was felt far and wide across the land like a nuclear shockwave. For the first time, all of Equestria was in sync as panic oozed into every crack. Everypony screamed in horror as the land underneath them cracked and groaned in protest.

"Twilight, look out!" Pinkie said, almost pulling out her mane.

Twilight looked up and saw the massive shockwave crashing through the room like a tornado.

"Oh Celestia," She said as her horn lit up.

Poof!

She disappeared in a flash of light.

"You! hoo! Twilight? Where did you go?" Pinkie asked. She moved her head back and forth, faster than a rabbit could buck, across the room, but there was no sign of where Twilight went.

Her tail twitched and the ceiling broke apart, unable to hold the pressure. She quickly hopped from debris to debris while searching for an escape. Light flowed through the growing hole breaking through the ceiling as she jumped for freedom. Her hoof caught hold of the edge as cracks sped up their domination of the ceiling. Dear Celestia, please, she thought as she tried to steady her hooves. Her hoof slipped as a shadow flew past with a rainbow trail flowing behind. She vanished into the rainbow as the ceiling gave in to the torment.