• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 3,036 Views, 56 Comments

Quest For Uncovering - Gingerboyman



Discord is being tormented by a strange dream and equally strange feelings for Fluttershy. Things get even more peculiar during the Lunar Convergence Celebration, where a question arises that Discord has not thought about in a long time.

  • ...
3
 56
 3,036

Chapter 4

Discord and Shining Armour descended the steps that lead down to the natural history museum forum, their trip was done mainly in silence and they did not see any other work ponies about.
“ Most likely on their lunch break,” Discord thought.

When they got to the forum the prince stopped and turned to Discord.

“ah... Discord” Shining said casually “I don't want to seem rude but you should probably change before we go any farther”

“You’re absolutely right, Shining Armour I should ” Discord agreed. A click of his talons, and a dark blue suit with and white dress shirt appeared on him . “ I am going to be with a prince and princess after all, have to look my best, and probably smell my best ” he added.

Discord clicked his talons again and a cologne bottle appeared and floated about him ,spraying him with strong smelling pink mist.

“Discord ..that’s.. not ….. what …I meant!” Shining Armour said between coughs, as he tried to clear the air with his hoof of the noxious fumes.

Discord snapped his lions paw, and the suit as well as the fumes were gone. “I know, you want me change my form” he said with a slight melancholy tone.

Shining Armour lowered his head in shame “ Yes,…. but you should know” he quickly added “that Cadence and I don’t mind your true self , in fact most ponies don’t mind your true self its just…. well” he trailed off.

“The rest..” Discord said. He had a hard time believing Shining Armour’s word, that most ponies did not mind his true self.

The only ponies that he knew who could stand him and see him as a friend were twelve individuals plus one dragon.

There was a silence between the two.

“Well” Discord finally said. “ We would not want to keep your miss waiting”

And in a flash of white light the draconequus was gone, in its’ place was a unicorn with grey coat, a black mane and a cutie mark of a tornado. The only thing that remained of Discord’s true form were his eye coloring and his horn was blue, like that of his goat horn.

The prince looked Discord over in his new pony form.“ You're going to need to cover up the horn or lose it, Discord.” he finally said.

Discord raised his eyes to his horn.
“Just precautionary step so ponies don’t get suspicious or start getting ideas to your identity ”, the prince added.

“Fine” Discord said . His horn glowed blue and a black top hat appeared covering his horn. “ Anything else , or can we go to lunch?” he asked a little hotly.

“ Na, we’re good” Shining Armour said, turning on his hoofs, making his way to the doors. Discord trailing behind him, getting used to the feel of his pony form.

They opened the doors and were greeted by the warm sun. At the foot of the steps, that lead up to the museums, they saw a pink Alicorn.

“Cadence!” the prince cried excitedly, and ran down the steps to embrace his wife.

Cadence, looked up to where the voice was coming from and grinned at the site of her husband , galloping down the steps toward her “Shining” she cried .
The two shared a loving embrace.

“How are things at the museum ?”she asked

“The preparations are going great,” Shining Armour said. “
At first we had some problems because a certain special helper was late but once he got here things started to move along.”
“Speaking of a special helper, will he be joining us for lunch?” Cadence inquired.

“Surprisingly ye-“ the prince was cut off.

“Ah, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, such an honour to meet you”

Cadence looked away from her husband, at the new speaker.

Descending the steps was a grey pony, wearing a top hat and sunglasses, a grin plastered on his face.

He walked up to her so casually which was unusual, though she did not mind, most ponies were uneasy approaching her due to her high class.

The stallion walked up to her and gave a deep bow, “ It has been a while, Cadence, but I am sure you remember me?”

Cadence’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion and was about to apologise to the pony, about not remembering . Until he lowered his sunglasses revealing a pair of yellow and red eyes and, slightly raised his top hat revealing a blue horn.

Cadence expression of confusion changed instantly turned to one of recognition .

“O how could I ever forget about you, Dustball” Cadence said cheerfully.

It was Discord turn to mimic Cadence’s earlier confused look, “ Dustball?” he said.

Shining Armour and Cadence, shared a laugh at the confused expression on the lord of chaos, it was not often Discord was the one confused.

“Dustball?” Discord repeated.

“Your undercover name.” the prince whispered in his ear.

“You couldn't have let me choose my undercover name.” Discord muttered.

“You probably would have chosen such a strange name , that everyone will know it’s you” Shining said bluntly.

“Still you couldn't have chosen something that goes with my cutie mark, like,” Discord, put a hoof to his mouth, in thought. “Like, Tornado, or Whirlwind, perhaps Cyclone, or can I at least be cold Dust Devil.”

“Discord”. Cadence said, in a stern tone. “ Do you want to go to lunch with use or not, because if so Dustball is your given name.”

Discord eyed Cadence ,behind his sun glasses. Becoming a regular princess this one is , Discord thought to himself.
“Fine” Discord said “ Dustball it is.”

“Great” Cadence said in a now cheery tone, clapping her hooves together. “lets get going to lunch or we might take the rest of the day away”

0000000
There trip was mostly done in silence, with the occasional whispered conversation from Cadence and Shining Armour.

The couple tried to get Discord involved in the conversation. But he had retreated into the deepest parts of his mind, thinking of the best way to phrase his question of love to Cadence.

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he was starting to trail behind the princess and prince, and did not see them stop.

“Ugh” Shining Armour said as Discord walked into his back, causing them both to lose their balance and fell on top of another in unceremonious spill.

“Shining” Cadence cried, rushing to where the two unicorns lay sprawled. “are you two okay?”

“ I’m good” Shining Armour replied as he extracted himself from the mess of limbs and bodies and got shakily to his hooves.

“Dustball, how about you?” the prince asked as Discord dusted himself off

“Who?” Discord said

Cadence and Shining looked about uneasily as some ponies stated to gather at the spectacle.

“You, Dustball,” Cadence said “ are you okay”, she said slowly and methodically.

It took Discord a moment to remember that Dustball, was his undercover name.

“O ya I am good, well except for …..”

“Except what?” Shining Armour asked.

“ Everything is upside down” Discord said.

Shining and Cadence shared a deadpan face.

“That’s because you're on your back” Cadence stated.

“O.. well that would explain it” Discord said, as he got up off his back quickly, and dusted himself off, feeling more than a bit embarrassed.

“ And here I thought some handsome, smart, charming, hilarious, draconequus, was having some fun, in flipping the world upside down, for the enjoyment for all ponies” Discord said with a grin.

Cadence and Shining Armour expressions immediately turned to one of amusement.

“ If said draconequus were to do such a thing, Dustball, then he would lose his vacation time and spare day.” Cadence said.

Discord blinked in bewilderment “I have vacation time?”

“O look we’re at the Pivoting Pegasus ” Shining Armour quickly said , before Discord could blow his cover any further.

“Remember this place Cadence, we used to come here when we dated in at the Canterlot Academy.”

Cadence turned to her husband, and smiled “ How could I forget Shining, this is where you brought me the night when you proposed to me.”

“One of, if not the best thing that I did” , Shining Armour said. He then leaned over and kissed his wife on the lips.

Discord rolled his eyes at the couple’s affection. And looked around to see a small group of ponies forming around them. Most seemed focused on the royals of the Crystal Empire

Discord cleared his throat, “ Well if you two are done reminiscing, can we go in? I am starving.” And with that said he turned and made his way to the door of the restaurant.
The two lovers finished their kiss, and followed their chaotic guest.

Once inside the Pivoting Pegasus they were greeted by receptionist, behind an ivory-coloured desk.

The stallion was an earth pony, had a golden mane and emerald green eyes and his coat was a deep shade of indigo. He was dressed in a waiter’s uniform, but in Discord’s opinion he did not wear it well at all. He could have worn it infinitely better.

The receptionist’s eyes glinted with excitement, and a warm smile spread across his face which he directed at the three newcomers; more precisely, Discord noted, at the prince and princess.

“Welcome your majesty to the Pivoting Pegasus ” said the receptionist as he gave a deep bow.

Cadence smiled “No need for formalities please, my good pony” Cadence said “My Husband and I are here on our lunch break, and that means no royal titles. You can call us, Cadence and Shining Armour.”

“O-of course your magist-, Royal, Ah I mean Princess Cadence” Reception said, his head lowering. The pony face had changed from its natural colour of purple, to a remarkable shade of red. Discord noted that pony’s face resembled Spikes whenever he did something embarrassing in front of Rarity.

Cadence just gave a gentle smile at the embarrassed pony, “ That will do,” she said, “but in future you can get rid of the princess part, okay?.”

“Of course Prin-” the pony caught himself “Of course Cadence” he finally said with a sheepish smile.

Cadence face broke into a wider smile “ Now if you don’t mind, Penny Shine could you please show the three of us to a table”

The Stallion, now known as Penny Shine blinked in surprise. “You know my name” Penny Shine said.

“Of course I do” Cadence said “ it’s the duty as princess of Equestria to know, guide and guard, her fellow ponies and...” Cadence continued.“ it’s on your name tag”. Her bright blue magic glowed around Penny Shine’s golden name tag.

Penny Shine blushed again. “O well.. um where would you like to sit? booth or table” he said quickly.

Cadence turned to Shining Armour and Discord “ Any personal thoughts?” she said.

“I dont mind where we sit” Shining Armour said.

“I am good with either or.” Discord agreed.

Cadence turned back to Penny Shine. “ Either is fine” she said.

“please follow me then” Penny Shine said, regaining some composure as he lead the small group to their booth.

Once there, Shining Armour and Cadence took one end of the booth, leaving Discord to the other.

“A waiter will be along “ Penny Shine said with his composure full restored.

Cadence smiled, “Thank you, Penny Shine.”

A slight blush appeared on Penny Shine’s cheeks. “You’re welcome…Cadence” and he hurried away.

“Well,that wasn’t awkward at all” Discord said sarcastically, once Penny Shine was out of earshot.

Shining Armor and Cadance scowled at him.
Discord, just grinned in response.

A waitress soon came with their menus .
She was an as well earth pony with a white coat, corn colored mane, with eyes the color of coffee beans.
“Welcome your highness to the Pivoting Pegasus ” the waitress said excitedly as she gave a deep bow, in Cadence and Shining’s direction.

“and guest” Discord muttered to himself.

The waitress either did not hear him, or did not pay any attention to Discord’s words, and continued to address Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armour.

“ Might I just say on behalf of all the staff of the Pivoting Pegasus, it is a great honour and a privilege to have you having lunch at our establishment.”

Shining Armor grinned. “ The honour is all ours, that you can make time for us here for lunch at your fine dining establishment ” he said.

Discord made a quick sweep of the room, yeah, they were simply overflowing with customers. He thought cynically.
In truth the Pivoting Pegasus was pretty barren with a few customers scattered around the place digging into their lunches, now and then looking up to catch a glimpse of Princess Cadence and Shining Armour.

No doubt the scarcity of customers would change once ponies realized that the guardians of the Crystal Empire were eating here. Discord also noted that they were in the booth farthest away from any window, most likely to avoid any ponies disturbing them.

While Discord was making these silent observations, the waitress kept on talking.

“Our specials for today are a daisy, cheese, green pepper toasted panini, a tomato soup sprinkled with chives and basils and a dollop of cream, and Cranberry, goat cheese, pecan nut salad with the option of added sliced apples or sliced tangerines.”

“Could you please give us a few moment to look at our menus and decide, because it all sounds great” Cadence told the waitress.

“O... of course princess but may I interest you in some beverages while you make your decision?”

“What type of drinks do you have?”

"We have , tea, coffee and a variety of juices and soft drinks.”

Cadence turned to her Husband

“A pot of tea? “ she asked her husband.

“Works for me” Shining Armor said.

“One pot of tea?” the waitress asked.

Cadance nodded her consent.
“How about you, Dustball.” Cadence asked “A pot of tea?”

Discord pondered this as he really only drank tea with Fluttershy; his heart increased its pace at the thought of her name reminding him of his mission at hand, or in his current form hoof.

He also doubted they sold chocolate milk, and even if they did, Cadence or Shining Armour might call him out on it saying it will arouse suspicion as to his true identity.

A thought struck him then, and a sly grin crept across his face.

“ Thank you Cadence but no” Discord said, as he turned to face the waitress.

“ But if it’s not too much trouble,” he said to the waitress, “could I have just .a glass. of.water?”

Discord noted ,out of the corner of his eye, Cadence raise her menu to cover her face, and Shining Armor give a look of confusion between his wife and Discord.

“One pot of tea and one glass of water coming up.” the waters said spinning on her hooves and walking off to the kitchen.

Once she was gone, Cadence lowered her menu and shot Discord a glare. “ Don’t you dare start singing or dancing or whatever you did at Twilight's house, Disc… Dustball!” Cadence quickly correcting herself.

Discord , feigned a look of surprise, “ Cadence, I would never. I am supposed be undercover!” he said with a grin.

Cadence just rolled her eyes and raised her menu .

Discord and Shining Armor followed suit.

The waitress soon returned with the pot of tea and glass of water the group had ordered.
“Has everyone made their decision on what they want to order?” the waitress asked.

Cadence placed down her menu , “Shining, have you chosen?” she asked her husband.

Shining Armor placed his menu down following his wife, “ I think I will have the special panini of the day , how about you, Cadne?”

“I think I will have the Tomato s soup, how about you Dustball?”

The couple braced for what chaotic concoction Discord might ask for.

Discord lowered his menu “ I am going to have the creamed daisy noodles, without the daisies”

“All right “ the waitress said , pulling out a pen and notepad, “that will be two specials and one on the daisy noodles without the daisies, is that right?”

“Yes thank you.” Cadence said faintly, surprise on her face that Discord had asked for a reasonable dish.

The waitress scribbled down a few things on the notebook. “ Right.” she said “they will be out in a moment.” And with that done quickly strode off to the kitchen.

Once the waitress left, Discord noted the surprise that the couple shared.

“What? Can’t a guy have some noodles?”

Shining was about to reply but then thought better of it, better just count our blessings, he thought.

Discord absent mindedly started to drink from his glass.

“Dustball” Shining Armour hissed.

“mmmhm ?” Discord said, his mouth full.

He made a gesture with his hoof “Your glass”

Discord looked down at his glass, though he had taken and huge sip from it, the water in the glass had stayed completely untouched; nor did it slosh about as Discord levitated back to the table with use of his horn. It seemed the water had turned from a it liquid state to that of a solid one.

But the glass itself had significantly changed, at least half of the glass had disappeared.

Discord looked and the glass and then the substance in his mouth and then at his companions.

“Meren mrea mround”, he mumbled

“Excuse me? “ Cadence said.

“Mmteren… mmau …mmround” Discord repeated slowly.

The couple seemed to get it this time, And turned their heads away.

Discord made a quick check to see if anyone was watching and spewed the liquid glass out; the glass magically took on its original shape around the water.

“Sorry about that” Discord said as Cadence and Shining Armour turned their heads back to face him. “Force of habit”

Cadence smiled “It’s okay,Dustball, no need to apologize.”

“Yeah” Shining Armour chimed in, “no harm, no foul.”

Discord smiled a little, at their kind words

“But Discord I have a question for you, if you don’t mind me asking” Cadence asked.

“Fire away ” Discord said cheerfully .

“ Well, it’s not that we don’t mind your company but, I have to say that am surprised to see you come for lunch with us, I thought you usually went off to play pranks on the Canterlot ponies; don’t try and deny it, Dustball” she quickly said as she saw him about to protest. “I know your little antics.” she went on “or you go to visit Fluttershy and or the others in ponyville. ”

Cadence and Shining Armour used their magic to lift their tea mugs up to drink all the while watching the now silent lord of chaos, for a response.

Discord pondered telling the truth to Cadence as to why he was really here to ask about his odd feelings to Fluttershy, but, he couldn't not with the Shining Armour hanging about. He trusted Shining but the fewer ponies who knew what he was asking, the better. Wouldn’t want them making any hypothesis that could be the truth.

Discord shrugged “ Thought I might have a change, since you two rarely leave the Crystal Empire , why not hang out with two friends I don’t get to see much of.” This was true, he did not see much of either of them and he did regard both Cadence and Shining Armour as friends.

Both Cadence and Shining Armour gave Discord a wary look before, in Discord opinion, accepting what he had said.
“Now perhaps you can answer one of my questions, Shining Armour?” Discord asked

“ I will try to the best of my abilities, Dustball.” the white Unicorn stated, as he took another sip of his tea.

“What was the point of that big lens you needed my help in moving into place? Was it for making sure you didn’t miss any dirt streaks on the glass ceiling or are you, planning on zapping ponies like ants?” Discord saidin joking manner.

This got a little bit laughter from around the table.
“Neither, I am afraid, Discord” Shining Armour said after the laughter had died down.

“It actually is so we can get a better view of the eclipse, the glass is to show the eclipse like it’s in the same room” Shining Armour explained.

“And it’s specially enchanted, so we don’t have to wear goggles while we look at it” Cadence continued

“Yeah, kind of ruin the celebration if every pony went blind from looking at the eclipse.” Shining Armour jokingly continued.

The group had little laughed at that. Until afterthought popped into Discord’s head.

He had been helping set up for the Lunar Convergences celebration but knew next to nothing about. Actually, he thought again, he knew nothing about it.

“Actually” Discord asked “you two would not mind answering another question about the Lunar Convergence celebration would you?”

“Sure, what are you interested in, Dustball” Cadence said.

“What is it exactly that we are celebrating?.”

“ No one told you what the festival is about?” Cadence asked.

Discord raised his hoof under his chin, in thought “I can’t honestly say that anyone told me” Discord finally said.

“ Not even Twilight?” Shining said. “ I thought she might have given you a whole speech on the subject.”

“Honestly Shining, I know Twilight means well and I appreciate that, but sometimes ...her speeches can be a bit uhm….well … dull. But in my defence” he quickly added “ I stay awake through them”.. most of the time Discord thought to himself. “But I always see Rainbow Dash sleeping at the end of Twilight’s speeches.”

For a moment there was silence, and Discord thought he might have said too much and might have offended his companions, then there was soft chuckling from the prince “ Yeah.. well I guess my sisters’ speeches can get a bit repetitive after a while but it’s good to see that you’re listening, to most of Twilights’ speeches , not long ago, you would not listen to what anyone had to say.”

“Not true,” Discord blurted out, “I always listened to what Fluttershy says sh…..” he stopped himself from saying ‘ she means a lot to me’ because the whole reason he was here was to figure that out. He didn’t know why he had that sudden outburst, he just felt like he had to say it.

Cadence raised an eyebrow at Discord’s outburst “Fluttershy means what ?” Cadence asked prodding him on.

Discord fell silent, maybe now he should ask Cadence if his feeling for Fluttershy were now past friendship and now into a romantic feeling.

“Fluttershy means what, Dustball?” the prince echoed .

No, he could not ask while the prince was still here; the fewer the ponies who knew the better.

“We’re getting off topic” Discord finally said “ what is the Lunar Celebration about, I believe was my question?”

The two ponies gave Discord a questioning gaze.

“You’re right Dustball, we have been getting a bit of topic.” Shining Armour said, letting Discord’s previous statement go.

Cadence nodded in agreement, looking at Discord with a curious look, which he could not interpret as to what she was thinking.

“ The Lunar celebration, is a special celebration; it’s when the moon comes the closest to the earth and where the shadow of the earth turns the moon a dark red an-,” Shining Armor stopped as he saw the Unicorn's eye slowly falling .

“Dustball!!” Shining cried “were you falling asleep!? “

Discord his eye flew open at the loud tone of the unicorns voice; he hadn’t meant to start dozing, in fairness to Shining he was doing a better job than his sister, Twilight would have gone into all the detail of the pony who discovered it and what shade of color the moon turned, but the nightmares he had been having were taking a toll on him.

Discord shook himself out of his stupor, “Who me? I was merely resting my eye.”

“Then what did Shining say?” Cadence said.

“Shining Armour said that the Lunar festival was, when Lunas moon was supposed to be as close as it possibly can get to the earth and changed color” Discord repeated “ all I can say is kind of... well…. under welling, I could easily do that with a snap of my finger” he raised his arm, only remembering when he looked at his hoof that he was not a draconequus but a pony and quickly lowered it.

“ But I haven't finished explaining” Shining Armour protested. “I was about to say the most unusual thing that happens is that every, magical creatures powers increase by 10 times their original strength .”

This piqued Discord interest.

“All magical creatures?” Discord enquired.

“All.” Cadence confirmed “ but it’s said it will only be really noticed in creatures who wield magic constantly, like unicorns and alicorns. Earth ponys and pegasi will be affected but in a differnet way.”

“What about changeling?” Discord said.
Discord was confident that he could take on Chrysalis and her whole army of changeling in normal circumstances , but if they were pumped with some new magic abilities that might pose a problem even for him.

“Their powers will increase but, they gain their main strength from feeding on the love of others , so we should not have to worry about any party crashers this time” Shining Armour stated.

“All the same security will be tight” Cadence added

Discord was silent for a moment before tentatively asking another question. “And the prisoners in Tarters, …will they be affected by this ? ” Thinking of Tirek and how he escaped.

There was moment of silence.
“I don’t think so “ Cadence said “ and even if they were Surbrase is on guard 24.7 and will not allow anyone to pass.”

This bit of news eased Discords thoughts

“And besides, the effects of the moon are only temporary, they only start when the moon hits it zenith at midnight and ends soon after, around half an hour to be exact.”

“Midnight?” Discord said “why is it always midnight with these types of things?”

Before any pony could answer Discord’s question, the waitress arrived with their food.

“I am so sorry it took so long,” the water said between gasps, her cheeks were slightly flushed, and her yellow mane slightly disheveled.

She carefully removed their plates from her back with her mouth. To their respective owners.

“One special of the day for you, princess Cadence” the waitress said as she placed Cande’s order in front of her.
“One panini special for the prince,” placing the prince’s lunch down then.

“And one daisy noodles, without the daisy, for you sir” placing Discord’s plate down.

The trio said their thanks, and the waitress departed.

The group ate in relative silence, well most of the group.

Discord was, playing with his food, using his fork to lift and twist his noodles, deep in thought about how to ask his question.

“Are the noodles to your liking Dustball?” Cadence inquired.

“huh, o.. no ah they’re good, but if you will excuse me, I got to use the colts room.” Discord said quickly thinking up an excuse, and quickly excusing himself from the table made his way to the restroom.

Cadence eyed Discord curiously as he navigated his way to the restroom through the islands of seats and chairs.

“Odd” she mumbled to herself.
Her husband turned to her “ What is Cadne?” Shining Armour questioned.

The princess of the crystal empire paused before answering.
She knelt into her husband and quietly asked, so as not to be overheard, “ Shining, have you noticed that Discord seems a little off to you, like he isn’t so….” She trailed off, looking for the right word.

“Chaotic ?” Shining Armour offered in the same quiet voice.

“yes”

“I have to admit, Cadence, I have been too occupied with my jobs at the museum to pay much attention to Discord.”

“ He just seems a little off to me”

“ Maybe this is just his newly reformed self.” Shining suggested

“Maybe, but I don’t think so. It’s more like he’s in his own world, thinking about something, other than chaos”

“Like what?”

That’s the question, Cadence thought to herself.


0000000000

Discord was sitting in one of the lavatory stalls with the door locked.

He had reverted back to his normal form and was gently swirling his top hat between his mismatched hands, trying to think of a way to get to talk to Cadence alone.

What if I ask to talk to Cadence alone, he thought to himself, he quickly shook his head dismissing the idea.
No! that ideas down the drain they might sense something, especially if I get on the topic of love.
Discord let out a mental groan; this so hard and it didn’t make the situation any easier him lacking his thinking tree.

He might as well give up asking Cadence any of his questions and flush them down the toilet.

His thought trailed off as a light bulb sprang up between his horns.

“That’s it ” he looked up at the light bulb. “wow two in one day am doing good with bright ideas to day.” He quickly snapped his fingers, whether it was because of the place he was in or it was because of the stalls he had cleaned to day, Discord did not know, but it was the only idea he had.

A small yellow pill bottle appeared in his paw, with a white tag that said ,Ex-Lax super speed, super effective .

“No hard feelings, Shining ” Discord whispered under his breath.

He then in one swift movement placed the pill bottle in his hat, placed it on his head, turned himself back into a pony, and walked out of the stall.

000000000

“Well that didn’t take that long,” Shining said. As Discord returned from the restrooms.

Discord shrugged “Guess it was a false alarm.”

Discord took his respective seat at the table.

“Hope you two..” his voice trailed off as he seemed to look past the two of them and his expression turned to one of shock.

“Discord, is everything alright? “ Cadence asked him. A concern for her chaotic friend

“Is, that .. Is.. Is that Sapphire Shores!!!” Discord cried.

Every one in the Pivoting Pegasus turned to the window in excitement, to see the famous Sapphire Shore.
Everyone save for the pony who claimed to have seen her.

Discord stealthily used his magic to remove his top hat and produce the pill bottle: he quickly unscrewed the white cap of the bottle with his magic and, plopped one white oval pill into the prince’s tea mug, that should be enough, he thought to himself

“ Where is she? ”

“ I don’t see her.”

“Was that her over there ?”

The ponies were still looking for the diva. I still got it, Discord thought to himself as he replaced his hat back on his head with the vial safely underneath.

The Prince and Princess turned back to Discord with confused expressions on their faces

“Are you sure you saw Sapphire Shores, Dustball?” Cadence asked.

“Of course I am sure” Discord replied, “ she’s one of the one of the pegasi that’s part of the wonder bolts right, rainbow dash favorite if I am not mistaken”
“ That’s Spit Fire Disc- Dustball” Shining said

“and she’s not there either” Cadence added

“ well SpitFire ,Sapphire easy mix up” Discord said.

“hmmm, I guess?” Cadence said, eyeing Discord suspiciously.

Shining Armour just shrugged the whole situation off, and took a sip of his tea.
Shinings brow furrowed as sipped tea and he put the cup down again

Cadence could not help but notice Discord, watching her husband’s cup, like a hawk watching a field mouse.

“Everything okay Shining Amour” Discord inquired.

“Yeah, I think so” he said “ though we might need a new pot of tea. I think this one might have gone cold”

He bit into the rest of panini, when a grumbling sound came from his stomach and he quickly reacted.

“Is everything okay, Shining ?” Cadence asked her husband worriedly

“You need any help?” Discord asked with concern in his voice as well. He truly did not want to hurt Shining Armour, he just needed privacy for a little while.

“Yeah. I’m good” he said puttng one foreleg on the ground. His stomach announced another grumble in protest.

“But ” he quickly added “if you will excuse me I got to go” and he quickly made his way to the washrooms.

“Make sure you use the second cubicle.” Discord called after him. Just as Shining dived into the stallions washroom.

And then Discord and Cadence were alone in the booth.
An awkward silence came over the two of them.

“So, that was sporadatic, but when you got to go I guess” Discord said trying to lighten the mood.

Cadence rewarded him with a small smile and nod but her eyes still showed concern for her husband’s health .

Well no point in beating around the bush Discord thought.

“Cadence, I have another question” he said hesitantly

Cadence turned her eyes away from the restrooms and looked at Discord.

“My,my, you are asking a lot today, Dustball” she said

“Yes, well I feel like you are the best qualified to answer” he replied honestly.

Cadence raised an eyebrow “Is the question about the festival?”
Discord shook his head “no”

He took a deep breath “ I was wondering If you could take to me about… “ he trailed off

“go on Dustball, I’m listening.” Cadence said, giving him a warm smile of reassurance, it was odd, thought Cadence what question did Discord need answering that would give him such a difficulty.

Discord looked at the pink Alicorn

“Cadence” he started again “ can you explain love to me ...?”