• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 454 Views, 0 Comments

Descending into Glory - Lunaravenue



How Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon became the town's mean rich kids

  • ...
 0
 454

The New Royal

Diamond Tiara woke up the next morning prepared to have more fun. Today, she planned to hang out with Silver Spoon at the hotel's pool. There was a specific chair that she just loved in there. It was the prettiest, and it had the best spot in the entire pool. Since the pool was out on the roof, the sun could be a big problem, but it didn't matter Diamond Tiara. That special chair was at just the right angle so that the sun's heat would warm it up, but it would never be in direct contact with Celestia's rays. Her grandfather told her that. A beautiful tree also stood right above it, providing perfect shade and a great scene to behold. There was also a chair next to it where Silver Spoon always sat. It would be the perfect day. The pool was another one of Diamond's favorite places to be. It's waters were crystal clear, and a lemonade stand wasn't far across either. The ice cream stand was right next to the lemonade and the big stage was right next to that. It was a perfect setup. Diamond's chair could gaze upon all of it, and that was her only wish for today. She trotted a few steps over to where Silver Spoon lay sleeping and shook her awake.

"Wake up Silver Spoon! We gotta get to the pool early!" Diamond begged her friend. She wanted to be the first pony there. After all, that was when the water was calmest, the lemonade the freshest (Well, until a new batch is made but that wouldn't be for another hour) and the ice cream the coldest. She loved ponies big and small, but having a few moments before more people came was a luxury to her. Only the company of Silver Spoon was good enough.

"Diamond! Its so early! Everyone knows that chair is yours, so you can relax. Besides, its so early in the morning and not that hot today anyway. Who is going to be there at such an hour?" Silver Spoon complained as she threw her blanket over her face. Silver's hair was a mess and she was in no way awake anymore. Diamond shook her friend up once more and started to prepare herself for another great day. She gently combed her hair through with a comb and grabbed her pool things from her purple closet.

"Hmm...Silver, should I take my white pool floaties or my purple ones?" Diamond asked Silver Spoon, who had only then gotten up to get ready. Diamond was getting just the slightest bit impatient so, she started to help Silver Spoon to speed up the process. Silver and Diamond worked together to put her hair into a braid and adjust her glasses. By the time they got to the pool, half an hour had already passed. It would not have taken such a long time if Diamond Tiara's mother didn't make them eat some oats first.

"We'll just get breakfast at the pool," Diamond pleaded to her mother before they left. Diamond's mother wouldn't hear any of it. She made them sit and eat, but that couldn't slow them down just yet. After finally arriving at the pool, Diamond Tiara saw another pony sitting in her favorite chair. Diamond stopped in her tracks. Silver Spoon glanced at Diamond Tiara questioningly. Diamond frowned a bit and pointed her hoof at the new pony. This was the staff's area of the pool. Every single pony knew it was her chair. Diamond didn't understand how a new pony just came in and sat in her chair.

"Maybe you can ask her to move?" Silver Spoon suggested. Diamond gave the idea some thought, and decided to go with it. She sighed and went up to the new pony. The pony didn't seem to notice the girls as they approached. She had sunglasses on and her rosy mane was tied into a bun. The pony's cutie mark was of a golden statue. Diamond wondered what that could mean. The pony was reading a magazine. Diamond Tiara guessed that she was a few years older than her and Silver Spoon, but she really wanted her chair back. So, she gathered up her courage and went up to the pony.

"Um, excuse me, I'm so sorry to bother you, but..." Diamond started to ask politely but the new pony interrupted her.

"Listen, if you want an autograph you're gonna need to wait until, like, never, okay? I think you might be lost, the lame side of the pool is over there. Ta ta, see you never again!" The pony rudely grunted at them. Diamond Tiara was shocked. No one ever talked to her in such a way. She was baffled, as she didn't know what to do. She looked to Silver Spoon for help. Her friend simply shrugged and gestured for her to try again.

"I'm sorry, but this is my seat." Diamond asserted herself in a more antagonizing tone. It shocked her at how stern she was, but she had to stick with it, or this new pony might push her around.

"Ah Hum, Ex-key-use-eh me?" The pony accented every syllable weirdly. "I'm Bell Royal, and I refuse to be talked to in such a manner. Do you know who I am? I am the sister of Tessa Royal, so unless you want to be banned from this hotel for-uh-EVER then you better back off, or I'll get security to kick you out!" The pony stood up from her chair and started to back the two girls up.

Silver Spoon decided she wasn't going to take this. If this pony was so justified in being mean, then so was she. "We...well my friend Diamond Tiara won't be outta here anytime soon, so why don't YOU back off?" Silver Spoon hopped in front of Diamond Tiara and stood up to Bell Royal.

"And who are you to say so? I'm sister of one of the greatest actresses in all of Las Pegasus. Who. Are. YOU?" Bella sneered at the girls menacingly. Diamond Tiara has had enough as well. She refused to let this pony push her around and ruin her perfect day.

"I just happen to be Diamond Tiara. I'm granddaughter of this owner of this hotel, so YOU back off, or I will be the one who gets to kick you out of this chair, this pool, this hotel!!" Diamond yelled so loudly and fiercely, she stunned herself and Silver Spoon. Just then, two security guards and none other than Tessa Royal herself approached the three ponies with serious looks on their faces.

"What in Equestria is going on here?" Tessa asked. "I heard a bunch of screaming so I grabbed the closest two guards and ran up as fast as I could," Tessa wasn't talking to everyone. It was clear that she was asking Bell and only Bell.

Bell turned to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon with a nasty smirk. Diamond continued to glare. Bell then spoke. "I was just enjoying a nice day on MY chair, when these two brats came and ruined it! They said they would kick me out sis! I don't wanna leave!" Bell whined and hugged her elder sister. Tessa's expression grew worrisome. "Is this true?" she turned to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"No, its not! Well, most of it is not!" Silver Spoon fought back. Diamond Tiara held a hoof, indicating that she wanted to speak. She learned from a very young age about talking to big and important ponies, as to not mess up her family name.

"Miss Tessa Royal, I am ever so sorry to bother you on this day, but I'm afraid your sister is exaggerating," Diamond started her story with refined elegance, and class. "You see, although the chair over there is not mine, I sit in it all the time that it is considered to be mine. When I approached your sister, she snapped at me and my friend Silver Spoon. We got a bit intimidated, so we raised our voices just a bit to show business. I'm sorry if we caused any trouble." Diamond finished.

Tessa seemed troubled by this answer. Bell, was not pleased. "They're liars sis! They are lying!" the girl cried. "They don't even have any cutie marks! They shouldn't even be considered real ponies!"

The security tapped Tessa on her shoulder and gestured to the security camera above. "Why don't we take a look at what really happened?" One of them suggested. Bell cried out even louder and complained more, but the rest all agreed. Diamond Tiara had only been to the security room once, and it was scary. All of the video and the dark surroundings intimidated her. She agreed along with Silver Spoon. At least her friend was there, not to mention Tessa Royal the actress.

After watching the footage, Tessa scolded her sister for being mean as the security escorted the two girls back into their rooms and informed Diamond's mother of what happened. A few short moments later, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon went back to the pool, to thankfully find no one in their seats.

"I can't believe we got what we wanted!" Silver Spoon exclaimed in glee. "Ya know, you should use that tone more often, we can get lots of stuff that way." Diamond was confused. What tone? She shrugged it off, and lay back in her seat. This was the new start of the rest of her day. The quiet didn't last too long, for Tessa Royal appeared before them along with her grandfather.

"Diamond Tiara! So glad to see you're alright! I want to formally introduce you to Tessa Royal" the wealthy pony motioned to the acclaimed actress. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon both gawked. They never thought they could actually meet the actress head on like this.

"Hi girls! I'm ever so sorry my little sister snapped at you like that before, as a sorry gift, I want to offer you both spots in a play I'm doing tonight! It's a new production, and many people will be there. Does that sound good to you?" Tessa apologetically offered them.

"Yes!" Both girls squealed at the same time. It was a dream come true for them. A role in a Tessa Royal play? What could be better? With that, the adults left, leaving Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to talk about tonight's events. They were to go to the theater and rehearse later in the day, since their parts were small. Diamond decided to leave the pool early, and head back into her room. On the way back she saw Bell Royal again wearing quite the impressive tiara. Tessa Royal was distracted talking to a fan of her's. Silver Spoon said she was going to catch up to Diamond later, because she wanted to get some ice cream first. Diamond took in a deep breath and exhaled. She was going to make it through this.