• Published 7th Nov 2014
  • 2,008 Views, 87 Comments

Stand Up! Vanguard Is Magic - Blazewind strike



The cast of Cardfight!! Vanguard are summoned by Celestia save Equastria from the evilness of the new Link Joker's.

  • ...
8
 87
 2,008

Ride 011:An Eventful Night, Welcome To Vanguard

The streets of Ponyville...

It was getting dark in Ponyville, the shining sun was setting, while the gleaming moon was rising. The sky was a relaxing orange as it covered all of Ponyville. A group of ponies were walking through its street. Aichi and Ren along with Aichi new filly friends were calmly walking towards Aichi and Ren's house with the crusaders having giant smiles on their faces. Aichi knew his Leon and Kai were not going to be to excited to see what he was bringing home for the night.

"So how longer till we get there Aichi?" Applebloom asked excitedly.

"Well not much longer" Aichi answered.

"I can't wait till we get there" Scootaloo said jumping into the air, "it's probably really, right?"

"Cool wouldn't be the first word that comes to mind" Ren commented.

"This is going to be so much fun" Sweetie Bell added into the conversation, "don't worry Aichi, were great with sleepovers."

"Yeah, must be" Aichi said with a smile as a drop sweet crawled down his face.

"So are we there yet?" Applebloom asked.

"No, but soon" Aichi answered.

"How about now?" Scootaloo asked.

"No" Ren answered this time getting annoyed.

"Now?" Sweetie Bell asked.

'This is going to be a long night' Aichi thought as they continued to walk.

Ride 011:An Eventful Night, Welcome To Vanguard

Earths vanguard's house...

Aichi, Ren and the crusaders finally arrived at their home. The journey there was felt like forever for both the cardfighters and the fillies. They stopped at the front, much to the young ponies joy as they were starting to get impatient with how long it was taking to get there.

"So are we finally there?" Applebloom asked.

"Yes Applebloom, we're finally here, you don't need to ask that question again" Aichi said in relief.

"Yay!" all of cutie mark crusaders said in sync with each other as they jumped into the air.

"I'm never going to complain about the length of a trip again" Ren said remembering all of his trip with his team back on Earth.

Aichi took a breath and re composed himself before knocking on the door. All of the fillies had excited looks on their faces, as the couldn't wait for to see the inside of the house. They waited for good couple of seconds, before the door was finally opened.

"Hey Aichi, Ren" said Leon as he opened the door greetings his friends.

"What took" Leon was cut short with the crusaders slipping past him very quickly as they entered the house.

"Ren, what did you do?" Leon said enraged.

"Well, um" Ren began.

"Leon, don't blame Ren, it's my fault" Aichi said panicking.

"Aichi?" Leon said in question.

"The Sugar Cube Corner was closed and I said to those three ponies that I would show them Vanguard, and I couldn't think of any other place to do it. So I said I would show here, and then it turned into them thinking it was sleepover. So I agreed to it and...agh" Aichi rambled as he tried to explain the situation to his friend.

"I see" Leon said a little frustrated at the situation, but went back to his normal calm calculated personality, "well then this is your responsibility Aichi, so I leave this to you."

"Thank you Leon" Aichi said relieved and overjoyed at the same time, "I promise you I will have this under control."

"Good, now then they looked young, I'm sure the family and they probably would like know where they are" Leon said, "So have you contacted their families?"

"No" Aichi answered, "but we do who two of their sister are."

"And they are?" Leon asked.

"Well..." Aichi began.

"One of them is Applejack's sister and the other one is Rarity sister, the small pegasus we don't know" Ren answered for Aichi.

"Well then, that makes things interesting" Leon replied takened back a little by this piece of information, "none the less we should contact them."

"Well who should be one to tell them?" Ren asked.

Suddenly the group heard a loud crash coming from inside their house. The gang was filled with fear and confusion as the wondered what caused the crash inside their house. It was then followed by stallion yelling from the house.

"Kai" Aichi said urgently, as he and the rest of the group ran inside to see what was happening.

"Wait who going to call their sisters?" Ren asked while running.

"Well since you brought it up, you can do it Ren" Leon answered causing Ren stop.

"Ah come on, why me?" Ren asked angrily with no one else responding.

Leon and Aichi rushed into the house to figure out what caused the crash and scream they heard. What they saw put both of them into shock. Kai was looked infuriated and at the same time scary, neither one has ever seen him this mad before. But that's when they noticed that there was hole above their couch, and inside the newly formed hole was the rear end of an orange filly.

To add on to the confusion the other two fillies were running around the house, exploring almost every part of the house. They were touching almost anything they could touch all while laughing, smiling and making oohing sounds. Much to Kai dismay, he was reading his book and it was being to peak his interest, then to have suddenly to have three small ponies come into his house and start running around loudly and distracting him.

"Wow, not going try that again" Scootaloo said getting herself out the hole then beginning to chase after the rest of her friends, "hey guys wait up."

"Kai" Aichi said as he walked over to his angered friends.

"Aichi" Kai said, "mind telling me why we have three small kids running around?"

"Well, I sort of, well invited them here so I can teach them how to play Vanguard" Aichi said shuttering, as Kai in his current mood frightened him, "and."

"And what?" Kai asked.

"Well, they took it as a sleepover."

"Well then" Kai said taking a deep breath and calming himself, "try to get control of them and try to keep them away from me."

"Okay" Aichi said relieved.

"Good" Kai said as he started to walk away and up the stairs.

"Where are you going Kai?" Aichi asked.

"To my room to get away from them" Kai answered as he now on the second floor entering his room.

"He took it better than I thought" Leon commented.

"Yeah" Aichi added on.

"Aaagghhh!" Kai screamed as he saw the three fillies in his room and gathering them up and pushed them out his room, "get out of my room!"

"Yep, definitely better than I thought" Aichi said.

"Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo can you guys come here for sec" Aichi called. Almost instantly all three came and lined up in front of Aichi neatly, each having giant smile on their faces, and they also had angel halos floating above their heads. They seemed so clean and innocent, I brought a smile to Aichi face, but then he remembered his surroundings and how it now looked like a total mess, causing him to make a light laugh.

"Yes Aichi" they all said in sync.

"Well, you see this mess" Aichi said point to his surroundings, with them nodding their heads in acknowledgement, "well it wasn't like this before."

"We're sorry Aichi" Applebloom said giving him the biggest sad face he's ever seen.

"Don't be sorry, just..." Aichi began.

"Excuse me" Leon said cutting Aichi off, "Aichi can I have talk with alone."

"Okay" Aichi said as both he and Leon walk into a corner of the room.

"What do you need Leon?" Aichi asked quietly so that others would not hear him.

"I think it would be best for everyone in this house if they stayed in your room for the night" Leon explained quietly.

"Okay, I think you're right" Aichi said, as he looked back at the crusaders to see them goofing off.

Both Leon and Aichi walked back to the three fillies with smiles on their faces. The crusaders stopped goofing off and went into a line they were originally in. "So we came to an agreement" Leon said, "for the rest of your time here, you can stay in Aichi's room."

"Do we have too, we haven't even explored the entire house yet" Scootaloo complained.

"Don't worry, it won't be that bad" Aichi suggested.

"If you say so" Scootaloo replied.

"Don't worry Scootaloo, I'm sure we're still going to have loads of fun" Applebloom said trying to cheer up her friend.

"I think it's going to be great" Sweetie Bell added on.

"I guess you guys are right" Scootaloo said now with a smile.

"Okay then, we can continue in my room" Aichi said as he begun to head towards his room with the three young ponies following him.

And just like that Aichi and the crusaders were now out of Leon sight and as he now to took a deep breath to refocus himself. He looked around to analyze all of the damage that happened and what he would need to fix it. He started to walk into his study, the room was one he used a lot to escape from the world and refocus his thoughts. Just then Ren walked into the living room to just fall down onto the couch exhausted.

"Oh hey Ren, how did it go?" Leon asked.

"Let's just say they took it well, real well" Ren said having flashbacks to both calls and how much he was screamed at by both sister for not telling them before they came over to their house. Ren couldn't remember the last time he was yelled at so much that actually took energy out of him. "Ha..ha..yep, it was all good" Ren finish before falling asleep like a rock.

"Well that's good" Leon said now in his study looking for one of the books he checked out that on Equestria geography, only to discover that it now was now majorly ripped and was starting to fall apart. Leon was speechless at what he saw, all of the information he has yet to learn. Information that could have been important in the long scheme of things, gone. 'Relax Leon, you can always can get another, always another, no need to panic.'

"Aaaggghhh" was ringed through the entire house, for everypony to hear.

Aichi's room...

Aichi and the crusaders entered his room. The room was not in its best condition, since he didn't have much time to clean it in his free time, especially today as had to rush to get to work on time. But the fillies didn't seem to mind, at least their faces suggested that, which left Aichi with a sigh of relief.

"I know it's not much, but it will do" Aichi said as he walked over to a table in his room and began to move it.

"So are you going to show us that game you mention now?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah are you?" Applebloom asked excitedly.

"Yeah, what was it called again?" Sweetie Bell added in.

"Cardfight Vanguard" Aichi said with confidence as he pushed the table into the middle of the room.

The crusaders looked in both confusing and at ah at the table, but mostly confused. It was the right height for them, but hand a weird looking playmate on it that stretched over the entire table. "So why did you need to get this here table Aichi?" Applebloom asked.

"Well it's a important part of of the game" Aichi explained.

"Okay" they all said in very uncertain voice.

"Okay, first things first you take your deck and" Aichi said placing his deck done in the deck zone only to remember something rather important to the game, "wait, I FORGOT TO GET YOU GUYS CARD!"

Aichi rushed out of his room as the fillies wait in confusion for him to return. He went to the side to the railing on the stair then he looked for Ren, who much to his surprise was laying face down on the couch exhausted. He looked like he didn't want to be disturbed by anypony, but Aichi said it anyway, "ah, Ren."

"Yeah Aichi" Ren said in a very tired voice and not changing his position.

"Um, can I borrow some of those prototype trial decks you just got"

"Sure, why not, just be sure to leave the bits" Ren said before falling back asleep.

"Thanks Ren" Aichi said with gratitude.

Ren's room, not a room Aichi likes going into, since it always gave off dark vibes to him, that and it was probably the most unclean room out of the entire house. Ren's bed was never made, and he left a lot of his stuff on floor, including papers, lots of papers. At first everypony in the house always told Ren to clean his room, but eventually they just stopped as the realized their effort was futile.

Aichi enter the room, and he began to search for prototype trial decks that Ren got a few days ago from his 'associate'. Aichi was still surprised that Ren was getting all these products and cards so quickly, but what surprised him more was that Ren was actually was letting him buy the early models. He finally found the them, there were a total of 5, each one representing one of Crays nations. Aichi picked three which he thought his new filly friends would enjoy the most. He went to Ren's nightstand and left the bit he owned.

'That was most of the bits I had' Aichi thought with a look of sternness in his eyes, 'but this is worth more.'

Aichi returned to his room with the trial decks he grabbed. To his surprise he saw them just waiting there for him to return. Patiently, it made Aichi feel kind of uneasy, and wanted know what they done while he was gone. He refocused himself and focus on the task at hoof, letting these fillies experience Vanguard.

"I'm back guys" Aichi said entering his room and setting the trial decks on the table in the room.

"So can you finally show use that card game" Scootaloo asked with boredom, as she has been waiting to learn something new and hopefully cool.

"Yep" Aichi answered with insurance, "I believe we have everything we need to start playing."

"Cool" Applebloom said with excitement.

"Hey Aichi, what are in those boxes?" Sweetie Bell asked as she pointed to the three boxes on the table Aichi just brought.

"Oh, well those are just trial decks" Aichi answered as he prepared to explain what a trial deck is. "You see a trial deck is a pre-constructed deck that meant to teach new players how to play. They have everything you need for a Vanguard deck."

"Oh, that's convenient" Sweetie Bell replied.

"Yeah, it really is" Aichi said.

"Can we finally play" Scootaloo screamed as she was starting to get impatient.

"Yeah, we can finally play Scootaloo" Aichi replied with a tone of fear in his voice, "but first I wanna let you choose which deck you guys wanna play."

Aichi lined all three boxes on the table so the fillies could have a better view of them. Each box shared similar features, excluding shape. But each box was a different color and featured a different picture of card on the front. The crusaders walked up to them, and took a good solid look at each them. The all had a look of confusion on their faces and at the same time wondered which one they each wanted.

"Hmmm, this one looks interesting" Scootaloo said taking one of the boxes. The box was orange and black and had a picture of giant black robot pegasus with giant drill on front two legs. "Unity of Raizer's?"

"Nova Grapplers" Aichi said walking up to Scootaloo, "a powerful clan that relentless attacks, never stopping. Always having something to prove. Raizer's are giant machine that are piloted, and continue to evolve and is possibly that it's Nova Grappler's strongest force and bravest," Aichi laughed lightly as he was remind of one his friends back home.

"Really, that sounds so awesome, and it's obviously fits me quite well don't you guys think?" Scootaloo said in a very cool voice as she faced her friends.

"Um, yeah Scootaloo" Sweetie Bell said straight to her friends face with a obviously fake smile. She went back to looking at the other two decks. She finally pick one up, the box was light blue and white, and on the front was a picture of mermare, with a pink mane and wore long white dress with pink accents. "Duo of Beauty and Music, this one looks cool."

"Bermuda Triangle" Aichi said, as he had flashback to his sister back home and when she was starting to play Vanguard.

"You mean Bermare Triangle, right" Sweetie Bell questioned.

"No, that wasn't what I was saying" Aichi said as he came back to reality, freaking out, trying to think of what to say, "I was talking about the clan, it's name is Bermuda Triangle."

"Okay then" Sweetie Bell said freaked out a little.

"Well anyways, the name of the trial deck sums up Bermuda Triangle. They are pop song group, that voice is supposed to be the most beautiful things ever. They are sweet and caring to every creature, but don't let that fool you, they can be quite dangerous in the right hooves". Aichi said remember his sister again and all of her brutal victories against his friends.

"Oh, neat" Sweetie Bell said as she stared at the box again, "I like it."

Applebloom looked at the last box, she took a deep breath and she picked up the last box. The box was green and yellow, and had a picture of a young mare with a pink mane, she wore white clothes over most of her body, and had on giant witch hat of her head. "I guess I get this one". Applebloom said kind of depressed of the lack of choice, "Witches of Wisdom."

"Genesis, that will be hard clan to forget" Aichi said remembering his encounters with the clan in his past. "A lost clan whose tales go far back in time. When They returned they joined a group of prophets and took part in protecting their home. They are a clan of patience and skill, but are easy to master."

"Okay, that's kind of cool" Applebloom said depressed as the way Aichi described all np the other clans she felt like her was the most boring.

"What's wrong Applebloom?" Aichi asked.

"Well, you made those guys choices sound so much cool, and what's mine just a boring group of fortune tellers" Applebloom said upset.

"Well let me tell you secrets". Aichi said as he leaned his head forward to tell Applebloom something, in whispers, "these boring group of fortune tellers are one of strongest clans ever, I would even saying better then those guys clans. Even a experience players like me has lost to it."

"Really" Applebloom said quietly with a giant smile on her face.

Aichi nodded his head. The smile on Applebloom face exploded in happiness, but before she could scream Aichi put his hoof on her mouth to stop it. "Let keep this secret between us" Aichi said still whispering, with Applebloom nodding her head.

"Okay then" Aichi said with out loud with confidence, "let's get started."

"Finally" Scootaloo said rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry Scootaloo, but I had to get some things done" Aichi explained, "but I can finallly show you guys that game I was talking about."

"This is going to be so much fun" Sweetie Bell said with excitement.

"The main event" Scootaloo added on.

"I'm so excited" Applebloom continued.

"But first, I better explain the rules to you guys" Aichi said only for the fillies to fall over from sheer dumbfoundedness, "are you guys okay!?"

"Will be fine" Applebloom said.

With the Crusaders back on their hooves, Aichi began to explain the game, albeit slowly, taking into consideration that these three were not as interpretive as the other ponies he had met, they were still young and he had to take much more care in explaining the game, however much more advanced items like deck building could wait, he then began to explain the imaginative side to Vanguard and the response was almost immediate...

"what in the hay are you talkin' about?" Applebloom asked.

"Planet Cray?" Scootaloo asked, flatly.

"I don't get it" Sweetie Belle said.

Aichi smiled and began his explanation... again...

"Cray is where our fights take place, our fights here, with the cards, are like instructions for the creatures on the planet Cray, they tell them how to fight, but you can also picture it in your mind as well, because you are the one leading this battle, you are the vanguard, the one that leads the way."

"The one that leads the way..." Sweetie Belle repeated, pondering on this for a moment "I think I know what you mean, course I still don't get it ENTIRELY but I think I got the gist of it."

Applebloom and Scootaloo nodded, Aichi was relieved to have finally gotten the explanation out of the way "So, are you three ready to play?"

They all nodded rather enthusiastically.

The rest of the night for Aichi and the crusaders was nothing but cards with each of the fillies getting a chance to fight Aichi and each other. Each one of them had looks of happiness, frustration, and focus on their faces. Everypony enjoyed themselves and kept going cardfighting with passion, with Aichi giving them pointers ever once and a while to make sure they know what they were doing.

"I guard" Sweetie Bell said putting a card into the guardian circle.

"I activate my Vanguard skill" Applebloom said taking cards out from her Vanguards soul.

"My Vanguard attacks" Scootaloo yelled as her Vanguard, "GO, THUNDERSTORM DRILL!"

'They seem to be enjoying themselves' Aichi thought with a smile as he looked at match between Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell.

"Hey guys, let me play" Applebloom said impatiently.

"We're in the middle of fight right now" Scootaloo said focusing on the fight.

"Ah, come on" Applebloom whined.

'I'm happy I could show them Vanguard" Aichi said having flashbacks to the times when he started playing Vanguard, "Don't worry Applebloom you can fight me."

"Really, thank you Aichi" Applebloom said with happiness.

"Don't worry about it" Aichi replied as the two set up another game, "you ready?"

"Yep" Applebloom answer as both placed on of their hoofs on their face down Vanguard and prepared to turn it over.

"Stand Up" they both screamed as they raised the card up before slamming it down, "Vanguard!"

The fights continued through the night, till it was eventually time to go sleep. Aichi gave the three fillies his bed to sleep on, and decided that he can sleep on the floor for the night. He got everything he needed so he could sleep peacefully, he laid his blanket down and grabbed a pillow and he layed down and closed his eyes. Then...

"Aichi can you tell us a story?" Applebloom asked still fully awake.

"What?" Aichi said waking up still kind of drouse.

"You know a story" Sweetie Bell explained.

"Oh, okay then" Aichi said as he began to think about a story to tell them, "got it."

"Yay" all three fillies cheered in sync.

"Okay so once there was these two ponies" Aichi began, "both friends respected each other, looked to each other for different aspects of the other, but one day it changed." Aichi said as his tone dropped to a more depressing tone, "one of the friends started acted different and he left his friend. The other friend tried to figure out was wrong, and decided to go looking for his friend. He eventually found his friend and his friend was doing something not right. They got into a fight, with the friend still trying figure out why his friend was doing this. His friend eventually explained that he wanted to be alone and felt like this was only way to do that," Aichi paused.

"Eventually the pony was finally able to save his friend" Aichi said with a smile on his face. "And they were able to be friends again," Aichi finished, "so what did you guys think?"

The three crusaders were already deeply sleeping snoring all the way.

"Well I guess they liked it" Aichi said before going back into a sleep position with a serious look, 'no matter what I have to protect my bonds.'

Later...

Aichi finally woke up, it was still morning and he got to see that the three fillies in his were gone. He assumed that they went downstairs for breakfast. He fixed his room up, and began to go downstairs when he heard a loud female voice. "I'm very disappointed in you three,"

"Me two" Applejack said in a very angry tone.

"We're sorry" all three crusaders said in sync lowering their head.

"Well I hope your..." Rarity stopped when she saw Aichi walking down the stairs, "oh, hi Aichi."

"Hi Rarity, and you two Applejack" Aichi said, "why are you guys here?"

"Well we've come to pick up these three" Applejack said trying to calm herself down.

"We're sorry if they caused any problems" Rarity apologized as all of them looked around at the mess from last night, "extremely sorry."

"It's okay, we had a lot of fun last night" Aichi said with a smile, and then look at his three new filly friends, "right guys?"

All three nodded enthusiastically.

"Yep" Applebloom said.

"Lots of it" Sweetie Bell continued.

"Tons of fun" Scootaloo added.

"See, no big deal" Aichi said with a positive outlook.

"If you say so" Applejack admitted, "but still it wasn't right for y'all to scare us like that."

"It was very irresponsible of you three" Rarity said still disappointed in the three.

"Don't blame them for this," Aichi stepping up for his three new friends, "It was my idea to bring to our house."

"Aichi dear, please don't try to take blame for something that's not your fault" Rarity said.

"I'm telling the truth" Aichi plead, "it was my idea, they just followed along, please forgive me."

"Well then" Rarity said kind of confused.

"That kind of changes things" Applejack said with the same tone.

"Please" Aichi said.

"I guess we blow this a little bit out of proportion" Rarity said, "but the matter still stands this was irresponsible, and I expected better from you Aichi."

"Sorry, I promise not to scare you guys again" Aichi said.

"Don't worry about it Aichi" Applejack said.

"Well me and Sweetie Bell well be leaving now" Rarity said with a much calmer voice.

"Yeah, me and Applebloom have head out as well" Applejack added on.

"Okay" Aichi said smiling back, "what about you Scootaloo?"

"Oh, I have some things I need to do today so I have to get going" Scootaloo explained.

"Okay, well bye guys" Aichi said.

"Bye" all the mares said as the walked out the front door.

"You guys can come back anytime you want" Aichi screamed with the two sisters giving him a death glare, "you know with your sister permission of course."

And with that Aichi closed the door and took a deep breath. He thought about yesterday and the time he spent with the crusaders and it put a smile on his face. Then Ren walked into the room still look tired and gave a lit yaw. "So are they finally gone?"

"Yeah" Aichi answered.

"Good, with how they sound last night I did not wanna be near those two" Ren said.

"They didn't seem that mad" Aichi said defending Applejack and Rarity.

"Sure fooled me" Ren countered, "well anyway I get back to the shop, I got a few prototype trial decks to sell."

Ren began to walk up the stairs to his room. Aichi smiled, he was happy with current situation. Sure Link Joker was somewhere on this plant, but he felt at peace. 'Wait did Ren say trial decks?' Aichi thought, "wait REN!"

To Be Continued...

Next Time...

"What a day" Aichi said in relief.

"Yeah, I thought they never stop talking" Kai said.

"I'm just glad I got to show them Vanguard" Aichi said.

"Did you really have to use my trial decks" Ren said in a sad tone.

"I'm sorry Ren" Aichi said.

Ride 012:A Meeting Of Power, Enter Link Joker!

"Something doesn't feel right" Aichi said concerned.

Featured Card Of The Chapter

Duo Falling Heart, Victoria

Grade 3, 11000 Power, Twin Drive Check

Magallanica, Bermuda Triangle, Mermaid

Card Effect(s)

[ACT](VC): Legion20000 "Duo Falling Heart, Quancy" (If your opponent's vanguard is grade 3 or greater, this unit may return four cards from your drop zone into your deck once, search your deck for the specified card, and Legion)

[AUTO](VC):When this unit Legion, choose one of your rear-guards with "Duo" in its card name, return it to your hand, search your deck for up to one card with the same card name as that unit, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your deck.

[AUTO](VC):When this unit attacks a vanguard, if you have another unit in your middle column, this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of that battle.

Author's Note:

I thank you for the wait on this chapter, March is always a busy month for me for a lot of reasons. But I hope you like this chapter it was really out of my element to write a more slice of life chapter verse my normal writing style. So if it was not that good, please understand why. But the next chapter is were the fun begins. Link Joker relevance is final revealing itself, after like 6 chapters, hurray!

Also thanks to my editor for helping me out on this one, it help way more then you think. Remember I welcome all editors for this story it helps. Also artist because I sort want to enhance that part of my story.

Finally note, I find it odd that this chapter goes up on the same day that both My Little Pony season 5 comes out and the latest Cardfight!! Vanguard G episode comes out. I did not plan that, it just happened. Anyway enjoy this chapter.

Like, Favorite, Comment, etc.