• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 675 Views, 8 Comments

Ys: Memories of Celestia - DragonTamer314



An uncharted forest. An army of darkenss. And the world's hope rests in the hooves of one mare... without her memories.

  • ...
0
 8
 675

Prologue

~Prologue~

The sky above darkened as rainclouds started to form overhead. A few sparse drops of water fell here and there, the harbingers of the coming storm. The few ponies left in the streets made idle chatter with each other as they walked towards their homes, seeking refuge from the storm. All of them, except for a single, young, unicorn mare.

She slowly made her way through town, unsteady on her hooves. One could see a red tunic on her figure, with a small, steel shoulder guard on her right side. Various pouches hung from her belt, most empty. Her coat and mane were both lavender in color, the mane being darker than the coat. She had two stripes in her mane and tail, a light violet and a dark pink, almost red in color. She walked through town aimlessly as the storm picked up.

A conversation between two stallions, miners of the town, could be heard by the wanderer as she passed. “Hey, did you hear the news? Sounds like they found another gold vein.” The first said.

“Yeah, I heard the head miner went to check it out a little while ago.” The second replied, sounding as if he were an expert.

“Way I hear it, there are veins all the way into the Everfree Forest.”

“Heh, this gold rush buisness never lets up, does it?” The two shared a laugh. “Still, they aren’t seriously planning to go messing around in the forest, are they?”

“Don’t even joke about that!” His companion quickly replied. “Going even near that place isn’t worth all the bits in the world. Can’t spend it if you’re dead, after all!” Not hearing the rest of the conversation, the mare trudged forward, towards the center of town. As she walked, she passed by a pair of mares.

“I can’t believe it’s been five years since Equestria came under control of the New Romun Empire. And the city has never been more active!” She sounded knowledgeable, and well-poised for a high society.

Her companion scoffed at the idea. “Bah! A happy accident, no more. The Romuns don’t give a damn about us. Until they struck gold in that damn Everfree they couldn’t even be bothered to clean up the roads of this town!”

“Well, I hear there’s going to be a new Governor General soon, for what it’s worth.”

“Who cares? Nothing’s going to change.” The merchant-esque mare said. “They’ll just come over here, line their saddlebags with bits, and as soon as the gold runs dry, be on their way.”

“I suppose you may be right. But… wait. Hang on…” Her words were cut off as a white stallion walked past, flanked by guards on both sides. His mane was a stunning blonde, and a unicorn horn could be seen from his head. He was draped in a royal red cape. “That looks like a Romun officer. And a pretty hot one, if I may say so…”

“Hmph.” The other mare said, caring little. “I just wish they’d end the war with Griffonia so I could do buisness in peace already.”

“Couldn’t agree more.” The two mares shared a nod. “Feels like they’re just dragging their hooves by now.” Having walked out of earshot, the wandering mare limped on. She crossed the center of town, headed for a rather large building near the edge of the city. However, without looking, she had crashed into another mining stallion.

“Hey!” he exclaimed, dropping the coal he was carrying. “Watch it, you idiot! Look where you’re going!” The stallion slapped the mare across her face, causing her to lose her balance and fall over. She was completely exhausted, and couldn’t even gather the strength to stand up. “That all you got? Foals these days, I tell ya.” The stallion said as he continued his walking. “No backbone at all.”

Not having any strength at all, she fell completely to the ground as the rain picked up. The drops fell on her face, as few thoughts came to her exhausted mind. ‘Where am I..?” she thought. But then, an even stranger thought emerged. ‘Who… Who am I..?’ the next thing she knew, she blacked out.

DragonTamer314 Proudly Presents
(Without permission of Hasbro or Falcom, neither of which belongs to me nor am I a part of either company)

Ys: Memories of Celestia

Starring Twilight Sparkle as Adol Christin
(Or at least his character… sue me. No, wait, don’t do that. I wouldn’t like that at all.)

Author's Note:

Just in case you missed it in the description, Twilight is NOT an Alicorn here. yeah.
Please review, as this is my first story on this site (But not my first in general). Thanks!