• Published 4th Nov 2014
  • 1,522 Views, 52 Comments

Vengeance - EquestrianKirin



After Tirek's attack, King Sombra had found a way to escape the grip of love, and is now seeking revenge on the world.

  • ...
17
 52
 1,522

Dreamscape

The princess of the night continued on her trot through the Celestial plain, doing her nightly duty of helping out ponies in their dreams. The night's of the equestrian population were varied between pony to pony, and outta all of them, it was Luna's job to seek through and help when she could. Tonight though, Luna didn't had much to work with in terms of dreams. Most of the ponies were sleeping more soundly, even the fillies and colts (which compared to adult stallions and mares, have more trouble in their dreams due to childish impulses). Regardless of the lack of work, Luna still had a good walk through the cyan blue celestial plain. After all, the land of stars was a beauty to behold, no matter what kind of work was needed. Usually for Luna, a night would at least have a good amount of dreams needing help, and she couldn't get them ALL at one night, impossible to. She would go around, take a look at a population's dreamscape, and would decide if she would go in to help, or simply go on her way. This was similar to an art gallery to Luna, one of those art pieces you feel like you could "walk" into. Anyway, the night was nearly over (around 3 in the morning, to be exact), and Luna sensed that it was time to head back into the real world. How she was able to figure out in a world where the sun and moon doesn't exist, when to stop her work, nopony knows exactly. Luna looked around through the various dream bubbles around her as they started to disappear, signifying ponies are starting to wake up for Celestia's day, and telling the dark blue Alicorn that her job is finished for the night.

"Seems this night had gone very smoothly. Time to retire to Canterlot," Luna thought aloud. Since she was alone in this plain, she felt more free on her words and is able to talk to herself without other ponies hearing or eavesdropping on her as of were. The only voices that were heard were the faint whispers and echoes of the dreams beginning to finish their stories. However, before Luna opened her wings to fly back to reality, a unique noise caught her ears. It wasn't a pony echo from a dream, nor any sort of voice she could recognize from pass trips. The strange noise sounded like, oddly enough, a machine's cooling wheeze, or some sort of moaning phantom... At first, Luna, wasn't too sure on investigating, being that she needed to get back soon, but something about that voice sounded so...familiar...

"Luna..." The voice beconed her, slow and ominous, yet at the same time, a voice she had to answer to... Luna turned around, a bit hesitant at first as to the maker of such voice, but her curiousity enticed her to at least see who was speaking her name, and in such a place as the Celestial plain, where only her and Celestia could venture into. The only other pony she knew that came here was Twilight, and that was thanks to celestia herself. A hoof stepped forward, and Luna forced herself to remain still as the voice became more and more clear...louder...closer...creeping up onto her, apparently.

"Who's there?" Luna asked, a bit confused, and on defense as to what voice beacons her from this realm. What mostly intrigued Luna about that was who is exactly calling her? Like for mentioned, only she and celestia can freely access this plain...unless a pony has a power to come to such a place, which Luna was hoping not. Than again, it could simply be a finishing dream, but that idea was shattered when she realized no dream bubbles were present. The wait for such a reply was FAR too long for her to really handle, and she turned around, just about to leave when...

"LUNA!" The voice was very close now, sounding inches from her. The name came out more of a huff rather than in any real tone, which nearly made the alicorn jump upon hearing. Luna, not wanting to wait in that suspenseful jump, quickly spun around, horn at the ready...nothing...

"WHO'S HERE?!" Luna involuntarily used that "canterlot voice" of hers on that part, and tried to calm herself to correct, but as it turned out soon afterward, it wasn't necessary. Just seconds after the boom echoed around the celestial plain, a deep, evil laugh echoed on through her brain. Luna stood firm, but something grabbed all 4 of her hooves, firm and painful like a bear trap, as Luna gasped in shock. her eyes bolted to her front hooves, able to see a dark, fog-like substance wrap around her ankles, climbing up her body as the laughter echoed again. Luna tried to flap her alicorn wings, but the fog wrapped tightly around them, grounding her where she stood! The fog yanked down her wings to the floor, making Luna scream in pain. She was forced to lay down on her knees so her wings wouldn't tear off her, though blood started to course through her legs and wings, and into the fog, as if the fog was trying to drain her like a vampony!

"AH! Let me go! NOW!" Luna screeched...nothing...dead silence...until she began to hear hoofsteps coming closer to her. The sound of horse shoes echoed, until a strong stomp was slammed down on her flowing tail. Luna tried to turn her head to see who was doing that, but the fog grabbed her chin and yanked her head forward...then the voice, clear as the crystal empire, whispered softly into her ear.

"Did you miss me, Luna?" Luna could barely move her eyes far enough to see, but the figure gave her the privalidge to see who he was. The vision of grey armor, red royal cape, red horn, and green eyes, made it far too real...Luna knew immediately who was present in the celestial plain...though she wished he wasn't there at all...

"No...Sombra...but...but how, your..."

"Dead?...You're sadly mistaken, princess. I'm still here, as you can plainly see..." His voice was deep, and powerful, the information hitting Luna like a freight train...but how was it possible? Such a monster in front of her, and he wasn't supposed to be there!

"But...how? You're supposed TO BE DEAD!" Luna retaliated, leaning towards the canterlot voice. Yet, the figure in front of her wasn't fazed by the booming voice. In fact, he simply laughed at her.

"Indeed, I can see you're confusion and defiance against the truth...but let me tell you something, Princess Luna. This is real. And, no matter what you do, or what you say, it's not going to change that." Luna flew into a rage, trying to shake and struggle out of the gripping, draining fog, but the fog suddenly started to suck out her life, to the point where she felt too weak to stand. The blood turned black as it touched the floor, as Luna fell down to her side, wings spread out from her back, to weak to contract back to her own body. the figure leaned towards her ear again.

"Struggle as much as you wish, Luna. The fog will suck you completely dry as such." He said, oddly in some sort of coo, as Luna tried to keep conscious in front of the horrid monster she is confronted with. Luna could only look up to Sombra with gritted teeth and anger-filled eyes, as Sombra looked right back with a calm, ruling sense edged onto his face.

"How did you get here?" Luna growled. Sombra smiled, showing his gleaming, white sharp teeth in his mouth.

"You tell me, Luna."...no words were focus between them for what seemed like forever. Sombra just snorted, and turned around from Luna, the blue alicorn unable to move due to the fog surrounding her, draining her of her strength.

"Wait. Wait. What are you going to do with me!" Luna croaked, as the fog swirled around her neck, sucking out her breath. Oddly enough, Sombra gave a rough huff towards it, the fog actually responding by letting go of her neck so Luna could breathe. Half of Luna knew that would happen, but the other half of Luna was shocked beyond belief. Sombra's controlling this draining fog? Unable to move a muscle in her body, Sombra lifted her head so her eyes are locked with his. Instead if a smile, he had a look similar to a teacher would when scolding a student when they screwed up.

"You're just gonna...take a vacation, if you will. You just rest here, and everything will go along just fine..."

"I can't! and I won't!"

"How can you go? my fog had already fed on your very essence, to the point when you can't even stand. Besides Luna, you should be thanking me. After all, you've hardly gotten much rest yourself..."

"YOU LET ME GO OR I'll -" Luna's croaked voice was cut short when Sombra gave a swift, yet brutal whack to her temple by his bony hoof. The hit spun Luna around about a foot away, making her fall on her side, landing harshly on her wing, which lost all feeling at that point. Sombra eyed her down, seeing how weak she was, literally inches away from death. his hoof slowly lifted upward, the fog finally letting her loose...but the fog was replaced with chains, stuck inside the bones of her legs. so she couldn't escape without ripping her legs off her body. these same chains clang in her wings and inside her neck, for the same purpose. Sombra grew another smile on his face, seeing the alicorn roll onto her stomach, chains still intact.

"Not so easy being locked away, is it, Luna? Now, if you excuse me." Sombra turned around, and began walking away from Luna's sight. Luna turned and tried her magic on the chains, only to find her magic blast right through them...and then rematerialize back, making that completely useless. Sombra chuckled.

"Don't even try your magic, dear Luna. You may have plenty of magic tricks up your sleeves, but none of them can break the grip those chains have on your body..." Sombra gave Luna a wink, as Luna tried to blast him to oblivion, but that didn't seem to work, as the rays of magic went through Sombra. as if Luna was blasting at a cloud. Sombra began walking away from her, his hoofsteps echoing in the plain...and he disappears...Leaving Luna trapped...and Alone...

****

Princess Celestia hummed up a tune to herself, as she walked down the castle's main hall leading to Luna's room. It was a bit later that Luna would be sleeping in, but this wasn't the first time that Luna would sleep in, being the princess of the night and all. Celestia found Luna's doors closed up, and opened them to find a sound asleep luna still laying in her bed, not doing her job to lower the moon just yet. Celestia looked out her window, and crept pass Luna, lowering her moon, and raising her sun. Then she turned to Luna with a soft smile on her face.

"Time to get up, sleepyhead," Celestia said, softly yet lord enough for Luna to hear. Usually, this'll fallow by either a groan by Luna, not wanting to get up, or simply nothing as she slept. And in this case, Luna didn't react to Luna's presence. Celestia nudged her sister on the shoulder, understanding her tiredness.

"Come on, Luna. It's time to get up, sister," Celestia repeated. Again, there was no reaction from the blue alicorn laying in her bed, as if Luna couldn't hear Celestia. The white alicorn looked over her sister some more, seeing the lack of reaction from her.

"Luna, get up," Celestia said, slightly less soft...nothing.

"Luna."

Still nothing...

"Luna! Up, now," Celestia knew when a joke dragged on a bit too long, and Celestia used her telekinetic magic to lift her sister outta bed, neatly putting the covers back as she did so. She levitated luna over the floor next to her bed. What'll usually happen was Luna would drop Luna on the floor, and Luna would wake up startled and Celestia getting a chuckle outta Luna's expense. Not exactly the nicest way to wake up a family member, but a way non the less. Celestia removed the telekinesis from around Luna, as Luna dropped down roughly on the floor, her face slamming on the floor under her as the rest of her body tumbled down like a Timberwolf with termites in it's legs...Nothing...absolutely nothing. Now Celestia was in more of a worry over her sister.

"Luna? Luna! Wake up, Luna!" Celestia said, urgent filling her tone as she loomed over Luna's body. The body didn't move in the slightest, not even a twitch came from Luna's lifeless body. The commotion got a couple of her guards to investigate the worrying scene.

"Princess, is something wrong?" one asked. Celestia tried to calm herself before turning to face them.

"My sister won't wake up! I have to find out what's wrong with her," Celestia levitated Luna back into bed, as a guard walked to Celestia's side.

"Shall I get a doctor, Celestia?" he asked.

"Get the best one you can find, and hurry," Celestia ordered. The guards galloped out of the room, as Celestia looked down at the body of her sister. What happened to her?