• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 7,944 Views, 76 Comments

A Majin's Journey. - Tom2rules



Kid Buu arrives on Equestria, will it fall to the Majin or save not only the universe, but Buu too?

  • ...
7
 76
 7,944

4). Buu likes apples? What Madness is this?!

A earth pony, a pegasi, and Majin walked through a forest...

No, thats not a bad start to a joke, that was honestly what was happening. For the last few minutes Pinkie Pie, Majin Buu, and Fluttershy had been slowly making their way out of the forest. With Pinkie Pie leading the trio, she was determined to show Buu to ALL of her friends.

That included Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and various other ponies!

But finding Rainbow Dash…that was another issue.

Due to the Pegasus’s active personality, it was hard to tell where they could find the racer in such short notice. Heck, most of the time Rainbow Dash actually came to them. It was rare that anypony in Ponyville actually had to go and find her.

But luck seemed to be on their side today, for after following Pinkie for god knows how long, the trio came across a seemingly odd cloud that was far too close to the ground then it should be.

Taking a closer look, the Pink pony became ecstatic when she noticed a multicolored tail hanging off the cloud’s puffy surface.

“Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie hollered at the cloud, “Come down! I’ve got someone you’ve just got to meet!”

But despite her hollering (which could be compared to a megaphone) and familiar voice, Pinkie’s words didn’t even get a twitch out of the multicolored pony, who continued to just sleep the day away.

Pinkie Pie was shocked by the lack of reaction she got out of her friend and narrowed her eyes in determination; it was time for the big guns.

Sticking her hoof into her puffy tail, Pinkie Pie somehow pulled out a industrial sized megaphone. Gently clearing her throat, the pink pony slowly lifted the device up to her mouth and…

“RAINBOW DASH! GET YOUR SLEEPY HEAD OUT OF THAT CLOUD AND GET DOWN HERE!”

The booming sound of Pinkie’s amplified voice nearly shattered the eardrums of everyone around her. Both Buu and Fluttershy quickly covered their ears to protect themselves, but it may not have been enough.

But even after all of that, the trio looked up at the cloud and saw…

Nothing, maybe a twitch of her tail, but other than that there was no response….how and the heck did she not hear that?!

After uncovering her ears, Fluttershy took a closer look at the cloud.

“Maybe she has her ears covered?...”

Pinkie had to agree, there was no other way that the Pegasus could have NOT heard her after that.

“Ah flapjacks, and of all days I had to forget my catapult and my balloons!” Pinkie Pie cursed before looking at her friend.

“Fluttershy, could you go up there and get her attention? I really want her to meet Buu!” Pinkie pleaded with her friend, even prepared to use her Pinkie stare if she had too.

“Ok…” Fluttershy sighed, but before she was able to even able to prepare her wings, something unexpected happened.

During the entire exchange, Buu had been staring strangely at the cloud this ‘Rainbow Dash’ was currently resting on. Guessing at the current height of the cloud, Buu started to stretch his legs. And bending his knees slightly, Majin Buu took off in a massive jump, one that bypassed anything the two ponies could have considered possible (or at least that’s what Fluttershy thought, Pinkie is another issue).

“Whoot! Buu is a jackrabbit!”

Landing gracefully on top of the cloud, Buu glanced at the multi colored pony.

Rainbow Dash was lying there asleep, cuddling up into the cloud as if it were her pillow. She even had a pair of earplugs made of cloud in her ears. It would have been a adorable scene…if she didn’t accidently cause Buu and Fluttershy to nearly get their eardrums exploded by Pinkie’s voice.

Getting a funny idea, Buu gently removed the makeshift earplugs from the small pony and leaned closer. With a sick smile on his face, the Majin took a deep breath and…

Flicked her in the face.

“What in the…” Rainbow Dash muttered as she rose from her slumber, but she wasn’t expecting this!

“What the hay!?”

Rolling off the cloud, Rainbow Dash prepared to take flight. But before she could even flex her wings, something grabbed her by the tail and suspended the pony in mid air. Looking back, Rainbow annoyed to see Buu still standing on her former bed, holding her by her multi-colored tail.

“Let go of me you giant wad of chewing gum!” Rainbow Dash shouted at the Majin, who only responded with an eerie grin.

With her patience growing thin, the pegasi reared back one of her legs and kicked the Majin straight in the face. With his neck snapping backwards, Buu released his grip on the pony’s leg and allowed her to return to her element.

“Ah! Buu!” Fluttershy shouted, seeing Buu getting harmed was not good for her delicate heart.

Flying through the air, Rainbow Dash leveled herself up with the strange creature that woke her from her nice nap. She even went the extra length to make some ear plugs incase somepony tried to wake her up. But all of that was now ruined by…whatever this thing was.

But for Buu, this was an interesting development. For the most part (aside from Pinkie’s randomness), this world was very peaceful, no pony had any urge for combat or war. But while this pony was no different, there was something else in her eyes.

The urge for a challenge, something to test herself against.

Now that was something Buu could easily supply.

Rainbow Dash flew through the sky in incredible speed, completely tearing the cloud to pieces the moment she touched it. But as the pony turned her head around to see if she had to go rescue this creature from falling to its death, she was shocked at what she saw.

It was floating…with nothing below its feet.

“How in the…how does that even work?” Rainbow Dash muttered, completely dumbstruck at what she was seeing.

“Ha!” Buu laughed at look Rainbow Dash was currently wearing, it was priceless! But all his laughter really got on the young flyer’s nerves.

Meanwhile on the ground below, Fluttershy and Pinkie were having similar reactions…somewhat.

Fluttershy was just amazed. Being a Pegasus herself, Fluttershy was amazed that Buu could fly all on his own, no wings or anything. He was just floating there!

Although…

“Whoo! Buu is a flying jackrabbit!”

Classic Pinkie.

Rainbow Dash raced though the air with all of her speed, but try as she might, the pegasi couldn’t touch the pink majin. Every time the cyan pony even neared Buu, he easily slipped past her. He was playing with her, not that she knew it anyway. But when Buu noticed her speed slowly increasing, he got a devilish idea.

Easily dodging another of the pony’s charges, the majin stopped himself and extended his hand. Giving the pony a small ‘come-on’ gesture, Buu waited.

Narrowing her eyes, the star flyer of Ponyville took off at an incredible speed. Rainbow Dash was going to knock that smug look right off that thing’s face!...or at least that was the plan.

But as Rainbow Dash’s head came in contact with the majin’s torso, something horrifying happened. She didn’t slam into Buu’s body…but went right through it. Leaving a fairly large hole in the creature’s body, Rainbow Dash and the others could only stare in shock as Buu remained still…not moving an inch.

“I…didn’t mean too…I…” Rainbow Dash stuttered, her mind nearly shattered at what she had done. The high flyer had easily beaten the crap out of plenty of creatures in her time…but she had never hurt something this bad.

Fluttershy was nearly in tears. Sure, she hadn’t gotten to know Buu all that much (most of their time together had mostly involved Buu nearly going ballistic due to Pinkie Pie), but she still hated seeing anything get hurt. And this…this was too much.

And Pinkie Pie? She dropped the pom-poms she had pulled out (don’t ask from where, I have no idea) and stared in horror. Was her new friend really gone? Just like that?

Nope!

Grinning like a maniac, Buu suddenly started to dance in the air, utterly shocking the three ponies. Rainbow Dash was frozen in surprise, Fluttershy nearly fainted (out of relief), and Pinkie Pie jumped in joy. Buu even got up in the cyan pony’s face just to freak her out more, it was unreal.

Deciding to end this charade, Buu took a deep breath and focused on the fairly large hole that no in his gut. Then without a moment’s notice, the hole that Rainbow Dash had created suddenly repaired itself. Good as new!

“What the hay just happened?!” Rainbow Dash screamed, utterly confused by whatever the heck was going on. But as she did this, the cyan pony didn’t notice the devious smile adorning the Majin’s face.

It was Buu’s turn…

Flaring his Ki, Majin Buu flew toward the pony with a speed that would have made the Wonderbolts seem like a bunch of noobs. With a quick flick of his antennae, the Majin unleashed a familiar pink beam of energy. Rainbow Dash couldn’t even blink as the wave of energy consumed her. And with a sudden poof, the cyan flyer of Ponyville was transformed…

…Into a cupcake.

Yes, you heard that correctly. Rainbow Dash was now a cupcake (with a rainbow colored icing).

Catching the treat in mid air (so it didn’t fall to the ground in a splat), Buu couldn’t help but release one of his most terrifying laughs in all of his life. Buu always wondered why his other self loved transforming things into sweets, and now he knew why! It was hysterical!

Fluttershy and Pinkie stared wide-eyed at the scene that they had just witnessed. Fluttershy because of the fact that Buu had just transformed one of her best friends into a confection. How in the heck could have done that? Was it magic? Was it some kind of other worldly power? And more importantly…could it be reversed?

And Pinkie? She was just amazed that Buu could turn living things into treats as well! That was amazing (and a little creepy). Slowly lowering himself back to the ground, Buu quickly approached the duo and handed the Rainbow cake to Pinkie, who instantly tried to eat it. It just looked so tasty (hey, you work in a cake shop as long as Pinkie and treats kind of take over your mind)!

Luckily Fluttershy tackled the pink earth pony and pulled the cupcake out of her reach…for the moment.

“Um…Buu? Could you please change Rainbow back to normal please!?” Fluttershy asked the Majin, “I don’t know how long I can hold Pinkie back!”

So with another flick of his antennae, the Majin once again released the familiar pink transforming beam. Striking the cupcake, the area was again shrouded in a bright light before vanishing once more in a simple poof.

Gone was the simple Cupcake and once again, Rainbow Dash was there (although terribly confused).

Heck, you ever wonder how it felt to be turned into a cupcake? It was one of those things that were impossible to describe in words.

Still, Fluttershy was relieved to see her friend back to normal after that brief scare. How would she have explained to all of her friends that Rainbow Dash had been turned into a Cupcake? The idea itself is just nuts!

“Oh well…off to AppleJack! Her farm is nearby!” Pinkie called out, still alittle disappointed that she didn't even get to taste the cupcake (Buu was starting to question if this pony was a cannibal). Still, with her destination in mind, the pink pony took off in a burst, leaving a pink cloud in her wake.

Fluttershy wasn’t sure if she wanted to follow her hyper friend anymore, things were just getting too weird. But it’s not like she had a choice in the matter.

Noticing the Pegasus’s timid reaction to her random friend, Buu decided that she may need some help in pursuing Pinkie. Lightly picking up the yellow pony, Buu flared his Ki up again and took off after the pink pony, diving into the mass of trees that she had disappeared into.

But as all of this happened, no pony (or majin) noticed that Rainbow Dash was still just sitting there, shockingly silent.

“CAN SOMEPONY EXPLAIN WHAT THE HAY JUST HAPPENED?!”

-A few minutes later, Sweet Apple Acres-

After basically pressing the restart button in her mind, Rainbow Dash quickly caught up with the trio. Although she tried to stay clear of Buu, the Pegasus approached the other wined pony and started to ask a few well needed questions.

“So…neither of you know what he is?”

“Um…no.” Fluttershy said, “Pinkie just brought him to my home and that’s it…”

“That’s it?” Rainbow Dash was not convinced, “Whatever that creature is, he can fly, regenerate from a gigantic hole in his torso, and he turned me into a Cupcake! That’s a little fishy isn’t it?”

Fluttershy just stared at the ground. Maybe it was a good idea that she didn’t mention the vanishing ball Buu created earlier…

“I mean look at that thing!” Rainbow pointed at Buu, who was currently in an incredible game of tag with Pinkie Pie. They were racing back and forth faster than Twilight would if someone dangled an ancient and informative book in front of her face.

“He is about as spontaneous and random as Pinkie is! That’s not a good sign.”

It was around this time that the four finally entered the massive fields of apple trees that Sweet Apple acres were so famous for. It as a sight to behold, apple trees as far as the eyes could see. Even to Buu, who had seen his fair share of trees (before he destroyed them anyway) was amazed at this sight.

But what Buu really was staring at was the apples. It had been centuries since Buu had eaten a nice fresh apple. Heck, the Majin couldn’t even remember the last time he had one.

So without another thought, the Majin suddenly vanished from sight (due to instant transmission) and reappeared right next to the closest apple tree. With a blinding speed, the Majin suddenly started to devour as many apples as he could. Heck, if he continued at that pace, Buu would easily devour every single apple that the tree was currently barring in less than a minute.

“Hey!”

A sudden voice shattered the Majin’s feasting, much to his annoyance. Sticking three apples into his arms, the Majin turned his attention to the source of this voice.

Turns out the sudden voice belonged to another earth pony, although this one was a little different than the others. This pony had an orange coated body along with a blond colored tail and mane. And atop her head was a cowboy hat, something Buu did not expect to be in the hands (hoofs) of a pony.

This was Applejack, the element of Honesty and one of the main operators of Sweet Apple Acres…and boy, she looked mad.

Slowly walking over to the Majin, the cowpony glared into the pink creature’s red eyes.

“Unless you’re willing to pay for that, ah’d consider dropping those apples.”

Taking that as a threat, Buu smiled at Applejack. Lifting one of the remaining apples to his mouth, Buu slowly opened his mouth, making sure that his sharp teeth were in clear view.

“Don’t you dare…”

Just to spite her, Buu took a nice slow bite of the apple, savoring it. Well that, and the enraged look that was now adorning Applejack’s face, she was furious. But to Buu, it was hilarious. And just to add insult to injury, Buu stuck his blue tongue out at the pony in defiance.

Unfortunately, that action just set her off.

“That’s it!” Applejack sneered.

Then, with a quick turn of her body, Applejack shot her hind legs forward, bucking Buu straight in the face.
Unfortunately the pony didn’t really gauge the strength in her kick. Due to that, Applejack was shocked when she knocked the Majin’s head clean off…

The four equestrians just stared as the pink head flew off into the distance, disappearing into the mass of apple trees in the distance.

Two of the ponies (Fluttershy and Applejack) were openly shocked and freighted at this development. Fluttershy’s reasons were quite obvious at this point.

Applejack on the other hand had never quite gotten a development such as THAT whenever she kicked something in the head…it was a little bit frightening.

But Pinkie and Rainbow Dash? Not so much of a reaction (they were getting used to it…somewhat).

Buu…didn’t really react to getting his head get knocked off. Heck, his body just stood there for a few moments before his shoulders drooped a bit. Walking in the direction that his head flew, the pink creature’s body briefly disappeared into the forest for a few moments. But soon enough, the headless Majin returned…with his head.

For the most part, Buu looked more bored then he did annoyed. Buu had been through a lot worse things than getting his head knocked off, so this wasn’t that bad. Heck, the Majin was still chew the apple he had taken a bite out of before his head went flying.

“What...” The cowpony started to wonder, but was stopped when she noticed a cyan colored hoof gently touch her shoulder.

“Don’t question it Applejack, I’m just as confused as you are.”

Indeed, the rainbow colored flyer was just as confused as Applejack was at the moment. But when you think about it, anypony would be helplessly confused at this point.

Briefly reattaching his head, Buu attempted to return to his apples. But Applejack wouldn’t have any of that. Knocking the apples out of the Majin’s hands, the earth pony stared into the Majin’s eyes with a considerable amount of fierceness.

“Now listen here, this is mah family’s business.” Applejack told the Majin, “And as a business, we just can’t have anypony such as yourself just eating our products all willy nilly, got it!”

Not even blinking, the Majin quickly thought of a reasonable response.

Slowly leaning toward the cowpony, Buu slowly opened his mouth and…took Applejack’s hat.

“Wha…” Applejack said as Buu readjusted the hat upon his head, it was a close fit but it worked.

“Hey! Gimme back mah hat!” Applejack yelled, clearly not happy about the sudden loss of her hat.

But Buu did no such thing; this was clearly payback for the whole ‘getting your head knocked off’ thing that just happened. And just to prove his point, the Majin suddenly flicked the pony in the face with a bit of strength.

This of course sent the pony flying, her back eventually slamming into a tree that was positioned a few yards behind her. Applejack’s friends quickly rushed to her side. Thankfully Buu hadn’t hit her too hard, leaving the pony in only a slight daze.

“Are you ok Applejack?” Fluttershy asked, concerned with the dazed look in her friend’s eyes.

Applejack groaned slightly before sitting up. Giving a brief nod, Applejack stared at the Majin with a bit of concern.

That creature had sent Applejack flying with just a flick of his finger. Big Mac, Applejack’s brother would have had to use a considerable amount of his immense strength to do a similar thing. But if this thing had done the same with a single finger…what could it possibly do with all of its strength?

“What…what is that thing?” Applejack asked.

“Oh, that’s Buu!” Pinkie giggled, earning a confused gaze from the other earth pony.

“Buu? What in tarnation is a Buu?”

“He is! Silly willy!” Pinkie laughed, causing her friend to sigh with wonder. Curse Pinkie and her randomness.

But the group’s conversation was short lived as Applejack spotted Buu slowly walk toward them. Bracing herself, the young pony prepared for anything the Majin was about to do to her.

But it was a pleasant surprise when instead of getting another strike to her face; Applejack felt a familiar sensation upon her head. Looking up, Applejack noticed that instead of doing anything harmful, Buu had actually returned her hat.

“Um…thank you.” Applejack awkwardly said, unsure how to respond to the weird creature.

The Majin just shrugged before walking away. Buu had to give this little pony some respect; she had one hell of a kick.