• Published 19th Oct 2014
  • 2,111 Views, 8 Comments

The Pirate & the Royal - RavenFire2908



when Captain Rainbow Dash kidnap the royal Applejack, she find out there is more about this princess then she thought.

  • ...
15
 8
 2,111

Coming back (edited)

Chapter 4

Coming Back

Rainbow Dash didn't leave her room, she didn't want to see anypony. She had a broken heart, she missed Applejack. She so very badly wanted her back. She looked out the window in the direction her beloved had vanished. Small tears began to run down her face.

A small knock at the door tore Rainbow's attention from the window. For once she let whoever it was inside. "Come in..."

Just seconds later Twilight and Pinkie trotted in. They both looked at the dishevelled state Rainbow was in and walked up to her, trying to again comfort her.

"Rainbow Dash? We need a heading, we can't just sit around like this. Tell us where we're going next," Twilight demanded. She put her hoof on Rainbows shoulder.

Rainbow Dash just sat quietly for a few moments before sitting up.

"We sail for Baltimare," Rainbow stated flatly. She didn't even turn her head to face Twilight or Pinkie.

"But we'll be torn apart! You promised to never go near his country!" Twilight gasped. It would be suicide to go there.

"W-we could go to Vanhoover instead," Pinkie suggested.

Rainbow finally turned around, she gave them both an angry glare. "We are going to Baltimare! End of story!" Rainbow growled, she smashed her hoof on a nearby table, breaking it in half. Both Twilight and Pinkie jumped back a little, and quickly ran out to give the orders.

Rainbow sat back down and whispered "I will come for you... Applejack."

---

The moon glowed over the sea, the royal ship was slowly getting closer to Baltimare, Blueblood's home and soon to be hers.

Applejack sat on a golden bed, Blueblood laid asleep beside her. She glared at the prince as he tried to pull her in. Applejack didn't really have a choice, instead she walked off the bed to the window. She looked outside and began to cry, occasionally sniffing. Unfortunately, the noise woke up the prince.

"Why are you crying? I just saved your life," he said as he sat up in the bed.

"Saved me? Saved me?! You didn't sa-" she started but was cut off by a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" Blueblood asked.

"Your highness, we are beginning our final approach into Baltimare," came a male voice from behind the door.

"Very well... how long until we put into port?" Blueblood asked.

"About an hour..." The voice answered.

Blueblood smirked at Applejack. "Just a few hours away from our wedding, and you will be mine forever," he said, his stupid smirk never leaving his face.

He crept over to Applejack and wrapped his hooves around her. He tried to kiss her on the lips, but she moved enough for him to only hit her cheek.

"You're a coward," Applejack muttered under her breath.

Blueblood turned from her and left the room. Applejack glared daggers at Blueblood as he walked away. "I will miss you Dash..." she sighed, and began to cry.

---

As soon as the ship had docked in the harbour of Baltimare, Applejack was met by Ganny, Big Mac, Apple Bloom, Fluttershy and Rarity. Applejack nearly jumped with glee as soon as she saw them.

"Welcome back honey," Granny smiled as she hugged Applejack in a deadly grip. Apple Bloom and Mac also... almost killed her.

"We missed you darling," Rarity said as they hugged Applejack more gently.

"I missed you too," Applejack replied as she cried.

"We thought that we'd never see you again," Fluttershy whimpered, she was the last to let go.

"I didn't either." A single tear of happiness fell from her eye. She had gotten to see her friends again; but was it worth it?

The residents of the town Blueblood's castle was in had come to see their new queen. As they sat in the carriage, ponies stood outside, cheering for her. Inside sat Applejack, Blueblood, Apple Bloom, Big Mac and Granny. They were all overjoyed to see Applejack unharmed.

"Applejack?" Mac asked, Applejack turned towards him, "what happened?"

Applejack looked away and out the window, she sighed. "Well... I was kidnapped..." She didn't want to say anymore. She didn't want to tell her family that she, a princess, had fallen in love with a pirate.

"Did they do something to you? They didn't hurt you, did they?" Mac asked. Applejack was about to answer but Blueblood came first.

"They weren't anything like I had imagined. From the looks of it, my dear hadn't been hurt," he said, looking at Applejack, but Applejack just surveyed the crowd of ponies outside her window.

"What do you mean?" Granny asked, she had dealt with pirates before and knew how they worked.

"Well... they didn't fight and, to my dismay, are still alive," Blueblood said.

"Why are they still alive if you found them with Applejack in the temple?"

Blueblood looked at Applejack. "She let them go."

"What?!" the three apples shouted.

"Why the hay did you let them live?" Mac asked. "They're pirates! They kidnapped you!" he screamed in her ear.

"They didn't harm me! They were nice! They were unlike any pirates I've heard of!" Applejack yelled back.

"THEY ARE PIRATES!!!!" he shouted, bringing an end to the argument. Applejack almost recoiled, she had rarely heard Mac raise his voice, especially at her.

The carriage stopped, they were outside the gates to the castle. As Applejack walked out, she looked out over the town. The town was small and every building in serious disrepair, everything was in absolutely terrible condition. She managed to see a small foal outside the gates; the foal was thin and looked hungry. Applejack almost started to run toward the foal, but she was dragged inside by her brother. 'How does he run his kingdom?' Applejack asked herself.

"AJ, wake up!" Apple Bloom urged as she waved her hoof in front of her sister's eyes.

"Huh... wha?!" she asked.

"We have to try your dress on," Bloom said as she somehow dragged Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity into a room. The room was bright blue with large panel windows, bright pink curtains pulled open to let in light. There was a large golden bed, a huge wardrobe, and right in front of it was a ponnequin modelling a snow white wedding dress. The dress had golden ribbon going over the flank, the front was made of clear gold silk. White roses decorated the entire thing, while for a headband there were white roses and a long veil that glittered. Applejack looked upon the ensemble with revulsion.

"Come on darling... try it on," Rarity said cheerfully.

"Urg... fine..." Applejack relented as she went to put the dress on, some minutes later Applejack stepped forward. The dress looked good on her, but for some reason it felt wrong.

"How does it feel sis?" Bloom asked as she jumped around.

"Wrong," Applejack said under her breath

"What was that darling?"

"Nothing! It feels fine I guess," Applejack said, panicking.

"Well, just call if yo-" Fluttershy started, but was cut off by Rarity.

"What! We are not nearly done yet! Your hair!" Applejack quickly tried to escape Rarity and her fashion grip, trying to jump away but was stopped by Rarity's magic around her hoof. She was dragged over to a chair and forced to sit down. Apple Bloom and Fluttershy giggled as they saw Rarity attack Applejack with a hairbrush.

---

"Captain Dash, we're almost there" Twilight said as she walked over to Rainbow Dash who now stood at the stern. She stood there looking back out along the roiling waves.

"How long?" Dash asked, turning her head slightly toward Twilight.

"I believe about four hours," she answered, she knew Dash was desperate to get there as quickly as possible.

"Good," Dash said with a small smile. 'I will be there soon.'

---

The church was full of ponies from both countries. Applejack's country sat on the left and Blueblood's sat on the right. Applejack stood behind the huge doors that were the entrance to the huge chapel; in only a few minutes, she would be married. 'May Celestia kill me now,' she silently prayed.

The doors then opened. Applejack saw the huge crowd rise from their seats, she gulped and started to walk. The organ played the usual wedding march, but to Applejack, it was a nightmare to listen to. She felt like she was going to break down crying, but she couldn't. Her family sat in the front row, her best friends were her bridesmaids, they could see that Applejack was unhappy about this.

Blueblood on the other hoof was enjoying the sight of her. She was beautiful, but the sadness in her face somehow made him a little happier. He was going to enjoy being her husband. One, he may be looked up to more. Ponies in his kingdom usually hated him, but if they said anything, it was an assured death.

Applejack slowly made her way to the altar. She faced Blueblood with no emotion on her face, she only looked straight ahead.

"Welcome to the wedding of prince Blueblood Starship and Princess Applejack Apple," the priest began. Both Applejack and Blueblood faced each other. "Today the lives of two kingdoms will change. The land of Baltimare and Appleloosa, will be one." Applejack could feel the sorrow start to consume her, but she held it inside.

Meanwhile a team of pirates were fighting their way towards the church. The rainbow maned one didn't pay any attention to the guards however, instead, she flew as fast as her wings could carry her right past them. The rest of her team had the upperhoof, they were winning. Twilight fought ten guards at once, she was quite adept with using her magic in combat.

Pinkie though, had an unnusual fighting style, dodging blows by dancing to music that was blaring from a record player that she'd mysteriously pulled out of nowhere, occassionally disappearing in a flash of confetti, only to somehow re-appear behind her opponents.

Offensively she just seemed to be blasting the guards with an assortment of party supplies and tying them up using streamers that were as strong as any rope. She was an enigma on the battlefield that baffled every guard she was fighting.

Rainbow saw the church ahead of her and her wings flapped faster, but out of nowhere a team of pegaus guards flew in front of her to block her path. She stopped and drew her sword. A fight in midair, Rainbow tried her best not to lose, she couldn't lose. Losing was for another day. She swung her sword left and right, felling guards one after another. As soon as the final guard was down, Rainbow didn't stop her mad dash for the church.

Rainbow pushed her way inside, and stopped as she heard the words "speak now or forever hold their peace." Then she did it. She walked inside and yelled, her voice echoing throughout the large abbey.

"Stop!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. Her heart melted as she saw Applejack almost jump in happiness.

"What?! You promised to stay away from my country!" Blueblood shrieked, a vein pulsing on his forehead in anger.

"You do know that you're talking to a pirate, right?" Rainbow asked with a chuckle. "Anyway! Applejack, I have something I need to tell you! I love you!" she exclaimed. She did it, and she hoped that Applejack reciprocated.

Applejack was, at first, stunned. She just stood there, mouth agape, disbelief shining in her eyes. After a moment, she was finally able to form an answer.

"I-I love you too," Applejack said, her heart by this point had melted with joy and happiness. She started to walk toward Dash but was stopped by Blueblood putting his hoof out in front of her.

"This is ridiculous how can you love her? She's only a stupid pirate!" he snapped.

"I love her because she gave me the time of my life... she gave me the taste of freedom," Applejack said firmly as she tried to walk past Blueblood.

"Guards! Arrest the pirate! Also, take my bride to her room, and lock the door!" A massive group of guards rushed into the church. Applejack and Dash panicked and tried to run to each other, but some of the guards stopped them, grabbing Applejack around her arms and waist, dragging her away. They threw rope around Dash, effectively tying her up, preventing her from moving.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack yelled as she saw them bind her true love.

"Applejack!" Dash yelled back as she saw them take Applejack back to the altar.

The guards got her up to the altar and Blueblood lifted Applejack's face. The glare Applejack gave him would have made a chimera tremble with fear. "You will be mine princess, and as for your little love..." he turned his head toward Rainbow Dash, "she will die tomorrow when the sun hits the bell tower in the town square."

He then turned back to Applejack, "and you will watch it happen." Applejack broke down crying, she would be forced to watch Dash die in front of her very eyes.

"N-no please!" she pleaded.

"It's too late to beg," Blueblood sneered.

Applejack was dragged out of the church and back to the castle, while Rainbow Dash was taken to the entrance to the dungeon. She caught sight of her crew on her ship not too far away. She knew that they had to run, Dash didn't blame them.

"Goodbye..." she said as her her beloved ship and crew disappeared, she turned her head to see Applejack be thrown into a carriage with bars over the windows, she began to cry. "I love you," she whispered one last time as she was thrown into another carriage.