• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 1,242 Views, 26 Comments

Inheritance - Azuras



Twilight Sparkle, a bearer of the Elements of Harmony, the Newest Princess of Equestria, the Hero of Equestria and the seeker for Truth. She will search the World for the Answers of a forgotten Race and uncover the truth meant to be forgotten

  • ...
5
 26
 1,242

Chapter 1

The train rumbles along the railroad to the Crystal Empire as Twilight looks out the window towards the frozen wasteland with anticipation. She can’t help but flutter her wings and hum a tune to herself as she waits for the trip to be over.

Twilight finally pulls herself from the window and the never changing landscape which lies outside the Royal Train car and looks to her trusty Assistant and baby brother Spike. Who happens to be snoring away on his blanket after eating a few to many sweets from the dining car.

Giggling Twilight pulls out the letter which she had received just a few hours ago

Dear Twily Princess Twilight

I’m writing to you today to inform you of a recent discovery in the Crystal Empire. A team of archeologists where looking in one of the mines which were dug during Sombra’s rain and uncovered a chamber which predates the Crystal Empire.

As they explored the chamber they found a concealed doorway which lead into what was found to be a massive complex. The architecture resembles that of some of the Alicorn Ruins but everything is built of strange stone, and there isn’t a trace of magic used in the complex.

Almost everything within the Complex is still there as if they where never touched for thousands of years. Currently the archeologists have requested your presence to assist with the findings and to help document this historical find.

Sincerely Prince Shinning Armor

P.S. Sorry for being so formal Twily Princess Twilight

Twilight giggles re reading the letter but her mind quickly wonders back to this new discovery and what it could mean for ponies everywhere. And she gets to see her BBBFF as well as Cadence again.

“Quite trotting in place Twilight” A certain dragon says in sleepy voice causing Twilight to stop moving, not that she was in the first place.

“I wasn’t trotting in place Spike” She says blushing slightly

Spike snorts at her causing a small puff of smoke to leave his nostrils “Of course not Twi, your just prancing in place” he says a little to sarcastic for Twilights likings

“No need to be rude Spike, besides I’m just excited about this discovery”

“Yea, I know, you wouldn’t quite talking about it until we got onto the train” The dragon says sighing deeply at some unknown secret.

“This discovery could change history as we know it Spike!” Twilight swiftly replies defending her reasoning to speak so highly of this subject.

“It’s just a bunch of old ruins Twi” Spike replies simply

“Wha… But… How…. Gaa!” Twilight sputters as she walks to the other side of the Royal Train Car irritated by Spikes lack of interest to the subject and the fact that she can’t really argue with him on it.

Looking out at the grassy landscape outside, she sighs deeply looking away. She suddenly looks back towards the grassy landscape squealing in delight. She had finally reached the border of the Crystal Empire.

“Oh yea, forgot to mention we past the border a few minuets ago” Spike says casually as he sits up in his seat scratching his head with his claw.

“Why didn’t you say something before? I’m not ready!” Twilight yells as she begins rushing around the train car packing everything that wasn’t already packed and re packing the things which where “What if there’s News Ponies?! Like the last time Spike!”

“As if Twilight, you only told your friends and the Princesses about heading up here, there’s no way that the News Ponies will find out” He says with complete confidence as the Train slowly rolls into the Crystal Grand Station, CGS for short.

“Oh no, oh no” Twilight moans as the train rolls to a stop letting out a loud whistle as it release all the steam in its system. “They’ll know as soon as they see our car!” Twilight wails as she finishes her packing triple checking without a second thought.

“Calm down Twilight, I doubt the news ponies are even in the Crystal Empire yet” Spike says dooming Twilight to the horrors of the press.

Taking deep breaths she tries to calm herself before her mane becomes disheveled “Ok Twilight.. Spike is right, there will be no News Ponies, just the Crystal Ponies. And a few researchers and some tourists and the Guards…” Shaking her head she smiles brightly and levitates her things “Come on Spike!”

The baby dragon grabs his bag and wobbles over to Twilight as the Train comes to a smooth stop and her door automatically opens, thanks to a new feature upon modern trains.

Smiling Twilight steps out of the train car and blinded by hundreds of flashes and barraged with hundreds of questions. Glaring at what she hopes is Spike she prepares to teleport, she feels the spell begin to forum and then unleashes it causing both her, a baby dragon and a very surprised news reporter to teleport to the front of the Crystal Palace.

“Princess! What are you doing in the Crystal Empire? Does it involve the find? Or is it some sort of business between Equestria and the Crystal Empire?” The reporter quickly states as he levitates a quill and note book seeming to have recovered rather quickly from the spell. Unlike a certain dragon that was now green in the face.

Twilight looks at the reporter and quickly goes over what she can do to deal with him without causing any sort of rumor to start. She decides the honest route is the best to take.

“At this time, I’m simply here to see family. That will be all gentalcolt” She says in her best Canterlot accent hoping no, praying that it gets the message across.

The reporter looks at her with an unreadable expression before quickly running off to report his findings to whichever news outlit he worked for. Twilight sighed in relief and levitated the still ill dragon onto her back like a blanket and walks towards the Crystal Palace before anything else can happen.

“Sorry about that Spike, I didn’t have time to warn you” She says sincerely to her faithful number one assistant who simply groans in reply prompting Twilight to giggle at his misfortune.

Looking around Twilight notices several important facts, one of which is that the Crystal Palace was now more rounded then jagged and a small wall was built around it with massive entrances. Twilight couldn’t help but wonder why the wall was built but accepted it as she walked towards the entrance not even being noticed by the multiple guards clad in a greenish armor.

Humming to herself Twilight walks up the stairs towards the main level of the palace, she still thought it was silly to have it sit up like that, but she did agree that it looked quite fancy or ‘fabulous’ as Rarity would say.

Spike groans before sitting up “Twi… Warn me next time kay?”

Twilight giggles covering her muzzle with a hoof “Yes Spike”

“Twi, were all these statues here before?” Spike says pointing to a pony statue on the side of the corridor.

Twilight stops and looks towards it, the statue was some earth pony stallion who was wearing thick armor which covered his entire body, there was one blade carved on his back which was with easy reach of the mouth. Twilight guessed this pony was some form of Knight from the early days of the Crystal Empire, but she couldn’t understand why the helm was shaped like a wolves head.

“That’s Strange” She says suddenly “Only the Griffins do this with their helms and Armor, ponies have never been noted to do this” She as if stating a fact to herself

“Maybe the Crystal Ponies are different” Spike says.

“Maybe spike, I guess I’ll just ask Shinning when we see him about it”

Twilight starts trotting down the corridor once again heading toward the throne room where her brother and sister in law should be at this time of day. She just hoped that there wasn’t court going on.

Author's Note:

Again sorry for any Grammer/Spelling Errors having found an Editor yet (Havn't started looking...) Anyways hope you enjoy, and sorry for the Short Chapter, once things pick up I'll try to have larger chapters with more detail.

So, please enjoy and comment!

EDIT! Fixed a bunch of Grammar/Spelling Errors and reformatted it. Hope it looks better