• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 1,242 Views, 26 Comments

Inheritance - Azuras



Twilight Sparkle, a bearer of the Elements of Harmony, the Newest Princess of Equestria, the Hero of Equestria and the seeker for Truth. She will search the World for the Answers of a forgotten Race and uncover the truth meant to be forgotten

  • ...
5
 26
 1,242

Chapter 11

“Hello?” The Mimic asks tilting it's head as no pony responds, still staring at Twilight blinking it's soiled blue eyes.

“Princess. Stay back. We don't know what it wants” Shield whispers.

“It's saying hello” Twilight whispers back.

“And it may hurt somepony” Shield replies still whispering.

“What if it just wants to talk?” Twilight whispers back growing irritated with Shields over cautiousness.

“What if it doesn't” Shield states flatly still whispering.

“Well. Hello” Tombs suddenly says looking at the Mimic causing it to turn it's head towards him.

“Hello” It states happily before slowly walking towards the ‘Computer’ it then gets on to its bind hooves testing it's front hooves on the pad as it begins to use the different keys. It looks over its shoulder and smiles at the group locking eyes with Twilight before pressing a single key.

Suddenly a screen appears behind it blocking Twilight's and the others view of it. The screen darkens before showing the group from an above angle entering the chamber. The images change showing different aspects of there trip through the facility. From them discovering the weapons, finding the recording, looking in the crates and even now. Showing them looking at the screen.

“It's bee watching us the entire time” Tombs states stepping back shocked.

The screen vanishes again and the Mimic stands where the screen once was nodding at Tombs. “Yes” it states happily.

“I'm going to talk to it” Twilight whispers to Shield before stepping forward. The Mimic watches her every movement as it smiles.

“Hello, I am Twilight Sparkle” Twilight says pleasantly to the Mimic.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle” It says nodding it's head in greeting the smile still present.

“Who are you?” Twilight asks.

“I am” It says before speaking a strange language. “Or, Hope” It finishes with its smile.

Twilight's eyes widen in realization. “You come from the ‘Computer’?” She asks.

“Yes” Hope says nodding.

“What are you?” Twilight asks after a pause.

“I am Hope. I am the torch to guide the next through the darkness” Hope replies as Silent begins taking frantic notes.

“Who is the next?” Twilight asks slowly.

“Whoever activities me. You are the next” Hope says brightly.

“What. What does that mean?” Twilight asks surprised by the statement.

“It means I will guide you, teach you and watch over you” Hope begins. “I'll show you how to use all of the things here in order to rebuild” Hope states.

Tombs rushes over to Twilight and Shield “Twilight, this is the opportunity we've been waiting for! First contact! And with something that can teach us!” Tombs says whispering excitedly.

“I know! Isn't it wonderful?!” Twilight replies giddily.

“We need to understand more about” He pauses. “Hope before we do anything else” Tombs states.

“Agreed, however I feel we-” Twilight begins before being cut off.

“I wouldn’t do that Lieutenant” Hope says it's cheerful tone gone as the sound of gears come from all over the chamber. As Twilight looks around she notices dozens of metal plates sliding open to have thick posts with some sort of ‘gun’ mounted inside them rise. All pointing at Shield who's standing next to one of the posts with a dome on top.

“Your dangerous. This proves it” Shield says bluntly glaring at Hope.

“I am dangerous. So are you” Hope replies neutrally.

Twilight steps forward looking at both Shield and Hope. “Everypony calm down. There's no need for this” Twilight states trying to defuse the situation.

“I am Calm” Both Shield and Hope state at the same time.

“This, Machine. Device. Whatever you want to call it Princess. Is dangerous!” Shield states pointing at Hope as multiple red dots appear on her chest and head. “We don't know what we are dealing with! We can't trust it!” She shouts firmly.

“Lieutenant. You need to calm down” Sergeant Knight says stepping towards Shield.

“I am calm! I however will not risk the lives of hundreds of thousands to this device!” Shield shouts.

“Lieutenant I order you to stand down!” Twilight shouts forcefully her voice echoing throughout the chamber. Shield looks at Twilight in shock before bowing her head and walking towards her.

“I am sorry Princess” She says with a whisper as the sound of rotating gears return the dozens of weapons vanishing

“We'll talk about it later” Twilight says kindly before giving Hope an apologetic smile. Hope has their head tilted to the side slightly as if confused. “I'm sorry about that Hope” Twilight apologizes.

Hope returns to looking at Twilight normally before nodding. “It's understandable. I'm different then anything you have seen so it would be reasonable for you to assume I am dangerous” Hope says pleasantly.

“Yes. Now if you don't mind I have a few questions” Twilight says as Hope nods as if stating to go on. “How can you understand and speak our language?”

“Simple. You speak an ancient dialect of Latin. One which hasn't been recorded but still similar enough to Latin and other languages for me to process. As well as the multiple recordings of your conversation I was able to accurately predict how to understand and speak your language” Hope says smiling.

“Alright, that makes some sense” Twilight begins. “Why do you look like, well me?” Twilight asks.

“Because. You were the first to touch my form” Hope begins. “Would you like me to change?” Hope asks.

“You can do that?” Twilight asks, two which Hope nods. “Alright can you?”

Hope nods again before closing their eyes. Slowly Hope’s form shifts as their body grows slightly larger, yet slimmer. Hope’s horn lengthens and slims, then Hope’s wings lengthen and grow. Finally their mane and tail grow out longer, the mane braiding off to one end.

With the transformation finished Hope appears to be the size of Cadence but having a more streamlined body with larger wings then even Celestia. However Hope remains looking feminine.

“Well. That's different” Twilight says slowly “Any reason for that form?”

“I chose this form as it appears that a pony having both wings and horns is seen as one with power and knowledge making me easily identifiable. My wings are larger than yours to insure I have full flight capabilities once I begin construction of an android. And finally I choose a feminine form for my personality is most easily defined as female” Hope explains, her voice different as well now being sweeter with some form of light accent. “Is this form unacceptable Princess Twilight?”

Taken aback by the formality Twilight shakes her head. “No it's just strange. And it's amazing how defined your form is. You made it perfectly from a biological standpoint. Other than the large wings” Twilight explains

“So, none of your kind fly?” Hope asks confused.

“No. We can fly” Twilight states.

Hope seems to look at her in complete disbelief. “This is biologically impossible. For your mass to wing ratio you would need a wingspan of at least ten meters in order to fly. Your wing span is too small to compensate your weight”

Twilight looks towards Tombs shocked by the statement and unsure what to say. He returns her look just as confused before looking at Hope. He seems to want to say something but shakes his head before speaking.

“Do you know what Magic is?” Tombs asks pleasantly.

Hope tilts her head then nods. “Yes. However I do not see how tricks and illusions play a part in this conversation” She states.

Tombs leans towards Twilight and whispers. “I believe she doesn't know what Magic is”

Twilight nods. “I'll explain it. However it's fascinating that she wouldn’t know. You'd think a race advance enough to. Do this would know of Magical theory” Twilight whispers back.

“Well Hope. It's because Magic is major part of our world. Everything is connected to it in some way. And it's thanks to Magic that Alicorns, Pegasi and Gryphons can fly without a massive wingspan” Twilight explains slowly.

Hope raises a hoof as if to say stop before speaking. “Magic is tricks and illusions. Not governing laws of the universe”

“Then how would you explain this?” Twilight asks as she levitates Tombs hat from his head earning a frown from the Stallion.

“Your species has evolved telekinesis. Telekinesis has been documented before and is not magic. Simply something we do not understand fully” Hope states sounding almost bored.

Twilight levitates Tombs hat back onto his head giving an apologetic smile. “Alright. That may be the case however how do you-” Twilight begins before Tombs coughs into a hoof cutting Twilight off.

“I think we are going about this the wrong way” He begins as he looks at Hope. “For most cultures call things like tricks, illusions and things they don't understand as magic. However us ponies call, our abilities ad Magic. But there's also the more technical term. The Arcane” Tombs finishes smiling.

Hope seems to think as Twilight smiles and nods enthusiastically. “That's it! You Hope wouldn’t know the difference in meaning. Magic to us, or as Tombs said, The Arcane is a Science”

Hope nods slowly. “You're ‘Arcane’ allows you to affect the world?” Hope asks.

“Yes, It allows ponies and the few who understand it to affect and change the world. Most ponies have passive Arcane abilities. Such as us being able to use our hooves to hold things and flying with our wings” Twilight explains smiling brightly as Hope seems to process the information.

After a moment of silence Hope speaks “I have little information on what you speak of. The information I do have is myths and legends”

“Well. If you want I can get you some books on it to help you understand” Twilight says with a smile. A hoof suddenly presses on her shoulder, she looks over seeing Tombs with a worried look.

“I don't think that's wise” Tombs says in a low whisper.

“I must agree. We still don't known if it's dangerous” Shield quietly from behind Twilight.

“That would be appreciated” Hope speaks up her smile back.

“It'll be the basics. I'm not going to teach her everything” Twilight says quietly with a rolls of her eyes before looking at Hope again. “Alright Tomorrow I'll come with some books for you and assuming you cannot read Equish I'll bring some other books as well” Twilight says before pausing. “And if you don't mind it'll be nice if you could teach us your language. And how to use the ‘Computers’ or more or less everything here” Twilight finishes with a smile.

“That's Acceptable” Hope says with a nod “Shall we begin now?”

Taken aback once again by Hope she glances to Tombs who's eagerly smiling, before looking at Shield who seems indifferent to the idea. “I suppose” Twilight says as she returns her gaze to Hope.

Hope simply nods “I'll begin work on lesson plans for the language. But until that is ready. I can share whatever information you require besides usage of military equipment, military information and my systems” Hope states as she sits down appearing relaxed.

Twilight glances at Tombs who seems eager to learn, she can't help but to sympathize. “You can go first Tombs” Twilight says with a smile causing the professor to do a hoof pump and approaching Hope.

He seems to clear his head by doing a small shake before looking at Hope. “What are you exactly. I've never seen anything like you in my life” Tombs asks as Silent prepares to take notes, Twilight doing much the same.

Before a slight pause Hope speaks. “I am a third generation Artificial Intelligence system, designated as Hope”

Tombs nods slowly. “What is an Artificial intelligence system?”

Hopes smile fades slightly. “An artificial intelligence or A.I is an advance program capable of independent thought” Hope explains.

“What's a program?” Tombs asks.

“A program is a series of code or actions that perform specific tasks” Hope explains frowning slightly.

“Alright. What are you. Made of?” Tombs asks pleasantly.

“Currently I am a holographic display” Hope begins holding up a hoof to silence Tombs. “A holographic display is a three dimensional image which is projected and not connected to a screen. A screen is the glass like material near the keyboards. Or keypads as you refer to them”

“What was that teardrop shapes flying thing that came out of the floor?” Tombs asks.

“That was a basic recon drone that I used to collect data before activating my primary functions. And before you ask. A drone is a form of machine which has been programed to follow specific tasks” Hope explains almost bored now.

“Is an ‘Assault Bot’ a type of drone?” Tombs asks causing Hope to appear slightly surprised.

“Yes and no. I guess I need to restate what a drone is. A Drone is a small machine generally assigned simple tasks and is normally controled. An assault bot is like a drone but falls under a different category. Specifically of medium robotics, which are larger machines assigned more advance tasks and generally have a limited A.I to allow them limited thought” Hope explains.

“That's interesting” He says slowly. “So there are multiple types of drones and bots?” Tombs asks.

Hope nods. “Yes, they have applications from everyday chores to medical to construction and of course war”

“Very interesting” He nods “How do they work?” Tombs asks causing Hope to sigh.

“It'll take weeks just to explain the basics of robotics” Hope replies.

“The simple version?” Tombs asks with a smile.

Hope sighs. “They are powered by electricity, which allows the multiple parts to move and powers there computer” Hope explains.

“And what's a computer?” Tombs asks pleasantly.

“A computer is a device which allows multiple functions. The primary is to store, sort, apply and use information” Hope replies.

Tombs nods. “Well. I want to ask more but I think the Princess wants a turn” He days stepping back.

Twilight smiles at him before stepping forward. “You said you are a third generation AI. What does that mean exactly?” Twilight asks with a smile.

Hope smiles slightly. “It means I'm capable of full independent thought and I'm sentient” Hope explains.

“And the others?” Twilight inquiries.

“First generation are the AI’s in the bots and drones and other common devices. While second generation was a failed project” Hope says.

“A failed project?” Twilight asks.

“Yes. It didn't work as intended so was scrapped and never applied” Hope states.

“How was it a failure?” Twilight asks curiously as she continues to jot down notes.

“I'm unsure. The information is not in my data bank's. I can only assume it wasn't worth including” Hope explains.

“Alright that makes sense I guess. So, you're a thinking machine?” Twilight inquires smiling, causing Hope to frown.

“That would be correct” Hope states clearly not liking this kind of question.

Noticing Twilight smiles apologetically “I'm sorry if that question upset you” Twilight begins. “But if you don't mind. Who created you?” Twilight asks.

“I'm unsure. I have no information regarding my creation” Hope answers swiftly. Before looking over her shoulder and frowning at something in the distance. “I must prepare now. I will communicate at another time. Until then do not remove any weapons or advance components. You may however remove building supplies, food and medical supplies” Hope states before vanishing. The humming sound however remains unchanging.

After several moments of silence Tombs speaks up. “What a strange mare” He states bluntly.

“Well. From what I understand she's never spoken to anypony before. So she's probably just awkward around us” Twilight says with a small chuckle.

“Perhaps” He says somberly nodding his head “But! Now we have information from the source! I can barley contain myself!” Tombs says excitedly once more his good cheer returning in force.

Twilight giggles into her hoof at his antics before collecting herself. “Well. We've probably been down here a few hours now. Why don't we set up lunch before continuing our search?” Twilight asks pleasantly.

“That's sounds like a wonderful Idea” Tombs states grinning.

“But not proper” Seeker states coldly looking at Tombs.

“And why ever not?” Tombs asks playfully earning at glare from Seeker.

“Because we've been here for over eight hours” Seeker says before gathering her things into her saddlebags. “And I for one would like to go over the data along with Silent” Seeker states before walking off, Silent in tow.

“Well. She always manages to brighten my day” Tombs chuckles before sitting down and sighing as if content. After a few moments of silence he opens a single eye to look at Shield. “So. Lieutenant. Why did you threaten Hope?”

Twilight glances at Shield seeing her stoic expression to break for a moment before she maintains it and glares at Tombs. “Because that machine is dangerous. It's no better then a golem, a shell with limited thought. But rather than limited it has free will. Nothing to monitor or control it. It's dangerous” Shield states firmly.

“Now isn't that a large jump to make? Sure she's a machine. But she clearly has feelings, a personality. Heck. If she was made of flesh she'd be considered alive” Tombs begins with a smile. “And I've met a fair few ponies that are considered alive yet don't have a glimpse of emotion or personality” He finishes with a small smile.

“Perhaps. Or like the more advance golem and automatons she was given those traits to appear more alive. We saw how quickly she reacted. She was ready to kill without any remorse” Shield says her tone becoming cold.

“And so where you” Tombs states simply as he stands and shrugs. “Now. I'd love to chat Twilight. But I best go and find Blade before he does something idiotic and upsets Hope” Tombs says before trotting deeper into the chamber ignoring the glare that Shield was giving him.

Twilight sighs and hangs her head. “Come on Shield. Let's go back to the palace since looking for anything will be pointless at this point” Twilight says before straightening and walking back towards the entrance in relative silence.


About halfway down the long pathway Arrow and Taffy rejoin the group and gave a hush report to Shield as they continued down the pathway. After some time they climb out of the stairway and into the main room finding that things for the most part haven't changed.

Twilight smiles at one of the guards before heading towards the main entrance knowing that the Guards rarely get any acknowledgment Twilight notices that there's far less guards then before. Still a few dozen but no longer as if the place was a barracks. Twilight smiles and walks towards the large wooden doors being guarded by four solar guards.

As Twilight approaches they wordlessly open the doors and she walks out into the late afternoon of the Crystal City. The sun shines down upon the city lifting her mood, and the fresh air of the city clears her lungs after being underground for so long. Twilight takes in a deep breath smiling. “I want to see the out district of the City” Twilight states looking at Shield still smiling.

“As you wish Princess” Shield states calmly as she moves to walk next to Twilight the other guards taking lose position around her. Close enough that they can help in case something occurs but far enough away that Twilight has he room and ponies can approach her.

Twilight begins to head towards the outer district otherwise known as the industrial district, due to the large amount of industry in the area. As Twilight walks she recounts what she knows of the area, it's where the largest mines of the Empire's Capital are, as well as where the majority of the Empire's goods are processed and manufactured. Twilight looks over to Shield and gives her a reassuring smile, to which Shield simply nods.

After some time the group walks through an old, barley maintained gate house. Only two guards stood at the gate, each relaxing until they caught sight of Twilight, they each quickly became stoic and puffed out there chests to look intimidating. Shield gave each guard a glare as they walked by, causing Twilight to roll her eyes. But as Twilight looked forward once more she almost stumbles seeing the state of the area.

Rather than elegant crystals and stone that the majority of the city is made up of, these buildings are made off simple stones and dark woods. Everything is in states of despair looking as if they've only been touched up from time to time. The few ponies she sees do not shine and avoid looking towards Twilight. It reminds Twilight of when she and her friends first came to the Empire.

Slowly Twilight moves forward her good cheer gone from the state of her ponies lives. “Why are these ponies living in such horrid conditions” Twilight asks herself quietly.

“I wouldn’t know Princess” Shield answers swiftly as she becomes more diligent then before.

Twilight looks towards one of homes, a determined expression upon her face. She makes her way over, purpose in her movement, her escorts following. Twilight then knocks on the door three times and takes a step back.

The light clip clop and shout of a filly saying “I got it!” is heard before the door opens showing a unicorn filly no older then the crusaders, staring in awe at Twilight. She has a deep purple coat much like an amethyst and a two toned grey and purple mane. However, her horn rather then being straight is slightly curved much like Sombra’s and her coat isn't shining.

“What did I tell you Amethyst about opening doors without mom-” A crystal pony mare with a light blue cost and a two tones blue and navy blue mane, begins as she walks into view before looking at Twilight in fear. She immediately gets into a bow causing Twilight to look at her in shock.

“It's an angle mommy! Just like in the stories!” The filly says happily as she rushes over to her mother to make her look at Twilight. “Look Mommy!” She states confusing Twilight even more.

“Um. You don't need to bow miss…” Twilight begins slowly, the mare swiftly standing and pulling her daughter behind her as she whispers something causing the filly to quite down. “I just wanted to ask some questions is all. No need for the formalities” Twilight says with a smile.

The mare nods her head. “Ask them then leave my family and I alone. Princess” The mare says confidentiality but with fear in her voice.

Pausing Twilight glances at Shield who remains still watching the mare. “Well. I would like to know for starters, what your name is” Twilight says with smile.

“I'm Violet Stone” The mare says as she keeps her daughter back with a hoof.

“Well, miss Stone. I wanted to come and see the outer district today. And when I came here I saw the state of things and I'm curious as to why” Twilight states.

Violet looks conflicted for a moment before speaking. “I'm just a factory worker. I don't know about any of that”

Twilight nods slowly not convinced but doesn't press. “How is your life style? Are you treated well?” Twilight asks.

Violet swiftly nods her head. “Oh yes. The overseers are kind and insure that me and my daughter are will fed and have everything we can ever want” She says almost as if from a script.

“I see” Twilight begins nodding her head “And which factory do you work in?”

“I work at the Twin Blade factory” Violet states quickly. “Now if you excuse me your Highness I need to finish dinner” She states walking towards the door as if to close it.

“Alright. Have a good day miss Stone” Twilight says pleasantly before turning and walking back the way she came a frown on her face. The door slams shut and locks behind her.

Twilight looks towards Shield, who's expression hasn't changed. “I think her ‘Overseer’ and the Nobles in charge of this district have been lying Shining and Cadence about the workers” Twilight says quietly.

“I believe you are correct. And what do you plan on doing about it?” Shield asks neutrally.

“I don't know yet” Twilight says slowly as the group makes there way to the Palace in silence.


Twilight enters the throne room followed by her escorts. Shining is sitting on the throne with a sour expression as he speaks to a guard in the Imperial Armor. The guard nods there head and trots out through a side door before Shining notices Twilight. He gives her a smile, but Twilight can easily tell that it's forced.

“How has your day been Twi?” Shining asks trying to appear relaxed.

“Well. I've learned some new ground breaking things that I want to tell you all about” Twilight begins enthusiastically before becoming calm once more taking a deep breath. “But, I believe you and I need to talk about a few things. Mainly about the difference between a Southern and Northern Crystal pony. The fact that there's a crystal unicorn with a curved horn. And lastly that the outer district is more or less a slum” Twilight finishes, her voice echoing in the quite throne room.

Shining sighs deeply his forced smile vanishing. “Well. I was hoping for a nice talk about my little sister's adventure but I may was well tell you what's going on. Then maybe you can convince the Princesses that I need military support” He begins sounding exhausted. “First and far most. There's a total of three cities in the Empire including the capital, as well as several towns and multiple small villages. All of these vanished when Sombra activated some sort of massive spell. And unfortunately for us, Sombra instated multiple laws that heavily restricted noble titles and there duties. With the Empire becoming a part of Equestria, these nobles regained there power” He pauses and shakes his head before looking at Twilight and continuing. “Now, they are trying to over throw Cadence and I, and worst of all. They are being lead by Cadence’s Ancestor. Meaning he has a very strong claim to the Empire. So, that's what's going on. The Nobles are going to revolt, and they still retain their forces from over a thousand years ago. Hence why I need the Equestrian army” Shining finishes.

Twilight looks at Shining taking in all the information. “Your saying. That there's an uprising against you and Cadence. And you didn't tell me?” Twilight asks slowly her tone devoid of emotion.

“Princess Celestia asked me to not inform you unless necessary. After the incidents of today. I figured it was time to tell you” Shining says with a heavy sigh. “I'm sorry for not telling you Twilight. But at the time I figured it would blow over. Now I'm worried about an armed conflict”

Twilight nods her head in understanding, violence amongst ponies is rare and whenever a the Nobles of Equestria tried a take over they were always put down peacefully. “I understand Shining” Twilight finally says. “But that doesn't answer my other concerns” Twilight states.

Shining smiles slightly before replying. “I've been trying to help the ponies in the outer district. But they are to afraid to tell anypony how there being treated. I've done all in my power to help them. But the Nobles have them more scared them Sombra” He pauses taking a breath and rubbing his head. “And in regards to the south and north crystal ponies. There's not a lot of info about it. Only that there where two kingdoms which merged into one. The south and the North. Other then that there's nothing that I know” Shining finishes.

Twilight frowns as she nods her head at the explanation. “That makes some sense. It explains why it's called an Empire. But I don't understand why you can't just arrest the Nobles. You and Cadence are the rulers of the Empire” Twilight states.

Shining sighs. “Look at it this way. In the court of law, you need evidence in order to punish a pony. In this case I need evidence in order to arrest them. Otherwise others can use it as an excuse to prove that myself or Cadence are tyrants” Shining explains as he sighs and stands. “Anyways. I've been dealing with these ponies all day. If you can even call them that. Griffins are easier to deal with then these ponies. Now let's go for dinner and you can tell me and Spike about your day” He finishes with a small smile.

Twilight nods her head and gives a smile of her own. “Alright BBBFF” Twilight says with a small giggle before following him to the royal dining hall.

As Twilight enters she notices that Spike is sitting at the table snacking on a bowl of granites. There's two crystal guards in the room standing at attention unmoving.

Behind Twilight Shield and her other escorts stop. “You four are dismissed. You've had a long shift. Go and get some food and rest” Shield states calmly the other escorts heading off without a word before Shield follows Twilight into the room.

Shining site at the head of the table, Spike to his right and a seat over. Twilight sits between them, removing her saddlebags and gives Spike and affectionate nuzzle causing the small dragon to groan in protest. “Twilight! Stop!” Spike shouts in distress as Shining chuckles.

“I have to give my number one assistant some love after he was away all day don't I?” Twilight asks giggling at Spike

“Not really” Spike grumbles folding his arms and huffing.

“Oh don't be like that” Twilight says with a roll of her eyes. As Spike settles, returning to his snack. Twilight looks at Shield as she stands near the wall much like the other to guards. She frowns slightly before speaking. “Why don't you join us Shield? You've had a fairly rough day”

Shield looks at Twilight then glances at Shining, the wordless exchange happens faster then Twilight can look and Shield sighs. “Very well Princess” She states before walking around the table and sitting opposite to Twilight.

Twilight sighs at the formality but gives Shield a smile regardless. Before turning to Shining to tell him the events of the day. “So, first thing first. There was an issue on the way to the Cathedral. Some kind of protest, Shield lead me out of harms way and then I got to meet a few new members of the crew. The Stroke Family black Smiths and Gem Cutter. Then Shield and I headed to the structures-” Twilight begins before being cut off by Spike.

“What kind of protest?” He asks interrupting.

Turning to face Spike, Twilight gives a small smile. “I'm unsure but there where a large amount of ponies there and Shield wanted to make sure that I was safe. So she lead me to a different entrance” Twilight explains.

“Oh ok” Spike says as he returns to his bowl of granites.

“At the Structures I meet the esteemed Professor Broken Blade” Twilight says with a huff trying to be sarcastic. “Who was trying to take over Professor Tombs operation. I had to step in to resolve that issue, after that I spoke to Lyra about some things, mainly if she knew any legends about this race. She unfortunately didn't have much information other then names for gods and demons alike. So with that we went into the main chamber. And it was amazing. We quickly found that it was some sort of storage facility filled with crates higher then the light would shine. And when I opened one it was filled with boxes, and inside the boxes where packages and in those more packages and inside those square pieces of bread which looked worst then the bread you had me eat from your guard rations” Twilight says with small laugh.

“I actually brought a piece. I'll be testing it later to find out what kind of grain it's made of” Twilight begins as she pulls out the packaged bread from her saddlebags. “It seems to be stale. But after being locked away for so long I can understand why” Twilight chuckles. “Also, we learned that these creatures are omnivores. Judging that we found both vegetables and meat”

“Omnivores eat meat and fruits and vegetables right?” Spike asks.

Looking at Spike, Twilight nods and smiles. “Your correct Spike, it also means that they have both teeth for shredding and crushing. To help them eat” Twilight explains giving Spike a small pat with her wing. “Anyways from there we moved on and reached a crossroads. The group split up, so Tombs and I where together with my Escort. We continued down the same path and found that these crates where filled with building supplies. Easily enough to build a large town. But shortly after that we found something both terrifying and amazing. At first we thought it was a suit of armor. Since it was massive, made of metal and clearly bipedal. It was also heavily damaged, one arm was gone, a massive hole in its chest and multiple little holes. It was thanks to the massive hole that we found that it wasn't armor. Instead some sort of golem” Twilight smiles. “I named it ‘Unmared Armor’ since no one wore it” Twilight finishes chuckling.

“A golem made of armor?” Shining asks.

“Yup. Strange isn't it?” Twilight replies earning a nod from Shining.

“Very considering that golems are hard to make. And harder to maintain” Shining states.

“Well its like a golem. But it runs on electricity and a ‘Computer’ which I'll get to later” Twilight quickly explains earning a raised eyebrow from Shining.

“It runs on lightning?” Spike asks confused.

“I'm unsure, but that's what we think. How this race did that we don't know” Twilight begins with a smile. “It also had a strange weapon on one side. Much like the black clubs that shot metal. But far bigger, and it was called as cannon. A strange cannon though” Twilight states with a sigh. “And yet judging from the damage it was effective. Anyways after that we found two amazing things. A ‘Camera’ which could record moving images and a strange device that I'll get to later. This ‘Camera’ had a recording of several of these creatures, showing there lives. We learned so much yet every answer granted even more questions. There world was frozen, there weapons where called guns, there carriages moved on there own and they lived underground. They faced monsters in the wilderness and some sort of plague ended there world. And yet. They lived like ponies, or any other race. They had families, friends, enjoyed jokes and lived” Twilight says before growing silent.

“They also told us a fair bit about how there technology worked. Mostly through display, everything they have is made for hands, which has me believing that they where the only race back then. And lastly. We believe that the structures have been there much longer then ten thousand years. We believe that the original timer may be close to correct” Twilight trails off for a moment as several waiters come in with there dinner. Some sort of tomato soup. “But then, we found something amazing and beyond our wildest dreams. A free thinking Golem. Or an A.I as she called herself” Twilight says with a smile.

“Hold up. This is a lot for your big brother to take in. Your saying that these creatures made a golem. That can think like a Pony?” Shining asks clearly confused.

Twilight nods. “It's not really a golem. It's something else. But that's the easiest way to explain it. And I'm fairly certain that it could be a pony if it had a body. It thinks and has emotions. It also spoke our language, from the moment we entered the facility it was watching us. And when Gem accidentally turned the strange device on. It was able to speak to us. It first made a form of light that was an exact copy of me. Then it changed at will. The technology or magic used to make it is amazing. And it's. Sorry she us willing to teach us how to understand all of it. Calling us the next and how she has to guide us” Twilight explains as she begins to eat her soup.

After finishing a few mouth fulls she continues. “I believe that whoever made her, put her there to insure that when there people leave the underground she can teach them and guide them” Twilight smiles sadly. “But I don't think that happened....” She trails off as she looks up suddenly. “There's more of these structures. And if there was two. There could be three, or four or a dozen!” She looks at Shining beaming. “There could be more of these creatures, and so much more knowledge! Thanks for the meal but I need to go” Twilight quickly says before teleporting to her room.

She rushes over to her desk and begins to write down all the information she has, as well and beginning a list of all the things she needs answered, working late into the night.

Author's Note:

Another Chapter! Huzah!