• Published 14th Oct 2014
  • 613 Views, 71 Comments

Harmonic Light - BloodHive1998



With the help of her Soul Twin, Spectrum Light must defeat an ancient enemy from her past

  • ...
27
 71
 613

Twins at Heart

Light examined herself in a mirror within the Castle of Harmony. Her golden coat no longer shined; her eyes were a natural blue; her mane and tail were no longer flowing, but still looked like longer versions of Rainbow Dash's; and her eyes weren't glowing. She looked like a normal pony with a golden coat and rainbow mane.
"Goodbye Light, make sure to come back often." Light's mother, Harmony, said from her throne room.
"I will." with that, Light jumped through the castle entrance.
Light, going by her common alias, Spectrum Light, started into the Everfree Forest once she was out of the castle. The creatures of the forest left her alone as they recognized her as one of the ponies responsible for their home. Spectrum hummed an odd tune as she walked, any Pegasus that had studied their history would recognize it as an ancient war tune hummed while flying in formation long before the union of the tribes. Spectrum looked around the forest as she walked. The trees were taller and more menacing, the unnatural darkness was far stronger than when she had last seen the forest just hours before the battle that ended in her most recent sacrifice, all-in-all it was the perfect cover for the castle. After-all, who in their right mind would look for a tree glowing with pure harmony within a forest of darkness.

Spectrum soon entered Ponyville, where she was greeted by non-other than the crazed Element of Laughter herself. Pinkie Pie literally popped out of nowhere and started ranting about how she needed to give Spectrum a party before popping out of existence and leaving Spectrum stunned.
She's so much like Laughter, breaking reality like that. Spectrum thought as she shook her head and flew off to the only cloud house in the area.
Rainbow's cloud house reminded Spectrum greatly of Cloudsdale on a smaller scale. This was something that made Spectrum happy, she always preferred cloud houses (though that was likely caused by the three years she and her siblings spent undercover to gain information on the current Element of Darkness' whereabouts, which had been shortly before the union of the tribes.)
Spectrum landed quietly at the front door and knocked.
"I'm coming!" a mare's voice yelled from the other side and a few moments later, Rainbow Dash opened the door, "This better be important, it's my day off." Dash looked up after that, noticed Spectrum, and shot through the roof in shock.
Spectrum looked up at the, now hovering, Pegasus. "Usually, when ponies see me, they either run in fear or try attacking because of my mane." Spectrum said casually as she ran a hoof through her mane.
"But... mom said I was the only pony with a rainbow mane in all of Cloudsdale." Rainbow Dash landed.
"In all of Cloudsdale, but I'm not from Cloudsdale... Well, I wasn't raised in Cloudsdale, I was born there, but we were just visiting and left shortly after."
"Wait... your the foal mom saw the day I was born."
"Yea, sorry it took so long. My sisters and my mom are very busy mares and never really had time to bring us together to talk."

Rainbow nodded and motioned for Spectrum to follow her in, where they soon were siting down at the kitchen table, each with a glass of water.
"Mom never gave me your name."
"Oh. I'm Spectrum Light."
"Nice! I'm Rai-" Spectrum cut Rainbow Dash off then.
"Rainbow Dash, I know. It's hard not to know the only pony in seven hundred years who has performed a Sonic Rainboom."
"You've heard of me." Rainbow was suddenly right in-front of her.
"Rainbow Dash, you're an Element of Harmony, best-friends with four princesses, the only pony in centuries to perform the Sonic Rainboom, a Pegasus with a mane and tail color that hasn't been seen before, the daughter of one of the fastest Pegasi in history, and the current holder of most of the Wonderbolts academy records. It's next to impossible for anypony not to have heard of you at some point in their life." Light smiled after that and her wings ignited in rainbow colored Unicorn magic, her glass of water was encased in the same magic as she levitated the glass to her and began drinking. Naturally, Rainbow was shocked at the sight of a Pegasus using magic.
"Are you performing magic?!" Rainbow asked in shock.
"Any Pegasus who's good with active Pegasus Magic can do it." Spectrum said.
"Active Pegasus Magic?"
"Pegasus Magic is centered around the air, similar to how Terra (Earth Pony) Magic is centered around the ground. It's in two forms, active and passive. Passive Pegasus Magic is what allows Pegasi to fly, stand on and move clouds, and generally manipulate the weather. Long ago, before the tribes came together, Pegasi were taught how to use active Air (Pegasus) Magic, this was stopped by the Unicorns when the tribes first came together and has since lost popularity among Pegasi. Active Pegasus Magic is, like most magics, unlimited in color, but limited in form. Active Pegasus Magic, which is commonly referred to by its general name of Air Magic, takes the form of visible air currents flowing around the focus point (the point where the pony using magic channels it) like this." After setting her drink down, Spectrum changed to Air Magic, the rainbow colored air currents flowing calmly around her wings, "Learning Air Magic is as hard as Unicorns learning their magic. It takes a lot of practice, but when you can do it while flying at high speeds and being chased by your enemies, then you can begin learning other magics."
"So what does active Pegasus Magic do?"
"Air Magic allows for control over different aspects of weather. It allows the formation of Magic Clouds under the full control of their creator, the forming of powerful tornados, the altering of the temperature in a limited radius (Which can be increased through training), and the increase in ones natural speed (this would also increase the power of your Sonic Rainboom). Unfortunately, one can't use it to control the weather entirely, that still requires the current tactics."
"That... is... awesome!!!" for the second time that day, Rainbow shot through her own roof.

Spectrum shrugged and started looking around the house.
The kitchen she was in had cloud walls with the tables, chairs, shelves, and appliances being made of an odd blue crystal (Cloud Quarts, which was the only known crystal able to be on clouds without assistance). posters for the Wonderbolts hung all over the walls, mixing with posters of Daring Do. The rainbow streams flowed in and out of careful veins that allowed them to flow in the floor and walls. In short, the place was stunning.
"Hey Spectrum, where'd you go?" Rainbow asked from another room, Spectrum calmly followed the voice until she was in a clear room with Rainbow in the center.
"You're ready to learn Air Magic I take it." Spectrum said, to which Rainbow nodded.

Author's Note:

I'm having some small writers block so sorry I ended up returning to my old habit of using large amounts of conversation.

hope you enjoy.

don't forget to comment about why you liked/disliked this story.