• Published 14th Oct 2014
  • 616 Views, 71 Comments

Harmonic Light - BloodHive1998



With the help of her Soul Twin, Spectrum Light must defeat an ancient enemy from her past

  • ...
27
 71
 616

Prologue: Sacrifice

four-hundred years before Nightmare Moon's return
Alicorn and Harmony Magic clashed in the center of the barren wasteland that served as a battle field. Light shielded herself from the explosion that the two magics caused. An Alicorn with black coat, electrically charged yellow mane, and blood red eyes was across from her, wearing the Element of Darkness, the only difference was the shape of the gem in its center, though that was to be expected. Nova Star growled as she dropped the shield that she had raised to protect from the blast.
"It'll take more than that!" she yelled.
Light just playfully stuck her tongue out. over the centuries, she had become extremely reckless and rather playful, even in battle. Rainbow colored magic, in the form of visible swirling winds (active Pegasus Magic), lit up around her wings as rainbow colored clouds formed above her and began striking with rainbow colored lightning. Caught off guard at the sight of magic rarely even practiced anymore, Nova was struck with the bolts and sent soaring into a nearby hill. She growled as she flew out of the hill and began charging a Black Magic spell in her horn. Nova soon fired off her spell, which was a group of eight sharp black crystals.
Light dodged to the left and the magic around her wings changed to what looked like Unicorn magic, only with a calm air to it (Harmony Magic). Several spears of harmonic energy formed around her as a sword of the same energy formed in her mouth. Nova followed this example with some Black Magic spears and swords.
The two came at each other after that, clashing in the center, where Light avoided physical contact with the Black Magic swords. Light giggled like a filly as she saw the struggle of her enemy.
"What's wrong Novy, you look strained?" she asked with another giggle.
Nova growled as she put more force into her spell. Light decided that she had been playing around, and been so close to Black Magic, for too long (Twelve hours too long) and forced Nova off her. The Harmony spirit then put extreme force into a Pegasus spell, the Pegasus Magic igniting around her wings, as she caused a hurricane (something any trained Pegasus could do) and sent it at Nova. The Element of Darkness was barely able to dodge in time. Nova countered with a blast of pure Alicorn Magic, which hit and sent Light flying into the ground.

As the smoke from the blast cleared, Light floated into the air, she had several deep gashes and the membrane of one of her bat wings (As her last bearer, though rare as it was for her to have a bearer, had been a bat pony with a lunar eclipse cutie mark) was torn badly. It was clear from her heavy breathing that she wouldn't be able to handle a lot of her own power. Light closed her eyes as she repeated what she had done in her first battle, but this time, she let loose the tendrils of darkness around her soul, which quickly began thrashing around. Light's mane and tail became pure Harmony Magic that flowed erratically; Her iris and pupils became pools of rainbow energy; Harmony Magic around her wings became so dense that her wings weren't visible; a copy of her last Element necklace formed around her neck, then tinged black; black mist began flowing around the edges of her entire body with black tendrils flowing at different points.
Light had died before, she had been close to death before and would always come out in one way or another. She had reappeared in the castle on her first death and most deaths after that, but when she first tapped into the dark fragment of her soul, she was reborn in the form of a true birth (one that would last for varying lengths of time depending on how much of the power she would use). Now however, she was unleashing the full power of her soul, both darkness and harmony, while in a weakened state... and she wasn't sure how long she'd have to wait
Light charged her spell, a spell she created on her first day of life. 'Light of shadows'. The spell exploded out of her, violently ripping apart the Element of Darkness while leaving Nova Star unharmed. The spell had taken all her magical reserve and because of that, she began to fall. Light's form became completely rainbow colored as she fell.
A small flash of light signaled her families arrival.
Light's body was blown away by wind as if made of dust seconds after her family arrived.

"Goodbye Light." Friendship said as she shed a tear, watching the ashes of Light be blown into nothingness.
"We'll all miss you." Laughter said with a sad tone, though she didn't shed a tear.
"Come my children, we should return to the castle. Light used more magic than I've ever seen her use and I doubt she'll return soon." Harmony said with a kind smile.
Her children nodded as they all teleported back to their castle, all except Friendship.
Friendship walked up to Nova Star's prone body and nudged the, now yellow coated and green maned, Alicorn awake.
Nova slowly opened her light-blue eyes before jumping several feet in the air at the sight of Friendship.
"Come on Nova, I can't have you dying out in the middle of nowhere." Friendship said as she motioned for Nova to follow.
Nova landed and followed fearfully. "Y-you're n-not going to kill m-me for killing her r-right?" she asked.
"No, Light killed herself. She knew she couldn't handle practically unleashing every ounce of the magic within herself while in that state, but she did it because she wanted you to have your life back."
"R-really, after what I d-did?"
"Light is forgiving of everypony except the entity that is the true Element of Darkness. She's willing to die a thousand times to save a pony from that thing." Friendship shed a second tear at that.
"You don't seem very sad about it."
"I am, she's died almost fifteen times for ponies, but it's always painful for me."
"And your siblings?"
"They feel the sadness a bit, but not a lot. Mother feels only positive emotions; my older siblings feel positive and some neutral emotions (though the neutral emotions aren't as strong); I feel positive, neutral, and some negative emotions (but the last two aren't as strong); Light can feel every emotion a normal pony can, at full force. My siblings are literally as sad as they can be. It's more of a curse than a blessing though."
"Oh."


twenty years before Nightmare Moon's return
Harmony chuckled as her children jumped around her excitedly. They're like fillies... wait. Harmony double checked, sure enough, her children had used Changeling Magic to disguise themselves as fillies. The goddess chuckled again as she walked towards the gates to her castle, followed by her children.
"Mother, where's she going to be reborn at?" Friendship asked as she stayed in a hover next to her mother, who smiled.
"I've decided on Cloudsdale, she usually stays as a Pegasus or bat-pony so I want her to see the city devoted and built for the two." Harmony said as she went up in green flames. When the Changeling Magic died down, Harmony was in the form of an average, pregnant, Pegasus mare with a pair of crossed lightning bolts for a cutie mark. Her children took on Pegasus forms as well, all without cutie marks and still as fillies.
Harmony smiled at her children once more before taking flight with them and leaving for Cloudsdale hospital.

Cloudsdale hospital was made out of the same ancient metal as the rest of the non-cloud parts of the city. Nurse Calm Wind was at the receptionist desk, looking over the list of appointments scheduled for the afternoon. Among the list were
Fire Fly, a skilled flyer and great weather pony, who was pregnant.
Storm Brewer, who was just in for a check-up.
Fluttershy and her parents, also for a check-up.
Harmonic breeze and her six children, with a seventh on the way.
Nurse Calm Wind stopped at that name, she wasn't familiar with it in the slightest and didn't even remember talking with a pony by that name.
The hospital doors opened to reveal a light-crystal-blue coated Pegasus and six fillies of about the same age. The mare walked up to the counter before speaking.
"I'm Harmonic Breeze, I have an appointment with a very specific doctor." Harmony said calmly.
"Oh, um... who?" the nurse asked with a bit of shock.
"Her name's doctor Silver Nova."
The nurse nodded and led them into Doctor Nova's room before departing.
Silver Nova smiled when she saw Harmony.
"I like the Pegasus look Harmony and your daughters are just so cute as Pegasus fillies." she commented, causing the children in question to blush. Silver was a Pegasus as well and a descendant of Nova Star who had offered to help with Light's rebirth.
"You know why I'm here." Harmony said.

About an hour later, Harmony walked out with Light, in the form of a new born foal, tucked under her wing.
"Mother, can we go see Fire Fly, she's here you know." Loyalty asked as she rode on her mothers back.
"Sure." Harmony said as they headed to the room where Fire Fly was, since she had gotten their a few minute after them.
Fire Fly was smiling down at the foal in her arms when they came in.
"Hello, you're Fire Fly right." Harmony said.
"Yes, I am." Fire Fly said.
"My child, Lightning Lance, overheard one of the nurses talking about you and she wanted to meet your new daughter."
"She may."
Loyalty flew over to the child in question and looked her over. Fire Fly's daughter was a Pegasus filly with cyan coat and a, rainbow colored mane and tail, this shocked the spirit of Loyalty.
"Her mane's a rainbow." Loyalty said with shock.
"Yes, it's strange, but cute. Her name's Rainbow Dash."
"My foal has a similar mane and tail." Harmony said kindly as she brought Light out from under her wing.
"Aww... she's so cute!"
"Indeed she is, as is your's."
"I hope our daughters can hang out sometime. Rainbow's sure to be picked on, and it would be nice for her to have a friend to play with and to help her not feel like a freak."
"I'm sorry Fire Fly, we were merely here for a short visit and we'll be leaving soon, but I'll try to bring Spectrum over one day. I can't promise it'll be soon though, but you can tell your daughter all about this little visit if you want." Harmony left after that.

"Did you gather how that was possible?" Harmony asked Loyalty as they were walking away.
Loyalty used some magic to form a screen in-front of her, which showed the results of a Soul Scan Spell she had cast while looking at Rainbow Dash. The screen showed a white sphere with blue bounds (the same color as Fire Fly's mane and tail.) wrapped around it, a tether of the energy and a red energy (Loyalty's innate magic) were wrapped around and seemed to connect the two, there was a second tether though, the second tether was two rainbow tethers connecting Light and Rainbow.
"Light, were you aware this happened?" Loyalty asked as she looked at her little sister.
Light shook her head as her wings lit up in rainbow colored magic and similarly colored words formed in the air in-front of her.
Sorry, I'm not sure how that could have happened. I did feel something like a stronger version of our 'Soul's Bound' Spell. I think my natural connection with you intertwined with your connection to RD while I was reestablishing our own connection, it could explain RD's mane and tail, though this is assuming me and her were born at the same time.
"It sounds likely, but we'll deal with that problem later. How would you prefer to grow up this time Light. I know you shift between us treating you like you and us treating you like a foal." Harmony said.
I'll take foalhood this time.
Harmony nodded and they flew off to their castle.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy.
all text in red are actually rainbow colored in the story's universe, I just didn't want to go alternating between seven different colors for every letter as it would take a lot of time.
so you know, Nova Star wasn't immortal.

remember to comment on your reasons when you dislike/like this story.