• Published 4th Oct 2014
  • 6,094 Views, 158 Comments

The Wise Soldier - Justasimplename



My opinion on realistic take of a soldier appearing in Equestria. What happens if a soldier is sent to Equestria and he ask the simple question of why?

  • ...
48
 158
 6,094

Are You Sure Your Brain Works?

"So fuck you." Everyone stared in shock as I had just knocked out their precious ruler. Screw her. She can die for all I care.

Time to deal with the fallout. I knew what was going to happen next, even before I knocked her out. She does have about two dozen bodyguards. I have only a second of think time before they act.

Currently, I was still sitting down on a crystal shaped bench and my rifle would take too long to bring up and ready(it was still on safe) so I opted for my sidearm. I pulled out my HK pistol with my right hand.

Me? A single SEAL armed with a .45 pistol with ten rounds and a knife. Them? About two dozen horse knights with various melee weapons. The odds aren't exactly in my favor. I'd be a long shot but who cares! I have nothing else to lose.

My one second of think time passed and the body guards charged me. Instead of shooting right away, I jumped behind the bench, putting the obstacle between the two of us. This didn't really hinder their actions. They split up and equally went around the bench on both sides.

A dozen on the left and another dozen on the right. A couple of them lit their horns up and shot a beam at me but like with Twilight, nothing happened.

Magic. Too weird for my taste, I guess. Seeing as magic didn't work they all started nearing me, weapons brandished.

Before they approached me with the range of their weapons, I fired a round into he ground. Exploiting the enemy's weakness, absolutely brilliant. While they were dazed, I kicked one in side of the face to my left and punched another one in the mouth to my right with my free hand.

That only distracted two of them. Another twenty was ready but they were all dazed from the gunshot. Need to think. F More of a need to act.

With that, I felt my bloodstream fill with adrenalin. All sound was muted and time began to slow down in my mind. It's a good thing I had learned how to control and take advantage of adrenalin rushes a long time ago.

The first one that recovered swung his weapon, a mace, at me(with magic) and only succeeded in bashing a different guard's head on the helmet when I side stepped. A second one didn't recover as I had fired another round into the ground. As they were dazed again, I picked one of them up from the left and threw him at the ones at right which knocked over half of them.

Now I only had to worry about half of them for the time being. Easier to handle? Good.

Putting my attention at the right group, I shot one in the front left leg and punched another in the face before I picked up one of the bodyguards with one arm and headbutted him in the face. Dropping the knocked out horse, I kicked another one in the face before putting my attention back to the other group.

A pair of ponies had managed to recover and closed the distance between us. One lunged at me with a sword(somehow, it was held in one hoof) while the other attempted to kick me with his hind legs. I jumped out of the way of both attacks and fired another round into the ground.

Temporary confusion and inability to fight again. Time to act.

I punched another one of them in the face and elbowed another in the throat. One recovered and managed to stab me in the chest with a sword, only for the sword to be stopped by one of my rifle's magazines.

The plates in my vest should be able to stop the swords though the plates would be shattered with one hit. I was lucky with that mag. Now I need to deal with him.

I kicked him away and fired another round into the ground before I jumped back over the bench. Firing two rounds into the bench, I managed to damage a good portion of it. Then I reeled back one of my legs and kicked the damaged portion. The strain knocked a large piece loose.

I picked up the chunk of crystal with my free had and bashed it on one pony's head knocking him out, before I threw it at another pony's head which also knocked him out. I punched another nearby pony in the face and quickly elbowed another, then pistol whipped another.

That was when I felt myself knocked to the ground. This action made me accidentally fire off another round which coincidentally hit a guard in the lower leg. I felt something clinging to my back so I rolled over, pinning the horse. A couple of them approached me while I was on the ground. One took a boot to the face while the other took a bullet to the upper leg.

Time to get back up. How? I have the size and strength advantage. He was the one on the bottom too. Good for me, bad for him.

Still pinned to the ground, I bounced up a little and slammed whoever was on my back to the ground with the full weight of a geared up Navy SEAL. Before I could stand back up, another guard got near me and took a bullet to the leg.

Finally back up, I punched another one in the face and knocked him out. The remaining ponies still conscious and not writhing on the ground in pain looked at me in fear. To be fair, they had watched me take out all but seven of them. To make that worse, I wasn't even close to being tired and they had yet to land a decent hit on me.

As they looked at me in fear, I looked down at my pistol. The slide was locked back. I calmly replaced the magazine with a fresh one. I made sure to keep the old empty magazine by placing it in the same pouch that held the full mag. When I pressed the slide release, the seven standing guards flinched. They were scared. Low morale. Ready to give up. Whatever else applies.

I looked at the six ponies who had attempted to greet me originally. They all had scared faces and were clenching their ears. Even Rainbow, who had been cocky not even five minutes ago, was now looking a little scared. Looking down at myself, I was covered in quite a bit of blood spatter. I looked back up at them, finding that they had been frozen in the exact same stance than earlier.

Closing my eyes, I slowly took a deep breathe. After four seconds, I slowly exhaled. Gradually, I regained my hearing. The first thing I heard? Besides the cries of pain from the guards in massive pain, I heard a few of them whimpering. Like children ready to cry. They weren't used to violence like this. No wonder they needed help from my world. Still, I don't want to fight for them.

I looked at the piece of the crystal bench I had broken off to beat one pony into submission and noticed that it was the size of my torso. I used a piece of crystal the size of my torso to beat someone with. Adrenalin. It's some crazy shit. I flipped the safety on my pistol and holstered it. "I'm sorry. I was mad."

The first one to snap back into reality was Twilight. "What?" she said while shaking her head.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"You're sorry?" asked Twilight. She was incredulous or possibly in shock. Seeing what just happened, it was an appropriate reaction.

I continued my deep breathing. "I am sorry. I was angry and I shouldn't have acted like that." I walked over to the damaged crystal bench and sat down, moving my rifle in the process to get into a comfortable position. I could still feel adrenalin flowing but it was going down.

"I was just mad" I said. "I'm going to be stuck in this place with no possible way to go home." I looked down at my blood stained gloved hands. They weren't even shaking. "Not exactly something for me to be happy about."

I looked back up. They all have the same look of shock and fear. Not a good situation for me. "Go get some medical help for the ones that are bleeding. If you don't, the results won't be pretty."

Standing back up, I walked over to the knocked out princess. "S-S-Step away from the princess!" said one of the still-conscious body guards. I ignored him, proceeded to remove one of my canteens from my vest. Once out, I dumped the contents onto her face.

She quickly sputtered back into consciousness. "What?" asked Celestia immediately. "Pain! Why is there pain?!?"

"Get up you sack of royalty" I said.

She slowly got back up on four hooves. Once up, she clung onto the eye that was swollen and sported a gash. When she rested her good eye on me, she realized what happened. "Guards!" Her body guards only stared at me in silence and fear. She noticed this too and found the unable guards that were on the ground. "G-Guards?"

"Remember Celestia, one of the most elite like you said" I said. "You expected that someone would help you after you permanently removed him from his home away from his friends and family for the rest of his life. I literally have nothing else to live for." I took out my IFAK and started treating her eye.

"You attacked me and more importantly my ponies" said Celestia. "You could have killed them!" She was mad. Standard mood for something like this.

I applied some disinfectant on the gash on her eye, making her wince. "That is the point. I could have killed them but I didn't. It takes me longer to disable someone with nonlethal force than using lethal force."

"What are you?" asked Celestia.

"I am a US Navy SEAL. SEAL stands for Sea, Air, and Land. The short version of everything the SEALs are is that when the going gets impossible, we're sent in. When more than a single SEAL is killed in action in one operation, we call that a massacre" I continued.

"How well do SEALS perform?" Celestia asked.

"Chris Kyle, Navy SEAL sniper that served ten years and accumulated 160 confirmed kills, 255 unconfirmed. He holds the record as a sniper" I said.

"160 confirmed kills?!?" exclaimed Celestia.

"Yes" I replied.

"How long have you served?" asked Twilight.

I looked at her before looking down. "This year was my sixteenth" I replied. It sure has been a while. "Probably was going to retire in another eight." Twenty-four years. Twenty-four years. I was going to be a SEAL for a long time. Still, I had a good sixteen.

Finishing up on her eye, I wrapped bandages around her head to hold gauze against her eye. "And done" I said. I looked down at my Oakley gloves.

"Are you a medic?" asked Twilight.

"No."

"But you know intermediate first aid" said Twilight.

"Seals operate in small teams of less than six usually against an unknown number of assailants. What happens if the medic is killed?" I explained. She didn't answer. I made a good point. "Exactly my point. Teach everyone and everyone is capable of everything." I packed up my IFAK and stuffed it back in its pouch.

Pinkie Pie slowly trotted up to me and asked "Why won't you help Equestria?" She looked like a hurt puppy when she had asked that. The same look a child had when you disappointed one. "Don't you help ponies?"

"Not really" I said. "SEALs are meant for bigger problems like terrorism for the sake of their country. Equestria isn't my country" I said.

They all looked heartbroken by what I had just said. Can't judge them. They might be doomed. Then I realized something very important. "Celestia, you said that you summoned eight others" I said.

"Yes! I did" said Celestia. "Maybe they'll help!"

Eight more Navy Seals. That will be interesting. Wait... "Are you sure that they won't act any differently than I did?" I asked. "You kidnapped me and them. Will they be as happy as I was?"

"Hopefully they won't. I did summon the others from different parts of the world" said Celestia. Different parts of the world? Did she pull us out while we were in the middle of operations?!?

"Are you telling me that you summoned all of us while we were in the middle of operations?!?" I yelled at her.

Celestia looked offended. "No! I only summoned ones that were resting at their respective military forts." Forts? Why did she say forts? Wait. Does she mean bases?!? She took different people out of different bases?!?

"You took different people out of different bases from our world?!?" I yelled.

"Yes?" she said sheepishly. "Why?"

"Then there's a chance that you did not simply take nine SEALs from our world. There's a chance that you took one person out of nine different military forces. Judging from me, they're all different special forces." Then another thought crossed my mind. "Or one special force and eight different terrorist or criminal cells!" If I have to deal with eight different insurgents, I'm shooting someone(well other than the insurgents). "And imagine if they react worse than I did!"

"Then will you help us deal with the eight of them?" Celestia asked.

What? Didn't I answer this already. "I just said I wou-"

Celestia interrupted me. "This time, we are not asking you to fight our war but to find your own people" said Celestia.

Eight more members of my species to keep me company. That would be nice. "Fine." I hope to god that they all speak English.

Author's Note:

Fun Fact: The average horse's sense of hearing is several times more sensitive than a human's. In real life, a horse will run away madly when a gunshot sounds out.

one