• Published 3rd Oct 2014
  • 1,544 Views, 28 Comments

Black Clouds & Silver Lining - Lucky Seven



One changeling is going to rise up and show that not all of them are evil.

  • ...
4
 28
 1,544

Prologue

Author's Note:

Before you begin reading this story, I'd like to just say a little something.

I am aware a story revolving around this particular character already exists. If you've happened to read it, I only ask that you give this story a chance. Her back-story will be drastically different than in that story, and the style of the story will be very different. It will not have an overarching plot. It will simply be a slice-of-life story and, while the chapters do happen in chronological order, they have little to no relation to one another. Each chapter can be considered its own 'story', if you will, and will have a theme. The theme will be broached in each author's note.

Second, this is NOT my character. She belongs to my good friend Matt, and she's probably just about my favorite original character aside from my own. This story was made especially for him, and any other people liking it is just a bonus to me.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the story and character as much as I've enjoyed writing about them!

Black Clouds & Silver Lining

Prologue

Written by HarimeNui777

Long ago, before the dawn of the modern age, two civilizations were at war. A war that would rage across an entire planet.

First, there was the ponies. Fighting in the name of friendship and kindness, they were led by the mighty alicorn sisters, Celestia and Luna. Neither of them were too keen at the prospect of starting a war, but they felt it was necessary given the circumstances. Their enemy was relentless, and refused to attempt a peaceful resolution. So their only option, the only way to protect their country, was to fight back with all they had.

Then, there was the changelings, fueled by their desire for love and all the power it brought. But their leader, the ruthless Queen Chrysanthemum, wasn’t content with gathering up this precious resource peacefully. Rather, she much enjoyed stealing love from innocent, unsuspecting creatures. This was, of course, in conflict with what Celestia had taught all of her beloved ponies.

It was during this war that the alicorn princesses, Celestia and Luna, finally proved themselves to their subjects. Their steely resolve was key in keeping their footing as the world was thrust into chaos. As if ignoring the destruction around them, they calmly led their forces against the enemy, unfazed by the insurmountable odds they seemed to be facing up against. This was truly a war to behold, and most accounts will tell you that it was as if the Armageddon was already happening.

The war raged on for decades, until eventually, one side rose to claim victory. The nation of Equestria was victorious, and the changeling empire was left crippled, their queen dead. It would be eons before the changelings even thought to attempt to start another war.

Coincidentally, one changeling was born just before that second attempt at war, though. One changeling that would show that not all changelings were inherently evil. A changeling that would display more emotion than any changeling before. A changeling that would become a martyr for her race. Her name?

Tenna.