• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 1,684 Views, 71 Comments

Hero of Harmony - Riddleja



Jokesterrap finds himself learning to handle responsibilities when he recieves a special gift from his grandfather.

  • ...
10
 71
 1,684

The Prankster's Package

At Canterlot High, school was carrying on like normal. Recently, two new students had enrolled. Both of them were siblings; the older of them was a fine-looking teenage boy with blue hair, dark green eyes and glasses while his younger sister had golden yellow hair with fuchsia stripes, fuchsia eyes and freckles. The boy's name was Vincent Van Colt, and his sister's name was Fictionary. They had started to get along with the students at Canterlot High.

It had been months since the incident at the Battle of the Bands. Everything seemed to have gone back to normal. And not too long after Twilight Sparkle had gone back to Equestria, the Human World's Twilight Sparkle came to Canterlot High to do some studying on the strange events that had happened. She had originally not intended on befriending the students, as it would interfere with her studies. But soon, she understood the magic of friendship and had become a good friend to them.

At the moment, it was lunch time and the students were making their way to the cafeteria. But before they could get in, a girl with white hair, purple eyes, and a star clip on her hair got in front of them.

"Stand aside," she said grandly. "For the one that shall go in first is the Great and Powerful Trixie!"

The other students rolled their eyes. They were used to Trixie boasting about herself. But as soon as Trixie opened the cafeteria door...

Splash!

... A bucket of icy water had splashed on her from above.

"Oooooh! Cold! Very cold!" she cried out in surprise, "What is this? The Ice Bucket Challenge?"

This caused the rest of the students to laugh. Trixie was cross.

"Who would dare pull such a stunt on the Great and Powerful Trixie?" she demanded.

"Guilty as charged," came a laugh from under one of the lunch tables.

"Who said that?" snapped Trixie.

From under one of the tables came the culprit, a guy with brown hair and eyes, still laughing. It was Jokesterrap; Rarity and Sweetie Belle's prankster cousin. He'd started attending school there about a month before Vincent and Fictionary had, and already gained quite a reputation as a prankster.

"Oh, you..." Trixie growled in annoyance.

"Can't say you didn't deserve it," Jokesterrap chuckled.

"I shall get you for this, Jokesterrap, if it's the last thing I do!" snapped Trixie. And she storm off to dry herself off. The rest of the students, however, went inside for some lunch.

“You should have seen her face,” Jokesterrap said, still laughing. “I thought that a bucket of water would be enough, but then I decided to add some ice for extra measures.” But not everyone else was laughing along. While some of the students found Jokesterrap's tricks to be funny, others seemed to think they were rather obnoxious.

"Why do you keep putting up with that goofball, Vincent?" asked a female student named Watermelody.

"Because he's my friend," replied Vincent. "He may be a prankster, but he's still a nice guy." He turned his attention to Rarity, who was putting on make-up. "And since he's your cousin, you should be defending him."

Before Rarity could reply, she started sneezing.

"Gesundheit," said Vincent.

"What on earth is hap...," Rarity began to say before sneezing again. Twilight Sparkle examined the make up powder before sneezing herself.

"It's sneezing powder!" she exclaimed.

“Sneezing powder?”

"Somebody must have swapped your make up with sneezing powder," said Twilight.

"This has Jokesterrap written all over it," growled Rarity.

"I don't see his name written there," said Pinkie Pie, a little confused.

"It means that she thinks he was responsible for this prank," explained Applejack.

"Oh, that makes much more sense," Pinkie Pie chuckled.

"Besides," said an Eco-teen named Captian Planet, "when's Jokesterrap been known to do anything but pull pranks all the time?"

Jokesterrap had been drinking some grape juice. When he heard this, he felt insulted and spit his juice out. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, shooting a glare at the Eco-teen.

"Oh, nothing," said Twilight innocently, trying to prevent a fight between the two. "He was just mentioning that you happen to have a rather well known habit of pranking everyone."

"Yeah," said another student named Mystery Mint. "Even though that's all you really do and you're not the best at being responsible."

She didn't mean for that to be an insult, but Jokesterrap took it as one.

"You all think I'm nothing but a joke, don't you?" he asked angrily.

"No, that's not what she meant!" remarked Vincent, trying to cover up Mystery's mistake.

"It's just like at my old school,” Jokesterrap said crossly. “Everyone thinks that I'm only good for playing pranks on others and making jokes. And then they go on by saying I'll never be responsible at something. Well I'll show you all one day. I'll show you all that I can be responsible and do more than pranks and jokes. Just you wait and see!" And he took a large bite out of his apple.

Suddenly Vice Principle Luna's voice came on the intercom.

"Would Jokesterrap please come to my office immediately?" she asked.

“Oh, busted,” Rainbow Dash snickered before getting elbowed by Applejack.

Oh, great, thought Jokesterrap, now I'm in trouble...

“Um, you'd better go see what she wants, Jokesterrap,” suggested Fluttershy in a rather timid voice. “You might get into a lot of trouble if you don't.”

Jokesterrap usually wasn't nervous on going to the vice principle's office. When he was little, he'd been sent to the principle's office many times for his pranks. But this time, he hadn't done anything that extreme.

“So far, I've only been down here when I put process cheese in Cranky Doodle's toupee,” he said to himself. “I sure hope I'm not getting blamed for something I didn't do. Cause if so, then I'm gonna find 3 other students who were blamed for something they didn't do, and form a group of freedom fighters rebelling against evil.” Realizing how silly this idea sounded, he shook his head. “Man, I have got to stop watching late night TV.”

Before long, Jokesterrap came to Vice Principle Luna's office. He took a deep breath, and went inside. As the window blinds were down, the room was rather dark. He could see Vince Principle Luna looking out the window blinds like how she usually did.

"You uh, wanted to see me, Vice Principle Luna?" Jokesterrap asked nervously.

"Indeed I have, Jokesterrap" she responded. “Thank you for coming down.”

“Am I in trouble for something?” asked Jokesterrap. “Cause I didn't do anything that extreme.”

“No, Jokesterrap,” Luna began. “It's...”

“Because if I did something extreme without realizing, then I'm really sorry,” Jokesterrap interrupted. “Like when I put process cheese in Cranky Doodle's toupee...”

“Jokesterrap!” Luna interrupted. “You are not in any trouble. So there is no reason for you to worry.”

“Oh, phew,” sighed Jokesterrap. “So what did you call me down here for?”

"A mailman came by and dropped this off." She showed him a package wrapped as if it were a present. "He said it was important that you receive it."

Must be an early birthday present, Jokesterrap thought. But why would it be so important I get it? Could it be...?

Jokesterrap unwrapped the package and saw an old box. On the box was written "To My Grandson".

"Uh, thank you Vice Principle Luna," he said, rather hurriedly. "I think I'll just be off now with this." With that, he dashed out of the office, leaving Vice Principle Luna looking rather puzzled.

Jokesterrap quickly made his way to his locker, making sure no one was following him. Once there, he hid the package inside.

"It should be safe here until after school," he said to himself.

"What should be safe until after school?"

Jokesterrap jumped. He didn't realize Sunset Shimmer had seen him.

"Oh, hey there," he said in surprise. "Didn't see you coming. What are you doing here?"

"I was just getting to my locker when I saw you acting sneaky," said Sunset Shimmer. “Say, what's in that box?”

"Box?" asked Jokesterrap, using his body to cover up the box. "Uh, what box?"

"The one you're hiding in your locker."

“Whose locker?”

"Your's, smart guy."

"Oh, that locker," Jokesterrap chuckled nervously. "Oh that's, uh, some new joke gags I ordered in the mail. Nothing too serious you see. Nothing suspicious at all."

Sunset Shimmer didn't seem to buy it. But before she could say anything else, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch and time for the next class.

"Phew," Jokesterrap sighed with relief. "Saved by the bell." He gathered his books, and set off for his next class.

For the rest of the school day, Jokesterrap hadn't caused anymore pranks. His mind ways too preoccupied on the box.

"What is it that could be so special about that box?" he wondered. “It might be something my Grandpa was holding onto for me until he passed on. I wonder...”

Most of the students found it rather odd that someone like Jokesterrap would not even attempt to prank them. Sunset Shimmer was telling her group about it as well.

"Jokesterrap's been rather edgey ever since he got that box," she said.

"What was in it?" asked Fluttershy.

"He says it's joke gags, but I think something else is going on."

"Ooh! Is he planning a party for us?" asked Pinkie Pie?

"It could be another prank, Pinkie Pie," said Rainbow Dash.

"How do y'all know it's another prank?" asked Applejack.

"Trust me. You can hardly tell with that guy."

Before long, the last class of the day had ended. As soon as the bell rang Jokesterrap raced off to his locker.

"Now to see what's in my package," he said to himself. "If it's what I think it is, I don't want anyone else eavesdropping."

As soon as he had the package and his backpack, Jokesterrap raced off past another friend of his, Flash Sentry.

"Woah! Careful there, Jokesterrap!" he called.

"Sorry, Flash," called Jokesterrap. "Can't stop to chat!" And he raced on, leaving Flash surprised.

"What's that guy's hurry?" he asked.

Up ahead, Vincent and Fictionary were talking to Watermelody.

"So how do you think you did on that test?" Watermelody asked.

"I think well," Vincent replied. “Although most of it seemed rather difficult.”

"Well you did spend half the night studying," remarked Fictionary. "I was lucky to be able to get some sleep."

“Well you had it easy,” said Vincent. “You didn't have to study for a test this hard.”

"Gang way!"

Suddenly Jokesterrap shot past, accidently causing Vincent to fall.

"Woah!" he cried out.

"Sorry!" called Jokesterrap.

The fall had caused Vincent to knock into a nearby Sunset Shimmer.

"Whoa!" she said. "You okay there?"

"Uh, yeah, I am," Vincent replied with embarrassment.

Sunset offered Vincent a hand, which he accepted.

"I'm Sunset Shimmer, by the way," she went on.

"Name's Vincent."

Vincent bashfully kicked at the ground. He had never actually got to meet Sunset Shimmer until now. He'd seen her a few times, but it was usually just a “hello”. This time she was actually talking to him and helping him up.

"Looks like someone's got a crush," Fictionary teased.

"I do not!" Vincent objected, feeling embarrassed. His cheeks were as red as part of Sunset Shimmer's hair.

"Then why are you blushing?"

Watermelody and Sunset couldn't help but giggle.

"By the way, what was up with Jokesterrap?" asked Watermelody.

"I dunno what it was," said Vincent, "but he must've been in a hurry."

"I saw him leave Vice Principle Luna's office with some box," said Sunset. "He's been acting strange ever since."

"What was in it?" asked Fictionary.

"He didn't open it," replied Sunset. "He also pretended it wasn't there for some reason."

"What is that guy up to?" asked Vincent.

Author's Note:

A couple of references are made. Keep an eye out. Also a little VincentxSunset moment.