• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 2,052 Views, 49 Comments

The Sirens Song - stormfury12



The story of the sirens, from their first day of banishment to their attack on CHS.

  • ...
4
 49
 2,052

Cracks

"You see girls? I told you both that we could still feed off their negative energy." Adagio giggled a little under her breath. She felt better now that she had had a meal. Aria and Sonata were satisfied at the moment as well. The three girls stood outside a shop across the street from the food place. They hadn't done much, they just walked in, and sat down before they began to sing. Their voices were still perfectly fine, but their ability to absorb the negative energy of others seemed to have taken a hit. Aria stood with her arms folded and a sour face as usual, and Sonata was swaying back and forth on her heels.

"Yeah, but it wasn't much, and it was actually a lot harder to absorb than before." Aria commented. She was right, the three had struggled to absorb the negative energy into them.

"Well its to be expected. We lost a lot of our strength when we were banished here after all." Adagio wasn't happy about it, but she knew that there was no point in complaining. Survive and over come was how she lived most of the time. "Anyways, now that we're all full or at least not hungry, we should find a place to stay."

"What do you mean? Aren't we going back?" Sonata asked. "You know? To Equestria?" She still had yet to grasp the fact that their banishment wasn't temporary.

"No, we're stuck here." Aria spat. Sonata rubbed her shoulder and pouted slightly. She wanted to go back home. "You're the worst sometimes, no wait all the time."

"No reason to be mean at me Aria! I was just asking." Sonata folded her arms and stuck her nose to the air.

"Don't even start you two. Now where are we going to stay?" Adagio rubbed her chin and tried to think of something, anything that would be good. They had no family or friends, but that was no different from when they had been Equestria, they didn't know anyone in this place, and they still had little to no clue as to what was going on. Adagio pulled a rolled up piece of paper out of her back pocket.

"What's that?" Aria asked while pointing at the paper.

"It's a map, I grabbed one on the way out of the library. Were neither of you paying attention?" Adagio unrolled the piece of paper and eyed the map of Canterlot. It wasn't too terribly large, and there was a lot of forested areas and grassy areas. "Here would be good for now." Adagio pointed at the Canterlot public park.

"A park? Really Adagio? You can't think of anything better?" Aria asked with a sneer.

"A park sounds perfectly fine to me. I like nature, no I love nature!" Sonata added with a smile. She had been raised in a very rural area of Equestria that had been cut off from most of the surrounding areas thanks to its heavy forests and constant downpour of rain. She had never liked the rain much at all, and she loathed thunderstorms, but she adored nature as a whole.

"Well Aria where else do you think we can go? This isn't Equestria and I'm not seeing anywhere else on here. Unless you want to sleep in a sewer or a drainage pipe, this is what we have. Now doesn't a sewer or pipe sound like an absolutely lovely nap spot? It truly is quite relaxing." Adagio brought her hand up to her chest and spoke with thick accent composed of sarcasm. Aria rolled her eyes.

"No that doesn't sound good at all! Our hair would be all dirty, and we'd be all smelly!" Sonata replied, not realizing that Adagio was being sarcastic.

"Sonata you idiot, she was being a sarcastic-" Aria snarled.

"A sarcastic what dear?" Adagio cut her off with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing...." Aria grumbled. Adagio took a deep breath and showed the other two girls the map.

"Okay it looks like its about a mile or so from here. We just need to follow the main road, take a left at the High School, and follow the road until we reach a bridge. At the bridge we take right and go for a little bit, and we should be in the park." Adagio ran her finger across the map while she gave orders. Sonata and Aria nodded with each sentence that left Adagios mouth. "Once we get to the park we'll search it out and find a suitable place to call ours."

"That seems like a really far walk Adagio..." Sonata whimpered.

"Dear I walked across practically all of Equestria in search of others until I found you two. Walking is far from a problem for me. So for now you'll have to suck it up Sonata." Adagio rolled the map back up and slid it back into her pocket. She was speaking the truth. After leaving her master, Adagio trekked across the entirety of Equestria in search of a new life. She had met Aria and Sonata during her travels, and the three had decided to become a trio.

"Well what are you two waiting for? Lets get going!" Aria began to walk away from Adagio and Sonata.

"Hey! Wait for me! Aria!" Sonata dashed after Aria and was followed by Adagio who simply walked. She couldn't believe how low they had sunk. Bottom of the barrel again. She sighed and thought about all of the events that had led up to this moment. In a way it had been her fault, but at the same time Sonata and Aria were equally to blame. Adagio was the leader however, and as such was the one that was considered responsible for everything. She had found Aria broken and crying by a tree, she was so pitiful looking then. Now Aria stood tall with her arms crossed and her heart full of spite. Sonata hadn't changed too terribly much, aside from her speech having greatly improved. Adagio looked at her hand, how had she changed? Was she different? She had to be. People change all of the time, or ponies change all of the time. She was a "person" now though, and her mind seemed to be slightly cracked now. She could feel it. Like something had snapped within her. Maybe it was her innocence? She had started the group to be nothing more than a trio of singers, but then so many things had taken place, and now they were here.

"Adagio hurry up!" Sonata cupped her hands around her mouth and called out. Adagio snapped out of her thoughts and looked up to see Aria and Sonata waiting for her by the bridge. That hadn't taken very long. She ran up to them. "Are you okay Adagio? You've been awfully quiet."

"Oh yes Sonata, I'm fine. Just thinking things over. We're almost there." Adagio motioned for them to follow, and they did. The way to the park was all nature, trees surrounded them, and which each step they felt a leaf crunch beneath their feet.

"Oh by Celestia! It's so beautiful in here." Sonata took a deep breath and smelled the air around her.

"Don't get too comfy Sonata." Aria shoved her aside and walked by her.

"Hey! That wasn't nice!" Sonata yelled with a sour look in her eyes.

"Well I'm not nice. deal with it."

"Stop it you two, you aren't making this any better." Adagio cut in causing them to stop. They continued through the forest for several minutes until reaching a small clearing. "You girls see anything?"

"No. Just a bunch of nature stuff." Aria sat on a nearby rock and picked up a rock before chucking it at a tree.

"Look there's a cave!" Sonata happily pointed at a small cave opening. It was partially hidden by brush. Adagio smiled and patted Sonata on the back.

"Good job dear. Now Aria come help us move this brush." Adagio bent over and began to remove the foliage along with Sonata.

"Sure, whatever." Aria stood up and brushed the dirt off her pants. She walked over to them and began to help. After a few minutes the cave was opened. It was a small opening, and the inside didn't look very large. "This place looks like a dump Adagio." Adagio ignore her, to Adagio it was perfect.

"Well Aria, if it was any larger then others may want to explore it, and its well hidden. We have our privacy as well, and yes I realize it looks bad now, but give it time." Adagio stood back up and rested her hand on her hip. "We'll rest here for the time being and fix it up as soon as possible." Sonata sat on a nearby stump and looked around her. All of the nature around her made her feel better. It reminded her of her days in Equestria, even though the nature made her happy, her memories did not.