• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 1,380 Views, 17 Comments

Country Gems 2: Trouble In Paradise - Nightlock106



Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle's relationship hits a major rough patch when Apple Bloom finds out about what's been happening behind her back.

  • ...
9
 17
 1,380

Cold Wind Blows

I opened the door to the house and walked in, sitting my saddlebags on the floor next to it. I let out a long sigh and looked around the room. Nopony was home aside from Applejack and Sweetie Belle. I walked over to the chair opposite of them and sat down.

Applejack looked over at me and sighed, "So...Did anything happen today?"

I put my head on my hoof and looked at the wall, "No."

"Really? Because I was just talking with Sweetie Belle here, and it sounds like you two are kinda going at it."

"We're not going at it."

"Now sis, I don't like it when you lie to me. Sweetie Belle already explained it to me, I just want to hear your side of everything."

"What's there to talk about if you already know everything?"

"There's plenty to talk about."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and looked at Applejack, "She cheated on me, I got mad, then I went to Sugar Cube Corner and drank myself sick on chocolate milk, we broke up and I came home."

"How are you feeling is what I want to know."

I shrugged and looked down to the ground, "Upset I guess."

"Why?"

"Because Sweetie Belle cheated on me."

"I said I was sorry. What more do you want?" Sweetie Belle snapped.

"I want to know why you would do something like that without even thinking about how this would effect us."

"I don't know why. It was a heat of the moment thing."

"You honestly expect me to believe that?"

"Well it's the truth."

"You know damn well that's not the truth."

"Apple Bloom! Watch your mouth!" Applejack barked.

"Why should I? I was just fine until you had to bring it up!"

"Don't you raise your-"

"Fuck you!"

Applejack fell silent and sat back in her chair. I was breathing heavily and staring coldly at both of them.

"Look, Apple Bloom...I-"

I turned to Sweetie Belle, "Save it! I don't want to hear anymore out of you!" I got up from my seat and started walking towards mine and Sweetie Belle's room, "I'm fucking done with this." I grabbed a small bag and started packing my things in it.

Applejack came into the room and stared at me, "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm staying at Fluttershy's. I don't want to be anywhere near you two." I finished packing my things and looked over at Applejack, "Move!"

Applejack sighed and left from the door, "If that's what you really want to do, be my guest. Just don't expect to keep running away from your problems."

I rolled my eyes and left the room. My mind had been made up. If I was going to keep being nagged about the issue, I wasn't about to be a part of it. I finally made it to the front door and looked back at Sweetie Belle, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. I turned back around and finally left Carousel Boutique.

As I was walking towards Fluttershy's, I couldn't help but to feel guilty. I knew that it wasn't right for me to be doing this, but it was the only choice that I felt that I had. It only put more pain on me when they keep talking about what happened. I just want to forget about the whole thing and try to make things work. But, they just wanted to keep pushing me for what I felt about the whole thing. I figured it was obvious that I was pissed off, but they just didn't want to listen to what I wanted to do. They only wanted me to do what they wanted me to do. It was just making more and more pissed off.

"I wish they would leave me the fuck alone. Why can't they understand that I want to deal with this myself?"

I finally made it to Fluttershy's cabin and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I walked in and set my saddlebags next to the door, "Hey Fluttershy. How've you been?"

She was laying on the couch under a thick blanket. She was holding an ice pack on her head and had a bowel of soup sitting in her lap, "I've just been a little sick the past couple of days. It's nothing too serious, just a slight cold. How have you been?"

"I've been better."

She looked at me with confusion, "What do you mean?"

I sat down on the chair across from her, "It's a long story."

"I don't mind."

I let out a sigh and looked down to the ground, "Well, me and Sweetie Belle are kind of separated right now. When she was over here helping you take care of animals, she and Scootaloo 'cuddled' with each other. When she told me about it this morning, I got really mad at her and hit her. I feel really bad for doing that, but I just couldn't control myself. I went over to see Pinkie Pie and told her about it. Then Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo showed up and I told Sweetie Belle that I thought that we should see other ponies."

"Wait. You mean that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had sex?"

"Sweetie Belle said that it was a 'heat' of the moment kind of thing."

"Don't you think you girls are a bit too young to be doing that kind of thing?"

"We're twelve, we were bound to start going through heat cycles sooner or later."

Fluttershy put her hoof on her chin, "I think I get it. So, you wanted to come over and ask for some advise?"

"Actually, I came over to see if I could stay here for a few days. Applejack and I are also getting into it."

"What happened between you two?"

"She kept pressing the issue further and further, and it just got me to my boiling point. I said some things that I really shouldn't have said to her and I just decided to pack up some things and come over here."

"Well, I guess you can stay for a little while. But, you know you're going to have to solve your issues with them some day."

"I know. I just don't know what to do."

"I'd say give yourself time to calm down before you go back and talk to them. Then maybe you can get everything straitened out."

"Thanks Fluttershy."

"You're welcome. Just remember that you can't keep running from your problems forever."