• Published 27th Sep 2014
  • 712 Views, 16 Comments

Playing the Hero - Redo_RetroBrony



Applejack is trying to save the CMC from a manticore when they Wondered into the everfree. It was a goos thing that she saved them...but there was the manticore...also Thunderlane is in this and a hole bunch of other stuff that I can't get in.

  • ...
8
 16
 712

Can't Stop Thinking About It: Thunder Lane's Chapter

Author's Note:

Narrative is now Thunder Lane for this chapter. (One line skipped = transition)

I was walking down the streets of Pinyville thinking about what just happened.
Since I saved Applejack she started to act differently around me, I mean I can't blame her. I did save her life after all. It was hard day that day.
As I walked down the dirt paths of Ponyville I was trying to mentally remind my self of what I needed to pick up at the markets.
"Lets see, stuff for making salad: check, oranges: check, apples: ...nope." I still needed apples so I went over to the apple stand.
Applejack was there selling apples, I didn't even expect her to be working after what happened yesterday. "Applejack? Why is she working today? Nah, it doesn't matter." I walked up to her stand. "Hey Applejack. Why are you working today?"
"The Apple family need some bits, and yes everything pretty much still hurts. My side, my back right leg and my back, but Ah can walk it off right now. It's not that bad." She did seen to look ok to me. Maybe the fact that she works mostly everyday on the farm bucking apple trees, she always walked a cramp off.
"Well I'll like to buy about 5 apples, how much would that be? Hopefully not much because I already bought a bunch of stuff."
"It's free for you, after all did help a whole bunch yesterday and Ah appreciate it a whole lot Thunder Lane." They were free! I can see why because I did save her to. I was just relieved because I was running low on bits.
"So anything happened lately?" Applejack asked it with a raise of a eyebrow. Since I wasn't in a hurry and there was nothing to do on the way home I started think of what happened.
"Well not much happened today or yesterday, so I'm gonna say no. " It was a boring day today, nothing much at all but another mail delivery from Ditzy, or Derpy as other ponies may call her. Just like last time she crash into a window.
"Well Ah'll tell ya what happened to me." Insisted the orange mare. "Ah was coming too the markets until I see a clown in the streets entertaining some young ones. It was fun to watch and made me chuckle a little big to." At least she had something good today... Other than another broken window.
"Well that's good." I tried to sound happy about it but I was just to tired to sound like it. "It's good to laugh and have some fun, or something." Trying to say without falling asleep with boredom and lack of sleep... I should of told you that.
"Well I'm heading of now, bye Aj" Saying as I waved my hoof goodbye. She waved good bye to.

As I was walking down the streets of Ponyville I noticed the clown she was talking. It was fun to watch it but at the same time a bit foalish to watch it to, it did look like it was for mostly the younger audience as well. Well moving on down the paths I started thinking of yesterday, I still couldn't believed that she hugged me. I know that I helped her home from the forest but still, I didn't expect her to go that far. At least I was hoping for a thank you and a slight smile from her then walking into the house.
When I got home I still couldn't take my mind off it. I know it's not that much of a big deal but it kept coming back, the thought of it made me feel better about my self but it also made it kind of weird between me and Applejack... or at least to me.
I made my way too the kitchen to put every thing away. I had help with Rainbow Dash on my house, she helped me with my refrigerator and freezer so the shelf's were this enough to hold other objects on it, like an apple.
Now to put aside the less important stuff. I made my way upstairs to see if everything was ok. "Good, nothing to worry about right now." Since I felt tired I decided to take a little nap. Setting my clock to wake me up, I pulled my blanket to cover about half of my body. As soon as I closed my eyes I started thin about the hug again.
I tried to let it go but I couldn't, so I grabbed my iPony and I listened to my music. I figured that music would take my mind off it. Knowing that the music helps because I listen to metal, rock, and sometimes rap and pop music, this helped because my music always takes my mind off of stuff.
When I started to finally fall asleep I heard a crash. "Damn it, not again." I assumed it was Ditzy because she always comes in on a daily schedule. I walked down the stairs and as soon as a saw it I face-hoofed, it was Ditzy again. "I'm guessing you have mail for me?"
"Yes I do!" she said with a happy tone like always even though she just crashed into my window... again. This happened every time, why should I be mad now?
"Thank you, I'll take that now if you don't mind." With a slightly annoyed tone in my voice I tried not to sound rude but it came out sounding like I was angry about it
"Well I'm off to do my job now, bye Thunder Lane!" The grey mail pony left my house though the window she broke EVERY SINGEL TIME!
"bye." I waited a few seconds for me and her to out distance so I can say: "She can get really annoying sometimes." As soon as she left I started to think about it again, the hug. I gave up on trying not to think of it now since it did bring good thoughts to mind, and a good memory.