• Published 17th Sep 2014
  • 2,543 Views, 68 Comments

Trials of a Fillyfooler - Skylight77



After having a sleepover, Fluttershy develops a new feeling for Rainbow Dash. Now they must face the trials for what's ahead of them.

  • ...
25
 68
 2,543

Chapter 8: Plans

Fluttershy stood there on a cloud, watching as the world in front of her continued to grow bigger. The winds blew in the direction she was facing. She witnessed a pair of birds flying off in that direction, without her.

She could only squeak at how small she felt, how lonely these skies were. In order to not be lonely, to be with the other animals and ponies again, she needed to fly.

Taking a deep breath, Fluttershy ignored all fears of how high she was. She wanted to follow those birds. Spreading her wings, she lept off of the cloud.

But along with her body, her wings even felt small. Fear struck all around her as she felt herself unable to keep herself airborne. Screaming, she reached for the cloud she jumped towards, barely able to latch on its edge. Try as she might, she could not find the strength to pull herself up. She could only cry and flail her hind legs at how weak she felt herself be.

But then, she felt a pressure on one of her hooves. It aided her in her grip. Looking up, she could see that silhouette, once again…

______________________________________________________________________________

Her legs strained. Her body dripped. Her neck ached. And her hooves were squishy.

Fluttershy wasn’t sure how much longer she could hold this position. Her hind hooves continued to sink in the soft moist cloud she stood on. Resisting to use her wings, her only support from sinking was her forehooves barely wrapping against a railing that could only be reached by bending her body forwards.

While she held this position, rain poured down on her forehooves, soaking them to the point they were as squishy as sponges. Rainbow Dash occasionally poked and squished at those sponge-like hooves. Fluttershy would squeak every time she did, but did not lose grip of the railing.

It had been going on for about thirty minutes, and Fluttershy felt like her legs were about to pop right off. She could only find irony at how similar this situation felt when she had that dream. If she didn’t know better, she would think Rainbow Dash was making her exercise more than just her hooves. And if this was still a dream, it would make perfect sense why.

But Fluttershy thanked Celestia that after that final poke, the railing was moved, signaling her to get out of that position. Flapping her wings, her hind hooves were released from the cloud floor with a pop. She flew over to a bench packing dry clouds. Taking a seat, she took a deep breath of relief.

“Nice work, Fluttershy,” Rainbow praised. “Maybe tomorrow you can bring one of your pets here. They can help out for our next exercise.”

Fluttershy cringed at the thought of that. She rubbed her hooves together to try and return feelings on them, reminding her that this wasn’t a dream. Rainbow Dash had already thought of their next exercise, but their next exercise wasn’t what she wanted in mind.

“So what did you wanna talk about, Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked as she was walking towards Fluttershy. She grabbed one of Fluttershy’s forelegs and placed her other cyan hoof firmly against the yellow chest. A violent pull on the limb made Fluttershy squeak as her foreleg was stretched to impossible lengths while her body stayed in place. It only lasted a second before her limb snapped back and her other foreleg was pulled, repeating the process. Squeaking after both pulls and snaps, the feeling on Fluttershy’s forelegs were rapidly returning to her, followed by some pain, but minor.

“T-thank you, Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy said after waving her forelegs around a bit. When the cyan hoof left her chest, she went to the bag she was sitting next to, searching its contents and then pulled out a paper. She showed it to Rainbow Dash and pointed a hoof at a certain article. Rainbow looked closely at it.

“Golden Fried Pizzas?” Rainbow asked, noticing the restaurant name.

“Mhm,” Fluttershy nodded. “They’re having a sale today, a twenty percent discount. Their pizzas sound really good... and I thought later today, we could have a lunch date there. I’d be happy to pay for both of us.”

It looked like Rainbow Dash tensed up before she moved the paper down. “But, I thought you hated eating at restaurants. You usually prefer having picnics with your friends or pets.”

Fluttershy brought her gaze down to avoid looking into Rainbow’s eyes. “W-well, I… after all that you’ve done for me, I… we could hang out someplace new… to return the favor?” Her words crumbled up.

Rainbow Dash lifted Fluttershy’s head and glared at her face to face. “Hey, what did I say about making offers at my house?” The dark tone Rainbow used made Fluttershy squeak. But for some reason, looking at her eyes didn’t frighten her body as much as before.

______________________________________________________________________________

Two pegasi sat on a cloud together just outside of a cloud mansion nearby. One of them was holding a paper ad in front of herself to show the other. Said pegasus took a deep breath and tried the offer again.

“Would you... like to have a lunch date with me at Golden Fried Pizzas... later today?” Fluttershy asked, repeating her earlier question.

The reaction Rainbow Dash did was completely different than last time. Her eyes grew while her mouth gasped an open smile. “Y-yes!” She cleared her throat. “I mean, sure thing, Fluttershy! I’d love to!” she answered more calmly, but still buzzing her wings in excitement. Fluttershy looked away, smiling with a blush while Rainbow Dash seemed to think for a second. “So... later today… does the next hour work for you?”

Fluttershy’s eyelids flicked as she thought about that. “An hour? Well… I’m free at that time, but what about you? Don’t you have weather duties?”

Rainbow Dash gave her the odd glance. “Yeah, what’s your point?”

Fluttershy was about to answer, but then she remembered who she was talking to. Deadlines were hardly ever a problem for Rainbow Dash. She just looked away and blushed, feeling her frame itch in embarrassment.

“Cool, so we’ll meet at Golden Fried Pizzas?” Fluttershy nodded to Rainbow’s question. “Good. See you then!” Rainbow Dash took to the air, heading straight for her destination.

Fluttershy felt weird after the offer had been accepted. She thought she heard Rainbow shouting ‘Woohoo!’ as she left. But why would she be that excited? This wasn’t the first time they had a lunch date together. They've had a breakfast, lunch, and dinner date with their friends plenty of times. Hay, they even once had a brunch date with Princess Celestia. And while she preferred having picnics instead, she allowed herself to participate in them just like the others.

“Well, as long as she’s happy, I guess it doesn’t matter,” Fluttershy thought aloud. With that fact bringing warmth to her heart, she decided to go her separate way, back to the cottage to prepare herself for this plan.

______________________________________________________________________________

When she thought about preparing for her plans, she didn’t expect them to go so complicated. Because of her exercise earlier, she had to start her day off by taking a bath... with soap. Being lost in its warming embrace, she had completely lost track of the amount of time she really needed.

Since Fluttershy was going out for a while, she had to make sure all the animals were okay without her. Because of the recent days, some of her animals had been more demanding because they were lacking attention. Not all of them were as understanding as Angel.

She made sure their food pens and bowls were filled and okay. She made sure their gardens were pure. She made sure the more wild animals were secured in their pens to keep them from running off and into the Everfree Forest.

And most importantly, she made sure to remove her socks after she was done with her duties. She was now running across Ponyville, passing ponies by as she was heading to her destination. Surely the socks would have drawn her attention if she was still wearing them.

Although that might not have mattered because in her rush, ponies were still glancing her way as she passed by them anyway. Something else was drawing attention to her and it was probably her running. She apologized to those she came close to, not wanting to bump into them.

Through her pants, she took one last turn. Her sliding had nearly caused her to fall over, but she managed to keep her balance and keep running.

“Ahh!” Until she was suddenly stopped by a cyan hoof she ran into. The impact from that motionless hoof caused her to fall back, hitting the ground backwards. Wincing, she opened her eyes to see her stopper. She wasn’t in pain, but shaken up at the sudden halt.

Rainbow Dash, who was towering over her, was chuckling as she lent a helping hoof. “What took ya, Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked. “If ya needed more time, you should’ve said so.” Accepting the hoof, Fluttershy was brought back on her legs again. She found herself being dusted off.

“What happened to you? Did your pets suddenly attack you?” When Fluttershy heard that, she stuttered her voice as her body heated up in embarrassment. She now noticed just how messy she was. Twigs and pebbles covered her coat and tail while nuts and leaves covered her mane and wings.

Actually there was more than that on her features, but those were the most noteable that wasn’t just dirt, dust, and whatever these scratch marks came from.

“You look like you could really use a shower.” Rainbow Dash paused to sniff. “And smell like it too…”

Fluttershy squeaked. The more Rainbow Dash talked, the more embarrassed she got. She had planned for this hangout and was showing such a bad impression in front of her best friend. She didn’t even so much as think of what to wear.

“U-umm… I… eep-” Fluttershy was cut off when Rainbow Dash put a hoof to her mouth.

“No no, this won’t do at all.” Rainbow Dash suddenly released Fluttershy and took to the air without her. Whimpering, she reached a hoof out as her heart sank at the sight of her friend leaving.

“N-no… please come back,” she pleaded with shrunken eyes. Rainbow Dash was abandoning her and canceling their plan. Nothing but guilt filled her heart.

Fluttershy started tearing up as she hung her head low, realizing her terrible planning had offended Rainbow Dash. Now she was paying the price. Her thoughts clouded up, feeling like she had ruined everything.

“I-I’m… s-sorry… AHH!” Her clouded mind suddenly started raining down at her all at once. The cold water soaking her coat cooled her and washed away her tears, along with all of the dirt that was covering her body. She stood as straight as she could, but shivered in all the wetness that the shower rain gave her.

Rainbow’s hooves soon became present in front of her lowered head. “That’s better!” Rainbow said. “Clean as a whistle.” Fluttershy felt her head being lifted up to look at Rainbow Dash. “Feeling better?”

Although Fluttershy was rather cold due to the sudden shower rain, she did feel better now that her embarrassment was cooled down. Wanting to forget that moment, she nodded before rapidly shaking her body, causing the water that stuck to her coat to spray off in random directions.

Fluttershy continued shaking herself until most of the water was released from her coat. She smiled as her coat glistened into a sparkle, signifying its cleanliness. But one look at Rainbow Dash caused her smile to fade. Rainbow was smiling back, but her face was dripping with water, most likely due to Fluttershy's shaking.

"O-oh... s-"

"Don't say it," Rainbow interrupted while silencing Fluttershy with her hoof again. She then brought that hoof back to do a swift rub on her mane, spraying the water out and pointing to the restaurant they were next to in one motion. "Just head inside. That's what we're here for, right?"

Fluttershy froze for a few seconds. One moment she thought she had ruined their plans, the next moment it was brushed off like it didn't happen. Glancing over to the restaurant, she was too ashamed to think about anything else going wrong. So she just listened to Rainbow Dash and went inside. Rainbow followed afterwards.

______________________________________________________________________________

The two pegasi found their seats at one corner of the room. They sat on opposite sides, looking over their menus while they waited for the waiter to come and take their orders. The quiet growling in Fluttershy’s stomach didn’t help ease her nerves. It was already painful with the presence of all these other ponies eating in the room, some of them munching loudly.

Fluttershy couldn’t stop her eyes from glancing around the restaurant. Some ponies were just talking and waiting for their orders. Some tables had only one pony, some of them slumped. One table was filled with a whole family.

If there was anything that brought her ease, neither of them seemed to pay attention to her. But one of the lone seaters suddenly glanced directly at her. The moment she saw that, she saw all other eyes turning to her. Squeaking, she turned her head away, hiding and trembling under the menu. But she could still see those eyes inside her own eyelids.

“Have you made your decision?” Fluttershy screamed at the sound of that voice, tossing her menu upwards and covered her face with her hooves.

“Fluttershy, relax, it’s just the waiter.” Fluttershy felt a gentle hoof placed on her shoulder while Rainbow’s voice gave her ease. Those hallucinations gave away, and she realized it was only because of her outburst that everypony was staring now. But they didn’t keep their gaze on her for long. Letting out a nervous giggle, she looked to the waiter.

"S-sorry," Fluttershy started as she ordered. "I-I'll have the mushroom olives with the parsley topped pizza." The waiter nodded and filled out the order in his notepad before moving his attention to Rainbow Dash.

"Do you have any cupcake toppings?" The waiter returned her question with a dumbfound snarl. Rainbow Dash groaned. "Fine, give me the pickle pepperoni with the prism peppers included." The waiter filled out the order. He then pulled a white twelve petal flower within a cup, placing it on the table before leaving. "Make sure they're good and spicy!" Rainbow called out one last time.

Fluttershy's ears fell flat at the mention of such spicy condiments. Unlike most pegasi, she wasn't a fan of spices. "U-um, Rainbow-"

"When are they gonna add cupcake toppings to their menu?!" Rainbow interrupted. "Those are like, the best kind of pizzas ever! I mean, what do I have to do? Ask Pinkie Pie to ask the Cakes to combine their business with this joint?"

"Mmm... well... maybe we could go there and ask them nicely later today?" Rainbow Dash rose an eyebrow in her direction.

"I was being sarcastic, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy was about to say more, but refined herself from doing so. Rather than make the same mistake twice, she kept her attention on the white flower that was placed for them. The cup seemed to hold attachments that gripped the flower in place, but the flower itself was pretty and healthy.

Rainbow Dash seemed to take an interest in this flower as she leaned her head towards it, taking a good whiff at its petals. She then released a pleasant sigh and smiled.

"Smells good, don't you think?" Rainbow asked. Fluttershy decided to lean forwards as well to take a whiff. The smell of this flower was no more pleasing than the smell of her garden. The elegant and pure aroma left her smiling as well.

"Mhm," Fluttershy nodded.

After taking turns sniffing, Rainbow Dash brought her head closer. She went to the closest petal of the flower and clenched her teeth on it, plucking it off the flower. She gave a pleasant moan as she chewed the petal, enjoying its taste.

"Well, come on," Rainbow said after swallowing. "This appetizer isn't just for me ya know." She motioned for Fluttershy to take the next bite.

Fluttershy giggled, but complied. She reached for her closest petal and took a bite out of it, plucking it out. It tasted just as good as it smelled.

Rainbow Dash took a bite out of the next petal. Fluttershy followed up afterwards. This process repeated until Fluttershy had taken her third petal.

"I think that's enough for me," Fluttershy said. "I don't wanna ruin my appetite."

Rainbow Dash shrugged her shoulders. "Suit yourself. More for me." Rainbow Dash continued plucking the petals off the flower, eating them one by one.

Fluttershy watched Rainbow Dash plucking each petal. Each time she reached for the petal, Fluttershy wandered her eyes away. It looked like Rainbow Dash was glancing at her eyes just before each pluck. Each time she saw those eyes, her heart felt like it was being sucked away, so she tried her best to avoid looking into them.

Soon, there was only one petal left. For some reason, Rainbow Dash had stopped. Fluttershy looked at that petal, wondering why it hadn’t been taken yet. But she was more worried about Rainbow’s eyes. They seemed to be trying to look at her, so she kept her gaze on the petal as best she could.

But then, Rainbow Dash reached for the cup with her hooves, pressing the coil buttons on its sides. The attachments on the cup were loosened as a result, allowing Rainbow Dash to pick the flower up with her mouth. Her eyes looked seductive as she motioned the flower to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy swallowed nervously as that petal was motioned to her. But she understood what Rainbow Dash wanted her to do. Closing her eyes, she ignored Rainbow’s eyes and smiled. She leaned towards the flower and picked its final petal, eating and savoring its taste.

Rainbow Dash dropped what was left of the flower to one end of the table before looking back, still with that smile. Fluttershy could only smile back after swallowing the last petal. She looked towards Rainbow’s snout, avoiding her eyes while thinking about yesterday.

“Rainbow (Fluttershy) Dash…” Both pegasi called out each other’s names simultaneously.

“You first,” Rainbow Dash said. Taking this opportunity, Fluttershy released a breath and went over her words.

“Rainbow… these past few days… we’ve been hanging out more often than we normally do.” Fluttershy paused to look away. “The sleepover, the cooking we did together…” Rainbow Dash’s expression seemed to brighten while her wings slowly flared. “And this…” Fluttershy paused. “It’s been... enjoyable.”

A silent gasp could be heard from Rainbow Dash. “Ya… you mean it?”

Fluttershy returned her gaze before responding. “But these days have only been happening because of that… well…” She sighed and looked away again, too afraid to say it out loud.

“Aw, come on, are you worried about that again?” Rainbow asked, knowing what she was referring to. She reached over and grabbed one of Fluttershy’s hooves. Fluttershy could barely resist the urge to flinch, but warmed up at the contact. “Just don’t worry about it. The more it’s on your mind, the more problems it’ll cause you. That’s why we’ve been meeting a lot in my house, right?”

“Exactly, but that’s the problem.” Rainbow’s breath stuttered, but more violently than Fluttershy expected. She saw Rainbow’s wings tucking back in before she found her hoof being released from the cyan one. The warm embrace she was enjoying was gone, but she continued.

“The only reason we’ve been hanging out a lot recently is because of that. You’ve been helping me get through this. But… I realize…” It looked like Rainbow’s mood was picking up. “I’ve been… enjoying our recent hangouts really well.” Fluttershy paused and cringed her next words. “Even… the exercises… as difficult as they are, I can’t say I didn’t enjoy being trained by you. But I don't want these hangouts to happen just because of that. So...”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes grew wider than ever, almost like she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Y-you mean…” She didn’t finish.

“Rainbow Dash, what are you doing tomorrow?” Fluttershy asked.

“T-tomorrow? What about today?”

“Your meal, ladies.” Before Fluttershy could respond, the waiter had returned with their tray order of an eight sliced pizza. Both pegasi sat back from the table as the tray was set down. Just like they ordered, half the pizza held the mushroom olives with a parsley at the center of each slice while the other half held the pickle pepperoni along with prism peppers.

The waiter nodded to them before leaving. The pizza still looked piping hot, so Fluttershy started off by blowing on it.

“Well… I was planning on heading to Winsome Falls tomorrow.” Rainbow Dash decided to continue their previous conversation while the pizza cooled down. “I need to restock my ingredients to keep the rainbow fountain flowing in my house. But I could cancel that trip if you’d like.”

“No!” Fluttershy covered her mouth after that outburst. “No... no… um…” She went quiet all of a sudden, trying to settle down. Her body continued to grow more itchy as it heated up from that embarrassing performance.

“You... don’t have to cancel that trip,” she managed to get out. She was thankful that all Rainbow Dash did was raise an eyebrow before shrugging it off. Rainbow returned her attention back to the pizza. She turned it around and blew on it before taking the first bite.

“Well… I was hoping that I could… join you on your trip.”

Rainbow Dash suddenly spat hard, forcing a prism pepper out of her mouth. The pepper bounced off the table, flew behind a flinching Fluttershy, and landed on a pizza belonging to a mint green unicorn quite a few tables behind right as she was taking a bite. Alarm sounds could be heard coming from her head when that pepper met her mouth.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy reached towards her friend, noticing and hearing her violent hack and cough despite the pony behind them suddenly screaming at the top of her lungs. It sounded like she was breathing fire. “Was that too spicy for you? Maybe I should-” she was silenced by a cyan hoof placed over her mouth.

“Fluttershy, why do you want to join me to get ingredients somewhere far away?” Rainbow Dash asked before removing her hoof. One of the ponies on the other side of the room was being hosed down by her creamy earth pony friend, using all of their drinks at once. Fluttershy winced as she heard the violent screaming, trying to focus on Rainbow Dash.

“Y-you don’t want me to? I’m-”

“Fluttershy,” Rainbow sharpened her tone and stopped Fluttershy from finishing that repeated phrase.

Fluttershy decided to change her line of thinking. “Well… I thought it would be a fun experience. You know, hanging out?” Fluttershy tried putting a smile to lighten the mood, but Rainbow Dash’s expression didn’t change.

“Is that all?”

Fluttershy wasn’t sure how to respond properly. It sounded like a good reason to her. “Is… something wrong?”

“Nevermind.” Rainbow Dash just sat back against her seat and returned to focusing on her pizza.

Fluttershy debated whether or not to continue the conversation, but it sounded like Rainbow Dash just wanted to stop it now. Whether it was because of the pizza or something else, she couldn’t tell. She hoped it was the pizza. Now that she thought about it, if she ignored it for too long, it would get cold. But that was an odd thought because it still felt quite hot, but much more bearable. Regardless, she decided to join Rainbow Dash and just eat.

______________________________________________________________________________

The two pegasi enjoyed their half of the pizza like normal. Nothing particularly interesting happened between those times, other than the unicorn screaming earlier received a coupon for a fresh free pizza for her next visit. She had complained that a prism pepper was found on her pizza that she didn’t order, and then left with her creamy friend after receiving the coupon.

Despite the prism pepper’s spice, Rainbow Dash was handling them really well, something Fluttershy found hard to understand. According to Rainbow Dash, prism peppers were about half as spicy as the liquid rainbows were from the Rainbow Factory. Even Pinkie Pie couldn’t handle just one lick of that spice, and she downed a hot sauce drenched cupcake like nothing, which was something Twilight couldn’t handle.

Yet, Rainbow Dash was now finishing up her pizza along with Fluttershy. Since Fluttershy couldn’t handle spices like most pegasi, Rainbow Dash made sure not to let the prism peppers or pickle pepperoni get on Fluttershy’s half of the pizza. Now that they were finishing up, maybe they could talk some more.

“Rainbow Dash… about your trip…” Fluttershy started and took a deep breath, a breath that brought her friend’s attention. “I’m sorry if I had upset you about it. I understand that you don’t want me to go. I guess…” She stopped talking when she felt that warm grip on her hoof again. The way Rainbow Dash held her hoof on the table relaxed her feelings. She couldn’t even flinch this time.

“Fluttershy,” Rainbow started. “I never said I didn’t want you to come. It’s just…”

It was strange… Fluttershy felt like her hooves were starting to tremble. But it wasn’t her hooves. It was Rainbow Dash’s. Taking a peek up, Fluttershy could barely see the serious expression Rainbow Dash was wearing.

“Fluttershy, you like me right?” Rainbow asked. It sounded like she struggled to force those words out. But why?

“Of course I like you, Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy said innocently. “You’re my friend. Why wouldn’t I like you?”

“No.” Rainbow shook her head. “I didn’t mean like that… I meant…” Fluttershy made a small gasp.

“You mean you don’t like me?!” Fluttershy felt her heart drop. “I know I’ve been a terrible friend lately, but-”

“No, Fluttershy, I do-” Rainbow Dash flinched and cut herself off. She took a few glances around the room before signaling Fluttershy to bring herself closer, reminding her that they were kind of in public and didn’t want to be too loud. Fluttershy complied. It was fortunate that the other chatter in the restaurant drowned out there’s for only them to hear. “I do like you, Fluttershy. We’ve been friends since we were fillies.”

"I remember," Fluttershy nodded. "And I'll never forget those times. You were the only friend I had back then."

"But Fluttershy, it's not just that. There’s more to it. Like… ever since that race..." Fluttershy could feel the pulse resonating from the cyan hoof after Rainbow looked down and went silent.

"That race... A-are you worried about me?" When Fluttershy said that, it felt like her hoof was being held tighter. She really hoped Rainbow Dash wasn't gonna bring up a certain moment when they got their Cutie Marks. She already forgave her friend about that incident even before she met back with her filly friend. She only wanted to remember the good part about it, not wanting to see Rainbow Dash hurt over it.

"Fluttershy, I'm always worried about you," Rainbow Dash answered. "I care about you a lot, and..." She stopped. The way her lips moved made it look like she was having trouble with her words.

"...Is this why you've been so happy to see me exercise?" Rainbow Dash brought her attention back up, making Fluttershy look away. "Is this why you've been telling me to take care of myself?"

There was a bit of silence before Rainbow Dash removed her hoof from Fluttershy's, feeling the empty air again. Fluttershy immediately felt her heart pounding when she saw that frown on Rainbow's face. But… there was something else mixed in with that frown. Some sort of… hint of anger. It made Rainbow move out from the table.

"I-is this why you don't want me to come to Winsome Falls with you?" Fluttershy's pitch could only grow higher as her questions continued to be followed by silence. The look in Rainbow's eyes could only give her guilt the second she avoided eye contact. Was she right to be worried? She couldn't even look her friend in the eye anymore.

Rainbow suddenly responded after reaching under her wing. "Please come," she said softly. She pulled some Bits out from under her wing and set it on the table. She didn't say anything else and started walking away.

Fluttershy was confused. Her heart felt like it was expanding while her body filled with a shivering chill. Rainbow Dash wanted her to come, but was afraid of her safety? Why didn't it make sense? And why was she reaching a hoof out to her friend, not even trying to get out of her seat?

But while she was thinking all of this, something clicked in her mind. Her gaze went back to the table, seeing those Bits placed there. The sight that her shrunken pupils didn’t want to see put pressure on her breath.

“B-but… I… was supposed to pay…” She counted out those Bits, making her feel more queasy at the amount. Rainbow Dash didn’t even think about the discount. She paid full price… for both of them.

With more guilt piling in her stomach, Fluttershy got up from her seat and tried to go after her. Rainbow Dash just finished exiting the doors when Fluttershy got up. Fluttershy tried to catch up. It didn’t take her long to reach the doors and she was thankful no eyes in the restaurant followed her.

But when Fluttershy exited the restaurant, she found that Rainbow Dash was no where in sight. Gasping as the hot air from that pizza she ate took its toll, she looked through the skies, hoping that she would at least find the rainbow trail of her flying friend.

She saw nothing but skies and clouds.

“Fluttershy?” Fluttershy yelped and covered herself on the floor at the sound of the new voice next to her.

“Whohoa, settle down there, sugarcube,” another voice spoke. “Heh, it’s just us.”

Fluttershy picked herself up, holding a bit of relief as she recognized those voices. “Twilight? Applejack?” she asked, noticing they seemed to be heading to this restaurant too before they stopped.

“What happened in there?” Twilight started. “Rainbow Dash just came out earlier, flying as fast as she could. She looked like she was upset.”

Fluttershy could only hiccup her words. “U-upset?”

“Do you know what happened in there?” Twilight asked. Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth as it felt like her own stomach was gonna get upset. And not in the clean way.

“I-it must’ve been the spice…”

Twilight and Applejack looked at each other. “Spice?”

Fluttershy shuddered. “I-I have to go!” She immediately spread her wings and took air, leaving Twilight and Applejack behind. It sounded like they were trying to call out to her, but she kept moving.

Fluttershy held a hoof against her aching stomach, swallowing her breath a few times as it felt like her lunch was trying to escape her mouth.

Many thoughts conflicted with her mind that made her stomach uncomfortable. The heat and tingle spreading across her body, be it her hooves to her wings, made it difficult for her to fly straight. She felt happy for her day. She felt guilty for her performance. She felt confused by Rainbow Dash’s actions. And now she felt scared about what Twilight said.

Fluttershy couldn’t figure out which one she should be feeling.

Author's Note:

If someone could analyze just how spicy a rainbow is based on what we've seen from the show to real life standards, just how spicy would that be?

--
Find any errors? Please notify.

Feed back and criticism are appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy.