• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 589 Views, 11 Comments

Past Secrets - BloodHive1998



After being turned into a changeling; losing her memories; and then regaining herself, Midnight Locus, formerly Spirit Vengeance, must re-learn the dark secrets she once knew and reveal them.

  • ...
13
 11
 589

The First Trip part 1: Letter From One's Self

"I've been studying Changelings for a while now. I started after seeing them during the Canterlot invasion. My interest, for some reason, grew when I became a princess." Twilight said.
Her and Midnight Locus were riding in a large golden chariot with two Pegasi guards pulling, Midnight didn't want to aid them because she was still shy around most ponies. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were flying there, or rather, Scootaloo was riding a snow board with Rainbow Dash pulling it via reigns.
"Some changelings, separated from their hive at a young age, grow up not knowing that they were Changelings, but they always have a wish to learn everything about them." Midnight said, she mentally congratulated herself at managing not to stutter from fear, though it was only towards Twilight.
"Are you saying I'm a Changeling?"
"No, I was just saying it was possible."
"I've all-ready tried a reveal spell on myself, I did it after the invasion for the very reason you just mentioned."
"Oh."
"So, I've been wondering, what are the holes in your hoofs for, or the fangs?"
Midnight blushed at the mention of either. "W-well, the h-holes are usually there to l-lessen a-air f-flow when flying, the f-fangs are to i-inject s-sedatives into a pony or to d-directly f-feed."
"Why'd you stutter?"
"T-that's not all e-either is u-used for, they're a-also for more... i-intim-mate th-things."
Twilight blushed brightly at that. With the two blushing, one could see that, like all pony races, they had two different colors for their blood. Midnight's blush, thus her blood, was the color of an inverted rainbow. Twilight's was the color of a rainbow.
"Y-you know, the f-fact that A-alicorn b-blood and C-changeling blood are inverts of each-other is the r-reason they're considered sub-races, the same goes for other races." Twilight gave the fact mostly to get on a different subject.
"Y-yea, but for Changelings it's color usually changes with the disguise. I didn't bother using the more complex disguise spell to get the added effect."
Before Twilight could answer, the Pegasi began their decent and landed on the ground. As expected, Rainbow Dash was all ready there with Scootaloo, who was riding a scooter around.
"Where'd she get a scooter, she left with a saddle bag and a snow board?" Twilight asked.
Rainbow seemed to get a little giddy at that. "You... are... amazing Twilight! Scootaloo used what you taught her about mechanics to rig her scooter for almost any terrain, we're about to head to the store to pick up a few parts so she can add 'air' to her list!" Rainbow said energetically before flying over to Scootaloo and then taking her to a nearby wood and metal works store.
"She better not spend all the bits I gave her." Twilight said as they headed for the Manehattan hotel to check-in.

The hotel was about twenty stories tall, seventy feet wide and seventy feet long. The unicorn stallion behind the desk looked up as the door opened, and he nearly flew out of his coat when he saw that it was Princess Twilight Sparkle and a guard. The Stallion quickly bowed before the princess.
"It's a pleasure to see you Princess Twilight Sparkle." the stallion was clearly nervous from the Princess' sudden arrival.
"Same... I need three rooms, one for me, one for my friend Rainbow Dash and her biggest fan, and one for this pony." Twilight motioned to Midnight.
"How would you like your rooms?"
"I'll, naturally, take the best one you've got. Rainbow will want one with plenty of flying space."
"I-i'll t-take o-one t-that's m-mostly e-empty." Midnight said
"Hmm, she's not the best guard." the stallion casually observed.
"That's because she's a changeling under my care who's trying to get use to being severed from her hive. I had her disguise herself because I don't need attention drawn to myself more than it all ready is. She's a turned changeling so I'm trying to help her find out who she once was as well." Twilight said.
"Okay. Here're your keys." he hoofed them three sets of keys, then looked over to Midnight "I've had changelings stay before, please clean up your room before you leave, getting that stuff off the walls and ceiling is extremely hard." Midnight just nodded.

rainbow Dash watched in amazement as Scootaloo rigged her scooter with fold out wings to help reduce drag when being flown by Rainbow.
"Wow kid, you've got quite a talent." Rainbow said as Scootaloo tested the mechanism that folded out the wings, the second she had triggered the mechanism, two sharp-ended bat-wings snapped out of the sides. The wings matched in color to Scootaloo's scooter and soon folded back in.
"Good, the automatic re-tractors work, now I just need to wire the automated extenders to the altitude sensors at the bottom." Scootaloo wasn't listening, she was just too absorbed in working on her scooter. Despite what most would believe, Equestria was actually one of the most advanced places to be, it just held to several ancient traditions.
Wow, I wonder what's kept her from getting a cutie mark in mechanics. Rainbow thought as she remember when Scootaloo had showed her the triggers to change her scooter to a snow board. Scotaloo had told Rainbow that she intended to eventually have a scooter that could change instantly to match any terrain.
"There!" Scootaloo said happily as she finished her wiring. "Let's test this." she added as she tossed Rainbow the reigns that the rainbow manes pegasus had used to pull Scootaloo through the air. Rainbow caught them and nodded.

Even though she had seen it at least four times by now, Twilight still found the Sonic Rainboom to be the most amazing sight in Equestria.
Midnight was also, naturally, speech-less when Rainbow performed her legendary move.
Soon, a rainbow blur shot through Twilight's window and, as the dust cleared, Dash stood there with Scootaloo skidding to a halt on her scooter. Scootaloo's scooter's recently attached wings were visible for only a moment before retracting.
Scootaloo glanced at where the wings had retracted. "I need to properly tune the timing mechanisms. Hey Twilight, how quick do I need the sensors to transmit information when the thing's going faster than sound?" Scootaloo looked up to Twilight, who soon gave her answer. Scootaloo instantly got to work.
"How can she do that kind of math, I mean, she's just a filly?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"She's a filly that's been in my library, then our castle, every week since I became a princess. Besides, if you ever join the wonderbolts, you'll need to do similar." Twilight said.
"Nah, the Wonderbolts are cool, they'd never need to know that stuff."
"A-actually, they do." Midnight said.
"Why would they?"
"Y-you need to be a-able to know the right a-angle and how to get the right s-speeds to perform a lot of their moves. You a-also need great t-timing to perform the moves at the s-same time as th-the o-other m-members. So there's actually a lot of math needed in their routines."
"How would you know, it's not like you were one of them?" Rainbow said.
"A-actually, I-I was hired b-by them, or r-rather my hive was h-hired, to t-take F-fleetfoot's place after she got sick with the f-feather flu shortly b-before the W-wonderbolt's show h-here two months before I-I was sent to take S-Scootaloo's place." Midnight shrunk under Rainbow Dash's glare, which quickly calmed Rainbow down as, like the several other times before, the way Midnight did it looked a lot like how Fluttershy would have.
"What about the other wonderbolts shows, certainly they've gotten sick before?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"Rainbow, there is literally a changeling hive hidden under most major cities, even under the Crystal Empire, though those changelings are free to walk around." Twilight said.

Midnight Locus looked around at her, formerly empty, room while she took off her armor. It was nearly midnight and she had been working to design the room to feel right to her. The walls were now black and green, with the green glowing faintly, calming her; on the ceiling was a sleeping cocoon, the only indication of the cocoon's type was the semi-transparent window near the top. There were several pillars woven out of the changeling goo, several tables and shelves made of it, and even an armor and weapons stand. In short, Midnight had turned the empty room into a perfect replica of the room of a changeling, just with an armor and weapons stand.Having finished removing her armor, Midnight dropped her disguise and was about to go up the wall to her cocoon, when something was slid under her door. Midnight walked over and lifted the letter with her magic before reading it.

Dear me
I'm the former you, I've written this letter in anticipation for your, I mean my, return to Manehattan after likely being revealed by one of the princesses after getting turned into a changeling.
Anyway, I've discovered countless lies and secrets concerning Princess Celestia, some of which either involve or are known by Princess Luna. I know this will have been sudden and I will have only recently been freed of the Hivemind, seeing as the stallion behind the counter was instructed to only give me this letter if I was with Princess Twilight. Now, I should start with explanations. I've left a careful magic signature on me thanks to a unicorn acquaintance of mine, she's the sister of the stallion that gave you this letter, and I showed it to him so he could detect it. I'm currently a Pegasus and have no doubt that that will have been my choice of disguise. I will not just simply tell myself what the secrets are, but I've left clues, one is at the bottom of this letter, that will eventually lead me down the path that lead me to learning these secrets the first time, should you decide to re-learn them that is. I've planned all this out with care, I intend to let myself get captured by the Crimson Hive within the week and anger Queen Black Wing enough for her to turn me, this'll effectively erase me from the world, which I need to do to ensure these secrets are learned and Celesta doesn't catch me first. Now... I only have a few ponies I don't want you telling about this letter, this list is as follows.
-Princess Celestia
-Princess Luna
-The Stallion behind the counter, mostly because he already knows
-a pony that goes by the name, 'The Shadow Hoofed Colt', he's one of the few known celestial spies
-Queen Black Wing, or any of her drones/nymphs
-any random pony on the street, unless I've said otherwise in a different clue
Well those are the main ponies you should never tell, feel free, though, to tell Princess Twilight or anypony that's with you, I mean us, dang it's hard to remember that I'm writing this to myself, wait does that sound crazy? Never-mind, your first clue is bellow
*Where the sun and moon once lived, where the Nightmare was vanquished, there within a room hidden by 'Time' you will find she who sleep eternally.
Probably not the best riddle, anyway, this is the first place we need to go

That probably wont make sense until later.
signed, your past self
Spirit Vengeance

p.s. do not tell anypony, not even Princess Twilight, what your name was. There is literally a 14,000 bit reward for my head, I mean really just my head, weather it's the same as it was or not.

Midnight stared at the letter for a long time before slowly nodding and using some of the changeling goo (sometimes called gel); which was actually a spell that condensed pure magical energy, gained from emotions, into a solid form; and used it to block out the name.
"I need to let Twilight know." Midnight glanced out the window, which was now a semi transparent peace of changeling gel, and shook her head. "I'll tell her tomorrow." She then climbed up the wall and entered her cocoon, falling asleep with ease, the letter tucked in-between her front hoofs.

Author's Note:

Well, I'm sure everypony reading this story all-ready knew that Midnight Locus was Spirit Vengeance
hope you enjoyed

wonder what the secrets are, feel free to guess