• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 589 Views, 11 Comments

Past Secrets - BloodHive1998



After being turned into a changeling; losing her memories; and then regaining herself, Midnight Locus, formerly Spirit Vengeance, must re-learn the dark secrets she once knew and reveal them.

  • ...
13
 11
 589

plans

Midnight walked into the throne room slowly. She had left Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo to ask Twilight something.
"Yes Midnight?" Twilight asked, turning her attention away from the pony that was in front of her throne.
"I-I need to talk to y-you about something" Midnight glanced at the confused pony for a moment before continuing "Alone, preferably." she finished.
"You're getting better at managing your fears, let me just finish up with this pony and I'll be right there." Twilight turned back to the pony in question.
Midnight had to resist the urge to feed off the pony's growing excitement and just started thinking. She still couldn't remember her life at all, which wasn't surprising considering how powerful the spell to turn a pony into a changeling was. She knew that she would in-fact never be able to remember her old life, though it wouldn't stop her from trying to find out just who she use to be and other lost facts about her former life. Midnight made a silent vow to figure out why she was changed and then, if she feels it necessary and is strong enough, get revenge. She wondered if she had had friends in her old life, or a love.
"You are dismissed." Twilight said, bringing Midnight out of her thoughts.
"Thank you princess." the pony said with a bow before leaving.
"So what'ed you need to talk about?" Twilight asked.
"I-I was just a-asking if you could give me p-permission to use Rainbow Dash, you, and Scootaloo as s-sources of food. I still need emotions to live." Midnight said.
"Sure, but before that, here." Twilight's horn lit up and a glass of bright pink liquid appeared next to her, she easily levitated it over to Midnight. "It's liquefied love, I can't get more of it though as it takes a lot of time and magic."
Midnight drank the glass of pure love happily. "Thanks." she said quietly.

"what!" Scootaloo asked later on, after hearing that Midnight was allowed to feed off her.
"Midnight needs emotion to live, like any changeling. Since we were responsible for her new form, we are entitled to aid her in her new life, that includes providing her with our emotions when she needs them." Twilight said.
"How does it feel?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking over to Midnight.
"Y-you wont f-feel it." she said.
"All right, then I see no problem with it." Rainbow said.
"I do, you're asking us to let a changeling use us for food. Why is it that you seem so unwilling to just get rid of her?" Scootaloo asked, Twilight, who had been listening to comments like this for over an hour, finely snapped.
"Midnight has lost her entire life, she has trouble just talking to ponies she doesn't know, and we partly worsened her life by letting our combined magics clash like we did. All of us have to be there for her at least until she is ready to face the world again!" Twilight was almost using the Royal Canterlot Voice.
Scootaloo cringed and retreated into the shadows, trying to hide. "S-sorry p-princ-cess." she said.
"You'd be wise to not let that happen again Scootaloo. Now, I was thinking and we need to do something to help Midnight."
"L-like w-what?" Scootaloo asked fearfully.
"Seeing as she doesn't remember anything from her old life, and never will, I was thinking of trying to help her get an idea of who she was by going to Manehattan."
"T-that would be n-nice, I might be able to f-find something out there." Midnight said.
"Then I'll have my Rainbow Guard keep the place safe while me, you, Rainbow Dash, and Scootaloo all head to Manehattan for a few days, then we'll return for a while and possibly head out again. Come on, let's go to the barracks."

The barracks, much like the rest of the castle, was made entirely out of crystal, it was shaped like a hexagon, with several armor stands holding armors for seven of the eight pony races, excluding alicorns. The armor was silver with a purple eight-pointed star medal in the area that the Night Guard had their draconic eye symbol. There was two entire walls of weapons. The weapons included wing blades for changelings, Pegasi, Alicorns, and Bat-ponies; there were several spears with designs that matched how the eight pony races usually crafted them; hoof-claws of multiple sizes and lengths;different swords; and even a few spell books for the unicorn, changeling, alicorn, and dracorn (the 'sub' race of unicorns) in one section to allow for practice with magic combat spells for each one. Midnight gasped with shock at the sheer variety of armor, weapons, and spell books.
"I'll take Scootaloo to her cave to get some armor she apparently has, I'll be back." Rainbow Dash said before picking up Scootaloo and leaving the castle as fast as a bolt of lightning.
"Here's some Pegasus armor, I'll have the blacksmiths get to work on a personalized set for you." Twilight said as she levitated a set of armor over to Midnight.
Midnight thought for a moment before going up in green flames. When the flames died down, she looked like a Pegasus with a black coat; the same mane and tail as before, except with changes that made it match Rainbow Dash's; the same cutie mark as before; and normal looking eyes that were the same color as Rainbow Dash's. After finishing her disguise, Midnight got to work on the armor. She started by opening the wing panels on the side of the body armor and slipping the armor on, then she put her wings through the large holes that the opened wing panels provided and closed the panels to where only a small amount of fur was still visible around the wing base, after that she easily slipped on the hoof-shoes and put on the helmet, she finished by tying her tail at the base with a silver band that was about four inches long and straitening her mane. Soon she had finished getting on the helmet: a simple band that went around her temples and over a portion of the top of her head from the front. Midnight watched in a mirror as the enchanted armor started changing out her color pattern: making her coat gold, her mane and tail rainbow colored, and her eyes light-blue.
"All right, here's a set of wing blades to have on." Twilight said as she levitated the weapons over.
The wing blades were silver and looked like the outspread outer bones of a Pegasus' wing with about eight stumps (per wing blade) pointing off at slight angles and a series of wing clasps on the area around where the wing base and at the joints. Midnight closed the base clasp around the base of her wings, about three centimeters from the actual base, then she closed the clasps at the wing joints that were used to fold one's wings. The second she closed the final clasp, the one near the tip of her wings, the multiple stumps shot out to reveal that they were a series of thin blades that extended to about four inches away from the wing, yet were on pivots to where they folded in a way where they wouldn't interfere with her wings when her wings were folded.
"You look like you're related to Rainbow Dash now." Twilight said as she started putting on a set of golden armor with a purple crystal, which looked like her Element of Magic, embedded in the chest; golden hoof-shoes with smaller forms of the crystal in the chest on them; a headband that had another small form of the crystal embedded in the center; and she restyled her mane and tail (using a golden version of Midnight's silver tail braid) after that. Twilight grabbed a golden sword with a purple blade, the same crystal as the hilt, and several small blue gems embedded in the blade off the wall and slid it into a sheath.
"As a princess, I have to be in either regal cloths, which I hate, or armor when I visit any place." Twilight explained as Rainbow Dash flew in with Scootaloo, now in a small Pegasus set of Night Guard armor, on her back.
"I had to take a moment while Scootaloo killed a manticore and disposed of the body. Anyway, I like your look Midnight, reminds me of myself in armor." Rainbow said as she flew over to a set of six armor stands, each with special armor used for the element bearers, and started putting on her own armor. Rainbow Dash's armor looked almost exactly the same as Twilight except with a different helmet, which looked like the helmet of most guard factions, and a red lightning bolt shaped crystal replacing the crystal Twilight's had. Rainbow went with her own set of wing blades, these were gold, and put them on. After that she restyled her mane and tail in a way that matched perfectly to Midnight's.
"We look like twins." Rainbow Dash observed, then glanced at how Midnight had styled her mane and tail. "I think some of my habits also entered you when all this happened." she added.
"I-I guess." Midnight said.
"Come on, I've told the Rainbow Guard and I've got a chariot ready. Let's go to Manehattan." Twilight said after sending letters to explain what was happening to the other bearers.

Author's Note:

hope you like it.
let me know if there is anything I can do to improve it.