• Published 23rd Sep 2014
  • 1,266 Views, 10 Comments

Words Unspoken - wille179



These are the last words that were never said. Birdshot.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,266

Wub

Octavia Melody to Vinyl Scratch:

Never turn it up to eleven million again.


For all her roommate's eccentricity, Octavia had to admit that she was quite talented. To maintain a duel career, in two seemingly opposite lifestyles and yet merging both into a seamless whole, was quite impressive. By night, Vinyl Scratch was DJ Pon3, Canterlot's top electronic music performer and a nightclub veteran. By day, she was a white collar, lab-coat-wearing researcher, helping to develop new acoustic machinery and magic.

It was in their building's basement in which those two careers merged into a Frankenstein hobby. Octavia followed Vinyl down the steps into the presently silent, soundproofed rehearsal room. Her ears were tickled by Vinyl's magic, encased in a hearing-protection spell Octavia had insisted that Vinyl learn as soon as possible.

Seconds later, Vinyl was fiddling with the controls of her sound equipment. Octavia, spotting her own prized instrument, decided to push the cello aside as her friend set up the machine.

"Ready for awesomeness, Octy?"

She sighed, preparing for the huge headache to come. "Ready."

"Kick it!"

The base dropped, rumbling within the supernaturally loud speakers. The spell that protected her inner ear did little to stop the damage when the speaker hit the resonant frequency of her skull. It did nothing to protect against hitting the resonant frequency of the cello's wood.