• Published 15th Sep 2014
  • 379 Views, 1 Comments

Loyalty - Kelseythehuman125



Rainbow Dash learns a lesson she'll never forget.

  • ...
 1
 379

The search for Spitfire

What an amazing day in Ponyville for a speedy spin in the air! The wind breezing through my mane, a faint chill sinking in my coat, the rush I feel when I soar through the sky;it's so perfect! My hooves plant down when I land on a stringy bale of hay. In the distance I see the farm pony, Applejack. She's been working all day. I kind of feel sorry for her. Applebuck season is here, and she really needs to get workin'.

"Is it cool for me to help?," I question AJ.

"Why, that would be nice of you, Rainbow Dash.," she replies with certainty.

"You know, tomorrow i'm going to be wowing the crowd with a Sonic Rainboom, right? Cloudsdale is hosting a party for Soarin's birthday, and I was asked to wrap it up with a grand finale!," I cheer.

"That's good for you Dash.. I hope you do great.." She lowers her head in depression. My hoof raises her face, covered in tears.

"Wha-what's wrong?.. Applejack?.." My face curls into a frown. She wipes her tears away with her hoof.

"Well... Ever since we put Discord back into his stone prison, and seen our fighting when he controlled us, i've just felt different... It made me think... What if Twilight never would have saved us? Because of her, we are here, like this. All bonding further, in our happy states of matter.," Applejack's eyes filled with seriousness,"Discord was put on Equestria for a reason, to tear friendships apart. But, he couldn't pry us apart so easily."

A confused look wiped onto my face,"What is your point? What's making you think differently, and why were you crying?"

"Well.. We should think further about Twilight.. I think she has the potential to be... A princess.."

A lengthy gasp escaped my mouth. "How can you think that, Applejack?! Sure, she is smart and wise, but if she becomes a princess, she will have to leave us and return to Canterlot!," I imply.

"You have a point Rainbow, but it's for the best. I know I cried a little, but I thought about it, and maybe things will be better that way. It hasn't happened... Yet.. Don't worry about it. She won't be leaving us soon, and that isn't a lie. My element is Honesty, is it not?," she smiles widly, sure of herself. The least I can do is trust the orange pony. I guess things couldn't get worse, right?

The next day, I dashed over to the Wonderbolts Academy. Scanning the area for Spitfire, I had no luck. Where was that fast flyer? I trotted to the reception desk, inside the main lobby of the academy. "Um, excuse me!" I impatiently slammed my hoof on the rusty, old bell.

"What? What is it?!" A pegasus with a curly, orange mane stepped from behind a large filing cabinet.

I stared at her for a half second,"Uh, where's Spitfire?.."

"She's out." The snooty pony scooted back to her papers, rummaging through them. My nerves boiled in the pink crock pot, inside my head. How am I supposed to find Spitfire now? I have to find her before Soarin's party starts! My head was still turned back at the receptionist as I was walking out the door. The next thing I know, I fell to the ground. Oof!

"Hey, Rainbow Dash. Watch out next time, hehe." I looked up in surprise to see Spitfire lending me a hoof. I grabbed her hoof, and pushed myself up with my wing.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," the words trembled out of my mouth.

"Same. Come on, we gotta get to Soarin's party," she winked. "Gladly."